5Hobot Legee

Hobot Legee Questions & Answers

馃弳 2024 Award
Brand Manager for Hobot? Claim your listing.
JohnW
JohnW聽路聽Legee D8

When our D8 transitions from carpet to polished floorboards, it stops vacuuming and starts mopping as expected. However when it transitions from carpet to bathroom tiles, it continues to vacuum the tiles but does not start mopping them. How do I get it to mop the bathroom tiles?

T.Davis Penrith NSW
T.Davis Penrith NSW聽路聽Legee D8

I have had to reinstall my app again my legeeD8 voice prompt is not working for me to set it up again
It is fully charged but won鈥檛 turn on all
Can anyone please help

Spatariu R.
Spatariu R.聽路聽Legee D8

I have a D8 legee and I have a problem cant do nothing said please put eco compactor, but eco compactor is 卯nside clean. I try to reset factory but is the same problem.Can you help me .

Cynthia L.聽聽

Hi Spatariu, please take out the trash bin and make sure there is no abnormal obstacle or hair stuck and tangle on the hinge of the compressor flap. After, please install the trash bin back and switch on D8 while the cover is open, then please monitor if the compressor flap is operating or not. You may take a video clip of the above checking and email to "customerservice@robotmylife.com.au" and "service@hobot.com.tw". We will guide you to solve the condition. Thank you.

Graham R.聽路聽Legee D8

After firmware upgrade lulu no longer recognised. It won鈥檛 dock - undock can鈥檛 find home, does not clean pad, Lulu no longer appears in app.

Cynthia L.聽聽

Hi Graham, please record a video of "D8 facing to LuLu and press the Home button on D8" for the whole session. Please email to "customerservice@robotmylife.com.au" and "service@hobot.com.tw". We will guide you to solve the condition. Thank you.

Graham R.聽聽

Did that and got a reply, which was just a quote of the manual. Put D8 in front of Lulu and press the home button on Lulu. Nothing happens, and it was clear in the video. If I take it upstairs where we have the basic charging station, it docks first time every time. Change to the down stairs map which has Lulu as it charger, send D8 home using either the app or the D8 home button, D8 goes to Lulu tries to doc about 6 times then stops and says check the catapilla drive.

Gveng G.
Gveng G.聽聽

The same problem. Graham R. Did you fix it ?

Graham R.聽聽

Not yet, still waiting for a response. There seems to be a communication problem. I got a shipping label to return one item, but not sure if I鈥檓 returning Legee, Lulu or both.

Daniels S.
Daniels S.聽路聽Legee D8

Anyone had problem of water not draining to dirty watter tank after completing cleaning, water flows to the base instead of refilling into dirty water tank, adn at that time since it is not going to water tank it spills all over arround unit aswell

Cynthia L.聽聽

Use a clean cloth to wipe clean the instant drain sink and remove the dirt(please check on the manual pg.14), to remove the sediment if any.
On the other hand, please check if the water seal sleeve(gray color) which is on LuLu and contacting dirty water tank, is well installed.

Shane. P
Shane. P聽路聽Legee D8

The app is telling me to reset Legee and the app.
Cannot find where to reset Legee on the machine or the app.

Cynthia L.聽聽

When pop op this message, usually it's related to WIFI pairing.
"Reset LEGEE on the machine or the App": you shall re-boot up the device and app.
Meanwhile, please also power off and on your WIFI router so your D8 can find your WIFI signal.

Katrina聽路聽Legee D8

My D8 is only two months old and is saying it is stuck and to clean the sensors which I have done multiple times but still it says it is stuck. I have only used it three times !!! Can I get details of how I can return it for a full refund please. Very very disappointed.

Colin H.
Colin H.聽聽

In the app you have to tell it you have cleaned the sensors. [Content Removed] i know.
its under maintenance

Now it鈥檚 saying it 鈥 stuck 鈥???? How do I get it fixed please

Cynthia L.聽聽

When LEGEE reports it's stuck, there should be a message box pop op on the screen supplying detailed description. Please note the full message for correctly identification.
There are FDS sensors(on the bumper) and cliff sensors(on the robot's bottom). Please check the manual "Product Overview" to find the sensor positions. Follow the manual to clean them.

If you still frequently meet the issue, please contact the service line for further assistance and supports, or email to "customerservice@robotmylife.com.au" and "service@hobot.com.tw". We will guide you to solve the condition.

Katrina聽聽

I was requested to send machinevdeyails - no help provided yet - details provided yesterday - what phone number can I call to achieve a result ?

Sending emails takes three to four days between replies

Ryan K.
Ryan K.聽聽

Hi Katrina,
We have also been disappointed with our new Legee D8 with the same issue. To me, the answer is simple. Robot vacuum cleaners DO NOT work on darker surfaces. The sensors do not work because the light is not reflected back for navigation. This is not clearly and upfront brought to buyers attention before purchasing which is the issue. Hope this helps.

Katrina聽聽

Actually it just disappoints me more- packing it up and sending it back for a full refund. Should have stayed with a reputable known brand huh !

Andrew
Andrew聽路聽Legee D8

My Legee D8 won鈥檛 refill the water tank when returning to the base station, any ideas?

Cynthia L.聽聽

1) Please check if water overflows to the base instead of refilling into water tank.
2) If not 1), please check clear water tank from LuLu, to make sure there is water insider and check the pipe's connection insider of the water tank.
3) If none of the above, please contact local service for further support.

Andrew
Andrew聽路聽Legee D8

My Legee D8 won鈥檛 refill the water tank when returning to the base, any ideas?

Cynthia L.聽聽

Wipe clean the caterpillar belts to remove the oily stains, to make sure D8 park at LuLu correctly.

Tania Dossetter
Tania Dossetter聽路聽Legee

My LEGEE 7 for some reason had decided to only go backwards then stop and say it鈥檚 stuck !! Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cynthia L.聽聽

For LEGEE 7 moving backward abnormally, it's associate with mal-sensoring. Firstly, please check if the front bumper panel is well installed. Then, please wipe clean the 4 cliff sensors. Meanwhile, please check if there is any hairline obstable like spider web covers the LDS Lidar.

Desiree B.
Desiree B.聽路聽Legee D8

This is my second replacement. The manual and online does not supply all questions ask. My Legee D8 is asking me to clean the LIDAR sensor but gives no instructions. This is after using it for 3 days?

Cynthia L.聽聽

If D8 enters a dusty area, there is a chance for the LIDAR to be influenced. Error Code 46 shall pop op on the App. Please contact the service line for further assistance and supports.

Desiree B.
Desiree B.聽路聽Legee

How do I clean the LIDAR Sensor on Legee D8?

Eli l.
Eli l.聽路聽Legee

does legee d8 can clean carpets? if yes how to adjust becaise at the moment it does not

Cynthia L.聽聽

Hi Eli, would you please clarify your question? Can D8 climb onto your carpet? If not, please verify the color and the height of your carpet. You may also contact the service line for immediate assistance.

Andrea D.
Andrea D.聽路聽Legee

Hobot legee d8 wheel stuck

Cynthia L.聽聽

Please check if there is any abnormal obstacle stuck on the wheels.

Judy S.
Judy S.聽路聽Legee D8

I have D8 that won't connect to my wifi. I can connect through my hotspot though. Once i had connected I was told to access setting on my machine and look for system update as this will fix the problem. BUT where do I access the settings on the machine? Appreciate any help I can get please.

Bob Noble
Bob Noble聽聽

Hi Judy. All settings for the D8 are from the app. The three bars at the top right will give you access. I have had two updates sent to the app for my D8 which happens automatically, I don't do anything. When an update arrives the app will ask you too update. Then just sit back till it's done. Make sure the phone is close to Legee when doing it. Best I can suggest

Judy S.
Judy S.聽聽

Hi Bob, thank you for your response. I went to the maintenance and management part through the app, using the 3 bars and it tells me my firmware is up to date V1.3.10. Is this what you were referring to?
At this stage I'm thinking it has to go back. Not getting any answers from tech help either.

Cynthia L.聽聽

Please reset the WiFi router before retry. Make sure the wifi name and password is imput correctly.

Christopher V.
Christopher V.聽路聽Legee

Can the Hobot Legee D8 clean under a bed if the height tolerance allows it? Is there a height restriction other than the height of the robot?

Cynthia L.聽聽

The access height for D8 is approximately 11cm. You may designate the furniture area as curtain zone from the map settings to enable the robot to further explore and clean.

Rob S.
Rob S.聽路聽Legee D8

Just upgraded to the LuLu tower from the original base station. You can't open the D8 lid to empty the bust bin without removing it from the dock first. Is there another way to empty ?

Cynthia L.聽聽

Please press the arrow button on the LuLu tower, which would enable the user to call out/back D8 from LuLu.

Cate P.
Cate P.聽路聽Legee D8

The mopping function has stopped after doing a firmware update. We have reset to factory settings and have had to remap the house, but still the mopping function is not working. We can spray water, and we have also tried different talent cleans but still cannot get it to work.
This is very knew to us, have only used it 2-3 times.
Does someone have any suggestions?

Karl W
Karl W聽聽

Hi Cate, You're not alone - I bought a Legee D7 and am on replacement unit number 3 in 4 months (most of that time waiting for delivery of replacements...). The first two units the mopping worked well for a few weeks and then just stopped. This one won't mop from the start. I've been tossing up refund vs a swap to a D8 but if you're having the same problem then sounds like a refund is the way to go.

chris
chris聽聽

Have exactly the same problem. I had used it precisely 4 times and cleaned it after each use. Hopeless trying to get after sales service. Will take it up with consumer affairs.

H Jain
H Jain聽聽

This is exactly the same problem we had within 1 month of getting the unit and after a firmware update. They supposedly cleaned the unit and blamed it on the sensor reacting to too much dirt and turning itself off. It worked for 2 months and has again stopped mopping. A very disappointing experience.

Cynthia L.聽聽

Please check the brushroll and its hinges on both sides to see any obstable or hair is stuck. If you still meet the issue, please contact the service line for further assistance and supports, or email to "customerservice@robotmylife.com.au" and "service@hobot.com.tw". We will guide you to solve the condition.

Dezohn W.
Dezohn W.聽路聽Legee

My legge has lost it's ability to move forward or back. It appears confused, like it's suffering dementia. Is there a fix?

pia b.
pia b.聽聽

I need help with the same issue it just starts up but won鈥檛 move. Have attempted everything I know. Anyone else know what to do to fix this issue? My machine is only two months old so I am not happy that I am already experiencing issues as I was told by the sales person how great the product was over its competitors

Cynthia L.聽聽

LEGEE detects the surrounding by its Lidar and FDS sensors. If you find the abnormal movement, please follow the below steps to maintain the device: (more illustrations please check user manual)
1) Switch off LEGEE, clean the side brush and cliff sensors.
2) Check if the cleaning cloth is firmly attached to the device. Please change the cleaning cloth if it's too dirty.
3) Clean the bumper and FDS sensors.
4) Check if the LiDAR cover sensor is working properly by pushing the top of the LiDAR sensor cover, it should bunce back smoothly.

Tarun K.
Tarun K.聽路聽Legee 7

Legee7 not able to find charging station.

Select a listing for your question
Hobot Legee

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Hobot? Claim your listing.
ProductReview.com.au award logo

Hobot Legee is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more

Roborock Q7 Max
iRobot Roomba 600 Series
Eufy RoboVac 11S T2108
Ecovacs Deebot Neo
Roborock S8 Pro Ultra

漏聽 ProductReview.com.au Pty. Ltd. All Rights Reserved. General disclaimer: All third party trademarks, images and copyrights on this page are used for the purpose of comparative advertising, criticism or review. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. Further details in the disclaimer.