Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series Questions & Answers

SRK20ZSXA-W (2.0 kW), SRK25ZSXA-W (2.5 kW), SRK35ZSXA-W (3.5 kW), etc...
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

10 questions from our users

Julianasked
Avanti PLUS SRK20ZSXA-W (2.0 kW)

Hi, do you know what type of anti-corrosion coating the external coils have? I.e. Blue fin, gold fin etc

Clarence D.
Clarence D.

I checked my unit. Cannot see signs of Blue fin coating. Also I did a Google search but no info on coating.

Julian

Thank you, Clarence, I appreciate it!

Tibor
Tiborasked
Avanti PLUS SRK25ZSXA-W (2.5 kW)

Do any of your distributors in Qld have any stock?

Alain
Alainasked
Avanti PLUS Series

How to turn off motion sensors so the unit continues to run without anyone in the room? (SRK50ZSXA-W)

Hi Alain,

You can refer to page 12, 25 and 30 of the user manual to learn more about the motion sensor and the 'eco operation' including how to turn it off. I've listed below the link to download the manual.

Hope this helps however if you have any other questions, you can contact us on 1300 138 007.

Lizz
Lizzasked
Avanti PLUS Series

I plan to install air- con to two adjacent small bedrooms. Should I get 2 x Avanti (2kw) or one multi-split 4kw (SCM-ZS) ? I am comparing them in terms of operation efficiency, economy and cost of installation. Please advise. Thanks

russell hiscock
russell hiscock

I would think that 2 smaller will be much cheaper. When I looked the multi was $$$.
Not sure about efficiency but I'd suspect the same answer.
Unless it is a really difficult installation

Hi Lizz,

Given every installation is different and there are a number of factors to consider including room size, insulation type, window size and location, etc. we recommend speaking to a local installer who can recommend the best solution for your space.

You can find your local dealer on the page below or if you click 'Request a Quote' and leave some details, we'll get an authorised installers to get in touch to discuss further with you.

Fiona H.
Fiona H.asked
Avanti PLUS Series

How much better is the plus series to the normal heavy industries air con?

Adam
Adam

Fiona,
I can’t honestly say. I have only owned the Avanti Plus. I purchased them (2kwh x4) because of the energy rating (7 star). My sons ran theirs (bedrooms) extensively last summer, sometimes up to 12 hours per day and at >10 degrees below ambient. I was impressed with how small the impact was on my power bill (<10%) and how quiet the inside unit is.

I would certainly endorse the products I purchased (SRK20zsxa-w)

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your question!

The Avanti PLUS is considered our 'Platinum Series' split system as it includes some additional features and functions such as an energy saving motion sensor and improved temperature control. It is also our most energy efficient series and boasts slightly quieter operation levels compared to the Avanti series.

Hope this helps but if you need anymore information, don't hesitate to let us know.

Ali
Aliasked
Avanti PLUS Series

Hi the lowest temperature for heating is 18 degrees (2.5kw model) but this is much too warm to run it through the night in winter. Most other machines you can set heating at 15 degrees. Is there a way to change the internal thermostat to be lower?

Hi Ali,

You may wish to try setting the unit to the lowest possible fan setting and running some tests to see if this keeps the room at an optimal temperature. If not, you can contact us on 1300 138 007 for some more troubleshooting.

Steve T.
Steve T.asked
Avanti PLUS Series

Should I get an Avanti or Avanti Plus?

Hi Steve,

The Avanti and Avanti PLUS split systems both come in similar sizes (2.0kW - 6.0kW) however the Avanti PLUS is our premium series and comes with additional features and functions including improved components (making it much more energy efficient and allowing the 2.0kW model to achieve an industry leading 7 star energy rating) precise temperature control and an energy serving motion sensor. Our Bronte series is our larger series (6.3kW - 9.5kW) and is suited for larger spaces. If you'd like to speak to one of our installers and get them to provide a quote, simply visit the page below, leave your details and we'll get someone to get in touch! https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/request-a-quote/

Becasked
Avanti PLUS SRK50ZSXA-W (5.0 kW)

Hi :)
Had this installed a few weeks back and very happy with it. Only problem is that the salesman told us we could control it via wifi, but I can't find information on how to do this anywhere. Help would be appreciated.

STENEN GIBSON
STENEN GIBSON

Google Mitsubishi Avanti Plus...

