4Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000

Russell Hobbs Express Chef RHPC1000 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:3547, RHB-RHPC1000 and RHPC1000
KathyK

Could I slow cook a leg of lamb? My last crockpot was oval so just wondering if I can still do this in your product

Russell Hobbs   DM

Hello Kathy, thank you for your enquiry. Yes you can cook a leg of lamb in the pressure cooker using the slow cooker function. I would suggest adjusting the size of the leg according to the size of the pot.

KathyK

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes that's my only concern with the 2 different products sizes.

Russell Hobbs   DM

Hello Kathy, it may be a bit of a trial for the first attempt.

Julie P.
Julie P.

Can you only slow cook for four hours? I generally slow cook overnight for 8 hours. Does it need to be reprogrammed after 4 hours?

Russell Hobbs   DM

Hello Julie, The default cooking time is set at 4 hours but this can be adjusted, depending on your recipe requirements.
The available cooking time ranges from 2 to 10 hours

Krystyna P.
Krystyna P.

How to use pressure cooker

michelle c.
michelle c.

I am using the digital multi cooker for the first time on the red float valve seal a plastic cap, does that stay on or have to be removed.

LMMM

Do not remove the plastic cap

Russell Hobbs   DM

Hello Michelle, please do not remove the plastic cap. If you have any Further questions, please you may also call us at 1800623118

kadiyasir
kadiyasir

Hi
I’m looking for a cooking pot replacement of pressure cooker?

Khadija

mum

With a the pot roast function do I use the pressure system

trisha

yes. this is a wonderful cooker.

Lol, I year later!!

Allira M
Allira M

Looking for a replacement gasket ring shield, what size am I looking for?

Russell Hobbs   DM

Hello Allira, please call our spare parts department on 1800623118 for all spare parts and have your model number ready.

Russell Hobbs support team

MRTONY&MRSAROHA F.
MRTONY&MRSAROHA F.

How to cook lamb casserole

Michael
Michael

How do I use the slow cooker on the multi cooker?

TONY

I turn off the pressure cooker knob. Then it is just a matter of selecting your times. I still don't know how to or if I can even, select slow or fast. Wish I knew

Alan O.
Alan O.

What pressure is max pressure on my express chef?

Eddie H.
Eddie H.

My release valve release is very loose and easy to move while cooking rice (using white rice function. I’ve not yet used other functions. I had expected the turn release knob on top to pull in and kick when cooking.

LMMM

No, it is meant to be loose. It is the red knob that lowers and rises

Chris Webb
Chris Webb

I have the Russell Hobbs Digital Multi Cooker. I cannot remove the anti block shield to clean it. No trouble with the red float valve or the gasket. Please help.

LMMM

You just twist and pull. I rarely remove mine.

Anna S.
Anna S.

What does the the cooking pot made of? What is the non-stick cover?

Kelly S.
Kelly S.

Didn't seal valve til after I push curry will it still work?

LMMM

It'll just boil, not pressure cook.

John S.
John S.

Hi, does anyone know of recipes online (not just the ones in the instruction manual) for the EXPRESS CHEF DIGITAL MULTI COOKER? All I find are recipes for something called "Ínstant Pot" and I just want to get it right!

Rease

The two cookers are practically identical. Any recipe you make in an Instant Pot can be made in the Express Chef Mulit Cooker. Nothing changes -- follow the recipes exactly as they tell you for an IP, and it will come out exactly the same in the Express Chef -- you'll love it! The only difference is the Express Chef doesn't come with a stainless steel pot like the Instant Pot. I actually bought a stainless steel pot for the Instant Pot, and use it in my Russell Hobbs Express Chef, because I like to mash my potatoes in my pot, and didn't want to ruin the non-stick coating in the other pot. Hope this helps!

LMMM

Exactly...only the Russell Hobbs had no yogurt function.

Tony Novice
Tony Novice

I cannot find any useful detail on slow cooking. Unfortunately, I get mixed messages from the forum on some points (probably due to differing approaches and requirements). Here I read it is not under pressure, yet the manual states: "However unlike a normal slow cooker, as the pressure builds up the usual cook time will be less than a traditional slow cooker, so keep this in mind when cooking with this function.' "COOK TIME WILL BE LESS" ??? "KEEP THIS IN MIND" ???
Can someone please tell me:
is the slow cooking function under pressure??
If, not, should the valve be left open??
if slow cooker recipe calls for 4 hours high = what setting and how long in multi in cooker??
if slow cooker recipe calls for 8 hours low = what setting and how long in multi in cooker??

Thanks.

trisha

definitely turn off the pressure. but i need answers to those other questions to fully being able to use this great pot.

LMMM

Yes, this is super confusing instructions, lol. I just do as I would with the instant pot. No pressure, and I use a normal lid. They cook much faster than a normal slow cooker though...the temperature is definitely higher.

Gail
Gail

I have just purchased this product and have not used it yet. However, after reading the manual I decided to practice removing the anti-block shield for future cleaning. I found that it is impossible to remove. Even my husband failed to remove it. Am I able to still use the appliance even though I will not be able to remove the shield for cleaning?

Rease

I rarely remove it. It actually slides UP - at first, I couldn't get it off because I kept turning it, assuming it would come off with a turn. You actually have to lift up on it. But for what it's worth - I have only ever taken it off once to wash! So yes, use it - I use mine every day, multiple times a day. I love it! Any "Instant Pot" recipe you find on Youtube will give you great ideas. Some popular ones are "Pressure Luck", and "Six Sister's Stuff" - they both have lots of great pressure cooker recipes. Or if you are plant-based, Rainbow Plant Life has a pressure cooker cookbook. Enjoy!!

Exactly!

MULTICOOKER29
MULTICOOKER29

Hi, what temperature is the slow cook seeing at please? Would this temperature be considered low or high temperature in a standard crockpot? Thank you

TONY

My decision is it is low and so I usually have no problems with that. Yes I don't understand why it isn't explained.

trisha

yes i need to know how to change from low to high on the slow cooker. don't understand why this isn;t simply explained.

Check page 15 of your manual...it says approx 95c

Jill H.

where can you buy (in Australia) the red float valve seal for the RHPC1000 multi cooker. Mine flicked off and fell behind the cupboard and I am unable to retrieve it, I have only just bought the cooker.

Rease

Very sorry - I had posted another answer only to discover the link I posted was for a part to a different brand. I have this same Russell Hobbs pressure cooker that you have, and it's identical to the Instant Pot I used to have back in the US. My guess is that you could replace it with an Instant Pot 6 qt. pressure cooker valve.

Here is a link to one on the US Amazon store - I don't know if it's available on the Australia store: https://www.amazon.com/s?k=instant+pot+float+valve&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I purchased an Instant Pot stainless steel pot to use in my Russell Hobbs, and it's fantastic. The pot is seriously exact in every way to my old Instant Pot, except that when you set the time, you need to decrease, as the default is 30 mins on my Russell Hobbs, and it was around 5 or 10 on my old IP. So, I think this valve would probably work for you.

LMMM

You can get seals and spare parts on AliExpress far cheaper and they work perfectly.

David C.
David C.

Is white rice quick release

Yes, it is.

LMMM

I do 4-6 minutes on manual with a 10 mins release.

Get an answer from our members and Russell Hobbs representatives