96Fussy Cat Food

Fussy Cat Food Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Allan
Allan · Dry Cat Food

I am wondering if we can get a refund on a bag of chicken, turkey cranberry cat food as our 3 cats have rejected it. Thank you

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Allan, Thank you for the feedback. We're sorry to hear your cats were not a fan of our grain free dry food and have sent you a DM.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

DPC · Chilled Cat Food Prime Steak Mince

My dear feline companion has been fortunate enough not to have had any side effects from your prime steak mince but given the feedback from above, in particular, the 220 preservative, potential red dye, and the terrible vomiting experienced by other cats, along with your less than adequate replies, I won't be feeding my girl any more of this stuff.

Ann

I have come to the conclusion that I should be looking for pet food stores selling fresh organic it’s only less convenient and .not portioned and not able to easily get when supermarket shopping. However they can’t be taking the pet’s welfare into account only their agenda and the affects make it apparent. I agree with you’re comment makes you feel bad that I ever fed it to my cat.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi DPC, thank you for your comment. We are pet owners too and take the quality and safety of our products very seriously.
We have a qualified Research & Development team that carefully formulate our recipes to meet all your pets’ nutritional requirements, and our food safety systems ensure our food is of the highest quality.

We are proud to be a member of the Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA) and as such our products are manufactured in line with all quality and safety processes found in the Australian Standard for Manufacturing and Marketing of Pet Food - AS5812.

Our strict processes and robust routine testing protocols ensure our raw meat products will only contain a low, carefully controlled level of sulphur dioxide preservative, while meeting the minimum requirements for thiamine as established by AAFCO.

We can most certainly assure you we do not include any artificial colourings or red dye in our fresh meat products.

All feedback we receive directly is thoroughly investigated together with our Pet Care team and Quality team and to date, we have no reason to suspect any safety or quality issue with any product or batch.

It is great to hear your cat has been enjoying our fresh meat products as intended, however we are disappointed to learn you will no longer be offering this product.

Should you have any further questions concerns, or require more information on product alternatives, please don’t hesitate to contact our Pet Care team directly on 1800 732 573 (option 1) to speak with one of our Veterinary Nurses as we are always here to help.

Thank you for your time.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Ann, thank you for your additional comment. Our Pet Care team have attempted to contact you on the number kindly shared, however have not been able to get in touch and have not heard back from you.

We will reach out to you on the number kindly shared today and hope to speak with you soon so we can address your concerns.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

DPC

Hello my fellow feline fanciers, it is very clear these are automated form letter replies from this company. Make your own minds up and take care of your kitties.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi DPC, we are sorry to hear you feel this way and wish yourself and your feline companion all the very best.

We are always here should you wish to reach out to our team for support.
Have a terrific day ahead.

Best wishes, Irene

Lyn S. · Chilled Cat Food Prime Steak Mince with Salmon

I bought this yesturday ,feed my cat with it last night and she vomiited violently x3 last night.Ive checked the pkt and it.has no" use by date" She has eaten chicken previosly without issue..How long is this product save to store ? I don't feedmy cat the same meal every day and would like to know if it be frozen, thawed and served

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Lyn, thank you for getting in touch. We are sorry to learn your girl was not feeling well last night and hope she is feeling much better today. We have sent you DM.

Our fresh meat products will have a best before date inkjet printed on the underside of the 5 pack individual serves on one end of the pack. Our fresh meat products will have a shelf life of 30 days unopened.

Our product can be frozen and is best thawed in the fridge to ensure the fresh meat remains chilled. One the product has thawed do not re-freeze.

Ann

Hi Irene that particular type Salmon and steak of fussy cat my cat would never eat but always ate the others for almost three years then started vomiting ( this way in March 23) and was suddenly repulsed by it I had some in the freezer and tried a month later and the cat wouldn’t touch it again. I contacted fussy cat I didn’t think to keep the barcode serial number I always check the use by date in the store as sometimes the stores sell it when it is almost expired and 5 portions won’t go beyond the use by date. Another thing I was thinking that perhaps they had first frozen it and then I did?? Also the use by date is written underneath the packet and only on one portion so I used that one last. I am having trouble feeding my cat now as she likes and can only eat fresh meat as she gets blood in her stools with packet and tin food and the vet said she’s just is one of those cats with IBS. She’s eating fresh chicken mince now but won’t have it mixed with steak??!! I wish that they had 5 portion packs with that as it’s too expensive the other way and I asked that to the makers of fussy cat because the chicken mince they make is not chunky is a good texture.

Lyn S.

Thank you, I will be following your advice.I didn't see any use by date but it may have been on the sectioned used and that part of the package was binned..

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Lyn, thank you for your message and happy to help with any information your require.

You are still welcome to respond to our DM requesting your contact number, so that we can speak with you directly and gather further details relating to your girls' experience. Alternatively you are welcome to contact us on 1800 732 573 (option 1). We hope she is feeling much better today!

Hope to hear from you soon.
Many thanks,
Irene

Stephanie A.
Stephanie A. · Chilled Cat Food Prime Steak Mince

Why is there suddenly raw pork as an ingredient? Cas are not supposed to have pork?

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Stephanie, Our Prime Steak Mince fresh meat products have always included Pork as a protein source, in addition to Chicken, Beef & Lamb to ensure variety. We include pork in our range of fresh meat recipes as it is a great source of protein and naturally high in amino acids such as taurine, and thiamine which is an essential vitamin cats require in their diets.
Many thanks, The Fussy Cat team

Mouse · Dry Cat Food

Has the Whitebait and olive oil blue bag of grain free kibble been changed in its ingredirents

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi, thank you for reaching out. We can confirm there have been no changes to the recipe of our Fussy Cat Grain Free with Salmon, Whitefish and Olive Oil dry food.
We hope this information helps and should you wish to speak to our Petcare team directly we can be reached on 1800 732 573 (option 1) Monday – Friday 9am-4pm.
- The Fussy Cat team

Mouse · Dry Cat Food

Has the fussy cat blue bag no grain kibble formula been changed, the salmon and white fish and olive oil one.

Caroline B.
Caroline B. · Chilled Cat Food Finest Mince with Kangaroo

Please tell me when your fussy cat fresh range will be changed back to raw minced meat not fine paste. I have spoken to others who agree its changed from mince to paste. My cats enjoy your grain free dry food only.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Caroline, We are sorry to hear our product has not met your expectations on this occasion and thank you for sharing this feedback with us. We are pleased to hear your beloved cats are enjoying our Grain Free dry food ranges!
We will pass this feedback along to our team so they are aware of what our customers are looking for in our products.
Should you wish to speak to us directly to share further details we can be reached on 1800 732 573 (option 1) Monday – Friday 9am-4pm. Alternatively, please send us a DM with your contact number and we can reach out to you.
Many thanks,
The Fussy Cat Team

Killara
Killara · Chilled Cat Food Finest Mince with Kangaroo

Have you changed the ingredients of the Fussy Cat Finest Mince with Kangaroo - both my cats are refusing the meat whereas before they tucked in... and the pure mince they will not even take a mouthful..

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Killara Thank you for your question, and we are sorry to hear that your furry friends have not been enjoying their meals so much of late.

We can confirm that there have not been any changes made to this recipe or to our Raw Material Suppliers, and our ingredients remain the same as listed on our packaging.

You would be most welcome to reach out to us on 1800 732 573 (option 1) Monday-Friday 9am-4pm AEST if you would like to discuss your experience further, or let us know your contact number and the best time to reach you via PM and we will be in touch.

mickey · Dry Cat Food

Where can I get this one in the red and blue please. Coles and Woolworths no longer stock. Please email me leisatambo@gmail.com.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Mickey, Our Fussy Cat dry foods are still stocked by Coles and Woolworths as well as selected IGA stores.
We’ve given our Fussy Cat range a new look to make it easier for our customers to find and distinguish flavours and textures.
You can visit our Fussy Cat website to see our new look packaging here: external link

mickey

Thanks for your reply. Have you repackaged it and changed the mixture as I got the white one with the blue on it and the boys don’t like it. They are so fussy. One of my boys have celiac disease and I’m finding it hard as he will not eat the new ones.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Mickey, We have made minor changes to some ingredient percentages in our Fussy Cat dry foods, to ensure they are providing our customers pets with the best selection of high-quality ingredients available. We have also updated and simplified how these ingredients are listed on our labelling.
We’re sorry to hear your cats are reluctant to eat our products now and will share this feedback with the team. If you have any further questions you can reach out to us directly on 1800 732 573 or through our website external link

mickey

Well I’m sorry to hear you changed something that wasn’t broken.

Mouse

Me to, my cat has started vomiting of late. The blue bag was the ONE AND ONLYkibble she could tolerate, now I'm in serious trouble. She's been vomiting quite badly in last few weeks. It's what triggered me to google the question of a possible ingredient change. What is the actual change that's bee made??. I am now faced with a huge decision on my cat, as the blue bag was the ONLY KIBBLE IN THE SUPERMARKET SHE COULD TOLERATE . YES, IM SAD, AND ANGRY...WHY CHANGE A GOOD THING. . she may have to be euthanasia now.

Hayley L.
Hayley L. · Dry Cat Food

Hello kind people!
My 1 year old cat is 1month &1week pregnant.. I'm wondering if "fussy cat grain free kitten care 2-12 months" is suitable for her during her pregnancy?
Also some suggestions for wet food please? Something that is Nutritious but won't cost me my right arm
Also would something with grain be a better option?
thanks in advance..

Elizabeth
Elizabeth · Dry Cat Food

My cat likes both the mince and the dry food. My question is about what the percentage of salt is in the kibble. It is listed in the ingredients but I would be interested to know exactly how much percentage wise was in there. Thank you.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for your query on our Fussy Cat dry foods. If you have any questions or feedback for us please contact us directly, as this site is not managed by us.
You can reach us through our website here: external link
We look forward to hearing from you.

Tammy V.
Tammy V. · Dry Cat Food

Do you think these biscuits would be good for a cat who has diabetes ? Since grain free ???

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Tammy, Unfortunately, our Fussy Cat Grainfree dry foods are not specifically formulated for cats that have medical conditions such as diabetes. Although these products are grainfree, they will still contain carbohydrates which may need to be taken into consideration in an animal with diabetes.
If you haven’t already, we’d recommend you speak further with your attending veterinarian as they are in the best position to advise if our Fussy Cat dry foods are suitable for your feline family member.

skyler.w
skyler.w · Dry Cat Food

are these treats suitable for my 8 week old kitten

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Skyler, Wed suggest basing the majority of your new kittens diet on a specifically formulated kitten food such as our new Fussy Cat Kitten Care dry food and offering our Fussy Cat treats occasionally.
You can learn more on this product by visiting our website here: external link

skyler.w
skyler.w · Dry Cat Food

is it okay to feed these to my 8 week old kitten

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Skyler, Wed suggest feeding our new Fussy Cat Kitten Care dry food to cats under 12 months of age.
You can learn more on this product by visiting our website here: external link

Tabatha T.
Tabatha T. · Dry Cat Food

How much dry food should I feed my 10mnth old cats? They weigh about 1kg each & are female domestic short hair tabby cats.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Tabatha, We’d suggest feeding our new Fussy Cat Kitten Care dry food to cats under 12 months of age.
For kittens weighing between 1-3kg we suggest feeding 45g to 110g (or ½ cup to 1 cup) of dry food per day (for each cat) if this is the only food being fed. You can visit our website to see the our suggested feeding chart.
You may need to feed more or less than what we suggest as each animal will have individual requirements.
If you haven’t already, we’d suggest confirming your cats’ weights by popping them on the scales at home or at your local vet clinic, as ~1kg sound quite underweight for a 10 month old cat.

Marie W. · Dry Cat Food

Is grain free chicken and Turkey with cranberry safe to give to cats all the bad reviews has me worried

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi Marie, Thanks for reaching out. We can confirm that all of our Fussy Cat products are produced under extensive product quality control processes and comply with Australian Standard AS5812. This Standard addresses the management of raw material selection and handling, factory management, product formulation, process monitoring and control and labelling consistency of finished pet foods to ensure product quality and integrity. The Fussy Cat dry food and wet food range are also formulated as complete and balanced to ensure your cat receives all the nutrients in the diet. We hope this helps

Tanya
Tanya

I gave this to my cats recently thinking I was doing them a favour switching to grain free but they had awful diarrhea and vomiting. I stopped using it and they still were ill until a week later. I wouldn’t use it again and don’t recommend it.

Marie W.

Hi Tanya my cat has bad diarrhea to and doesn't look himself

Gen M
Gen M

Mine have had diarrhoea for a couple of weeks. At first I thought they must both have a bug, but it's kept going, and smells toxic - the only thing I can put it down to is that it coincides with me opening a new pack of the grain free chicken and Turkey.... they both have the diarrhoea, and one of them recently had a clean bill of health from the vet, so it's not likely to be some other terrible illness. I think there must be a really bad batch.

Fussy Cat   DM

Hi there, We can confirm there are no batch or products issue with any of our Fussy Cat range.
We do take all feedback seriously and encourage our customers to contact us directly so we can understand their experience with our products better.
You can reach us on 1800 732 573 (option 1) Mon-Fri 8:30-5pm AEST, or through our website contact form here: external link

Anissa Elise
Anissa Elise

Some are so old in the grocery store... when you get a good one it’s clearly gravy consistency and not congealed... ki loves the fresh ones

Emma A.
Emma A. · Dry Cat Food

VIP- the question below was asked 8months ago. Why no response?? Please revert. Your non-response makes your company appear to have something to hide.
Hi could you please tell me about Fussy Cat tin food that is grain free. I cant see how much salt is in it. Is it suitable to feed to a cat with second stage kidney disease. Is this food of a high quality?

Jacki M. · Dry Cat Food

Can a kitten eat VIP fussy cat wet food

Cheryl A
Cheryl A · Dry Cat Food

Hi ....will a kitten food be added to the fussy cat variety any time soon ? my 3 shorthaired exotic cats have been thriving on this food ....they love all 3 flavours and also the vip cat mince ......my female exotic has become pregnant (planned litter) and and she needs to be gradually shifted onto kitten food .....i would love to keep her on the vip brand and also wein the kittens onto it ....but it is not available in a kitten formula only adult....im so disappointed that i will have to introduce her to another brand that have kitten formula.....really hoping a vip kitten food is bought out soon .

Ok Thankyou

BOO BOO
BOO BOO · Dry Cat Food

Get an answer from our members and Fussy Cat representatives

Select a listing for your question
Fussy Cat Food