Kogan Low Fat Air Fryer

KA3LAIRFRYA, KA5LMCAFRYA, KA3LFRYARXA, KAFRYARBLKA

12 questions from our users

Alfred Bartolo

Alfred Bartoloasked

I have a 10lt Kogan air fryer in March 2019. Have just tried to use it today for the first time and can’t get it to work. Have tried several times following the instructions but can’t get it going. Can someone get in touch with me to help?
You can get in touch on [email removed]

wafarmer
wafarmer

What is the model number Alfred?
Also they usually have a small micro switch that triggers and stops the unit when opened and this can sometimes be sticky and stop the unit from operating.
"Note" make all investigations of the unit while it is unplugged from the power.
Have you tried phoning or emailing Kogan they are usually very good to deal with.

polearymelb

No Kogan are extremely slow with this type of issue. I know from personal experience. Just got a new 12 LT Air Fryer from Kogan and the Rotisserie doesn’t work at all and they don’t have a contactable phone support line even though they advertise one. Another Kogan lie.

Vikki M.asked

I would like to know where I can get a replacement basket, as my handle has a crack and won’t stay attached to the bowl when removing from the fryer.
I’ve complained to Kogan..but their support is useless.

Yes worse than useless

Vikki M.

Found a solution, bought a new air fryer.
Kogan warranty is terrible.

Bel

Belasked

Hi, is it normal that the green heating light clicks on and off every 20 seconds ? Am asking, as this is my second air fryer and seems to be very slow to cook food. Wondering if the heating lights clicking on and off so often , means it’s not working properly.

Katie C.

Katie C.asked

Hi, Just received my Kogan rotary air fryer,, and the rotisserie is very sloppy and the insert just falls out during cooking. It also constantly flicks on and off. never owned one before is this how it is??

polearymelb

Yes my rotisserie doesn’t even work and that’s how it arrived in the box

Lynette

Lynetteasked

We just bought a Kogan 12L Rotary Air Fryer model KA12RTAIRFA. During operation the heating element turns on and off ... is it supposed to do this? It took forever to cook some chips.

polearymelb

Kogan just keep shipping faulty products and hope a few people can’t be bothered with the return/refund process

Lella

Lellaasked

Low Fat Air Fryer KA5LMCAFRYA

Kogan air fryer just delivered but I can't remove the bssket from the drawer, why is this?

Vicki W
Vicki W

I had the same problem, but just figured it out. To remove the basket,take the whole drawer out of the machine. Then press the push release button down (part no, 4 in manual), and the basket lifts out by lifting the handle upwards, with the handle still attached. Let me know if you have any problems. Regards, Vicki

Sue

Sueasked

Can I fry frozen crumbed fish, chicken etc with this?

mel
mel

Yes you can , i have cooked frozen fish in it , i cook it for an extra 5 minnutes to make the batter crispy

Scotty

Scottyasked

I've only had my fryer (Kitchen Couture) since Christmas but found the manual a bit misleading until I watched a few You Tubes. Am ecstatic about the way coconut prawns turned out. One problem: the fan sounds like a Sherman tank on an iron bridge. Should it really be this noisy?

Kevvo
Kevvo

Hi Scotty,

Ours isn't s noisy as your's sounds; I'd suggest that you make a warranty claim and they'll probably replace it. Agree that you cannot go by the manual for times etc. We are again having problems with the fryer not restarting after we open the drawer to check and turn etc. Next time I'd buy a better brand. (Even tho they all come out of China!!)

Kogan
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your question.

It shouldn't be that noisy. Only the removable parts and exterior can really be cleaned, but do ensure these are clean.

We would recommend you get in contact with our Support team so we can work through the issue. If it's at all possible to take a video or record the sound on your phone or something, that would let us best advise.

You can call us on 1300 304 292 or submit an online inquiry here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/complete_question/support/

polearymelb

You are a liar Ross X from Kogan. That support phone number is not monitored or answered ever

Jim

Jimasked

Have just bought a 13L 1100w Kogan. model KAMLTIAIRFRA. In the quick start guide it talks about the menu button and 6 pre-programmed buttons Where is it?

Kogan
Ross x.Kogan

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your question and for your recent purchase!

The menu button and the pre-programmed cooking buttons for the Multi-Function Air Fryer (KAMLTIAIRFRA) are on the digital control panel on the top of the handle.

If you have any further questions regarding the function of your product, you can contact our Support team on 1300 304 292 or submit an inquiry online: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/question/new/complete_question/support/

Kaz

I am glad to see Kogan has a model very similar to mine for such a lower price
Anyway I can see the question has been answered but here is the link for the user manual
We rarely change our temp, we always have it set for about 200 for just about everything

JennyFasked

How much and where did you purchase this appliance? Thanks Jenny

Hooarr
Hooarr

Hi I bought mine from a friend ,it was a unwanted gift ( brand new in box ) I belive it was bought from the Kogan website

Kaz

Not sure if you are asking about the Kogan Air Fryer or the one I replaced it with
I bought the Kogan at Kogan.com.au It is listed for $135, I think I paid around that amount
The one I replaced it with is the Fryair which was expensive . I got it at Costco for about $350 and I notice it is $349.95 on the website
I just saw one on TV called Air Roaster (http://taste-the-difference.com.au) that looks very similar to my Fryair but square and has the same attachments but I cant tell what the price is- probably the same as mine. What I love about mine is the size is so big, its got a higher temperature than Kogan and it is so so easy to clean
By the way my sister is still using her Kogan because she would never pay 300 odd dollars for an air fryer
Hope this helps

JennyF

That's a great help thanks

Cheryl Edwards

Cheryl Edwardsasked

Has anyone used the larger 3.5L 2000w Kogan Air Fryer? Is it as good as the smaller version I've read so much about.

Denefue
Denefue

I have the 1500w air fryer so can't help with info on the bigger one sorry. I would imagine it would be a great advantage for cooking larger quantities so great for a family. I only cook for one and on occasions two in my air fryer and it impresses me every time I use it.

suziemejzini
suziemejzini

yeah I just got the 3.5L one and its crap. Sure it browns the food but it takes 3 - 4 times longer than the Phillips. I just cooked 400g frozen fries and 10 fish fingers in there and it took 40 minutes as opposed to the 12 minutes it states on the user manual. I will be returning this and forking out the extra money for the Phillips one. You get what you pay for people. Not to mention them happily taking my money for this in January and not shipping till mid April!

Sandie
Sandie

Sorry, I have the small Kogan air fryer too & l love it to bits. My neighbour borrows it twice a week & I have to ask for it back. l would love a baking basket for it, I use a Pyrex dish for curries etc, whilst I seek out a suitable cake tin to attach a wire handle to.
l am reading these reviews with a view to purchasing the 3.5L (then my neighbour will be ecstatic to keep the smaller one), however I am a bit concerned by so many average reviews on the 3.5L which are at total odds to my lovely unit.
l cook for 1-2 people however if I wanted to do Fish & Chips for 2 it is too small. Curries, Steaks, Roast Pumpkin, Eggplant & Zuccini, reheating Pies & Pasties, Wedges, Cod by ([name removed]) in Foil/Plastic Pouches, Crumbed Fish - Everything so far a yummy success!
Put the food in, turn it on, all my cooking has been at 140-200°, set for 8-25mins. Average for my meals is 160° for 20mins with no preheating.
Wish it came with a cookbook. I have learnt everything from watching TVSN Phillips.
All this writing has got me enthused to go right now & give a Fritatta then some Brownies a go.
I will speak to Kogan before ordering a 3.5L as I want a 100% guarantee it will be as great as the 1500W.

Helen

Helenasked

Hi I'm looking at buying a Kogan Air Fryer and wanted to compare it to other products on the market. Has anyone used or know of anyone that has used the Kogan Air Fryer and what they thought of it?

mrspeanut
mrspeanut

Hi Helen, I have had one of these delivered this week. Have so far made my own chips and also cooked frozen fish and sweet potato fries in it. I think for the price it is great and can see it getting used pretty frequently.

PetaP
PetaP

Hi Helen, I've had mine since September 2014. It's fabulous. We use it daily. I'm cooking for a family of 3 and for weekly meals it's a Godsend. Of course I have the small one but its soooo quick that I can cook several batches in no time at all. I highly recommend it.

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives