LG French Door GF-B Series

LG French Door GF-B Series Questions & Answers

GF-B590 Series (Slim Width), GF-B730PL (Stainless Finish)

11 questions from our users

Karen

Karenasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

Looking at buying this LG fridge, can I ask how does everyone feel about the fridge now, how does everyone feel about the fridge now, has your opinion change from your original reveiw, thank you in advance.

AnnaJ

AnnaJasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

While this fridge states from LG that it is designed for 85cm width fridge space (which is my fridge space,), the fridge is 83.5cm and I'm concerned it won't be enough room for ventilation either side, as everywhere i read ( including CHOICE) have recommended 5cm clearance either side, could LG representative explain before i purchase please? i don't want the fridge to eventially breakdown from overheating. I have sufficient depth space and unlimited ceiling space as i don't have overhead cupboards. Thank you. AJ

William Lloydasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

I purchased a GF-B590MBL fridge from Harvey Norman, Midland WA. In November 2020. The problem is the plastic overlay on certain parts of the top doors is starting to peel off, my question is, is this a protector for certain areas of the doors and, can this be removed, already the it's starting to unsightly.
Regards,
William Lloyd.

Anil
Anil

Hi William,
I have the same fridge and was having same concern on plastic overlay.
It's alright that plastic overlay is getting peeled off. I removed all plastic overlay by myself to see real beauty, haha.
so nothing to worry here, it's just kind of coating, to protect from accidental scratches.

Anil Jeeyani

Anil,
Sorry I'm late getting back to you, but thanks. You would think that the manufacturer or the sales people would point this out and, let you know it's only a superficial protective cover and can be removed, which I haven't done yet.
Cheers,
William Lloyd.

andy

andyasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

What s the height of the fridge with hinge attached ?

Kevin Hu

Kevin Huasked

Is it frost free?

Yep

Lyn

Lynasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

Can someone please tell me the dimensions of the freezer drawers?

Lia

Liaasked

What is the width

Johanna P.
Johanna P.

835 mm.... It is slim but very spacious

Hello123
Hello123

It is 835mm wide and is designed to fit alcoves as narrow as 850mm in width to allow for doors to open and ventilation around it.

Satya S.

Satya S.asked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

I am concerned about the various reviews that keep mentioning the noise the fridge makes. Can people confirm if it’s that bad?

Lynette G.

Never know ours is running, or Not

Gary

Garyasked

594L French Door GF-B590PL (Stainless)

Are the external surfaces of "Stainless Finish" fridges as durable as "proper" stainless steel or regular white painted external surfaces?

Shezz
Shezz

They seem to be so... and do not show finger prints

PurplePoss

PurplePossasked

594L French Door GF-B590 Series (Slim Width)

Fridge size too small for medium family of 3 or ok?

Percy

I'd say it would be perfect for a medium family of 3 or 4 with room for special occasions, like Christmas or when guests are visiting. Only thing is a lack of upright bottle space. The two bottom door shelves can take a few bottles but if you have more, they have to lie down and they tend to roll about on the glass shelving. You can't adjust the height of the shelves but the top one is just right for standing 330ml bottles of beer. Hope this helps. If you can find a stockist who has one in stock, I'd recommend taking a look before ordering. Take some bottles and things with you to test out the space.

JC T.asked

594L French Door GF-B590PL (Stainless)

Some reviewers have said that contrary to the feature of the linear compressor, this is a "very noisy fridge, not suitable for open-plan living". Is there a technical specification on the noise level available anywhere?

Percy

Not sure about other reviewers but our LG GF B590MBL fridge is so quiet we often open it just to check it's actually working. We have a small house and hear every little squeak and creak but nothing from our fridge. Of all the wonderful features, the quiet operation is one of our favourites. Maybe you could check which model the other reviewers were referring to?

JC T.

Thanks for all replies. Have taken delivery of fridge and found that it is quite quiet.

Get an answer from our members and LG representatives

LG French Door GF-B Series