Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 (2015-2021) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 2020 and Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 2022. GLC 250, GLC 250 d, GLC 43, etc...

8 questions from our users

ronn64

ronn64asked

GLC-Class X253 (2015-2021)

Just recently purchased glc250 2019 but glc43 radiator grille look nicer than mine. Can i change my glc250 radiator grille with glc43 , does it need modification and will it revoked my glc250 warranty?

Miklysha
Miklysha

In my understanding these grilles are not interchangeable, at least that's what my dealer told me. But you can get one from a secondary market, although it won't be a native MB product, it will look identical. I thought of changing it on my C43 (to panamericana style) but for the aforementioned reasons decided that it's too much risk, as after all you are messing with a car and it's not guaranteed that everything will work as expected as the part is not from MB.

I was going to order my new grille from “CHROMETEC. GmbH” - a German company. You can search for them online. They have a good support team who can tell you which grille to order.

Emma

Emmaasked

GLC-Class X253 (2015-2021)

Does anyone have any issues with car rolling back? When I’m on a hill in drive and come to a full stop without doing the foot brake.. the car rolls back.. my car is 2019gcl 200..

Ian Lasked

GLC-Class X253 (2015-2021)

I am in the process of purchasing a MY2017 X253 GLC 250. I am wondering why so many complain about front wheel skipping on turning when the owner of the vehicle I am purchasing complained strenuously to MB and had this problem fixed under warranty. Surely such a reputable company would have rolled this fix out to all cars exhibiting the problem?
Ian L, Canberra

Ian
Ian

On my 4 matic model, once the tyres were changed the problem went aware.

Sheik
Sheik

Mercedes Benz does not acknowledge that . So no fix under warranty . Problem becomes bigger in winter for some reason but it is not a huge issue really . This is a fantastic car . I got amg suspension it is very bad quality .when you turn car moves side to side few times .

Ian L

Mine has air suspension and I look forward to trying it out when COVID restrictions ease and I can take delivery.

Matt A.

Matt A.asked

GLC-Class X253 GLC 250 d (2015-2021)

I bought an glc250d 2017
Second hand model with 41000ks
I noticed in sports + mode it tends to jolt / jerk when accelerating!
Anyone else have this problem? is it normal?

GLC-Class X253 GLC 250 (2015-2021)

thanks Don so so taking of in 2nd from a stop sign is all normal.

GLC-Class X253 GLC 250 (2015-2021)

so depending on how i drive this car.It picks up the driving pattern and selects the most appropiate take of gear. can someone please explain or confirm thanks

Don51

Yes, it also had paddles so you can drive it has a manual

what is the normal take off gear at lights 1st or 2nd

Don51

Depends how hard you want to take off, under light acceleration 2nd. Gun it and 1st

how is the tyer wear on the 20inch amg wheel

Don51

It does It have excess tyre wear.

Helix
Helix

I have 21inch and after 8000km needed new front tyres. It will be similar with 20inch, perhaps a little bit less wear, but still unacceptable.

Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class X253 (2015-2021)

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs