Philips Airfryer XL

Philips Airfryer XL Questions & Answers

HD9240/90 (Black), HD9240/30 (White)

132 questions from our users

Sandra R

Sandra Rasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

Is this air fryer in Celsius or Fahrenheit?

Hi Sandra,
Thank you for your question. It's nice to see that you're interested in this device. We've looked into it and the units used on this device are in degree Celsius. If you'd like to have an idea of what you can bake with this Airfyer, then you may want to check out our official recipe book: https://philips.to/2AyCLJc.

Mahmood k.

Mahmood k.asked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

It's a good machine. Now days it's internal circuits is not working, also the fan moter. I checked the circuits two resistant and moter transformer is not working. From where I checked the circuits.
mahprofgood@gmail.com

Stevo

Stevoasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

Hi guys ,i have had my air fryer a couple of years.The fan made some funny noises and now it has stopped spinning.Is it stuffed or can i tighten it from the inside?

Hi Ley,

Thank you for your inquiry about your Airfryer XL. We are sorry to hear that it has been producing strange sounds, and has eventually stopped spinning. We can imagine the disappointment this may have caused you, as you have enjoyed using it for a couple of years. We would like to see how we can help. One reason that may have caused the unusual noise is that there may be something loose inside the Airfryer. This then, should be sent to us for repair.

Please contact the following numbers to schedule your appointment: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm) in Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. Please allow some time to process the call due to the current circumstances.

Have a wonderful week!

Serafin P.

Serafin P.asked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

smc diode value for D1 and D2 busted parts for Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

Hi Serafin,

Thank you for your question. Should you be facing any issues with your Airfryer, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand). They'll be happy to look into it for you.

Charlie B.

Charlie B.asked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Just bought the XL HD9240 and seen there is grill plate accessory which i was wondering if on my model is the handle interchangeable to use this accessory?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Charlie, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here with your question. In order to assess compatibility of an accessory with your Airfryer, we do require a bit more information. Therefore, it would be great if you could reach out to us on one of our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter @PhilipsCare). Our colleagues there are available 24/7, and that way pictures can be included in the conversation as well. Alternatively, you could reach out to our colleagues on one of the following numbers:

AU 1300 363 391
NZ 0800 658 224

We hope to hear from you.

James K.

James K.asked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

My frier turns itself off after about 6 mins as if it is overheating, I’m cooking at 190, never had a problem before, any ideas anyone? pls.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your question and for bringing this to our attention. We're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues all of a sudden, though. Of course, that's not supposed to happen so we'd like to recommend you to get in touch with our specialists via 1300 363 391. They will be able to look into it and provide you with assistance. :-) We hope the matter will be resolved shortly!

Paul Jasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

how do I attach grill pan as the handle on the main pan is not detachable?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Paul, thank you for reaching out to us here. The grill pan can be used by putting it in the main basket after removing the detachable handle. The grill pan for this model is made separately, so we recommend checking the compatibility of this accessory with your model of AirFryer first. If you would like to know more about this, you can also reach out to our team by phone on the following number: 1300 363 391(Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). We hope to hear from you soon.

Paul J

Well that does not help at all! I asked for help and you say "check compatibility" - you have my model number so you tell me what grill pan suits!

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for coming back to us, Paul. Upon having another look at our reply, we do agree that we could've looked into it for you, our apologies. We did check whether the grill pan is compatible with the HD9240/90, and it is not, unfortunately. So we're afraid the accessory cannot be attached to the basket, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Let us know if you have any further questions, we'd be happy to answer them!

Dee

Deeasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

Hi my philips airfryet XL has stopped working altogether . Not yet a year old .... on ocasdion it has stopped halfway through cooking but tonight it has completely stopped . It not longer turns on at all ... tried different powerpoints and also waited several hours in case it had somehow overheated . I was only cooking frozen chips and it had only been on for 8 minutes when it cut out . Thoughts ???

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your Philips Airfryer. A device that stops in the middle of cooking is definitely not an ideal experience. We recommend that you take a look at these probable causes, which you can find here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000003728/my-philips-airfryer-does-not-switch-on. If you find that these suggestions do not apply to your case, please contact our team on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd love to look into this for you, and get your Airfryer up and running once again!

Claire

Claireasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

My air fryer has taken to switching off midway through cooking - with the error message ER flashing on the screen. Please advise why this is happening? I noticed that other people have been experiencing this issue but you haven't advised how best that it can be fixed. Therefore I'd be interested in suggestions. Thanks

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Claire, thank you for reaching out to us about this. We're sorry to hear your Air Fryer has been playing tricks on you, but we're here to help. Could you please make sure that you set the time after pre-heating and then press the start/pause button? If the start/pause button is fast double blinking, then it might be the case that you have forgotten to push the button. If the start/pause button blinks slowly, the process has been done correctly. However, do know that if the settings are not confirmed, the appliance switches off automatically for safety reasons. Do let us know if this helps! Alternatively, feel free to contact our product specialists on 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST), as they'd be more than happy to investigate this for you further.

Andrea D.

Andrea D.asked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

The digital timer on my Phillips airfryer keeps jumping for example if i set it for 20 minutes it starts off okay then it beeps and say skips up to 60 minutes it then goes bezerk and does it own thing i always have to watch it and re set it, can this be fixed?

Hi there Andrea,

Thanks for reaching out to us! Sorry to hear your Philips Airfryer is showing this issue. To help you in the best way, please reach out to us via Social Media (Facebook or Twitter @PhilipsCare), or call us via 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) for immediate assistance. We'd love to investigate this further for you! Hope to hear from you.

