Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU Questions & Answers

12 questions from our users

Nigeasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Hi, I have an IQ800 washing machine and after completing the last wash the door wouldn't open. I followed the manuals instructions and managed to drain remaining water (only a small amount) and manually unlock the door and get the clothes out. I then tried to run another cycle but after initially starting the cycle and commencing filling machine with water the machine simply stopped. No error code just nothing - normal programming information on the machine. The icons to fill i-dos etc were flashing but that is it. After emptying and opening door again the machine won't start another cycle and when I press the start button (or any button) it just makes a small beeping sound each time but nothing else happens. The only error I have been given was on my last of many attempts which basically said (along the lines of) "door cannot be unlocked water temperature too high". I don't wash on very high temperatures and there is no water in the machine so it can't be too hot.

Hi just a bit of additional information. Not sure if it is related to the current issue but I was having some problems over the last few months with a leak (?) of the liquid detergent dripping down the front of the machine so I reverted to manually dispensing detergent. My guess is this may be related and causing an electrical problem? I would love to know if there is a way of resetting the machine to default and see if this works?

Taz
Taz

If leaking detergent, then you'll probably need a new plug for underneath the idos dispenser. If leaking like my issue, then Siemens couldn't work out what it was. See the pics in my post.

Nige

Sorry the leak is sorted i fitted new rubber plugs so I have now removed that section. We have 3 different siemens ovens, washing machine and a dryer and everyone of them has had a technician out. The Miele equipment we have and had longer has never skipped a beat.

H Nige,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Washing machine.
We would recommend to contact our customer service team on 1300 167 425 to book a technician to attend and ascertain why the fault is occuring.

Rohan ashman

Rohan ashmanasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

My iq800 drain flitter is stuck and cant open how do I remover the cover plate to get to the drain pipe to unblock the filter

Jane G.

Jane G.asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

When I put washing powder in the drawer manually it is not all going into the machine. This is a recent issue. I have had the machine for 6 months or so and this had not been a problem previously. The soap all ends up stuck in the drawer.

Hi Jane G.
Thank you for your question for your Siemens WM16Y890AU washing machine.
Please try and clean and dry out the detergent drawer.
Complete a 90 degree cotton cycle with no washing in drum (recommend de-scale if possible).
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.

Adrian F

Adrian Fasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

How do I access the water pump or is there an easier way to remove a stuck filter cap?

Nora A.
Nora A.

How to open the washing Maschine the door is stuck ?

Hi Nora A,
Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens WM16Y890AU washing machine.
Please refer to your manual on page 45.
Turn appliance off and pull out the main plug.
If water still appliance, please place a towel on the floor and open the service flap located on the bottom right hand corner of the washing machine.
Pull out the hose inside and drain the water into a bowl/bucket.
Once the water is all drain please pull down on the emergency release with a tool.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425.

MPW

MPWasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Rubber seal around drum at the bottom became black and can't be removed. lt was wiped every time after using washing machine. Any help?

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

Hi MPW, thanks for your question.
There are a number of things you can do to remove it and prevent it from occurring again:

1. Make a paste out of equal parts of baking soda and water and smooth it over the black marks, leave it on for at least an hour then wipe the paste away. The black should come away with the paste, if the stains are stubborn, you may need to re-apply some paste and repeat the process.

Once the paste is wiped away, put the machine on a 90 degree Cotton cycle with no detergent or clothes, this will help flush away any excess build up.

2. To stop the problem occurring again you can;

a) Give the seal a wipe over when the washing has been taken out.

b) Once you have given the seal a wipe, you can leave the door slightly open allowing the machine to dry out so the black does not have the perfect environment to form.

c) Make sure you are using detergent for front loaders only don’t use detergent that states you can use it in both top loaders and front loaders.

d) Reduce the amount of powder in the wash, you should only need half the product's recommended amount for a full load. If you see any extra suds in the drum during washing, there is too much powder in the wash. You should reduce the amount even more if you choose the lighter loads on Easycare or Delicates

e) If you tend to choose low temperature cycles for your regular washes, it is recommended you do a 60 degree wash every couple of weeks to dissolve any leftover powder in the machine. (You can use this to do your bedding or towels). This will clear your machine and help prevent the black from forming again.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to contact us on 1300 167 425 to discuss.

Rose

Hello, regardless of the front loader I have had over the years, I have always left the door ajar slightly so as to air dry the seal. I have never had mould or any other dirt issue by doing this. I do periodically (at least every month to six weeks) also do a 90 degree cotton cycle wash with no clothing and add some bicarb to the detergent dispenser. Hope this helps.

Marijka

Marijkaasked

Dusty

We had a leaking detergent problem, Bosch/Siemens sent out 2 new plugs for the bottom of the idose tank. they could be grimy and need a clean or they can shrink a little and leak.
We got onto Siemens about the buttons being "sticky" they would keep scrolling through the menu without pushing anything, we are rural remote and was hard to get a tech to look at it. Bosch/Siemens replaced our machine and gave us another 5 years warranty.

Netsy

Netsyasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Hi. I have a Siemens WM16Y890AU Front Loader which is not dispensing the fabric softener. I have cleaned out the drawer and also inside the drawer compartment but it is still not emptying out the softener, this seems to be an ongoing issue with this machine, can you please advise what I should do to fix this problem?

Hi Netsy,
Thanks for your question regarding your Siemens WM16Y890AU Washing Machine.
This should be a simple fix, you will need to remove the detergent drawer completely from the appliance, remove the blue section in the fabric softener compartment and clean between the two funnels with a q tip. We'd recommend diluting your fabric softener in future to help avoid blockages.
If you have any future queries, please feel free to call us on 1300 167 425 to discuss further.

