Talon Ant Killer Gel

Talon Ant Killer Gel Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Tony P.

Tony P.asked

What is the treatment if you get some on your skin?

Lisa

no big deal, just wash it off.

Maurice B.

Maurice B.asked

We have been poisoning ants in our home with talon ant gel for over a week now, ants just love it however still no sign of any effect on the ant numbers. We have used three syringes so far but the ants are still there. How long does it take before the ants start to die?

Penelope S.
Penelope S.

Hi Maurice,
My ants died within a day there were no more ants.
I put a little in various locations around their ant trail, so if they missed one, they would get to another.
I guess you need to get to the queen, If you can find the trail closest to the queen I would put quite a bit there and do not leave other food lying around, like dog/cat food etc.

Lisa

The ants you are battling are probably may be Argentine ants, tiny bronze coloured things, They build super colonies. There are multiple queens in the colony. If your infestation is severe it will take time and patience. Baiting is more effective during winter months as natural food sources become harder to find. Learning all that you can, there is plenty of information online about any pest species online, leaves you better equipped to understand and therefore control them.

Annie C.

Annie C.asked

How toxic is Talon for people and the environment

Marnz
Marnz

Harmful to pets and children, don't know about the environment but guessing since its a chemical then yes. Disposal is wrap in paper then put in a plastic bag then bin.

Sam B.

Sam B.asked

Is there a list of the type of ants this gel kills?

Caz
Caz

No list of ants this attracts ants or kills them. I bought a can of Swat surface spray and sprayed the ant trails a few days ago and they haven't come back. It's from IGA made by Community co $3.46

Lila C.

Lila C.asked

Does it wipe off of tiles easily? Will it stain?

CJ114
CJ114

Hi Lila,
I used it on concrete so don't know about tiles. But if you're concerned, you could always just put it on a piece of plastic/cardboard etc. on top of the tiles. The ants will eat it anyway.

David W

Ros L.asked

Is it toxic to pets?
My kitten ate some.

John L

Sorry, I wouldn't know anything about that.

Pat S

Pat Sasked

Is it available at IGA?

ELJAY
ELJAY

I have found different IGA stores stock different items. I would suggest perhaps ringing the stores in your area.

Rob
Rob

In the IGA where I live it is avaliable

Jim

Jimasked

Is this gel safe if ingested? We stayed in accomodation last night and whilst preparing our dinner realised the kitchen bench top had this gel spread across the preparation area. We disposed of the food that had been in contact, and were told by apartment manager it was harmless but should have been used by cleaners, in cupboards rather than on top of food prep areas. Management have cleaned up kitchen benches this morning. Is it safe for this type of application? what is the active constituent?
Jim

Mrs Smith
Mrs Smith

Yikes!!!. It is very expensive I would be surprised if the spread it around very far. How are you feeling today????.

Lindam
Lindam

If it kills ant nests I wouldn't consider it harmless!! The packaging says "Don't use in areas accessable to kids & pets & do not allow to contact food pet food or their water. If you have any doubt contact poison info centre 131126. active contstiuent 0.1m/kg Thiamethoxam

djb

djbasked

We have very small black ants maybe sugar ants coming out of a power plug
And what some ideas have rtied many different and rids and products without any success
Could you advise me?
Thanking you

Peter
Peter

The only product I have found which is effective for the small black ants we get here is the Talon gel. They completely ignore all the more common treatments such as Antrid. The problem is that, partly due to the uneconomic packaging used for this product, the solution is absurdly expensive. If the product was packaged more economically I suspect I could completely eradicate this pest from my property.

demondot
demondot

I have found Talon Gel to be effective for all types of ants. You only need to use a very small amount. Place it in the path of the ants as close as possible to where you think the nest is. You will see them start to surround the gel as they begin to collect it to take back to their nest. I have the very small ones at the moment surrounding my house from front to back. I have already placed gel in spots along their trail. In a few days almost half of the ants are gone and I only used half a syringe to go around a very large house outdoors. I will be putting another lot down as there were so many, they collected everything I had placed. This is the worst year I have seen for the small black ants since I have lived here. In the past I have found it can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years before I see them again once they are gone. Hope this helps :)

Wally

Wallyasked

Where can Talon Gel be purchased in Perth?

korando curious
korando curious

Hi. I got it from Coles. It is very effective. Took a few syringes to work,but all ants now gone.

Pricey45
Pricey45

I believe it is a Sellys product but the only place I have seen it on sale at Woolworths Supermarket.

Tim