SsangYong Stavic

A100.I / A100 Euro IV, A100.II

100 questions from our users

Jim Wallaceasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Anyone had problem with the radiator fan unit getting electrical short on 2014 Stavic, throwing car into limp mode. Dealer advising whole unit needs to be replaced at AUD1600 just for the parts.

Jonathan C.

Jonathan C.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Hi everyone I'm just wondering why 2015 SsangYong stavic airbag ligt went on the dash.? Can anyone pls give an advice. Thanks

Banyek

Wow, so many possible reasons. First of all working on airbag systems requires knowledge and caution ,doing anything wrong can trigger the airbags etc which can lead to injury and monetary losses. Strictly speaking disturbing airbag components actually requires the system to be disarmed first with the appropiate diagnostic tool. Do not use multimeter. Airbag system has many components. Actual airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, clock spring in the steering wheel, crash sensors on the sides and front, control module. A fault with any of these will bring on the airbag light. Most common is the clock spring (cable drum) and people stuffing objects under the front seats and disturbing the connections (plugs) in the process. You can check the latter. Disconnect the battery, wait for 30 minutes to allow capacitors which store energy in case battery gets disconnected during the crash before the airbags need to go off to discharge, and check that no plugs have come apart under the seat. Apart from that, you'll need a diagnostic tool which will pinpoint the fault. Time to visit your Ssangyong dealer for a quick and accurate diagnosis.

Jim Wallace

its the wiring harness under the passenger front seat that is the problem.

Nicoletteasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a 2013 Stavic diesel and constantly makes a rattling sound when I reverse or push the accelerator half way down. The noise is louder and rather emabarrassing, however the mechanic said it appears to be engine internally and would cost thousands to fix but is just the sound of the diesel. Has anyone else had this issue?

Banyek

Ok. So if it costs thousands to fix it's NOT a JUST. You may want to ask another mechanic with a slightly more professional approach. As for most people including me, there are so many different types of rattles and noises, that can come from an engine and people's perception of rattle, without hearing it, it would be irresponsible to come to conclusions.

Thank you, I will get a 2nd opinion. Appreciate your replying

Jim Wallace

I found that the pipe for the transmission dip stick was resting against part of the motor and rattling, I simply moved it away a bit and problem solved

Marc A.

Marc A.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Howdy, I'm looking at a 2014 a100 stavic with no reverse camera screen. How good are the parking sensors? Its a lease car and im unable to fit an aftermarket system if I go ahead.

Nicolette

My parking scensors are fantastic and spot on.

Stavic (2005-2015)

My Stavic 270 2011 model’ battery went dead after standing for a long time. I did not want to start although we replaced computer box, glow plugs and fuel injectors. What may be the problem? Please help

Stavic (2005-2015)

My Ssang Yong Stavic 2011 battery went dead. When we tried to start it it did not want to start. I have replaced glo plugs as well as computer box and diesel Injectors. Still doesn’t want to start. What may be the problem?

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a 2011 Ssang Yong Stavic. The battery went dead and the people who worked on it did some damage to it. When the battery was charged, the engin turn but it would not start. The Auto electrician changed the computer box and later even all the Diesel Injectors were changed. I believe the glo plugs are ok. The engin still turn but does not want to start, they dont know what the problem is , Any possible answers?

Banyek

There are only a few reasons for a common rail diesel engine not to start. 1 no compression in the engine (check compression) , 2 no fuel pressure, (use diagnostic tool to compare commanded and actual rail pressure) 3 injectors are not getting command to open (immobiliser disabling fuel injection). second and third should bring on check engine light or immobiliser light) In your case I would say it's the third scenario. Any mechanic /Auto Electrician should be able to diagnose it, but I advise to get a ssangyong specialist involved to avoid further hit and miss. I think they already replaced functioning components.