Rose

Hello, I would remove the drawer (your manual will instruct you on how to do this). It may have softener residue which needs removing. Failing that, you may need to call Siemens.

Imran K

Imran Kasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

I'm having E23 when I switch on the machine. Any ideas?

Rose

Hello Imran, perhaps the drain pump, could be a blockage? Probably best to call for service or at least call Siemens technical support for their assistance. I'm sorry I could not be of further assistance.

Dusty

Is it leaning too far forward? We had a similar issue. Found a $2 coin in the bottom pump filter. Then it was still coming up. Adjusted feet on botom to lean machine backwards and has been good since.

Liza

Lizaasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Hi my washing mashing is dispensing the liquid detergent but it is not dispensing the softener. I have both idols set to strong.

I have taken out the draw and washed it out completely several times and it still won't dispense.

Can anyone help me please?

Eugene
Eugene

I had this issue recently - the problem was with the small piece of plastic stuck in between the wheels of the pump (you need to unscrew the cover of the pump to get to the wheels). Please note the screws have very weird head, I did not have correct screw driver for those, i used piece of rubber and flat screw driver to open the cover.

john

johnasked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

Love the machine but unfortunately the rubber seal is damaged and was wondering what price is reasonable to have replaced?

BSH Home AppliancesSiemens

Hi John, Thanks for the question regarding your Siemens WM16Y890AU Washing Machine. We'd like to help you investigate, so could you please contact us on 1300 167 425 to discuss further. Regards, Siemens Home Appliances.

Yve
Yve

It cost us over $300 to replace...

Glenn

Glennasked

Hi

Our machine doesn't seem to be dispensing much detergent. We pulled out the tray and washed it and filled it back up and it has hardly used any after about 20 loads. It has dropped maybe 1cm. Never see foam in the machine whilst it is washing, but cant remember whether i used to or not. The fabric softner is didpensing and i have refilled it at least 3 times since cleaning and refilling both the dispensers.

Please advise,
Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your question. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Siemens WM16Y890AU.

mollye57asked

iQ800 WM16Y890AU

We purchased our iQ800 in April 2014 from E&S Trading. We have always noticed that the washed clothes have a musty/mouldy odour about them no matter how much we have adjusted the amount of laundry liquid and fabric softener to be dispensed. This smell would appear to be getting worse despite the fact that we have followed the instructions in the booklet by setting the hottest 2hour cotton cycle, regularly servicing the drain pump via the service flap located on the front, wiping the rubber seal and also leaving the door open after each wash. The smell on our clothes is very unpleasant and makes us feel like they are not even being washed with laundry detergent but merely sloshed around in dirty water. Can you please help us, as we have to use this machine daily.
Terry and Janet
Benalla Vic 3672

Hi Mollye57,

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Siemens WM16Y890AU Washing machine.

mhurk
mhurk

Dear Molly57,

I read your story about the Siemens washing machine on the internet. We have the same problems that you wrote, we contacted Siemens Netherlands but the things we have to do from the Siemens service office were not helping, we still have a musty odour after washing.
Our Siemens machine is 6 months old.

The answer on your mail from Siemens was that you have to contact them, i'am sooooo curious if they gave you an solution? and if they that, what is the solution?

I realy appreciate your answer.

Kind regards
Mandy from the Netherlands will you please send the anser to this email. [email removed]

mollye57

Hello Mandy, after many frustrating and sadly some rude phone calls with Siemens staff members and also disappointing customer service with their preferred maintenance contractor in our home town, it was simply by speaking with a different staff member from Siemens that we discovered the type of 'front load' detergent you use makes a huge difference to your wash. We were not told that there are different thicknesses of detergent on the market and that Siemens prefer you to use 'Omo' because it's not as grainy as other front load detergents. I discovered for myself that the detergent dispensing cylinder located inside the detergent drawer was blocked up with an overload of thick detergent and so our washing was not being washed!! I had to put through a lot of empty hot wash loads to try and clear the blockage. Eventually it did clear. Unfortunately we were charged a fee of $100 by the maintenance contractor to come and look at our machine. He did nothing, but because this complaint did not fall within the warranty guidelines, there would be a charge, even though Siemens did not specify to us to use their preferred laundry detergent. For a while, we used the detergent pods. You just throw them in with the wash and they actually worked great and the clothes smelt wonderful. But this defeats the purpose of having the automatic dispenser. One thing that the maintenance contractor did do earlier on was to reset the amount of laundry liquid dispensed. He was able to increase it somehow but I don't know what he did. I'm back to using the liquid again but now the drain plug in the dispensing drawer is leaking and every time I do a wash, I end up with a trail of laundry detergent from the drawer right down the front of the machine and onto the floor!! I have been trying to contact Siemens but there seems to be a problem with their phone line. I can't get through. I have to say that in the three years since having our machine, I am disappointed with it. We paid top dollar for it thinking that we were buying this wonderful German made product but sadly there seems to be one problem after another. In the first 12 months, the mother board went and we were without a washing machine for weeks. Thankfully, after making a complaint, we were reimbursed the amount it cost me to take my washing to a laundromat for that period of time. I'm sorry for being rather negative but I hope that by changing your detergent and getting a maintenance contractor to reset/increase the amount of liquid dispensed that this will improve the freshness of your washing.
Good luck and kind regards,
Janet

See all Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU / WM16Y892AU questions

Get an answer from our members and Siemens representatives

Siemens iQ800 WM16Y890AU