Hire A Hubby Questions & Answers

Verifiedhireahubby.com.au
Terry Abordi
Terry Abordi

Please advise the hourly rate.

Thank you for reaching out to Hire A Hubby via Product Review. Hi Terry

Our franchisees don't work to a set hourly rate as jobs vary depending on cost of materials and the labour involved. The best way to get to quote is to contact Hire A Hubby via the website here: external link

One of our hubbies would be able to pick the job up from here and quote you from the website.

MANDY
MANDY

Well that’s just fraudulent

Hire A Hubby   DM

Good afternoon Mandy I think what Karl was trying to say is that customers can request a quote via the website or by calling 1800 803 339. When the job is accepted, the Hubby will provide a quote. The customer can review the Quote (and the Terms and Conditions on the back of the Quote), and accept it or decline it. Quotes are provided for the job, not by the hour.

gabrielle mchugh
gabrielle mchugh

Hello,
I would like someone to hang shelves and art works on my plaster walls if my Victorian home I’d like about 15 holes and plugs inserted. How much do you estimate this will be?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Good morning Gabrielle You've posted a question on Product Review. We don't provide quotes via this platform so would you please Book A Quote on our website (link below), or call 1800 803 339.

external link

If you live near a Hubby and they are available, they should be able to provide you with a quote. NB. all of our Hubbies run their own business and provide the quotes themselves, not head office.

Please Book A Quote on our website via the link above, or call 1800 803 339.

Have a great day. Thank you Gabrielle.

Rusty H.
Rusty H.

How much to assemble a 2.8x2.1 metre shed.

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Rusty Thank you for your enquiry.
Please Request a Quote via our website at external link  or call 1800 803 339.

Sharon
Sharon

My new carpet is to be installed end of this month. However, my bedroom door needs to be taken off and have the bottom shaved, to enable the opening and closing of the door. Do you have someone in my area of Craigieburn. To have this work done, how much would it cost, and when could it be done?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Sharon Thank you for your enquiry.
Please Request a Quote via our website at external link  or call 1800 803 339.

Vivienne T.
Vivienne T.

Do you have a man to escort a woman to a family occasion

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Vivienne To answer your question bluntly, I'm sorry but we are not that kind of service.

Hire A Hubby is a nationwide property maintenance service operating across Australia. If you need help with any home improvement work, you can request a quote by clicking on the link below:
external link

Teresa. WA.
Teresa. WA.

Hiya,
How much are the 'hubbys' suppose to charge per hour please?
Regards,
Teresa Sprogis.

[Email Address Removed]

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Teresa Handyman work is very diverse, so we do not set fixed prices. Our Hubbies are given extensive training on the pricing and quoting of jobs, We review over 50 of the most commonly requested jobs and provide the key steps involved in preparing a quotation and then discuss them as a group. We also provide a print out of “market acceptable” prices for our Hubbies to keep as a reference.

The best way forward, if you are looking for a quote for some work, would be to book a quote with us here: external link

Kasum H.
Kasum H.

Do you do back-door replacements

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi there Yes, this should be a job that our Hubbies can do for you. However, it will depend on your location as to whether or not we have a Hubby servicing your suburb/location.

Hello,
How much per hour would a tradesman charge to complete a small pergola with poly carbonate sheets.
All materials are ready to go and on site

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Monique Thank you for reaching out to Hire A Hubby via Product Review.

Monique H

Hi Karl, thankyou for help, I’ll do that!
Have a good day, cheers,
Monique

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Monique No problem at all. Have a lovely day!

Rachel M.

Hi, I live in Robina and have a few odd jobs like putting a door handle on the door, hand rail fallen off and bring down and break up a double wooden base that broke. Regards, Rachel 0433168058

Hi Rachel Happy Monday!
We have a hubby in Robina - Andrew Trewinski - so I'll ask hime to give you a call.