MaryAnn

MaryAnnasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

I am using my airfryer for the first time. When I press the temperature button, it jumps from 360 to 390. The recipe I'm using calls for a temp of 370, but the fryer doesn't give me that option. What am I doing wrong?

Julie A

Julie Aasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

I LOVE my aifryer however the draw seems to be slightly warped and does seal properly. This is my 2nd air fryer as the first one did the same. I had it replaced under warranty but don’t want to go back every 10 months for a new one. Have you heard of this issue before? It is Phillips XL in white

Philips S.Philips

Hey Julie, thanks for reaching out on here.

It's most unfortunate to hear that something like this seemed to have happened for a second time. Please know that you're welcome to contact us on 1300 363 391. We'd be happy to see how we can help you out, as well as to look a bit deeper into why this seems to be occurring.

naz
naz

I have the same issue

Natalie

Natalieasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

How much are the Philips Avance Collection HD9240/90 XL (Black) air fryers worth?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Natalie. Thanks for asking and for showing interest in our products. :) For more info on the price and availability we advise you to follow this link: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HD9240_90/premium-collection

Feroza

Ferozaasked

XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Hi I have the Phillip's hd9240 rapid air fryer.
I set the timer and temperature but the fan doesn't switch on. What could the problem be? The fryer is still fairly new. About 2 months only.

Larue

The fan switches on as soon as you turn it on if not than you have a fault return product to shop.

Hi there Feroza,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing with your Airfryer. In order to investigate this matter more thoroughly, we kindly ask you to reach out to our Care Team via 1300 363 391 (0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand). That is the quickest way to get in touch with our experts and find out if the fan is indeed broken or if there's something else that can be done to get the issue fixed. They'll be more than happy to assist you with this!

Camie Corley

Camie Corleyasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

How do I change the temperature in my Philips 9240 airfryer? I am only able to get 360 and 390 degrees when I press the up or down temp button.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Camie, thanks for reaching out to us.

This indeed sounds quite unusual to be honest. We hope that you'll take a moment to give us a call, as we'd like to see how this could be solved! You can reach us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). We would like to hear from you.

Abdo Aasked

Dear Sir,
I have air fryer ( 9206AD - 4 // Type HD 9240 , 2095 watt , White )
fan is not working, what can i do for solve it?
I want to know fan specifications such as voltage, amps, so i can test it alone or replace it.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Abdo, thanks for reaching out to us regarding this. We'd advise against tinkering with the device yourself, as we can't guarantee your safety, and the quality of the device if original parts have been altered, or the device has been opened up. But please know that we're more than willing to see how we can help you in this situation. Could you instead give us a call on 1300 363 391 (AU), or on 0800 658 224 (NZ)?

Jennifer M

Jennifer Masked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

I have my air fryer on with the timer. Will it shut off by itself once it reaches the time

sure yes

Larue

What ever time you have it will stop when it ends.

Philips S.Philips

Yes, it should stop automatically if the timer runs out. If this doesn't happen, we'd like to implore you to reach out to us to look into that a bit further. You could reach out through social media, or by calling 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ).

Tho P

Tho Pasked

Hi,
I have the hd9240/90 model. I just purchased it and on unpacking I accidentally closed the draw without the basket and handle on. Now I cannot open it. Can anyone help? Thanks very much

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for your question. If everything is alright, you should be able to open the draw by simply pulling it with your finger. It's not very inconvenient but you should be able to do this. We just gave it a shot ourselves here at the office and if you push your left hand against the appliance and pull the draw with your right hand then you should be fine. If this doesn't work, you can always reach out to us on Social Media (Facebook or Twitter) or you can reach us by phone on the following number 1300 363 391. Hope this helps.

nealk49

nealk49asked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

Philips Avance XL Digital Airfryer purchased in Sep 2017 - used infrequently has decided it will not turn on. Any suggestions?

Bryan
Bryan

No, sorry can't help. Sounds like a call to Philips customer service for advice.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our colleagues here for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/content/B2C/en_AU/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BCOOKING_CA

Annaasked

XL Digital HD9240/90 (Black)

I have owned the philip avancence XL Airfryer for about 4 yrs and is starting to give problems. Sometimes it doesn’t switch on and sometimes it does. When it does switch on, it will shut down after a minute of it being on. Can you pls tell me what’s wrong with the airfryer and I thought it should have a longer lifespan as I don’t it very much.

Val D
Val D

I am so sorry.Anna I have no idea as I haven't come accross this problem. Our family own 5 airfryers and haven't had this. Maybe ring Phillips and ask them if they could help. Customer Service are usually very good. My sister has had hers 6 years uses daily, still going strong. Good luck.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Anna. Thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear your Airfryer has been facing some issues, as we can imagine that comes quite unexpected. If you haven't done so already, we kindly ask you to get in contact with our customer support as we'd like to see if there's still anything we can do for you. Please find us on Twitter (@PhilipsCare), Facebook, or call us on 0800 658 224 (NZ) or 1300 363 391 (AU). We hope to hear from you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Anna

Your customer support has just given me the name of the repair shop I can send my airfryer to for evaluation who would charge me $30 for assessing what is the problem. All I want to know is whether it is a major problem and whether it is worth repairing. I don’t think I want to pay $30 for it and I might look at buying a different brand instead. (One of my friends had problems with her Philip Airfryer too and ended up getting rid of it).

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives