SsangYong Stavic

SsangYong Stavic (2005-2015) Questions & Answers

A100.II (2009-2015) and A100.I / A100 Euro IV (2005-2008)

85 questions from our users

mick66

mick66asked

Stavic

Hi I have a SsangYong Stavic 2005 Diesel having trouble starting it - when switching ignition on engine light will not come on therefore will not turn on, If I leave the ignition on for a while (approx. 20 min) then switch the ignition off then immediately back on the engine light comes on and then it will start. However lately it is taking longer and longer to do this. We have replaced a few sensors and also had the keys tested. Any ideas would be appreciated thanks.

I have ssangyong stavic 2014 the snap damage the tensioner where can i buy one

Stavic

Driving belt snap my mechanic try to put on but hard need help

Stavic

How to replace driving belt

Glen

Glenasked

Stavic

How to replace the third brake light bulbs

Borjn T.asked

Stavic

i have a 2015 ssangyong stavic the turbo is stuffed found a wrecked one but its a 2005 are they the same thanks

Had

They will be different. 05 and 15 use different engines.

Borjn T.

Ok thanks was not sure if they were the same or not thanks I'll keep looking for one not paying 1250$ for a 2nd hand from the wrecker or 2250 for a new one.....thank again

David Ong

David Ongasked

Stavic

may i know how long about fan belt of ssangyong stavic 2.7? because i bought from use car but the fan belf no number already, now i need to replace but don't know how long is the fan belt, Anyone who can help me or advice, I much appreciate!

Mumof4

Mumof4asked

Stavic

Transmission gone in 2014 auto, mechanic had to replace transmission filter and seal but it is still not working, any ideas please I'm desperate

Pou

Pouasked

Stavic

I bought a brand new ssangyoung stavic year 2014 in 2015 I finished paying it off 4 months ago and now I’m having trouble with the automatic gear Which most of the time got stuck when I try to shift out from P to D or anywhere else or even when I try to shift back to P. This worried me any help please

Had

The selector mechanism is a bit fragile and if the selector is forced it can brake components internally. The actual gearbox normally doesn't have any problems. I would suggest going to a automatic transmission specialist and letting them have a look.

Scott 2013Stavic
Scott 2013Stavic

Hi Pou
My 2013 Stavic did this and after a lot of money we found out it was a blown brake light globe? they have a safety function built in to stop you driving it if the brake lights don't work? there is a little notch at the bottom of the auto selector which if you push in with a 4mm rod you can override the lock and allow you to drive it. Hope this helps

Ismayatimasked

Stavic A100.II

How to remove the fourth row seat

Ismayatim

I am using ssangyong stavic 11 seater. How to remove the fourth row seat?

Ilai taka

Ilai takaasked

Stavic

How far can a stavic travel on a full tank?

shane m

shane masked

Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV

hi have a 2013 ssangyong stavic blows blue smoke randomly weather hot or just after start up seems to do with the particulate filter does not do it on over run or down hill vehicle has done 300k Kms
has a fault code with oxy sensor pops up all the time have another one ordered

Gordon C.

Gordon C.asked

Stavic

How to turn up the idel on my sangyoung action very please?

john

johnasked

Any problem with engine?

None to mention.

Keithber

Keithberasked

Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV

How do change the display illumination level on 2014 static?

Marc Casked

Stavic A100.II

Hi all, I have returned to my 2013 Stavic and have found that my car battery is completely flat. The issue is though that I was able to unlock the car (using the key pad) turned the key and no lights on dash etc. I popped the hood and "jiggled" the terminals - I remembered my Dad doing this years ago and it seemed to work for him lol. Anyway still nothing.. I then thought perhaps if i lock the car again (using the key pad) It may reset the immobilizer or something. No Luck with that also. Now this is where the question is I noticed that I cant even manually use my key to open or unlock the drivers door as the car needs battery (obviously) to work the internal door locks. Not a great system as now i cant open the car nor the bonnet to get access to the battery to replace it or jump start it. Can anyone help please?
Marc

Marc C

ok so I worked out (embarrassingly) that you can open the drivers side door with the key if the battery is dead...You just gotta turn the key anticlockwise in the door lock.... Yep that's the kinda day I had anyway.

Kyle

Kyleasked

Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV

I have a 59 plate ssangyong rodius 2.7 diesel, a mechanic came out to change some glow plugs even though it started fine first time it just had the glow plug light on the dash, when he finnished it wouldn't start it turns over fine and sounds like it isn't getting fuel do you know what is wrong thanks.

Rob J

Rob Jasked

Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV

2013 Stavic Diesel. I would like to know where the Vacuum Lines come from & Go To please ??

Tanya K

Tanya Kasked

Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV

ssangyong actyon sports airbag light staying on ?

Bretto

Brettoasked

Stavic A100.I / A100 Euro IV

Has anybody heard of a WEIGHT SENSOR in the driver’s seat of a Ssanyong that prevents people under a certain weight (46 kg??) from starting the vehicle???

No, I have not, but heck it would be a good idea to have one though.

Get an answer from our members and SsangYong representatives