LadyWriterOnThePC

Why does HAH allow the name of a HAH Franchisee to be displayed on here for positive reviews, but remove the name(s) of HAH Franchisees for negative reviews?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi there We do not have the ability to remove names - Product Review does this because they may be defamatory. You could always ask Product Review if you need more information.
Hire a Hubby

LadyWriterOnThePC

I would like to know what action HAH takes to remove rogue franchisees. I have noticed two reviews about a particular HAH who wanted to do cash jobs who the HAH rep said on here they would investigate (some time ago) and then I see that same franchisee be reviewed as overcharging yet another customer and refusing a refund very recently. I have looked at the legislation that regulates Franchising in Australia and it would seem to some degree that there is limited power to deal with rogue franchisees until they have broken laws or become bankrupt. I personally dealt with a seperate HAH who did breach the ACL and your "Field Manager" was powerless to do anything meaningful. So please tell; what action?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi there Thank you for your feedback. We have already replied to your reviews. Please refer to those for information on what we do with negative feedback.

LadyWriterOnThePC

You haven't answered the question so I will repeat it. What action does HAH as a franchisor take against rogue franchisees? Also what reviews? I have only written one for Hire A Hubby (Upwey).

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi there We have comprehensive in-house processes to deal with customer feedback/reviews. We do not disclose these publicly.
Hire a Hubby

LadyWriterOnThePC

LOL again you didn't answer the question. I will take it that you don't want to or can't.

Scott H.

What is an average rate charged? I was charged $117/hr for some simple handyman jobs. This is rediculous to me? Does this sound right?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Scott, Thank you for reaching out to Hire A Hubby.

Each of our franchisees are individual owners of their business. As such I can't give you an hourly or average rate because each franchisee provides a quote for individual jobs. The quote is based on the job, materials required, labour, approximate time to do the job, and other things unique to the job or as requested by the property owner.

Scott H.

Effort to fix some loose table legs and change a change a pop up vanity plug to a standard plug. Only material needed was a new standard plug for $7. What should I expect in labour?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Scott, Did you use one of our Hubby Franchisees or someone else? I can only suggest you ask for an itemised bill and query it with whom provided the work.

Alternatively, if you would like a free quote, please contact us via our website: external link

Scott H.

Do HaH view the job to give a free quote? Or do they quote from the job description?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Scott, Hire A Hubby do both. For smaller jobs we can offer an estimate without a site visit. Hire A Hubby may want to do a site visit depending on the complexity of the work and then offer you a quotation.
Thanks,

Scott H.

is getting the quote free for both options? Appreciate the help by the way

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Scott. The quotation is free for both as long as the area isn't too remote and is covered by our Hubby network.
Please contact us via our website: external link

thanks

Cheryl
Cheryl

Hi just wondering what your hourly rate is please?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Cheryl Happy Thursday. Thank you for reaching out to Hire A Hubby.

Each of our franchisees are individual owners of their business. As such I can't give you an hourly rate because each franchisee will provide a quote for individual jobs. The quote is based on the job, materials required, labour, approximate time to do the job, and other things unique to the job or as requested by the property owner.

The best way to get an idea of cost is to request a quote by calling 1800 803 339 or by booking online at external link .

I hope this answers your question.

Deanna D.
Deanna D.

Do the people who work for HaH need any special training, license, etc?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Deanna, Happy Thursday and thank you for reaching out to Hire A Hubby.

Our Hubbies come with their own skills, qualifications and licenses. Hire A Hubby looks for property maintenance professionals with experience in carpentry, plastering, tiling and/or painting. We are offering competitive salary packages depending on skills and experience in the Industry and offer on and off the job training and the opportunity to gain accredited qualifications such as Cert I in Carpentry.

If you'd like to know more, please either visit our website external link  or call us on 1800 803 339. We have a whole section on the website which will inform you more fully on our training for Hubbies as well as career progression.

Graeme Y
Graeme Y

What would be the approximate hourly rate to covert a linen cupboard into a wardrobe in Glenelg please ?
Graeme Yelland 0418530840

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Graeme We don't work on hourly rates because each of our franchisees are their own separate business and quotes depend on the specific and unique requirements of the job, the labour involved, the materials required, etc.