Bec

Hi Stenen. Have done this. I am hoping to hear from a Mitsubishi representative. Thanks.

Peter M

Optional module needed and Intesishome app

Henry Chaisrithaasked

My room is 12 square meters. Should I buy the 2.0 kW model or 2.5kW

Peter M

Depends on MANY things. For heating or cooling primarily? Room with big or small windows. Roof type. Faces summer sun or shaded side. Lots of heat generation (computers) or not. For daytime use (study) or night time use (sleeping)...

You can always turn down an aircon but never able to run above 100%. So if in doubt, buy the larger one (small extra cost) VS never being happy you cannot turn it up higher if smaller model bought.

Bottom line is the product is amazing and should be fine with either but I would pay the extra 10-20% to KNOW I am covered.

Congrats on the choice.

Hi Henry,

As Peter mentioned, there are a number of factors to take into consideration when selecting the size of your air-conditioner. I'd suggest referring to our handy room sizing chart and if in doubt, go for the slightly larger unit. https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/

Henry Chaisritha

Thanks but the graph does not talk about the test conditions like the temperature of that day that tested. In a very hot day like 44 Celsius my room tend to get very hot with the hot av receiver, monitor and PC cpu running at 70 celsius these adds extra 4 celsius to the room at this day what size would fit the bill? I wanted the 2.0kW because of 0.31 watts efficiency though just making sure about the test conditions. On bottom of the graph it does say (* This guide has been developed to assist in model selection for the majority of normal residential air conditioning situations) I'm not sure if I know what I think it means.

Mac H.asked
Avanti PLUS SRK35ZSXA-W (3.5 kW)

Please, can I get information on how the climate keeps the set temperature (cooling or heating)?
I had the Gree U-Crown climate and at a set temperature of 20 0C he warmed up to 26 0C !!!
Thanks for the reply.
Mac

Hi Mac,

Our split systems use inverter technology whereby the unit will cycle on/off to maintain the temperature within a room. Our Avanti PLUS model incorporates a precise temperature control whereby the unit will maintain the temperature within a space to within 1c by checking the temperature regularly when in auto mode.

Hope this helps!

Hi!

Thanks for the extremely fast response. Thankfully. I will take the opportunity to ask one more question, which refers to the description of Kapitoshka user:

"On the first night of operation we set the AC to 24C (the outside temperature was just below 10C) on the heat and went to bed. After 15 minutes of operation the kid's monitor was screaming about overheating and showing 29C."

which talks about the same problem as it was with the Gree climate.

First, let me provide you with information about the MIHI climate that I want to buy. Air conditioning is available in Europe (Slovenia):

the KIREIA PLUS SRK 35 ZSX-S (3.5kW) model, I think it is equivalent to SRK35ZSXA-W (3.5 kW) in Australia.

Heat / cooler will have 3 rooms in a total area of ​​20 m2 + 6 m2 and another 2 rooms, a hall 7 m2 and a bedroom 15 m2.
Total direct 26 m2, indirectly through the door 22 m2. The height of the rooms is 2.5 m.
Temperatures in winter reach -15 to -20 0C, average +5 to
- 7 0C.
In the summer, extremes are up to +35 0C, average +26 to +30 0C.
Will the Kireia Plus (model for Europe) have any problems with maintenance of the set temperature due to the cooling of the compressor as with the post from Kapitoshka?

You will be very helpful with your knowledge of climate performance and expertise.

Thanks for the reply.

Kapitoshka
Kapitoshka

Hi Mac, I won't comment on specific models as I'm not MHI representative, but here are basics to consider: Most of ACs have compressor lubricants incorporated in gas and rely on "minimum operation time" to keep AC compressor lubricated. For older models I think is 10 minutes of minimum operational time for Avanti models I think is 5 minutes. Hence, if your set temperature will be reached in 3 minutes, AC will keep operation till set minimum by AC computer, then invert down or stop. In my case 7 additional minutes resulted in 9C more than set temperature. After all interaction with MHI my lessons learnt were: 1. Do not buy bigger unit than required 2. Buy latest with better logic and more advanced tech. Now we have 2,5kw Avanti model in the same room. In winter it set to keep +21c where in reality it fluctuates between +20c and +24c due to above described, which is perfectly fine with us. Hope it helps.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti PLUS Series