Fujitsu Classic

15 questions from our users

Linda Weir
Linda Weirasked
Classic

I have had these units for some years. I keep the filters clean. I notice that the blower wheel has a lot of debris on it. There is a "deep clean" procedure for the mini-splits. Is this something that can be done to clean the unit?

Metz

Not quite sure, you'll have to contact Fujitsu

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Linda, It' great you are keeping your filters clean. If you are after a deep clean, it's best to contact an air conditioning cleaning company in your area directly.

Ellenasked
Classic ASTG12LVCC (3.5kW / 4.8kW)

Hi. My remote won't come on. I changed the batteries and it came on for a bit but wouldn't turn the unit on. It's since went off again. I googled it and google said something about pushing an emergency start button on the unit. That started the unit but the remote still isn't working, I can't control the unit and can't turn it back off. Can anyone help please.

Metz

Consider replacing the remote.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Ellen, this could be the remote control, or it could be the receiver board. To test the remote please use your smartphone and place it into selfie mode angle remote so you can see the end of the remote control on the screen and press the button a few times. If you see it flash, this would indicate the infrared signal has been sent and the receiver board may not be picking this up which would indicate a technician is required to confirm. Alternatively please call our Technical Support team who will also do their best to assist you. Tel: 1300 364 484.

Ellen

Thank you. There was no flash, does this mean it was the remote control? Can these be bought separately?
Thank you again.

Andrew O.
Andrew O.asked
Classic ASTG12LVCC (3.5kW / 4.8kW)

What area in m3 will this effectively heat and cool

About 20-30 metres

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Andrew, You can check this out by using our Economatch guide via this link https://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/residential-range/economatch

Debra Axelsonasked
Classic

Hello, I have a Fujitsu reverse cycle air conditioning unit, Model # ASTG30LFF. I clean the filters regularly. My question is are their filters available of a higher quality, like a HEPA type that would be superior in keeping the air cleaner, in these trying times.

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Debra, Thank you for your question the filters we have aren't HEPA type, we do have upgraded filters which will depend on the Fujitsu Air conditioning unit you have. Please can you kindly check the model information which can be located on the right-hand side and we will then be able to check for you.

ASTG30LFCC

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Debra, Thank you for kindly providing your model information. Please can you DM us to provide your address and as a valued customer we will send these to you as a complimentary gesture.

Sandie C.
Sandie C.asked
Classic ASTG24LFCC (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

How do you remove the front cover?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Sandie, The front cover is hinged on the top. If you pull it towards yourself and upwards you will be able to open it. Let me know if you need any further assistance or call us on 1300 364 484 when you are doing it so we can talk you through the process.

Sandie C.
Sandie C.asked
Classic ASTG24LFCC (7.1kW / 8.0kW)

How do you take off the front cover?

boki
bokiasked
Classic ASTG34LFCC (9.2kW / 10.0kW)

what year was the astg34lfcc available?

Sab

Cannot remember but less than 5 years back as the product was still under warranty when repaired

Sam
Samasked
Classic

Hi, I have Fujitsu ASTG24LFCB it's been playing up lately, timer and economy lights flash, when I reset just the indoor fan work for few seconds then lights start to flash again and the indoor fan stop working in few seconds( in the intern outfoor unit does not work) initially turning main power off then on solve the problem but now it necetitate turning main power off few times for longer time (up to 20 min to get the unit back to work). Any ideas?

Fujitsu A.Fujitsu

Hi Sam, Thanks for contacting us. Firstly, I just want to check that your filters are clean?
If you can count the flashes of each of these lights, this will advise us what the issue is.
Our office is closed until the 2nd January but if you were to contact our technical support team on 1300 364 484 on or after this date they will be able to assist.

Sarmad B
Sarmad B

Thanks for reply
3 flashes timer,
2 flashes operation
Constant flashing economy

Beth Nasked
Classic ASTG30LFCC (8.0kW / 9.0kW)

What years was this model available please?

Vinay
Vinay

We got it in early 2017 it’s still a current model.

i bought the airconditioner in 2015

Sue n
Sue nasked
Classic ASTG34LFCC (9.2kW / 10.0kW)

The only rating for this model is poor, what can the remote do please?

Anton Cormosasked

Hi guys
I want to buy this model: FUJITSU ASY35LLCC but I don't know much about ac... Fujitsu seam a good brand but some of the reviews are not great
What to expect?