I'll ask the Glenelg franchisee, John Abbott, to give you a call to discuss. His mobile number (if you need it) is 0412660393.

Hire A Hubby (Sydney)

Tracy
Tracy

Hi, I have a HireaHubby that gave me a quote do some carpentry work for $2800 and he has asked for $1000 up front to purchase materials. Is this legitimate?

Ann Butler
Ann Butler

i don't know about the legality of it. I suggest you contact them directly. I only commented on the service I recieved

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Tracy Thank you for your question.

My suggestion would be to read the Terms & Conditions on the back of the Quote.

Peter M
Peter M

when I rang the 1800 number I have been told that if the local hire a hubby cannot or does not want to do the work we cannot approach anybody else from hire a hubby to do the work. is this correct?

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Peter, If your local hubby is unavailable you should be directed to a surrounding hubby. We will follow this issue up with our call centre.

If you book online at external link  you should be allocated the nearest hubby.

Laurence

Book Lover
Book Lover

From the review I can see about 20% of customers were not happy; it is a large percentage; 80% rating 5 stars is good. I have two questions for the management of Hubby:
1. How do you control the cost of any work, or you leave quoted price at the discretion of tradesman?
2. How do you control the quality of work done?
Regards,
Minh Nguyen

I.P. Daily
I.P. Daily

Why not simply ask them directly rather than ask in a review site?

AGinBNE
AGinBNE

Obviously has no idea how franchises work...

Sarah
Sarah

He has a legitimate question. I got a quote from the franchisee. Thought he would be doing the work. But he left the work for someone he hired. Wasn't entirely happy with the work, the worker's inability to answer questions, and he didn't clean up afterwards.

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Book Lover Each of our franchisees is a separate business under the umbrella of Hire A Hubby. We have standards and processes in place that the Franchisees must follow. Where required, they must hold licences to perform certain works. Field Managers are in regular contact with all Franchisees they manage. Costs and quotes and work carried out are managed by each Franchisee. As the owner of their business, the Franchisee is ultimately responsible for quality and workmanship. Our Operations team and head office help, guide, coach, and advise franchisees as much as we can and whenever required to ensure standards are upheld, and processes are followed. The Operations team will meet franchisees on a daily basis, meet with goups of franchisees fortnightly, monthly, and quarterly and once a year we have a national conference. No stone goes unturned. I hope this makes sense.

derek c.
derek c.

Decorating your home essentials is the main objective when the question is about maintaining the impression of your deck. This is the reason that the deck repair in Upper Marlboro is crucially important to examine your deck on regular basis. See deck repair in<a href="https://kuffahandyman.com/deck-repair-in-bowie/"> Bowie handyman</a>. Generally, deck repairs may include loose rails replacing or shattered floorboards, rusted nails removing, and screws retightening. There is a number of symptoms that indicate the deck repair requirement.

LadyWriterOnThePC

Nearly 20% of customers gave a 1 star review. This is more than significant!

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi again We have passed on all reviews to the relevant parties for follow-up.

Beth Silverwood
Beth Silverwood

My daughter has a dog who keeps escaping from her new house. Do you have anyone that could come and check the fence and give her a quote for securing the yard. It is a rental so we are not looking at a new fence just stopping her dog (a service dog) from escaping.

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hello Beth, Yes we can definitely help your daughter. Please head over to our website external link  or call 1800 803 339. Your local Hubby will be able to attend and quote for you.

Olga
Olga

Hi, I wrote you are review of the work that was attempted by one of your guys. I have not seen it in your reviews. Does this mean that you only publish the positive reviews??

Hire A Hubby   DM

Hi Olga, We publish all reviews.

Laurence

Matthew W.
Matthew W.

The response from Lawrence is consistent with my observation.
Matthew

Get an answer from our members and Hire A Hubby representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Hire A Hubby is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023.