Spinaleze Pillows Questions & Answers

65 questions from our users

Angela

Angelaasked

Spinaleze Medium Pillow

I received my pillow a few days ago, but it has a strong chemical smell I have tried sleeping on it the last two nights but the smell is strong and I haven’t been able to sleep on it.
I thought it might pass after a couple of days but the smell is still strong,
This is the third pillow I have purchased from spinaleze and I have never had this issue before.
Can you please contact me and let me know what to do.

Dear Angela ,

The Spinaleze pillows are made in Australia on a daily basis , as soon as a customer places an order their Spinaleze pillow is immediately made giving it a newly fresh smell . Please note that Spinaleze pillows are not imported or stored for weeks /months/years . It is important they are freshly made upon every order. You will find the freshness smell will dissipate in about 2 weeks , just like getting into a brand new car with leather seats and the new smell dissipating .
You may remove the 100% cotton cover wash the cover and air the Spinaleze pillow in the shade for couple of days. Do not wash the Spinaleze pillows.
Thank you again for your question and please let me know if I can be of further help , you can email us directly on info@spinaleze.com.au

Richard D.

Richard D.asked

Spinaleze Medium Pillow

My Spinaleze pillow has gone yellow, how can I wash it ??

SpinalezeSpinaleze

Hi Richard , Thank you for your question. The Spinaleze pillows are not yellow in colour , they are a white colour. The Spinaleze pillows are GECA health certified anti microbial and anti bacterial and there is no need to wash them. As we don't monitor product reviews regularly , please email us directly on info@spinaleze.com.au for further help

Jess Elliott

Jess Elliottasked

Spinaleze Pillows

My husband has arthritis in his neck and is constantly waking up with a head ache as well, will this pillow help him?

Sam
Sam

Hi Jess , give it a try as it help me and my wife with proper posture . If you in Sydney I would suggest you to visit clinic and give a try .

Dear Jess ,

Thank you for your email.
The Spinaleze pillow has helped thousands of people
There is no comparison to the UNIQUE Spinaleze pillow – see reasons below

What customers don’t realize is that they need to support the distance between the tip of their shoulders to the side of their neck when sleeping on the side.
Otherwise the neck will be in a consistent kinked position all night.
The Spinaleze pillows have been thoroughly a) RESEARCHED and b) CLINICALLY TRIALLED ON PATIENTS over a decade to get the perfect support and luxurious comfort for your Spine.
There are two parts to the Spinaleze pillow which are important :
1. Researching and developing here in Australia the one of a kind UNIQUE LUXURIOUS MATERIAL (this MUST be right for it to work on the Spine).
2. Engineering the pillow shape for MAXIMUM SUPPORT (this also MUST be right for it to work on the Spine).

IT’S NOT JUST A PILLOW IT’S A COMPLETE NECK SUPPORT SYSTEM – Spinaleze

Peter B.asked

Spinaleze Pillows

If I buy a high profile and it is to high can I exchange it for a medium profile one.

Purchaser
Purchaser

Yes contact them and they’ll exchange with in 30 days

Thank you for a reply.

SpinalezeSpinaleze

Hi Peter , Yes you can , email us on info@spinaleze.com.au or help@spinaleze .com.au within 30 days

Laura C.asked

Spinaleze Pillows

I toss between back and side sleeping through the night and can't find a pillow that supports both without having to be flipped or adjusted in some way. Does this pillow support both without needing to be moved/flipped or altered? TIA

I am a side sleeper and it took a month or two until I was very comfortable. It gives wonderful support to the neck and generally feel better in the morning. I am not sure about lying on your back but in short periods I found no problem. It is the only pillow to give proper support. You may pay more but it is good quality and made in Australia. I have had it for nearly 3 years and it does not smell as the pillow has had antibacterial treatment. I take the pillow with me wherever I go. Hope this helps.

Laura C.

thank you, but I sleep predominantly on my back with intervals on my side, and change during the night while I'm asleep, which is why I can't find anything that helps. I have used contoured high, medium and low in normal and memory foam and spent even more than this several times over! To get the support I need for my side sleeping means it's too high for my back, and what's good for my back seems to be too low for my side?! I am hoping a spinaleze rep can shed some insight into whether this pillow could help me. Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

Dear Laura,

Thank you for your email.
The Spinaleze Medium profile pillow would suit . It will shape around your head and neck .
You will find that you are tossing up on your old pillow wether to sleep on your side then back because your neck is not supported well with that pillow and your trying to find a comfortable position.
If your sleeping on your side with it then tuck it in close to your neck.
If you sleep occasionally on your back you can also sleep with the tip of your shoulders on top of the Spinaleze pillow when sleeping on your back if you like as well.
The Spinaleze pillows will contour around the shape of your neck , just make sure the Spinaleze tuck’s in close to the neck.