Fedup
Fedup

I would look at the daikin first.

Anton Cormos

Thanks Fedup, the price for Fijitsu is about 40\ less and I need 5 units so it's a big price difference... I am not sure we're I seen that Fijitsu AC is one of the best choices...
Thanks again for you help

Ash000asked
Classic

Hi I just had 3 new Fujitsu spits in stalled by contractor 2x 3.2 and 1 x7.2 sizes i think thats right .May question is this :a week after thay had completed the job I went in the roof for another matter and noticed that they had reused the pipes from the old aircons that were about 13 years old is this a correct practise and will my warranty still be ok and how long do these pipes last?

Steve
Steve

it is not common practice to use old pipework, there are products on the market to clean internals of old pipework. If the pipes have not been cleaned it will impact on effiency and life expectancy of the new system. As far as warranty goes if the compressor fails due to foreign matter eg old oil or contaminants, and Fujitsu examine the part there is a very good chance they will reject the claim. Good luck hope this helps.

yes it will be fine.

Ash000

Thanks but still concerned have not paid the bill yet but 6800,00 is a lot to pay for 2nd hand pipe work just to make the job easyier.

lynM
lynMasked
Classic

we are looking at a multi head system - AOTG24LAT3 outside with an ASTG07LVC and ASTG18LFC inside. How much moisture do they remove from the air? we have a mould problem and the rooms are very cold, so moisture removal, air purifying and heating is our main need, and we must have quiet units so as not to disturb the adjoining units whose bedroom is just above all these units.

Rob1232

WE have a 2 storey house with our system being used in the small living area upstairs. Our living area is on the south side of the house so it gets quite cold (though no moisture issues). Because our house is built on a slope, the air con unit itself is located outside our main lounge room window downstairs, & due to the slope of the land is just above our heads in front of a small window. The only noise we notice is a low hum coming from outside, so it does not bother us especially with the tv on or the kids mucking around. We use an oil heater downstairs. I hope this gives you some assistance.

Hi LynM
I have found they Fujitsu i have removes a lot of moisture looking at the outlet when running there is always water coming from the inside head unit, also the controller has a dry setting that removes more though i don't need to use it, the outside unit does hum a bit but you need to be almost on top of it for it to be intrusive, have asked the neighbours if it worries them their reply was what noise didn't know i had one installed, impressed with the inside too a bit noisy on high fan but never use this i usually start on medium at about 22-24 degrees then once warm drop to about 19-21degrees and the fan to low then quiet for rest of night, i have an open plan and it works well given the area
Hope this is of help
Regards

ShaunD
ShaunD

The specs for the sound levels are here at: http://www.fujitsugeneral.com.au/products/13/air-conditioning/wall-mounted-multi-split-systems/downloads/

Have not had a problem in my current house with condensation. If the rooms get too cold then you will get problems with condensation. Don't have the multi-head system so don't know how good that works.

Ron C, Caulfield VIC
Ron C, Caulfield VICasked
Classic

I installed a Fujitsu 2.5kw reverse cycle inverter split unit for a medium sized bedroom. I think that this unit is too large for the area as it swamps the room with hot or cold air. This causes rapid highs and lows of temperature. Is it too big? If so, what can I do? Ron

Joe_Z
Joe_Z

If the Air conditioner is believed to be to large for a room it is best to use low fan speeds and temperature settings closer to ambient room temperature. Experiment till you find the best combination.

Drifters cafe
Drifters cafeasked
Classic

Just purchased an ASTG24LFCB plus AOTG24LFLB has anyone have any comments on this product as we haven't installed it yet?

sporotti

HELLO I recently had the ASTG24LVCA unit installed after removing another wall making a more open plan area the old aircon i had would not do the bigger area, the new Fujitsu does the job with ease it dad take a few turns on to get it to its best, it has to do an area of 56 sq metres, after setting on a higher setting had to lower it as it was getting too hot, have yet to use the cooling side but on test cooled very quickly, on low fan setting it is quiet higher spped are a bit noisier but again find low fan speed is more than able to do the job, so far i am impressed with the unit, will see on the very hot Summer days how good it is, getting the cash back was also a bonus.
Hope this helps
Regards
David Cooper

Get an answer from our members and Fujitsu representatives

Fujitsu Classic