SsangYong Stavic

A100.I / A100 Euro IV, A100.II

116 questions from our users

Bill Derbyshireasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Just wondering is the belt easy to change on the Stavic
Cheers

Peter B

It has a timing chain so no timing belt to change

Thanks Peter
It must still have a fan belt though right?
I’m at work and my girlfriend has one and is saying it is making some squealing like a belt is loose. Was going to check it out when I’m home next week

Bill

Billasked

Stavic A100.II (2009-2015)

Remove rear seats

Peter B

Unclip the plastic runner insertsx2. Tip seat backrest forward by lifting lever in middle of seatback. Slid seat rearwards. Lift lower lever pull back and lift up rear of seat which will slide seat out of runner. Seat is heavy to lift out and may need two people if not too strong.

Lishaasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Hi I have a 2005 Stavic and I love it but recently I’ve got a problem with power. Going from 80 to 100 is so slow I can’t power and going up a hill is a definite no no, does any body have any advice?

Banyek

Is the check engine light on? If yes, car is in limp mode. You'll have to take it to ssangyong. They will plug in the diagnostic tool and pinpoint the fault. Has anyone worked on it before this started happening?

Lisha

My mechanic has done services on it and fixed a broken tie rod and yes the engine lit is on.

Banyek

I had an issue like this once after servicing the vehicle under the engine cover next to the oil filter there is a vacuum hose with a T piece which should have a cap on it it's easy to dislodge that cap during servicing take the engine cover off and check that the cap on the T piece is in place. Unfortunately there's no option to attach pictures.

Peter M.

Peter M.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Hi , have just recently changed the automatic belt tensioner on a 2013 stavic, it makes a terrible rattling noise so got a 2nd one thinking it was a maybe faulty part but same noise, there was no noise prior to changing it just noticed the original one the spring was bent bad , how do I get rid of the noise ?

Markus D

Markus Dasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Hi can anyone please point me in the direction of service schedule for 2015 ssangyong Stavic? I need to know what gets serviced every 15000kms. Many thanks in advance.

Glenasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Ssangyong stavic 2014 all the brake lights and the lowbeam headlights not working. Fuses look ok

Did you tow a trailer?

Addin M.

Addin M.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

My SsangYong Stavic 2013's Turbo won't spin, I haven't done much to fix it. Anyone can give me some ideas on how to overcome this problem? Thank you..

Van V.

Van V.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Timing belt for Ssangyong Stavic Diesel 2012?

Peter B

Timing chain fitted not a belt.

one of the reasons for purchasing a Ssangyong Stavic. Less maintenance costs

Hapa C.

Hapa C.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Heater will not turn off when I turn air-conditioning on

Banyek

Sounds like the flap that changes the path of the air is stuck either the actuator that moves the flap is faulty plug is loose or something plastic broke. Most cars you have to remove the whole dashboard to get to it.

Austin M.asked

Stavic A100.II (2009-2015)

Car is losing ability to accelerate at times. I have changed the fuel filter cartridge but the the problem persists intermittently. Overall the cars performance is down on what it usually is. What else could be causing this?

Austin M.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

My engine won't accelerate at times. I have changed the fuel filter but the problem persists and the performance is poor.

Peter B

There are a number of things that can cause this problem. depending on the type of use the vehicle has been given. short trips where the engine does not get really hot cause buildups in the combustion areas residue /gums in the injectors etc. I would start by buying a good quality fuel treatment such as Pro-ma diesel treatment that not only cleans the fuel system but also removes any water buildup. I would also take it for a long drive of several hours. check that the air filter is reasonably clean. This is now I would start.

Austin M.

I always add a feel additive when I top up the tank. I also had the air filter changed not long ago. The car generally has good long runs when used and the problem with accelerating happens at odds times. Is there another filter in the Tank or could it be a problem with glow plugs or pump?

MOHasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

hi I have 2014 ssangyong stavic, doesn't have dipstick to check the level transmission fluid .
Anybody knows how to check and what temperature when u checking.
Tnx

Banyek

Yes, it's a tough one, there is a dipstick tube but no dip stick, it's a special tool only Ssangyong dealaers have, they don't sell them/you can't buy them. Some of them don't have it themselves and don't even know that there is a dipstick tube. Also make sure you top it up with special fluid not DEX III. Best source of information is ssangyongclub.co.uk, after registration you can download workshop manuals detailing how to check oil level. There is also a picture with the measurements of the dipstick, so you can use anything and just mark it as per the measurements.

MOH

I have changed the transmission filter and oil ,manual book it says 8 litres ,but i put 6 litres, some mechanic told me there will be some fluid in the converter ,so that is what I am not sure about it.
Do I need to add another 2 liters or should be OK.
Tnx

Jessica F.

Jessica F.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I just wondering why my foot brake wont go on and what it could be please

Banyek

If your question refers to the park brake than try to push in the release handle, as sometimes it does not fully retract by itself.

Henry G.

Henry G.asked

I have a ssangyong Stavic 2014
I have problems selecting the reverse gear the shifter seems to lock it in and can’t move it freely

Peter B

I had a problem with a locked gear selector and the cure was effected by replacing the brake light switch however I was locked out of all gears.

Banyek

Brake switch or the actuator that releases the lock under the center console.

Dezeb

Dezebasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

My alarm just keeps randomly going off. Have checked car battery, key fob, what else could it be. Thanks

Banyek

Any of the door switches, or if you have the ultrasonic motion sensor one of them could be playing up.

Simone A.

Simone A.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a Stavic 2007 diesel turbo. It seems when driving it seems to lose its power/no turbo- especially when I drive uphills/hills ! any ideas?

Jim Wallaceasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Anyone had problem with the radiator fan unit getting electrical short on 2014 Stavic, throwing car into limp mode. Dealer advising whole unit needs to be replaced at AUD1600 just for the parts.

Jonathan C.

Jonathan C.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Hi everyone I'm just wondering why 2015 SsangYong stavic airbag ligt went on the dash.? Can anyone pls give an advice. Thanks

Banyek

Wow, so many possible reasons. First of all working on airbag systems requires knowledge and caution ,doing anything wrong can trigger the airbags etc which can lead to injury and monetary losses. Strictly speaking disturbing airbag components actually requires the system to be disarmed first with the appropiate diagnostic tool. Do not use multimeter. Airbag system has many components. Actual airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners, clock spring in the steering wheel, crash sensors on the sides and front, control module. A fault with any of these will bring on the airbag light. Most common is the clock spring (cable drum) and people stuffing objects under the front seats and disturbing the connections (plugs) in the process. You can check the latter. Disconnect the battery, wait for 30 minutes to allow capacitors which store energy in case battery gets disconnected during the crash before the airbags need to go off to discharge, and check that no plugs have come apart under the seat. Apart from that, you'll need a diagnostic tool which will pinpoint the fault. Time to visit your Ssangyong dealer for a quick and accurate diagnosis.

Jim Wallace

its the wiring harness under the passenger front seat that is the problem.

Nicoletteasked

Stavic (2005-2015)

I have a 2013 Stavic diesel and constantly makes a rattling sound when I reverse or push the accelerator half way down. The noise is louder and rather emabarrassing, however the mechanic said it appears to be engine internally and would cost thousands to fix but is just the sound of the diesel. Has anyone else had this issue?

Banyek

Ok. So if it costs thousands to fix it's NOT a JUST. You may want to ask another mechanic with a slightly more professional approach. As for most people including me, there are so many different types of rattles and noises, that can come from an engine and people's perception of rattle, without hearing it, it would be irresponsible to come to conclusions.

Thank you, I will get a 2nd opinion. Appreciate your replying

Jim Wallace

I found that the pipe for the transmission dip stick was resting against part of the motor and rattling, I simply moved it away a bit and problem solved

Marc A.

Marc A.asked

Stavic (2005-2015)

Howdy, I'm looking at a 2014 a100 stavic with no reverse camera screen. How good are the parking sensors? Its a lease car and im unable to fit an aftermarket system if I go ahead.

Nicolette

My parking scensors are fantastic and spot on.

SsangYong Stavic (2005-2015)