Let me know if I can be of further help

You can go to our website to order www.spinaleze.com.au You can call us on 1300 886 345

Kerry D.

Kerry D.asked

Spinaleze Pillows

are spinaleze pillows good for people with sleep apnea

Dear Kerry ,

There is no comparison to the UNIQUE Spinaleze pillow see reasons below
There are a lot of research papers indicating by supporting and positioning the neck in alignment may have a direct relationship with the airways. See research papers below.
If the neck is in a kinked position when sleeping then it may cause neck pain . but there are a lot of other conditions that can cause neck pain eg. Arthritis.

Otherwise the neck will be in a consistent kinked position all night.
There are two parts to the Spinaleze pillow which are important :
Please see the links about Sleeping on a supportive pillow alignment of the neck and helping Sleep apnea
References:
The effect of body posture on sleep-related breathing disorders: facts and therapeutic implications. Arie Oksenberg, 1, , Donald S. Silverberg2 Sleep Medicine Reviews. Volume 2, Issue 3, August 1998, Pages 139162
S E Martin, I Marshall, and N J Douglas “The effect of posture on airway caliber with the sleep-apnea/hypopnea syndrome.” American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, Vol. 152, No. 2 (1995), pp. 721-4. doi: 10.1164/ajrccm.152.2.7633733
The effects of posture on obstructive sleep apnea. McEvoy RD, Sharp DJ, Thornton AT. The American Review of Respiratory Disease [1986, 133(4):662-666]
The American Sleep Apnea Association. http://www.sleepapnea.org/learn/sleep-apnea.html
Center for Disease Control: Insufficient Sleep is a Public Health Epidemic. http://www.cdc.gov/features/dssleep/

FURTHER REFERENCES
1. Kushida CA, Rao S, Guilleminault C, Giraudo S, Hsieh J, Hyde P, Dement WC. Cervical positional effects on snoring and apneas. Sleep Res Online. 1999;2(1):7-10.

2. Makofsky HW. Snoring and obstructive sleep apnea: does head posture play a role? Cranio. 1997 Jan;15(1):68-73.

3. Kushida CA, Sherrill CM, Hong SC, Palombini L, Hyde P, Dement WC. Cervical positioning for reduction of sleep-disordered breathing in mild-to-moderate OSAS. Sleep Breath. 2001 Jun;5(2):71-8.

4. Shiroh I, Atsuko T, Yugo T, Teruhiko I, Takashi N. Influences of head positions and bite opening on collapsibility of the passive pharynx. J Appl Physiol 97: 339-346, 2004.

5. Nakano H, Ikeda T, Hayashi M, Ohshima E, Onizuka A. Effects of body position on snoring in apneic and nonapneic snorers. Sleep. 2003 Mar 15;26(2):169-72.

6. Oksenberg A, Khamaysi I, Silverberg DS, Tarasiuk A. Association of body position with severity of apneic events in patients with severe nonpositional obstructive sleep apnea. Chest. 2000 Oct;118(4):1018-24.

7. Mador JM Body position during sleep influences the frequency of apneas and hypopneas in 50 to 60% of individuals with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), Chest. 2005;128:2130-2137.

8. Zuberi NA, Rekab K, Nguyen HV. Sleep apnea avoidance pillow effects on obstructive sleep apnea syndrome and snoring. Sleep Breath. 2004 Dec;8(4):201-7.

9. Chaudhary BA, Chaudhary TK, Kolbeck RC, Harmon JD, Speir WA Jr. Therapeutic effect of posture in sleep apnea. South Med J. 1986 Sep;79(9):1061-3.

SPINALEZE
A GREAT Day Starts with a Good Night’s Sleep

Michael
Michael

I bought the Spinaleze pillow to support my head neck and back , i have sleep apnea and i use a cpap machine which i have used for 15 years and will continue using it with my Spinaleze pillow.

Susan M

Susan Masked

Spinaleze Medium Pillow

Can you get extra pillow cases for your pillow thank Susan

David_casa
David_casa

Hi Susan, Im not sure, you will have to contact Spinaleze

Hi Susan ,
Yes you can purchase extra Spinaleze pillow cases on our website www.spinaleze.com.au . Also a normal pillow case fits our Spinaleze pillow .

Manni

Manniasked

Spinaleze Medium Pillow

I have had my medium spinaleze pillow now for 3 years and it seams it’s not working well for me anymore. Wake up with a saw neck every day. It was perfect for a year and then it changed. Purchased a high profile one just to try but it’s to high for me I’m only 160 cm.
Any idea why it’s not working anymore?

