Honda HRU216

Honda HRU216 Questions & Answers

HRU216M2, HRU216D, HRU216M1, etc... (See All)
Brand Manager for Honda Power Equipment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

33 questions from our users

Peter R
Peter Rasked
HRU216

I am looking at getting a HRU216 for my 2000mt lawn.
Do the swing back blades on the HRU216M3 work as well at mulching as the fixed twin blades on other models?
If Hru216 is a heavier mower is it prone to sinking down and leaving wheel marks?
Currently I have a HRR216 and like the variable speed how hard is the 3 speed HRU216 to deactivate and activate all the time
Thanks for any help
Peter

Charley S.
Charley S.

It's not that heavy that it will sink down. Doesn't leave wheel marks either. I have 1000 sq metres. Very good at mulching and picking up grass. Doesn't leave grass behind after mowing. Best thing I ever got.

Stewart
Stewartasked
Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

Hi I have the hr 216 and the break system keeps slipping which disengages blades can happen 3or4 times a mow , anyone know an easy fix .

Eskander I.
Eskander I.asked

What is the oil 4t or 2t

Ronald R.
Ronald R.asked
Geraldine D.asked
Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

How to turn off fuel at switch

Vicbarl.
Vicbarl.

At fuel tap

Geraldine D.

Thank you I did not know on from off! but I do now

Shane Boyd
Shane Boydasked

Is It belt Drive?

Brad
Bradasked
HRN216PKU

Why is the lowest mowing setting so high? The no. 1 setting is the equivalent to no. 4 on my old mower. My lawn looks like it still needs to be mowed?
Is there anything I can do?

Nigel F.
Nigel F.
A S.
A S.asked
Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

How many kg weight this machine

The Reviewer

Can you get someone to check their website for basics ?

Hakan S
Hakan Sasked
Buffalo Classic HRU216D

What is the difference between a honda Hru216 and Hru216D ?

The Reviewer

Can you get someone to check their website for basics ?

Ramon Sanders

Hru 216 su which is 3 speed self propelled 2006 model model before 216 d

Gav
Gavasked
HRN216PKU

I’ve just bought and have not cut lawn with it, got it started and theres no throttle adjustment, it just runs at Idle, or will the revs pick up when cutting?

Roslyn O'Meley
Roslyn O'Meleyasked
Buffalo Classic HRU216D

I have a mower (Honda buffalo classic HRU21D,I am wishing to purchase a catcher to fit my mower please

Matthew
Matthew

Any mower shop or you can just buy off eBay will be a little cheaper

Brooke
Brookeasked
HRU216

Hi, my hru 216 self propelled mowers blades don’t disengage. I have replaced cable and sprayed crc under the deck but it is still not disengaging.? Please help. Cheers Brooke

Brooke
Brookeasked

Blade not disengaging

Richard
Richardasked
HRU216

Hi my mower deck is not level how do I adjust it please?

Panda
Pandaasked
Buffalo Classic HRU216D

I’ve just purchased a 2nd hand Honda HRU 216D Buffalo Classic.
Read the reviews here.
Just wondering what type of fuel to use in it.
Someone said don’t use premium unleaded.
TIA.
Penny.

Mel
Mel

Hi Penny, Ive always used the 98 octane premium fuel. If you want to check just call a Honda mower shop, they will tell you what to use or any shop that sells Honda mowers

Kevin Oorschot
Kevin Oorschotasked

Gday,
love my HRU 216D mower its about 7 ish years old now has cut wet and dry grass without effort and never failed, I am having just now a fuel supply problem and have taken apart the carburetta, cleand it out and reassembled it.
So what is happening is it starts and runs for about 6 mayby 8 seconds and then cuts out not to start unless I drain the fuel and clear out (as it seems) excess fuel in the chamber. Can you advise if this is a float problem or something else.
I like to repair and understand these things my self and look forward to your reply.

Hany A.
Hany A.asked
HRU216

I bought it recently and worked with me for 3 hours and then the engine didn't work and I don't know how to start it again?

Dollar

Hi, I would go through your manual and look at the trouble shooting section. Also have you checked your fuel and fuel on/off switch

Vicki
Vickiasked
HRU216

Hi wanting to purchase one of these lawnmowers,honest answer in thick lawn over a leach drain

Dollar

HI Vicki, power wise no problem however I have had a few issues in long grass if it is damp. The rear shut tends to get blocked. I still think that it is the best value for money and reliability. cheers Greg

John N.asked
HRU216

How do i know which is the left side of the mower

Dollar

Hi John N. Not sure why you need to know which is the left side of the mower. My guess would be from standing at the handle looking down to the mower, only a guess though.
Cheers,

Lawns N All
Lawns N All

If you want to tilt the mower over for any reason make sure the oil entry point is on the side you are tilting to.
If the oil entry point is on the high side oil from the sump will pour through the engine. Not good.

copies
copiesasked
Buffalo Classic HRU216M3

Is the honda hru216m3 the same as the hru216m3tbuh ,are they made in the same place?

Dollar

Hi, sorry but I haven’t heard of the tbuh model. Maybe check on google or with the dealer. Cheers

Honda HRU216