Heritage Bank Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

willy m.
willy m.asked
Online

How can know if the letterhead for agreement by heritage bank is genuine, do you have valid formal for such important papers.?

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

We always suggest for people to contact Heritage Bank directly if they are concerned with the authenticity of any communications received from Heritage Bank. You can do this by calling us on 13 14 22, emailing info@heritage.com.au or visiting your nearest Heritage branch.

John F.asked
Online

Hi,
I applied for a home loan at heritage bank the finance was due on 11 May 2021 , when I contacted them , they asked me more payslip . Luckily the seller grant me an extension for seven days, however, it come to my attention that the settlement is due two days after finance. When I asked heritage bank if I can request an extension for settlement, they told me to not asked,as they can manage to settle in two days. I am now worry if this is just a way of telling me that the settlement will not happen and my application is unlikely to progress for final approval. I feel like it will not be fair if the finance declined, as I have a very good credit score, I have a solid work history: I put almost 30% deposit. I am now stressed for Heritage bank not be transparent with me.

Hon

Don’t count on them. I was told the same and they could not keep their promise. Lucky I didn’t trust them.

Hi Hon,
I am now so confusing, and the finance is just nearby on due date. Is it possible to apply somewhere else @ this stage?

Hon

looks like you haven't even got their formal approval. It takes them at least another week to get documents ready after the approval. Then you need to add the time for them to review the signed documents etc. I doubt it will be ready. I was told the big 4 banks can turn it around much quicker but they lend less. Might worth checking out.

Mary S.
Mary S.asked
K V.asked
Heritage Bank

Is it legal for Banks to charge overdrawn fee's? For example Heritage charges $10 overdrawn fee's.

Aidan M.
Aidan M.

They steal money from your account to

Anna B.
Anna B.asked
Heritage Bank

I would like to open a bank account because I’ll be staying here for 5 month Due to work and travel. Now should I open a bank account with heritage bank or Westpac (my friend told me they were good) ? Anyone got any experience?

steve

they are good,somebody scammed me and put negitave comments on,they are really good

Appalled
Appalled

Stay away from Heritage!! Westpac are better - also don't use Commonwealth Bank

K V.

After the Bank Royal Commissions the big 4 Westpac, Commonwealth, ANZ and National I wouldn't open a Bank Account with.

Emma
Emmaasked
Heritage Bank

Should I move my banking from Suncorp to Heritage Bank? Reviews on this forum seem pretty much the same, as in BAD? Sick of the lack of customer service at Suncorp, now looking around to find a bank with real customer service. Does such a thing exist in Australia..? Would really appreciate your help.
Regards
Emma

Len1010
Len1010

Sometimes it's better to stick with the devil you know rather than try a Devil who might be worse. You never know what a company is like until you have a problem and need their help. The way a company treat you then is all that really matters so far as their credibility. Everyone nowadays talks the big talk, few actually follow through with any tangible action. After being a loyal long term Heritage customer I had my first problem recently (a double up charge) I was treated very poorly and forced to jump through many hoops. I had one of their supposed customer service representatives actually hang up on me after telling me to sort the problem out myself! I have yet to even hear back officially from them as to why I was ignored and why they took the same payment TWICE less than one minute apart. I don't trust Heritage at all anymore.
My best advice is that you should stay away from Heritage as clearly Customers Don't Matter to them.
Hope this answers your question,
Regards Len.

steve

yes i agree,tried to give them 2million,in cash,they put a indian,manager in my small town,who dont care,thier loss,like to put that cat in a crab pot,they are terrible,say something on line,they shut ya down,the crooks

K V.

Same here. I wanted to take out House Contents Insurance and was told by the branch someone from Insurance section would ring me they never did, so I rang the insurance section myself and was told I have to ring the branch.

Chantelle
Chantelleasked
Heritage Bank

Are heritage and westpac linked? For bank transfers?...

kwv42
kwv42

If you mean Westpac does owns Heritage, it doesn't.

But if you mean can transfer money between the two, yes you can.

And like other transfers, you have to check with both to see what you need to do.

steve

better going to westpac believe me

VIC guy
VIC guyasked
Heritage Bank

Heritage Bank offer me 1.40% discount to life of the loan. So my interest rate is 4.03%. Should I trust them? Never heard of this bank in VIC.

Woody
Woody

Yes I believe the bank is as sound as any other bank is. All the Heritage Bank needs to do is to practice what preaches, and assist the people that go into their bank, who wish to change large value notes of current Australia currency to smaller denomination. Otherwise I think the bank is quite secure and operates as other banks do.

steve

ha ha,dont try to invest with them,wont give ya simple answers,go somewhere else,believe me,always,dont know,and wont ring ya back,down with the lying cat,tried 2million,they dont want it,if ya complain they shut ya down,not to be trusted,im telling yez.

toddhill
toddhillasked
Heritage Bank

Address for heritage bank in sydney city?

wayne
wayne

I think that you will find there are no Branches in NSW as of yet. Heritage have branches in Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Wide Bay Burnett area & the Darling Downs (Head Office is in Toowoomba). I was looking for a branch in Canberra a few years ago. You can search here for ATM locations, Branches and mini-Branch locations. http://www.heritage.com.au/Branch-Locator.aspx

Get an answer from our members and Heritage Bank representatives