Thanks Manuela

SpinalezeSpinaleze

Dear Manni , Thank you for your email. Because your 160cm in height , the Spinaleze Medium profile size not the High profile size . There could be a number of factors , have you seen your physician to examine you to investigate if there is any underlying issues . Let me know if i can be of further help at info@spinaleze.com.au

Andrew Nimarota

Andrew Nimarotaasked

Spinaleze Pillows

I wake up a lot every night probably sleep 5 hrs max use to it up 3am every morning I’m a courier 6ft tall weight 110 kg what do recommend listening on 2GB every day an they recommended this pillow my wife might need 1 too if this pillow is good

SpinalezeSpinaleze

Hi Andrew , Thank you for your question . The Spinaleze Medium pillow would suit you . You may progress to the high profile pillow when you neck has had a chance to align with the Medium sized FIRST .
Let me know how uou go , you can email me on info@spinaleze.com.au . You can purchase your Spinaleze MEDIUM profile pillow at www.spinaleze.com.au

Louise Thomas

Louise Thomasasked

Spinaleze Pillows

I am a stomach sleeper and get a lot of migraines and headaches. Could a spinaleze pillow help me? Regards Louise.

Dear Louise ,

Thank you for your email. You poor thing , suffering alot of migraines is a terrible thing.

Sleeping on your stomach can cause kinking of your neck and can also as a result cause a headache., Your sleeping on your stomach probably because you have not found a comfortable enough pillow to sleep on.
I would recommend you start on your side with a pillow that you will find comfortable and supportive being the Spinaleze Medium pillow.
Once you experience the comfort and support , you will not want to sleep on your tummy.
You may call us on 1300 886 345 or go to our website www.spinaleze.com.au

Fromageasked

Spinaleze Medium Pillow

Hello, I have a Koala memory foam pillow that is working very well for neck pain. Unfortunately, the offgassing has given me a constant headache and cough. Hence, I am looking for a new pillow. Are the chemicals in your memory foam completely reacted and inert? Any fire retardants? Thanks.

IanKarantz
IanKarantz

Can I sleep with a pillow under my spinal eze pillow?

SpinalezeSpinaleze

Thank you for your questions. Yes you may place another pillow under the Spinaleze pillow .... but you will find you wont need to with the uniquely designed Spinaleze pillow which comes in 3 different profile sizes (refer to www.spinaleze.com.au) . The Spinaleze pillows are an aerated visco lightweight material made here in Australia under the strictest guidelines and achieving the best and stringent GECA certification. Spinaleze pillows are freshly made upon order and are NOT imported which sit around for months in a warehouse accumulating smell. We thank you again for taking the time to ask us your questions.

Fromage

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have to tell you, I am not a chemphobe. I have a severe metabolic disorder. I asked you two specific questions that required Yes/No answers. Your response is evasive, and attempts to divert with positive buzz words. FYI, GECA set out standards for foam products. There is no "best and stringent GECA certification". And there is no geca standard for foam to be used in pillows. Secondly, memory foam smells worst when it is freshest. This is due to offgassing of VOCs. It beggars belief that you don't know that. The "strictest guidlines" to which you refer, do not exist. Sales talk is your prerogative. Health is mine. You do not need to respond, unless it is to respond to my initial questions with yes, or no answers. Thanks.

Jerina S.

Jerina S.asked

Spinaleze Pillows

Are you selling or deliver to Europe??

Dear Jerina ,

Yes we can.
Because we are a small but specialized clinic in Sydney who engineered designed and developed the Spinaleze pillows in Australia , we mainly focus on supplying here in Australia.
You can still purchase a Spinaleze pillow by buying of our website www.spinaleze.com.au , it will calculate the postage for you . Due to the pillow being a bulky item the postage is calculated at a cubic measurement rate.
Let me know if you need my help , just email us at help@spinaleze.com.au
So sorry for the inconvenience , hopefully one day we can be big enough to supply the whole world at a much cheaper postage cost.

Tikers

Tikersasked

Spinaleze Pillows

Hi, I’m interested in buying a Spinaleze pillow. However I’m a person of short stature (157cm). I predominantly sleep on my side but shift to my back too. Would you still recommend the medium profile pillow? Or would a low profile or even the child pillow (which I’ve had to purchase in other brands before) be best? Thanks.

Dear Tikers ,

Thank you for your email.
Great question ... start of with the Spinaleze low profile pillow for about a year so your spine can align gently then progress to the Spinaleze Medium profile pillow .
There is a curve in the neck called the cervical lordosis develops at young age and maintains throughout.
This taken into account into developing the Low Spinaleze profiles.
The Spinaleze material is a special unique patented aerated material made in Sydney that allows the air cells to squish and conform to the curvature of the lordotic neck
Generally when choosing the Spinaleze pillow go with measurements of your height (see our website Spinaleze.com.au) , but in your unique circumstances start of with the Spinaleze low profile pillow .

