SsangYong Stavic

110 questions from our users

Addin M.

Addin M.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

My SsangYong Stavic 2013's Turbo won't spin, I haven't done much to fix it. Anyone can give me some ideas on how to overcome this problem? Thank you..

Van V.

Van V.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Timing belt for Ssangyong Stavic Diesel 2012?

Peter B

Timing chain fitted not a belt.

one of the reasons for purchasing a Ssangyong Stavic. Less maintenance costs

Hapa C.

Hapa C.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Heater will not turn off when I turn air-conditioning on

Banyek

Sounds like the flap that changes the path of the air is stuck either the actuator that moves the flap is faulty plug is loose or something plastic broke. Most cars you have to remove the whole dashboard to get to it.

Austin M.asked

Stavic A100.II (2009-2015)

Car is losing ability to accelerate at times. I have changed the fuel filter cartridge but the the problem persists intermittently. Overall the cars performance is down on what it usually is. What else could be causing this?

Austin M.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

My engine won't accelerate at times. I have changed the fuel filter but the problem persists and the performance is poor.

Peter B

There are a number of things that can cause this problem. depending on the type of use the vehicle has been given. short trips where the engine does not get really hot cause buildups in the combustion areas residue /gums in the injectors etc. I would start by buying a good quality fuel treatment such as Pro-ma diesel treatment that not only cleans the fuel system but also removes any water buildup. I would also take it for a long drive of several hours. check that the air filter is reasonably clean. This is now I would start.

Austin M.

I always add a feel additive when I top up the tank. I also had the air filter changed not long ago. The car generally has good long runs when used and the problem with accelerating happens at odds times. Is there another filter in the Tank or could it be a problem with glow plugs or pump?

MOHasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

hi I have 2014 ssangyong stavic, doesn't have dipstick to check the level transmission fluid .
Anybody knows how to check and what temperature when u checking.
Tnx

Banyek

Yes, it's a tough one, there is a dipstick tube but no dip stick, it's a special tool only Ssangyong dealaers have, they don't sell them/you can't buy them. Some of them don't have it themselves and don't even know that there is a dipstick tube. Also make sure you top it up with special fluid not DEX III. Best source of information is ssangyongclub.co.uk, after registration you can download workshop manuals detailing how to check oil level. There is also a picture with the measurements of the dipstick, so you can use anything and just mark it as per the measurements.

MOH

I have changed the transmission filter and oil ,manual book it says 8 litres ,but i put 6 litres, some mechanic told me there will be some fluid in the converter ,so that is what I am not sure about it.
Do I need to add another 2 liters or should be OK.
Tnx

Jessica F.

Jessica F.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I just wondering why my foot brake wont go on and what it could be please

Banyek

If your question refers to the park brake than try to push in the release handle, as sometimes it does not fully retract by itself.

Henry G.

Henry G.asked

I have a ssangyong Stavic 2014
I have problems selecting the reverse gear the shifter seems to lock it in and can’t move it freely

Peter B

I had a problem with a locked gear selector and the cure was effected by replacing the brake light switch however I was locked out of all gears.

Banyek

Brake switch or the actuator that releases the lock under the center console.

Dezeb

Dezebasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

My alarm just keeps randomly going off. Have checked car battery, key fob, what else could it be. Thanks

Banyek

Any of the door switches, or if you have the ultrasonic motion sensor one of them could be playing up.

Simone A.

Simone A.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a Stavic 2007 diesel turbo. It seems when driving it seems to lose its power/no turbo- especially when I drive uphills/hills ! any ideas?

Jim Wallaceasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Anyone had problem with the radiator fan unit getting electrical short on 2014 Stavic, throwing car into limp mode. Dealer advising whole unit needs to be replaced at AUD1600 just for the parts.

Jonathan C.

Jonathan C.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Hi everyone I'm just wondering why 2015 SsangYong stavic airbag ligt went on the dash.? Can anyone pls give an advice. Thanks

Banyek

Wow, so many possible reasons. First of all working on airbag systems requires knowledge and caution ,doing anything wrong can trigger the airbags etc which can lead to injury and monetary losses. Strictly speaking disturbing airbag components actually requires the system to be disarmed first with the appropiate diagnostic tool. Do not use multimeter. Airbag system has many components. Actual airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, clock spring in the steering wheel, crash sensors on the sides and front, control module. A fault with any of these will bring on the airbag light. Most common is the clock spring (cable drum) and people stuffing objects under the front seats and disturbing the connections (plugs) in the process. You can check the latter. Disconnect the battery, wait for 30 minutes to allow capacitors which store energy in case battery gets disconnected during the crash before the airbags need to go off to discharge, and check that no plugs have come apart under the seat. Apart from that, you'll need a diagnostic tool which will pinpoint the fault. Time to visit your Ssangyong dealer for a quick and accurate diagnosis.

Jim Wallace

its the wiring harness under the passenger front seat that is the problem.

Nicoletteasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a 2013 Stavic diesel and constantly makes a rattling sound when I reverse or push the accelerator half way down. The noise is louder and rather emabarrassing, however the mechanic said it appears to be engine internally and would cost thousands to fix but is just the sound of the diesel. Has anyone else had this issue?

Banyek

Ok. So if it costs thousands to fix it's NOT a JUST. You may want to ask another mechanic with a slightly more professional approach. As for most people including me, there are so many different types of rattles and noises, that can come from an engine and people's perception of rattle, without hearing it, it would be irresponsible to come to conclusions.

Thank you, I will get a 2nd opinion. Appreciate your replying

Jim Wallace

I found that the pipe for the transmission dip stick was resting against part of the motor and rattling, I simply moved it away a bit and problem solved

Marc A.

Marc A.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Howdy, I'm looking at a 2014 a100 stavic with no reverse camera screen. How good are the parking sensors? Its a lease car and im unable to fit an aftermarket system if I go ahead.

Nicolette

My parking scensors are fantastic and spot on.

Stavic (2005-2015)

My Stavic 270 2011 model’ battery went dead after standing for a long time. I did not want to start although we replaced computer box, glow plugs and fuel injectors. What may be the problem? Please help

Stavic (2005-2015)

My Ssang Yong Stavic 2011 battery went dead. When we tried to start it it did not want to start. I have replaced glo plugs as well as computer box and diesel Injectors. Still doesn’t want to start. What may be the problem?

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a 2011 Ssang Yong Stavic. The battery went dead and the people who worked on it did some damage to it. When the battery was charged, the engin turn but it would not start. The Auto electrician changed the computer box and later even all the Diesel Injectors were changed. I believe the glo plugs are ok. The engin still turn but does not want to start, they dont know what the problem is , Any possible answers?

Banyek

There are only a few reasons for a common rail diesel engine not to start. 1 no compression in the engine (check compression) , 2 no fuel pressure, (use diagnostic tool to compare commanded and actual rail pressure) 3 injectors are not getting command to open (immobiliser disabling fuel injection). second and third should bring on check engine light or immobiliser light) In your case I would say it's the third scenario. Any mechanic /Auto Electrician should be able to diagnose it, but I advise to get a ssangyong specialist involved to avoid further hit and miss. I think they already replaced functioning components.

Eventually!! Many Thanks
Louis

Ariane

Arianeasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a Ssangyong Stavic 2005 . Recently had service and oil changed . Weather has been rainy . Since 2 days there is a noise ( loud buzzing) coming from under the steering wheel .The noise does not stop when the engine is off. When I checked all the fuse nothing was wrong with it . What would it be ?

Mich E

Mich Easked

Stavic (2005-2015)

The lights on the gearstick aren't lit anymore. Well P and R aren't. Are these individual globes please? And how do I replace please?

Redasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

2006 SsangYong stavic deasil went to put 25 buks apro 12_15 litres in straight after running rough wanting to stool drove home to check the fuel smells like unleaded but I know I put diesel in without a doubt no joke!! But it wouldn't start after that trip the next morning it bearly started shuttering rough as .. can I drain it threw water separator flush with diesel fuel n out threw separator to pass it then off I go please I need some good news please

Red

Any help b greatly appreciated as I've gotta wait 48 hrs before RAA will even look at it omg

Other Midsize / Medium SUVs