Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

10 questions from our users

NickiH
NickiHasked

Hi
I got this about a year ago and I went to use it this morning and it won't turn on. I've cleaned the grinders and it's got nothing. I have had no power outages or blow outs and the grinder has been used on average 3 times a week, once a time for the past 12 months. Very disappointing.

Jimmy
Jimmyasked

Hi just got the sunbeam grind fresh conical burr coffee grinder literally 5mins ago! Haven’t even used it yet and on removing the grind adjustment collar as per instruction manual to clean.. the “UNLOCK” button is gone in and not coming out and can’t now close and set a grind! How bad is this . I can see others complaining of same thing?l so obviously a bad design!!!! How do I fix this?

Geoff asked

I bought two grinders one for normal coffee one for decaf. The decaf will only do a course grind, no matter what setting, I have disassembled it and checked all assembly against the correctly operating grinder, but can only get a course grind. Whats happening?

Customer SupportSunbeamSend a private message

Hi Geoff,
Firsty can I ask how old is the grinder?.

Two weeks

Customer SupportSunbeamSend a private message

Hi Geoff,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Swivelfish
Swivelfishasked

Was just cleaning the burrs....I have accidentally placed and turned the collar on my grinder before replacing the hopper.Now it is stuck tight, the lock button is depressed and I cannot move it or remove it to put the hopper on. How can I remedy this please!

Model EM0440

John K
John Kasked

on my grind fresh clean and put head back on turn half way round and has jammed

Wayne C.
Wayne C.asked

i cant get the gates to open. brought yesterday Sunbeam Barista Max

Customer CareSunbeamSend a private message

Hello Wayne C.
There is a toggle on the back of the unit between the hopper and the Grind adjustment collar.
Turn that and the beans will fall to the grinder.

Trent D.
Trent D.
Thomas S-P
Thomas S-Pasked

How do the beans get from the hopper to the grinders? I cannot open the clear plastic blockers between hopper and grinders. Is my alignment of white marks correct when the hopper slots onto the grind collar? In five hours I haven not ground one single bean yet.

Christine
Christine

Sorry Thomas to hear of your problems I don’t have this grinder anymore, I took back to Hervey Norman and upgraded to a Baratza, which gives me more pleasure to use, not to mention a better coffee.

Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message
Cam
Camasked

Hello, we recently purchased a Sunbeam EM6910 coffee machine and the conical burr grinder. I was wondering what the best setting on the grinder was for this type of machine? I know their are many variables in play here but I wanted a starting point.
Cheers

TinBum
TinBumasked

I was recently given a used EM0480 coffee grinder. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be something wrong with it. Although the gind is good it is so slow that it is not worth using. About 3-5 mins for a double shot. Anybody have any ideas?
The only other burr grinder that I use occasionally takes only 10-15 seconds to do the same amount.
I don't feel that I can ask the person who gave it to me as she may think I'm ungrateful.

Chris4394

That's definitely faulty. my EM0440 grinds a double shot on setting 12 in around 8-9 seconds...

don sharp
don sharpasked

Hi my sunbeam coffee grinder no longer grinds the beans fine even on lowest setting the come out coarse Is there a way I can adjust the burr the grinder? It is about 1 year old has had minimal use as I have been getting pre ground coffee

Zdenda
Zdenda
Stewart459
Stewart459
Brendan K.SunbeamSend a private message

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Other Coffee Grinders / Roasters