Kmart Convection Heater with Timer

MPNs: 42834663 and DL01D-T

11 questions from our users

Amy M.

Amy M.asked

My heater ticks really loudly - does anyone else have that issue &/or know how to make it stop ticking?

Henry

The actual timer on mine makes little or no noise. A ticking or clicking noise could be any of; faulty timer, thermostat turning on / off (set it higher), something caught in the fan blades, out of balance or loose fan motor or blades or faulty heat switch. Always run heater uncovered and upright with feet attached.

Lola J.

Lola J.asked

The screws provided in the box are far too large to fit into the holes on the heater. Are not meant to screw in all the way, or will I have to buy some smaller screws?

Henry

The 4 screws for securing the feet to the bottom ends of the heater are screwed in all the way. As I recall they are about 1cm long by 2.5mm wide. They should be a tight fit to the appropriate holes.

Akankshya A.

Akankshya A.asked

Is it necessary to turn on the fan while the heater is on?

Henry

You can run the heater without the fan on but area may take a bit longer to warm up. Just remember not to block the vents and ensure the feet are fitted so it is off the ground and upright.

Kyah W.

Kyah W.asked

The screws won’t fit in the bottom where the legs go? Am I doing something wrong?

Henry

Hi, very important you operate this heater with the plastic feet fitted as it relies on air being drawn in from underneath. To fit the feet so power off and turn the heater upside down. The tiny cut out section, about 10mm long, on the foot faces inside. Now see where the power cord comes out there is a small hole to accept one screw about 20mm away, the other goes diagonally opposite. You only need two screws per foot. Now do the same for the other foot, just ignore other holes, as long as you have 2 screws per foot, one each side of the foot.

Kristy B.asked

Does anyone know if this heater is cool to touch as I have a toddler touching everything and want a heater that I don’t have to worry if he accidentally touches it.

Ken H

Yes, but not as if you were you touching an element. I wouldn't suggest putting it close to combustibles either. I could touch it and not take skin off if that's what you are looking for. It doesn't have radiant heat ie:- as in the name CONVECTION it gets hot and heats the air around it. Hope this helps.

Yes thank you

Henry

A small child pressing against it could topple it over, in which case its anti tilt switch will kick in and turn the heater off.

Karen A.

Karen A.asked

How does it turn on?.

Ken H

Power button on the remote.+ for temperature Sun for faster heat

Henry

This particular model, DL01D from Kmart, does not have a remote control. Connect to power, turn on power, push temperature switch then fan if required. also make sure timer is in OFF mode, and thermostat is at required temperature.

Dr.Neha P.

Dr.Neha P.asked

I bought it 2 months ago and it's not working .what's the warranty on replacement?

Ken H

12 months as far as I know. Mine has been good though packed away till next winter. Good Luck, just take it back.

Lynasked

I can't seem to work out how to turn the temperature up? It's set on 15C and I try to turn it up but it goes back to 15. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Kaylie S.

The dials on the side of the heater and the switches are what control the heat

Lyn

Thanks for your reply Kaylie. There are no dials on the side of the heater we have. There are small buttons on the front that can be pushed up & down with a small remote. I do that but it doesn't stay to the temp I put & goes back to 15.

Jenna R.
Jenna R.

Why does it turn off every minute

MRCR

MRCRasked

I can’t seem to get my heater to start???

Kaylie S.

You have to turn the dials on the side as well as the switches and the timer has a little "I" that you have to switch it to

Lenore D.

Lenore D.asked

What is the energy efficientcy

Mel

Melasked

Hi, the lights in the heating panel switch doesn’t turn on. Does it mean it’s broken and I need to return it?

Natalie M
Natalie M

I have the same problem, it doesn't seem to have power straight out of the box

Ashs
Ashs

The switch on the timer needs to be switched to the setting with the line

Mich W
Mich W

I have the same problem with the one I’ve just bought. did you manage to sort yours out?