Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW) Questions & Answers

MPNs: SETDXK24ZRA-W and SRK71ZRA-W

26 questions from our users

Normfavasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES Bronte SRK71ZRA-W | DXK24ZRA-W 7.1kW Reverse Cycle Split System Air Conditioner

The 2 different model numbers, do they refer to each of the units, indoor and outdoor ?

Michael
Michael

Indoor SRK71ZRA-W
Outdoor SRC71ZRA-W
MPN: DXK24ZRA-W 7.1kW Reverse Cycle Split System Air Conditioner

Normfav

thanks for you reply michael. I have been quoted on a DXK24ZRA-W and when i google it thr SRK numbers come up? just want to make sure im ordering the correct model

Normfav

apologies for the stupid question, what does MPN stand for? so are they the same model or is the DXK24ZRA a completely different model?

Chris T.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Hi can you please tell me the difference between SRK71ZRA-W and MSZAP71VGKIT models
There both 7.1 systems but have $500 difference between them

Scott Smeal
Scott Smeal

Hi Chris, mate I don't know. Maybe one is flued and not the other ??

Chris T.

I worked it out. There different company's. 1 is Mitsubishi electric. And the other is Mitsubishi heavy industries.
I didnt realise there were 2 different company's. The good guys sells one and harvey norman sell the other.

Hi Chris,

As you mentioned, we are in fact a completely different company from Mitsubishi Electric. While Mitsubishi Electric manufacture a range of appliances, we focus on producing award winning, high quality, high performance air conditioning. To provide some more information - we're proud to recognised by Canstar Blue as having the most satisfied customers of any air conditioner brand in Australia and by CHOICE as being the best air conditioning brand in Australia.

You can learn more about those awards and us as a brand on our website below but if you have any questions - don't hesitate to let us know!

Matt G

Matt Gasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I am looking to install a 7.1kw Bronte unit soon and it will be a back to back install. I was looking at the installation manual and can’t seem to find the minimum refrigerant pipe length. It says maximum 30m run but not a minimum. I know some other models are noisy if the pipe run is too short, so I was just wondering if there is a minimum pipe run length between indoor and outdoor units.

my unit is back to back with outside only 30cm below

not noisy

Hi Matt,

The minimum pipe length depends on a few different factors but normally we recommend minimum should be approx 2m. We recommend all installations are done by a licence professional who should be able to confirm this and provide some more information.

If you haven't already found a dealer or installer, you can find your local one here -https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/

Trevor Gray

Trevor Grayasked

user manual

Hi Trevor,

You can find the user manual for our Bronte series here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/bronte-user-manual/

Trevor Gray

Trevor Grayasked

operating instructions

Robert T.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Hi Can you please advise what are the feature differences between the Bronte SRK71ZRA compared to the SRK60ZSWA Avanti Plus model apart from the size kw

Hi Robert,

While the Bronte series and Avanti PLUS series do share many standard features and functions, The Avanti PLUS is our Platinum Series and has some additional ones including a motion sensor and eco-operation (turning the unit into standby when it detects an empty room), improved and more accurate temperature control and improved internal components. The Avanti PLUS also has a more modern design and won the Australian Good Design Award last year.

They both suit similar size spaces (refer to the sizing chart or full split systems brochure for more info). Hope this helps but if you need anymore clarification, please let me know.

Robert T.

Hi Glen, thank you for the information it confirmed my preference to purchase the Avanti Plus.
Can you also advise if there are new models of the Avanti Plus range being released this year.
Rob

Hi Robert,

At the moment - there are no plans for any new models within the Avanti PLUS series.

Michael R.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

i have been setting my new SRK71 to start up in the morning on 21 and 30-40 minutes later the room is at 24/25. this is great for warmth but not for electricity usage. i have come down to start up of 19 but it still heats to 24/25. is there something wrong ?

Hi Michael,

If you are using a separate temperature sensor to measure room temp, it's likely that it will always show a different temperature that what the unit is registering as the units temperature sensor is located in the indoor unit. This is especially true if your independent sensor is located underneath the unit itself.

You may want to try reducing the fan speed on the unit. If you still find the unit seems to be overheating the room on a lower temperature and fan speed, I suggest contacting us on 1300 138 007 for some further troubleshooting.

Michael R.

thank you for your reply. the independent temperature sensor is 5 - 6 metres from the unit and the fan is on minimum speed. i will ring the number you have supplied.

Sue

Sueasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

What is the difference between SRK71ZRA-W and DXK24ZRA-A-W? Choice has rated the former but no listing for the latter.

Hi Sue,

The model numbers are slightly different depending on where you purchase the unit from however the SRK71ZRA-W and DXK24ZRA-W are exactly the same model (technical specifications, remote, features/functions, etc.). The CHOICE recommendations were given prior to the DXK model being released however it wold still apply to the 7.1kW Bronte model.

Hope this helps but if you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to let me know!

Noel W.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I bought an SRK71ZRA-W Bronte series last week. Your user manual for that model, on page 15 Cool/Heat/Dry/Fan Mode operation, recommends setting Cool range at 26c -28c & Heat range 22c - 24c Surely the cool range figures are a mistake! Surely you mean 16c - 18c ?

Hi Neil,

The temperatures given in the manual are recommendations to provide a comfortable temperature while also providing the best energy efficiency. Of course everyone is different so if you find it is still too warm, you can set the temperature lower (say 21c-22c) however the unit will then use more power.

Noel W.

Thank you for getting back.

Saravan S.

Saravan S.asked

Where is this made

Thailand

Saravan S.

Saravan S.asked

Where is this made

Tony D

I believe they are made in Thailand

Mike

Mikeasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

12 months ago we purchased one of your MHI air conditioners last year - SETDXK24ZRA-W from the Good Guys. Do you still make this model and what is the recommended cost ? ? Thankyou Mike.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Mike, The DXK24ZRA-W is our 7.1kW Bronte model and also goes by the model number of SRK71ZRA-W. The Good Guys still sell this model however I suggest visiting their website for pricing - https://www.thegoodguys.com.au/mitsubishi-heavy-industries

SPARKYasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

can i get a drawing of the indoor mounting plate for the bronte 7.1 kw split REGARDS LOU

Hi,

Dimensions and a diagram for the mounting plate are usually included in the short installation guide which comes with the unit however if you wanted to email us (marketing@mhiaa.com.au) I can send through some more information.

SPARKY

I have not bought the unit yet I need to know the dimensions before I do lou

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Lou, As per my previous comment, if you wanted to email us at marketing@mhiaa.com.au we can see how we can help.

Dreamwlf

Dreamwlfasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

What amperage does it take to run this unit

HG

Hi my installer did tell me. I think it was fairly high 17 -18amps? Must have its own feed from the power board on a separate circuit and fuse. No way would it be safe on the normal house circuit. It would cause an overload.

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi There. Running current depends on which operation the system is current in however it usually varies between 7.8 and 9.4 with 240V supply. Maximum running current is 17A.

Christine R.

Christine R.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Do these air cons have recycled air

Hi Christine,

All our split systems draw in air from within your home before cooling/heating this and then recirculating it. They do not draw in any air from outside. Hope this answers your question!

HG

As Glen said that is correct and exactly how you want it too work otherwise it would be continually heating or cooling new air which would be very costly. I would also add this aircon a can also be set to filter and dehumidify the air in the house as well as cool and heat. I am very happy with mine and it is extremely quiet both inside and out. Easy to leave running when going to bed so be careful.

SandraMaeRose

SandraMaeRoseasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

What are the benefits/ negative comparing the Avanti and Bronte systems 5kw for an open plan house?

Hi Sandra,

The Avanti series is our smaller series designed for smaller to medium spaces with models ranging from 2.0kW up to 5.0kW. Our Bronte series is our larger series, designed for medium to larger spaces with models ranging from 6.3kW to 9.5kW. I'd suggest checking out our sizing chart for more information around which size unit would be best for your home. https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/

Sampath S.

Sampath S.asked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Could I know the operation range and the MTBF for Bronte 7.1 kw please?