Just remember whatever position your start to sleep in the Spinaleze will provide you with the support you need to stay in that position throughout the night.

Thanks ,

Denise Nasked

Spinaleze Medium Pillow

Hi there. I am a side sleeper and have severe arthritis of the neck, spine and shoulders. I am finding I wake up a lot on and off through the night and often wake with a headache. Would you suggest the Spinaleze Medium Pillow as the pillow of choice for me? Thank you.

Dear Denise ,

Thank you for your email.
Arthritis can cause anyone a lot of pain ... i feel for you .. and hopefully i can help.
There is no comparison to the UNIQUE Spinaleze pillow see reasons below
What customers/patients don’t realize is that they need to support the distance between the tip of their shoulders to the side of their neck when sleeping on the side.
Otherwise the neck will be in a consistent kinked position all night and you will toss and turn all night to try and find a comfortable position !!!
The Spinaleze pillows have been thoroughly a) RESEARCHED and b) CLINICALLY TRIALED ON PATIENTS over a decade to get the perfect support and luxurious comfort for your Spine.

IT’S NOT JUST A PILLOW IT’S A COMPLETE NECK SUPPORT SYSTEM Spinaleze

Thank you!

My Pleasure Denise , glad i could help

Perc

Percasked

Spinaleze Pillows

what are the pillows made of?

Dear Perc ,
Thank you for your question , the Spinaleze pillows are made in Australia of a unique Visco elastic AERATED Ultrafresh material . Anti-microbial and anti-bacterial and anti-dustmite .

frankasked

Spinaleze Pillows

Hi Spinaleze Rep I am interested your products and think they may of benefit to me , But I am put of by the high rotation Ad campaign that sound ,well doubtful . I wonder if you could tell what percentage of the purchase price go to these adverts as compared to the actual products . Regards Frank Mc Rae

SpinalezeSpinaleze

Dear Frank , Thank you for your interest in our Australian made Spinaleze. We hope to help as many people as possible in enjoying a healthier and restful sleep . We thank you again.

frank

Hi Spinaleze rep thanks for your quick reply , But as you know ,you have totally disregarded my Question ,But I suppose that's a answer in itself . Regards Frank.

JJR

JJRasked

Spinaleze High Profile Pillow

I fall asleep on my back and change positions equally between back and side throughout the night.
I am 6 foot in height, female with fairly broad shoulders. Struggling to determine what pillow height to get?

robyn5

Hi - I don’t work for Spinaleze. Give their Customer Service a call on 1300 886345 - they are better equipped to advise. :)

Dear JJR ,

Thank you for your email.
If your sleeping on your side with it then tuck it in close to your neck.

Jay Kay

Jay Kayasked

Spinaleze Pillows

What measurement constitutes broad shoulders?

robyn5

Hi - No idea ? - Maybe call Spinaleze Customer Service and ask which pillow right for you. :)

SpinalezeSpinaleze

Thank you for query. Spinaleze clinical trials have found those humans above 6ft require the High Profile pillow and constituting them as broad shoulders , please stick to the rule below....

You can find all the relevant details by going to: https://www.spinaleze.com.au/collections/all-products.

Its FREE delivery nationwide.

Guide :

Back Sleepers for ALL Heights
Spinaleze Low Profile Pillow is for sleepers who sleep on their back 90-100% of the time.

Side Sleepers UNDER 6ft. in Height
Spinaleze Medium Profile Pillow is for sleepers who predominantly sleep on their side and if you are 1.80m (6ft) or UNDER that in height.

Side Sleepers OVER 6ft. in Height
Spinaleze High Profile Pillow is for sleepers who predominantly sleep on your side AND you are over 1.80m (6ft) in height.

Louis

Louisasked

Spinaleze Pillows

How do I know if I need a Low, Medium or High profile pillow. How much is the cost of delivery in Victoria?

Hi Louis

Thank you for query.

Its FREE delivery nationwide.

Alternatively below is a guide:

Tony S

Tony Sasked

Spinaleze Medium Pillow

How do you know what profile is required for each individual

Hi Tony,
Thank you for query.

Alternatively below is a guide:

Darryl
Darryl

Hi Tony
I’m 175cm and sleep on both sides and my back. Iv’e got the medium and it’s just right.
First nights use and my neck pain gone. I’m not sure what makes it work but it does.
Just try it.

Get an answer from our members and Spinaleze representatives