South Pacific Health Club Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Eva

Evaasked

Why is it so difficult to cancel gym membership? It leaves me with a very bad feeling about the gym despite previously having really enjoyed it.....

Bobbi P

Bobbi Pasked

I already have an MSAC aquatic membership and want to supplement this with a gym membership at Port Melbourne as it is walking distance. They do not seem to advertise any pricing which I find suspicious. Can anyone share some info before I go in?

blake

blakeasked

is anyone signed up for their 5 days trail membership and want to cancel but they refused to do that?

Ruth

They said only the person I signed up with could do it and I had to email him. I emailed and he didn't reply so I cancelled my credit card.

Alexandra Hirstasked

What are the membership prices??

Claire D.South Pacific Health Club

Which Club are you wanting to join Alexandra?

Port melbourne

Fran
Fran

Join another club

Mumbles

Mumblesasked

My office is moving to the building next door to the Bourke Street gym. I was doing my research thinking I would join. I am very put off by the unanswered comments about problems cancelling membership. What reassurance can you give me that if I do join but change my mind I won't get the run around?

Claire D.South Pacific Health Club

Thank you for your query.

I can confirm that we do have committal and non-committal memberships so if you can't commit to 12 months than there's options to go monthly.

As this has come through the marketing department can you please contact the City Club Manager Madeleine Pritchard on madeleine@southpacifichc.com.au. She will look after you.

Thank you.

From the Marketing Department at South Pacific Health Clubs

Ruth

This gym might say you can cancel but will make it difficult. Join another gym.

Angeasked

Hi, just wondering how we can get the Pt Melb gym cleaned regularly? There have been many reports by numerous members to reception with no change but to be told there is regular adequate cleaning, windows, walls, surfaces, mirrors disgusting and had become worse over the the last 6 months. Who is responsible? This was a spakling new gym which now looks like a 2 x star motel gym.

SPHC Port Melb
SPHC Port Melb

Hi Ange, my name is Nick Corsini and I’m the Club Manager of South Pacific Port Melbourne. I can assure you that our club is cleaned 7 days per week and I’m happy to show you a cleaning schedule that occurs at our club. I do apologise however that you feel this way and I’m determined to change this. Would it be ok to have a conversation with you over the phone to receive your feedback and understand which parts of the gym exactly that you are unhappy with? This would help me understand exactly which areas need the most work and help us make the club a better place for you to train.
If so, please feel free to let me know your details by sending them to nick@southpacifichc.com.au or feel free to continue this conversation via email if you like. Thanks.

Ange

Great will do , aware there is a cleaning program , but dismal effort over last six months , happy to get a contact to discuss thank you

Ange

3 years later even worse despite ongoing complaints regarding filthy gym....

Eand

Eandasked

Can you join for 1 month to try it out but pay cash so not to have any problems in cancelling if you are not happy as revies above ?

John
John

Allanor

Allanorasked

What is the management like? If you have feedback or a concern or question, do they get back to you?

Gina_Betula
Gina_Betula

Hi Allanor,
I asked the staff several times to give me the contact details to the owner/gym manager as I was not getting anywhere with the staff. I was again given the run around and no one would ever pass on the details. I was then put onto the PT "manager" who was rude, arrogant and patronising who promised me he would resolve the issue after several emails and phone calls back and forth he dragged the issue out over several weeks, made many false promises and then I did not hear from him ever again, despite my numerous attempts again via email and phone call. I ended up having to call the SPHC St Kilda (again) and having one of the customer service managers there resolve the matter. She was able to have it done in just a couple of days after I had been messed around by several different staff members at the gym. My advice to you, go to another gym. It was quite honestly one of the most draining and time consuming "customer service" experiences I have ever experienced.

CNart
CNart

Yep seems to be a common consensus about this company. More and more clubs coming up so they will have to start focusing on their product and not the result (money)

not happy
not happy

No they don't. You can try email, phone calls or going in there, but you do not get the customer services that you deserve (nor pay for!).
If you have the contact details of the owner, that would be great, as I would hope that they would want to hear about some of these types of customer experiences, I know I would if it was my business.

Get an answer from our members and South Pacific Health Club representatives