Eventually!! Many Thanks
Louis

Ariane

Arianeasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a Ssangyong Stavic 2005 . Recently had service and oil changed . Weather has been rainy . Since 2 days there is a noise ( loud buzzing) coming from under the steering wheel .The noise does not stop when the engine is off. When I checked all the fuse nothing was wrong with it . What would it be ?

Mich E

Mich Easked

Stavic (2005-2015)

The lights on the gearstick aren't lit anymore. Well P and R aren't. Are these individual globes please? And how do I replace please?

Redasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

2006 SsangYong stavic deasil went to put 25 buks apro 12_15 litres in straight after running rough wanting to stool drove home to check the fuel smells like unleaded but I know I put diesel in without a doubt no joke!! But it wouldn't start after that trip the next morning it bearly started shuttering rough as .. can I drain it threw water separator flush with diesel fuel n out threw separator to pass it then off I go please I need some good news please

Red

Any help b greatly appreciated as I've gotta wait 48 hrs before RAA will even look at it omg

Lisa B.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

My 2009 Stavic won't start. It has been towed to mechanic twice and each time it has started for them. They replaced battery and glow plugs. I drove it home but now it is not starting again.

Had

Make sure none of your interior lights are staying on draining your battery.

Apart from that try lock and unlock the car to disable the security system and make sure you put your foot on the brake before you try and start it.

Lisa B.

Thankyou for your reply. The battery is good...brand new in fact. I did your last suggestion and it didn't start the engine.

Harry M.
Harry M.

Had a similar problem with our 2012 Stavic. Initially, they thought the problem was air getting into the fuel system. After replacing all kinds of things in the fuel lines, including a new fuel pump (all to no avail), they discovered that it was a problem with the injectors themselves...needed replacing. All good now. Bad news...it's a very expensive repair.

Tracey B.

Tracey B.asked

Stavic A100.II (2009-2015)

Ran over a 4wd bottle jack yesterday driving on a highway driving at 100kms an hour. It appears to have damaged the front subframe/ cross member ... and has torn a hole in the oil sump . Is this something that will be easily fixed. I couldn’t drive car after I hit the jack as all the oil drained out . I have had this car since new so am happy with it. Just wondering what I need to know re repairs . Thanks for your advice

Aah K.

You won't know until you take it to a reliable repairer. If you have comprehensive insurance, that might help to pay.

Rob

Robasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Air conditioning not working cooling fan not turning on got another one same problem

Aah K.

First... check the fuses for those things. You'll find that the cover which hides the fuses, has a diagram that includes names for what each fuse protects

Woodward G.asked

Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV (2005-2008)

Gday all. Merry Xmas.
Im working on a Stavic 2007 A100 2.7l Turbo Diesel only done 77k. It has a 4WD check light that wont go out and when you drive it it wont change out of 1st gear. It started a month ago and I stopped put in park turn off engine and wait 10 secs, then of shed go again all ok. But now the 4WD check light is on permanently.
I got a emanualsonline manual for it but its little better than the owners manual.
Any clues ??
IMac

Woodward G.asked

What can I do if check 4WD warning light comes on

Had

I think the Stavic only came out as a 2 wheel drive vehicle.

Woodward G.

If it was 2wd why would it have a warning light in the instruement cluster that says check 4WD.
the Stavic was/is an all wheel drive vehicle that also has a selectable hi low range change for difficult terrain..
Onya had
Is anyone else game enough to "had" a guess.

mick66

mick66asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Hi I have a SsangYong Stavic 2005 Diesel having trouble starting it - when switching ignition on engine light will not come on therefore will not turn on, If I leave the ignition on for a while (approx. 20 min) then switch the ignition off then immediately back on the engine light comes on and then it will start. However lately it is taking longer and longer to do this. We have replaced a few sensors and also had the keys tested. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks.

I have ssangyong stavic 2014 the snap damage the tensioner where can i buy one

Stavic (2005-2015)

Driving belt snap my mechanic try to put on but hard need help

Stavic (2005-2015)

How to replace driving belt

Glen

Glenasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

How to replace the third brake light bulbs