Hi Sampath,

All technical specs for the 7.1kW Bronte can be found under the 'Technical Specifcations' section on the page below. https://mhiaa.com.au/products/model/srk71zra-w-dxk24zra-w-residential/

Malcolmasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

I am purchasing a MHI SRK71ZRA-W-Set and a MHI SRK25ZSA-W-Set. The outdoor units will be installed alongside the brick side wall of my house which has no windows, bedrooms are located behind the wall. I am constructing a common slightly raised concrete plinth to mount the units. I have made the plinth dimensions 500 wide (off the wall) and 2090mm long. will this be OK and give the best distance between the units? I based the width on the 7.1 unit which is noted as 340 wide + 100 min rear space from the wall. But the information I can access does not show footprint dimensions which include the mounting feet/lugs. Basically I want to ensure that the unit will be contained within the plinth extremities and give the required clearances.

R.singh
R.singh

Hi Malcolm My srk25zsa-w is installed back to back. Outdoor unit is on brackets. Urs one is 7.1 kw and mine is 6.3kw both are bronte series. Mine 6.3kw main unit is installed in family hall and outdoor unit is installed at least ten metres away. Installer got the pipes through the roof and out from ceiling and install outdoor unit on brackets.its safe I was thinking to put readymade slab which you can buy from bunnings. Saves space if u put on brackets that’s all.dimesions ur asking best to ask from air con installer.

Hi Malcolm,

You should allow at least a 250mm space between both of the units for proper serving and at least 1m from a wall (on any side) to allow for proper ventilation.

I recommend speaking to an authorised installer who can give you some more information. You can find your closest installer on our 'Where to Buy' function - https://mhiaa.com.au/home/where-to-buy/

Malcolm

Hi Glen, great, thanks for the reply. Would you also please tell me how much drained water (say Qty per hour) I can expect to have discharged from each indoor and outdoor unit. Unit drainage will go onto a solid paved area, for this reason I intend putting in a ground drain to pipe any water away to discharge into a garden area. I see an elbow is available as an accessory for piping drainage. As I noted, I intended using a concrete slab/plinth to mount the outdoor units on. Will I be able/have room under the units to pipe the drainage away, and what size is the elbow and pipe? (presume PVC plumbing pipe is used?). Because, I note that installation instructions state a 100mm clearance is required under the mounting feet/face for drain piping. Why is so much clearance needed? This clearance is surely only needed to pass a small drain pipe under the unit?
Thanks and Regards,

Mick

Mickasked

Bronte SRK71ZRA-W (7.1kW)

Whats the difference between models Mitsubishi Heavy Industries C7.1kW H8.0kW Reverse Cycle Split System SETDXK24ZRA-W and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte C7.1kW H8.0kW Reverse Cycle Split System SRK71ZRA-W?

Hi Mick,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The DXK has been superseeded by the SRK models however they are exactly the same model with the same features and functions.

treeclimber

treeclimberasked

what's the difference between SRK71ZRA-W / 7.1kW and MSZ-GL71VGD

Jaymate
Jaymate

One is by MHI the other ME. I bought the Mitsubishi SRK71 and it's WONDERFUL, much more powerful airflow and faster cooling thanks to PAM. Highly recommend you get the SRK71. Sorry for not directly answering your question with what are the exact difference's, I lazy, but can answer any specific questions if you wish :)

Hi Treeclimber,

Jaymate's correct! We're actually a completely separate company from Mitsubishi Electric and while Mitsubishi Electric produce other appliances such as fridges, hand dryers, etc we specialise in doing one thing and one thing well which is producing heavy duty and high quality air-conditioners for the Australian and New Zealand market

Our 7.kw Bronte unit is as tough as they come and on top of its 4.7star review, has just been recommended by CHOICE, Australia's leading advocacy group.

Hope this has helped buy if you need anymore information, don't hesitate to let me know.

Glen

Mark
Mark

My SRK71 has been awesome for the last few hot days in Melbourne. It basically cools the whole house if turned on early at a moderate level. Not the cheapest unit, but well worth the spend. And it seems to be pretty efficient with power. I was surprised by my last electricity bill.

See all Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Bronte Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives