Honda CB400

27 questions from our users

sajith a.

sajith a.asked

hello...
I would like to know the price of Honda CB400 hyper VTec Revo in U.A.E.?

Steve S.

Steve S.asked

HISS

DylansCB

DylansCBasked

CB400

I have a 1992 CB400 that has broken the sensor behind the crankcase cover and I have no idea what it’s called if anyone could point me in the right direction that’d be much appreciated.

How can i know if my honda cb400 is 1999 or 2000

JoKen
JoKen

Hi James,
Please look at the video link, watch the start bit, it show the location of VIN number, this will also have the make and year of the bike.

Normally they are on the chassis of the motorcycle, it could be in the front section of the frame (under the handle bar) or at the rear section (under the rear seat, frame). Hope it helps.

Cheers

gayya

gayyaasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC

Valve clearance range?

Noraini K

Noraini Kasked

CB400

can we install new cb400 meter ( 2014 above ) to 2013 below , due it have 3 connectors while old model have only 2?

CB400

During running in new Honda Revo CB400SF what is the recommendation speeds maintain until engine oil change first time the mileage. Thanks

George C

George Casked

CB400

Hi, later i will move to Australia and decide to buy a new bike for commuting, does anyone know are there any 2017 or 2018 version of cb400 in the market?

Tim
Tim

Due to its poor sales performance in Australian market, most dealerships are not importing CB400, if you are lucky you can find newer ones from 2014 or 15, or maybe look for parallel import.

Kasiasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

i have cb400 revo 2010 when i ride in traffic the tanks get too hot difficult to ride my other friends also says the same problem cb 400 revo,i think after radiator fan on the air flow getting to under tank.if any one knows this answer.

Jorin C

Jorin Casked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

Does anyone know the colour code for the blue 2018 cb400sf revo?

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

I bought non abs CB400SF Revo 2018 version if I want to install ABS is it able and what is the cost?

Kasi

u can't install . different frame and wirehanes.

James

Is there any other ways to install ABS other dan the frame works and harness to this model Honda CB400SF REVO 2018 version

Nam Hoang

Nam Hoangasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Spec III

I have an Honda cb400sf VTEC III and it have a problem. When starting the engine, idle speed at 1000 rpm, but when the engine hot, it's 1300 rpm, but too much smell of gasoline and when throttle down, it's down very slow. Seem like some sensor got problems or less air... Cant revving because of that. Any ideas or solution about this problems? Thank a lot!

oughtyasked

CB400

my cb400 has a problem with the starter. i recently changed the plugs and a mech mechanic and carbs but still i have to jump start the bike every morning or once the engine has cooled down completely. what a treat promising solutions that i should consider?

Sani Z
Sani Z

Hi, i also encounter this problem too now. Just change spark plug starter coil magnectic coil. Now i suspect thr spark plug header cable.

oughty

thanks but I did change the plugs twice but the issue still persisted. later a mechanic found that the valves had completely worn out, he's replacing them. hope it fully recovers

Saw Aung

Saw Aungasked

Hi
I bought a cb 400 sf version s from local dealer yesterday and changed coolant and engine oil, drove back to my home about 240 km took 5 hours, weather condition is raining and may be wet 3 hours, 2 hours are dry a little on the road. after riding 4.5 hours coolant fun starts running. In my opinion fun shouldn't need to start, I am worrying about engine performance, and coolant system because I think fun started early. I never have experience with cb400 sf before someone pls suggest me that is normal or something wrong?

oughty

the fan comes on automatically.. you are lucky mine is on direct, i run my bike with the fun on throught

Kazuma

Kazumaasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Spec III

Hi, i just bought honda s4 revo 2015. Where can i download the bike user manual in english?

Brutus
Brutus

The user manual should be under the seat, but if not a PDF version is available here http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owning_a_honda/owners_manuals/motorcycles/CB400B-2011.pdf

CT407

CT407asked

CB400

Any feedback on the early 90s models? Anything to be cautious of? I'm a little concerned that the kms on the bikes i'm looking at indicate only 1000 - 2000 km a year... How many km are the engines known for travelling without issue?

Kathy

Sorry I can't really comment on the earlier models. I guess it depends on how each bike has been looked after by the owner. I prefer to have a bike with abs - only available on later models. Good luck with your search.

SMA
SMA

CB400SF 1995 Project Big 1, 73K KM, doesn't miss a beat. but I live in Hong Kong not AU, so different driving and shorter distances, not much long distance highway drivings.

Anumax

Anumaxasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC

what is the production year?

Kathy

My CB400A is a 2012 model.

Ah Far

Ah Farasked

CB400

how many little contain in CB400 engine?

Kathy

Hi Ah Far the engine is 400 cc and the fuel tank holds 16 litres.

mine is 18litres

PoeticJusticeasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

What is the best method to lower the CB400? I'm 5.1" and would like to have my feet planted on my 2010 CB400.

Kathy

Hi Ya, I'm 5 foot 2 and lowered my 2012 CB 400A by first shaving some height off the seat. Local upholsterer only charged me $50. Seat is still really comfy. Still not low enough so I took bike to a local engineering firm (Caloundra Qld) who specializes in lowering dirt bikes etc. They removed the pre load adjusters and dropped it 30 mm thru the forks and shortened the side stand. I can fairly flat foot it in my chunky sole Johnny Reb boots. I have ridden on all sorts of roads, country bridges and even thru water at creek crossings no problem. Bike can be put back to original by refitting parts and a new side stand. Its been a great bike, 12000km last year never missed a beat. Hope that helps. Enjoy!

PoeticJustice

Thanks Kathy, Really appreciate the response. I too have chunky shoes and shaved the seat but still on my toes. What was the cost of removing the preload, and shortening the side stand? did it make much difference to the dynamics of the bike? do you notice it being bumpier?

isagani

Perhaps this technique could help: Motorcycle tips for short riders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAfvS2iJKoY

gin0234

gin0234asked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

What's the different between a VTEC Spec III and a VTEC Revo?

Kathy

Sorry can't really answer that for you as don't have a mechanical background. My guess is that earlier Vtec motor was refined in some way and renamed.

isagani

Main difference: The VTEC engages earlier on the REVO (i.e. the rest of the valves open at lower engine revolutions than on the Spec III). "2008:The CB400SF Hyper VTEC Revo introduced Honda's PGM-FI programmed fuel injection and an idle air control valve for improved fuel economy and reliability. Revised engine materials and an integrated crank-case cover reduced the engine weight by 2 kg. The VTEC operation was further refined such that in gears 1–5 four-valve operation engaged at 6,300 rpm for wide open throttle, otherwise at 6,750 rpm, and remaining at 6,750 rpm in 6th gear. Independent cylinder ignition timing map, revised air intake geometry and a larger stainless steel muffler contribute to fuel efficiency. Updated frame rigidity and engine mounting position improved handling." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CB400SF

Nick
Nick

Revo has Fuel Injection. Spec3 is carb'd.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives