Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1

Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1 Questions & Answers

MPN: 578762
Brand Manager for Masport? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

13 questions from our users

Dwayne H.
Dwayne H.asked

Hi I have a 486 3in1 and was wondering if you could tell me the cut height of each notch on the adjustment mechanism? Cheers

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

What did Masport say?

Geoff L.asked

where can I buy a mulcher attachment?

Cvt
Cvt

Mine was in the box. You might find it already fitted. Once you open up the rear part it’s a semi circle looking piece that wraps around the blades-just makes the cuttings get cut several times by the blades- I find it keeps the dust down too

Geoff L.asked

can I purchase a mulcher for this mower

Farmer T
Farmer T

There is a mulcher attachment that comes with the mower.

Did not get a mulcher

Geoff L.

too long ago now, can Ibuy one?

Peter P.
Peter P.asked

Why was the Honda HRX217VKA Mower discontinued?

kelly
kelly

These were on clearance cos got new stock same mower but new mower has some lever missing or something like that.

Fired Up
Fired Up

Unrelated to masport

Dylan.C
Dylan.Casked

is the bolt to remove the blade reverse thread?

WayneMichelle
WayneMichelle

No it's not

Gusasked

Is the bolt holding the blade on reverse thread?

Tony C.
Tony C.

Do you mean the single Bolt that secures the Blade Holder to the Crankshaft or the Bolt that holds the actual Blade to the Blade Holder ?.

Gus

The bolt that holds the blade to the blade holder.

Elliott
Elliottasked

My 486 mower generates a lot of smoke when it is started then the smoke disappear,also
I can!t start it again right away once it stopped,after about 4 hours it start,
What is wrong with it?

Thomas W.
Thomas W.

Too much oil?

Troy1977
Troy1977asked

Hi all, im looking at getting the masport with the 550ex motor (140cc) and wondering what the power of these are like for a large lawn in 19" range at the moment my old 375 Briggs engine is chugging away easy with it im just after a larger mower. Any help will be great thanks

NzIrene
NzIreneasked

I just brought this mower and it is not coping cuting the grass at full speed it labours and wants to cut out, any help?

de rocky
de rocky

Hi how high is the grass
If it's wet as well the mower will struggle
To cut a lawn that is high or wet don't use a catcher put it at the highest cut check the Shute regular for blockages
Turn mower off when clearing the Shute never put your hands in the rear Shute

Danny

I threw mine in the rubbish bin after less than 6 months, sell it and buy not a masport is my opinion. Sorry.

Danny

Take it back and get a refund,

geeasked

I just bought a masport 486 3n1.
Haven't used it yet, have I made the right choice?

glen
glen

Hi the mower itself is good but the plastic catcher is ordinary and you have to completly stop the mower before removing it otherwise the blades cut into it.also small bits of grass blow out if it and the clips dont hold that well so it splits in half sometimes.if you do decide to keep it i would sikaflex it together.

gee

Can u recommend a different one. Even if i have to spend a bit more?

Which clips

Max
Maxasked

How can I put the tank for masport 486?

Kerri S
Kerri S

I am sorry. Your question does not make sense. Where do you want to put the tank?

Mick
Mickasked

In regards to the Masport 486 3 in 1. What blades do you use to replace old worn ones? Is there a part number or do you just buy Masport 19in blades?

ScottRock
ScottRock

My mower is new and the blades don't need replacing yet and I haven't needed to buy new blades. Sorry I can't be of help.

sandy blonde
sandy blondeasked

I have a quantum xts 60 mower, my husband has passed away and can't find the booklet what I need to know is it a 2 stroke or 4 stroke need to put oil in and man at bunnings tells me if I put wrong oil in can cause problems. Can someone please help a befuddled widow.

Sth
Sth

It's. 4 stroke. Yes need correct oil. Filler is on top of engine. Drain plug is underneath mower

Other Petrol Lawn Mowers