Maytronics Dolphin X40 Plus

Maytronics Dolphin X40 Plus Questions & Answers

Nick
Nick · Dolphin X40 Plus

hi. my x40 plus isn't catching fine dirt on the inner filter anymore. It was when I first purchased it a few months ago. It aways had fine dust in it. I always wash filters out after each use but the inner fine filter is now always clean. Thanks Nick Toowoomba

Daryl
Daryl

The inner filter is more for coarse debris and the corrugated filter is for the finer dirt/dust/particulate. Having said that, I had algae at the start of the season that was clogging the inner filter and causing all sorts of grief, but that's a whole different story.

If you are concerned that you're not catching as much dirt/dust as normal, check your lid is clicking down fully, and make sure nothing can get around the top or bottom of the filter basket. Also, rinse out the inside of the robot and make sure the rubber flap at the back (opposite end to the motors) is in place and sits flat.

acepools
acepools · Dolphin X40 Plus

I have a lap pool that is 17m long and the power point is at the end of the pool. Will the X40+ be able to handle this type of pool with minimal problems?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Acepools, Thank you for your enquiry regarding the Dolphin X40+. The Dolphin X40+ is suitable for pool lengths of upto 12m.

Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2, we can gather more information on your specific pool type and run through other alternative options.

Craig M.
Craig M. · Dolphin X40 Plus

I have a Maytronics/Dolphin X40+… the blue cable is decomposing?… it is breaking down and dropping blue grainy/powdery residue throughout the pool.
The decay seems only to be where in contact with the water? The pool water chemistry is, and always has been, spot on - please advise

Maytronics   DM

Hi Craig, Thank you for reaching out in regards to your Dolphin X40+. Please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2. Please have your serial number available when calling and we can assist you in locating your nearest robotic repair center for assessment.

Shaun H.
Shaun H. · Dolphin X40 Plus

I need a moror for dolphine x 40 pluse where can i get one and how much pleasse

Maytronics   DM

Good morning Shaun, thank you for your enquiry. Please kindly advise of your postcode/location and we can put you in contact with your nearest robotic repair center.

If you require any further assistance, please contact our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 and one of our team member will be able to assist.

janette
janette · Dolphin X40 Plus

We have Dolphin X40 Plus recently stops after a few minutes. Checked that no blockages in impella or basket. We were wondering could it be the settings on the power box.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Janette. Thank you for reaching out. If the Dolphin continues to stop and there are no obstructions that are able to be located, assessment is recommended to determine the cause. Please visit us external link  to locate the closest service agent to your location.

Same here. It is shocking. A waste of money

mtschroeder.aus
mtschroeder.aus

same here. Just over two years old...

Marcus S.
Marcus S. · Dolphin X40 Plus

The biggest complaint seems to be the cable getting twisted. In one case it’s reported that Maytronics replaced it with a swivel cable.
Has Maytronics considered making the product with a swivel cable as standard, like your competitor Zodiac?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Marcus. Thank you for reaching out. As standard. the Dolphin X40 Plus does not have the swivel cable on its 18 metre cable. Cables without swivels are very functional and like all cables, do require certain maintenance to keep them in optimum condition. The cable for the Dolphin X40 Plus is due to remain as is however can be upgraded, post purchase, if desired.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further information.

Chris
Chris

I had my cable replaced under warranty by Maytronics in the end with a swivel cable. Not had any dramas since

Robert · Dolphin X40 Plus

I Purchased a X40 Plus and it was Faulty and didn’t Run I was given another Unit and it’s been fantastic for 18 Months and then started to be in consistent and miss some areas of the Pool Then it Stopped Working altogether I used the Helpful Diagnosis in the Website and checked several things
And it was just shutting down almost instantly. I removed some covers etc to gain access to the Motor Box to find that the Rubber Seal had dislodged from its housing during assembly at the Factory allowing water to enter into the Motors and Circuit Board.

Maytronics   DM

Hello Robert. Thank you for reaching out. If your Dolphin is still within its 24 month warranty period, Maytronics recommends assessment of the unit by the closest branch or service agent. The team will perform a full diagnostic assessment of the Dolphin and also of the motor and its seals.

Please visit us external link  to locate your closest agent.

Robert

Thanks I've dropped it off to Adkins Hardware in Broken Hill and they're going to send it off.
They were nice enough to loan Me theirs till I get Mine back.It appears that My unit was leaking
from new and just kept on going till it rusted out

Maytronics   DM

Hello Robert, Thank you for the update. We are glad to hear that the team at Adkins Hardware were able to assist and lend you a Dolphin in the interim. Once our branch receives your Dolphin, it will go through a thorough diagnostic analysis with our team.

Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Neal B.
Neal B. · Dolphin X40 Plus

Will the dolphin x40 plus vacuum individual steps, it climbs the walls to the waterline but has never climbed onto the steps and vacuumed them.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Neal. Thank you for reaching out. Climbing steps and ledges as areas that require cleaning is not part of the mapping process that each robot undertakes in order to clean any pool. As robotic pool cleaners have a footprint of approximately 400mm, it is not guaranteed that robots will be able to climb steps and ledges due to the variance in size, shape, depth and shape of steps between pools.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Alexandre
Alexandre · Dolphin X40 Plus

The top cover would not open on X40 robot ( new, just purchased). Pulling the yellow tab seems to able to dislodge one side of this yellow tab. Cover does not move. Any secret button?

Maytronics   DM

Hello Alexandre. As the Dolphin is new, the lid latch may still be quite firm from manufacture. Should it be difficult to shift in order to open the lid, it is recommended to have the agent of purchase take a look to ensure it is sitting correctly. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Arun Bhalla
Arun Bhalla · Dolphin X40 Plus

What is the use of rubber flap next to the roller

Shane H.
Shane H.

They clean the walls

Maytronics   DM

Hello Arun. The Dolphin X40 is fitted with two brushes; one on the front of the Dolphin and one on the back. These brushes are versatile and able to be used on a variety of surfaces. They are designed to clean the pool's surfaces. The brushes sit between the tracks, of which are found on either side of the Dolphin. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 130 693 657 option 2 for further assistance.

Ben
Ben · Dolphin X40 Plus

Hi,
I have had the X 40 for some time now and it has stopped climbing the walls & tips over on itself. It has done this once before and we sent back as it was then under warranty & it came back working again. It is now not cleaning the best & tipping over all the time. It is set to the correct settings to climb & it is not.
cheers
Ben

Maytronics   DM

Hi Ben - thank you for reaching out regarding your X40 Robotic Pool cleaner. There may be a few reasons for this happening which may include water chemistry, filters etc. If you can call our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 Option 2 and one of our team members will be able to assist you further.

The worst $ money I have ever spent

JMY
JMY · Dolphin X40 Plus

Hi which is the better robotic pool cleaner to buy the Dolphin X40 of the M500?

Maytronics   DM

Hi JMY. These Dolphin X40+ and the Dolphin M500 are both excellent cleaners. They are both smartphone enabled and come with a caddy. These models, however, have differing drive systems; the Dolphin X40+ is a single drive (single motor) model and the Dolphin M500 is a dual drive (dual motor) model. As the robots have differing drive systems, they will clean the pool's floor, walls and waterline however, will function and maneuver differently. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for further information.

Troy
Troy · Dolphin X40 Plus

Hi, just curious... I bought an x40 today and presumed they had a swivel cord like every other robot in that price bracket... Why has this not been put in as a standard option if you already have it on other models?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Troy. As the Dolphin X40+ has a built in gyroscope, it negates the need for a swivel. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team for any further information.

has the tangling of cord issue been rectified in these machines yet

Maytronics   DM

Hi Christopher. We understand that a response has been provided regarding the cable for the Dolphin X40+ whereby it was advised that cable maintenance is key in ensuring that the robot functions at its best and that it gets the most out of the cable. For further information regarding cables and robot models, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

Hoo
Hoo

That sounds like a 'no'. Next!

Christopher Orrock · Dolphin X40 Plus

Just wondering if the tangling cord issue has been fixed in this model that everyone speaks about

Maytronics   DM

Hi Christopher. Cable maintenance is key in ensuring that the robot functions at its best and that it gets the most out of the cable. For further information regarding cables and robot models, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

has the tangling of cord issue been rectified in these machines yet

David

Its not been completely resolved in the one I have owned for about 2.5 years. I also recently had the machine stop working recently and had to get a $400 repair - now that it is out of warranty. With the benefit of hindsight I have found that there are too many issues with the X40 Plus I bought that I would not buy another one. I am comparing the ownership experience to a Polaris 3900 Sport which I owned for about 8 years.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Christopher. The cables of which do not have swivels are just as functional as those that do have the swivel feature. Cable maintenance is a key step in ensuring to get the most out of the cable. For further information regarding cables and robot models, please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2.

David

Christopher please note that Maytronics in all of its replies about the cable tangling issue keeps referring to the need for "cable maintenance" to stop kinks but as others have suggested this does not resolve the issue. It is an inherent design fault in the product that you won't necessarily get with other cleaners(I never had an issue with tangling with the Polaris 3900 Sport in 10 years). It would be refreshing for them as a company to accept responsibility and admit that it is a design fault, find a solution, and then contact owners to issue a new replacement cable which stops this problem moving forwards.

Bsant
Bsant · Dolphin X40 Plus

Hi Maytronics. Hearing 3 different specs in regards to the ultra fine filter micron size.
Pool shop mentioned 3 micron and I've been told 30 micron and 50 micron from sales and support.
My main issue is my cartridge filter circulating fine dust in my pool and the big selling point for me is whether it will remove what my cartridge cannot. 3 micron is great but 30 or 50 would be no better.
What is the micron size of the ultra fine filter?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Bsant. The spring net filter kit, of which is ideal for larger debris, has a micron size of 70 and the ultra-fine filter kit, if which is recommended for finer debris, has a micron size of 50. The filters in the Dolphin range are all of the same micron size.

Pat K.
Pat K. · Dolphin X40 Plus

Help please. My x40 Dolphin simply recirculates the fine dust on the bottom of my pool instead of removing it. Am I doing something wrong. Thanks Trish

Maytronics   DM

Hi Trish. If the finer dust is not being captured within the filter basket, ensure that the ultra-fine filter cartridges are fitted to the basket, The filters may also be blocked or dirty. Whilst they are able to be rinsed under a tap, they are also able to be soaked in either cartridge cleaner (of which is available from the pool shop) or in a mix of warm water and a mild dishwashing detergent. Soaking the filters allows for any in-grained debris to be removed. A full water test is also recommended to ensure that that pool's water chemistry levels are attended to. Please feel free to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for future information.

Jason
Jason · Dolphin X40 Plus

Hi all I’ve just bort the vx 40 plus dolphin..... while good at the fine stuff it misses areas ... my pool is 8x4m which is the recommended size..... it’s a jellybean shape with pebble sides and floor.... the lady in the shop said it would be fine , but when I asked a diff lady she said because of the course on the bottom going up the sides it may not be the best as may not work.... at $2k a curved bottom shouldn’t be a issue... thoughts?

Maytronics   DM

Hi Jason. The Dolphin X40+ is suitable for a variety of pool surfaces and shapes, inclusive of kidney shaped and curved bottomed pools, and is able to comfortably clean pools up to approximately 12 metres in length. If the robot is missing parts of the pool. It is recommended to ensure that the robot enough slack in the cable to reach the furthest point of the pool and to also try starting the cycle at a different location, such as the middle, as the Dolphin’s scanning pattern will take it in a different path every time. If the filter cartridges have not yet been cleaned, they may be dirty or clogged and if so, it may affect the robot’s ability to climb and/or manoeuvre. A full water test and the pool balanced, where required is recommended to ensure that the water chemistry is balanced and following this, a manual brush down of the surfaces to ensure any slipperiness has been attended to. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Jason
Jason · Dolphin X40 Plus

Maytronics   DM

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives

Select a listing for your question
Maytronics Dolphin X40 Plus