hipages Questions & Answers

4.1 from 6,825 reviews

75 questions from our users

william hall

william hallasked

What the electrician rates. I need to have 600watt air condition wired to the power As a aged pensioner i need to know what it would me. A rough estimate would do. thank you

Kristine M.hipages

Hi William,

We would love to help you get connected with a tradie that can help you with costs for your job.

Through simply posting a job with a few photos on our app or website, we can connect you to a trusted tradie https://hipages.com.au/find/electricians/get_quotes_simple

Alternatively, if you want to give us a call on 1300 217 968 we will be happy to help put you in touch with someone who can help.

Thanks,
Kristine

Jan O.

Jan O.asked

Hi, I need to change my personal contact details in my Hipages app/account- cant find where to do this in the app- I use it to find trade]ids etc.

Kate M.hipages

Hi Jan,
Our Customer Care Team will be more than happy to help with this. Please send us a message through your hipages app with the details that need to be updated, or alternatively give us a call on 1300 217 968.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kate

Jan O.

Jan O.asked

I need to change my contact / personal information on my Hipage app.
Name is spelled incorrectly any my email address has changed. ( I use the app to seek tradies etc.)

Kate M.hipages

Hi Jan,
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Kate

Petrina

Petrinaasked

Tradesperson to fix gas oven tweed heads area?

Emily

Emilyasked

Reaching out to see if anyone has had success cancelling their HiPages account? Cards are cancelled so they cant take anymore money but worried about the repercussions. Do they eventually stop calling you for payment? Do they send debt collectors? Reading a lot of reviews about this.

Deeziner
Deeziner

I had to cancel my cards too after 12 months of repeatedly requesting I want my membership terminated. Class action in order- total fraud for trades who signed up-

Scott
Scott

Haha they won't let you go. Love taking your money but don't dare try to leave

alycia
alycia

My partner was going to do this also does it work? Hes not locked in for 12 months when he didnt Sign anything missed the email but they send you 1000 a day and now is paying $100 a month

Do not have Facebook

Do not have Facebookasked

would like to get profile of prospective landscaper

Robert F.

Robert F.asked

How do you check the reviews of a prospective contractor.

B.D.  de K

B.D. de Kasked

We had a landscaper removing old lawn and replacing with a new lawn. We were to complete a report on the work, but have lost the e-mail. We are very pleased with the work and the landscaper’s attitude and presentation and would gladly like to report on it. The landscaper is Chris Wilson from “steam weeding”.

Peter

Peterasked

Do hi pages guarantee the work..eg laying vinyl planks?

Alex

Alexasked

Subject
job pricing and listing and wrong information supplied to trade person
Message
Management needs to review policy’s due to misunderstanding between us as a Trade person and your service, and pricing category and wrong pricing and information and rejecting to return our biding credited due to not feeling like or you had too much biding or we did you a favor till now and refusing to talk to the supervisor , and hearing different story every time from your young staff, Hipages become more money-grabbing and refusing to hear us, in fact, we are the one who is providing you with cash, we as a tradie becoming unhappy with your service

Donna H.hipages

Hi Alex
I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing some frustrations with our service. We'd love the opportunity to turn this around for you.
Our Customer Support team are happy to review any leads where the contact information is incorrect, as we don't expect you to pay for leads that are not genuine.
The team can also work with you to make sure you're set up in the right job categories and can help assess what a good ROI on your advertising with us might be.
I'd be grateful if you could please reply with your details (full name, business name and phone number) so we can look into what's happened.
Many thanks
Alex

Sam Hasked

does anyone know how to delete account? These guys are absolute scams. I had to cancel my card cause they kept taking the money out - not letting me off my subscription. Now they are being pests and asking for the money. I don't use the service anymore and haven't looked at a lead in over 6 months...any help or suggestions would be great

Robyn E
Robyn E

not sure Sam but from the time I quizzed them on how they vet their tradies they stopped the harassing messages. I never paid any tradies through hipages at all - paid directly so no money went through hipages. Sorry I can't help further.

colin70
colin70

Hi Sam.

Wish I could help. I can't stand these third party businesses. It should be illegal.
I never ever joined up because of the hate I have towards them.
One of their verified guys used me to do a $7.6 k asbestos removal job and never paid up. I looked on here when researching prior to job thinking, of course he will be legit, he's with HiPages!
But nope.
Their same verified guy has been all over Australia ripping off people of millions of tradies and home owners. And HiPages verify these guys!

Jill B

Jill Basked

I used a plumber from hipages and he was great. He left his card but I can't find it. Is there any way I can recontact him. I cannot recall his name. It was probably about two months ago

Bruce G.

Bruce G.asked

What firm is best value for property maintenance in Sorrento Victoria

enzo c.
enzo c.

Ask a China man
You idiot

Lawrence G.

Lawrence G.asked

i just signed up to hipages is all this true what iam reading

Faruk
Faruk

I am about to sign too. Sign up with the condition that it will not renew.

basak b.
basak b.

Did you guys signed up and actually get some quotes yet ? I was looking to sign up but what I read in here scared me away

Chez

Chezasked

How do I delete a job post please? Thank You

Sharlene W.

Sharlene W.asked

If I take a as a cleaner and charge $60 foes the client pay me on the day

Sam Hasked

Does anyone know how to get out of the Hipages contract? I am currently on the $299 monthly plan. I have had little return and they just keep taking my money. I have contacted them so many times & they always say 'someone will call you back'.

I am currently injured so can't work & cannot afford to be paying this fee anymore.

If anyone has had the same issues and been able to resolve it- please share

Thankyou

Joel ross

Buckle up and watch them pencil pushers try to take you for everything, there low lives and don’t actualy care about the customer. Best bet call your bank and cancel and payment they try to do

Block the payment*

Sam H

Hey Joel- great thanks for this feedback. Yes will b contacting the bank tomorrow and cancel payments.

Fair trading should be onto hipages. Absolute joke they get away with this

Steve O.

Steve O.asked

I have had two jobs completed. What is the normal invoicing procedure?

Luke Sullivan
Luke Sullivan

Invoicing customers has nothing to do with hi pages that’s between the customer and the contractor. Hi pages charges trades people a premium price just to get a chance to quote on a lead even though most of the time the leads are just time wasters. They should only charge on leads when a customer has actually accepted a quote from a trade sourced from HP.

Roland

Rolandasked

Why does Hipages not connect to internet today?

Rod T.

Rod T.asked

How can I cancel my Hi Pages subscription? I am worried it will automatically renew for another 12 months?! I have been trying to talk to someone at HiPages but they said they will be in touch!

Diane5252
Diane5252

After reading these reviews I came across your query, I would ring your bank and say your card is damaged, you will get a new card with a new expiry and then it shouldn't work for them to renew. Hope that works and also ring your bank and dispute the charge and try and ask them to block the transactions.

Stung Tradie
Stung Tradie

Good idea Diane, but I am not sure if it will work. Rod, I had the same problem and I posted it on this site a year or two ago. I tried for months to cancel my account but no one ever called back. Had to cancel my card as you can't stop a payment coming out of your OWN account. Good luck mate.

Shane E.
Shane E.

Yes ... RIPP OFF CUNTS!!

Get an answer from our members and hipages representatives

Other Trades Comparison Websites