32 questions from our users

Allan Dinnar

Allan Dinnarasked

Corvette GCS484 (450, 4 Stroke)

What fuel is used please?

Shane D.asked

Corvette GCS482 (600, 2 Stroke)

What size mower blades are required please? The handles have broken off as well. Am I able to be a replacement handle?

Thank you.

Shane D.

Sorry. I meant buy replacement handles.

Richie

Richieasked

Corvette

Wat is the most common fault for starting the mower have spark fresh gas n many pulls no go

bjr

Check air filter next. Make sure it’s not clogged, dirty, blocked etc

Ray

Rayasked

Corvette VGMS487 (500, 4 Stroke)

Why is this mower hard to start at least 6 to 10 pulls but after it’s warmed up take about 2 pulls. How come?

bjr

I don’t know if whether or not you find it’s unique to this mower but I find all my power equipment always takes a few pulls when cold.

Generally, it’s because the engine is cold (ie not running at operating temperature). When the engine is not at operating temperature it’s harder to ignite fuel, sump oil is thicker and air is thicker. So, it’s easier to start the mower when hot because the fuel is easier to burn.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Corvette VGMS464 (300, 4 Stroke)

Is the Corvette 300 heavier than the Corvette 100?

bjr

Yes. 31kg vs 26kg. See also Victa website.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Corvette VGCS464 (100, 4 Stroke)

How much does the mower weigh in comparison to the Corvette 200 and 300?

bjr

200 is apparently weighs the same. 300 is 5kg heavier at 31kg. Numbers from victa website.

Don

Donasked

HOW TO REMOVE ENGINE COVER TO CLEAN PLUG

Sorry Don,
I have simply dumped my 18 month old victa and all the associated paper work in the tip!!! I do not want to know about these victas as they are just rubbish/money pits.
I recently bought a new Rover which has been working perfectly.
Cheers, Barry

Warwick

Warwickasked

Corvette

What type of spark plug is fitted to the Victa Corvette 700 lawn mower?

Wal

Walasked

Corvette

my frame is rusted where the handle meet. I need a new frame. everything else is perfect. can this frame be supplied supplied?

speed

This is common with the steel framed Victas. Most mower shops will supply and fit a new deck, but the steel quality is poor, and you'll find the same thing happening within 12 months. If you can, pick up a good, second hand alloy deck.

Paul

Paulasked

Corvette VGMS464 (300, 4 Stroke)

Hi
When I pull the mower it starts to go then runs out of puff oil coming out of front
Just wondering what I can do?
I've checked spark plug air filter oil etc but still no good?

bob
bob

Sounds like a real problem,sorry I can't think what it might be , best you put it in for a good service,,,,Bob..

speed

You may have over-filled the crankshaft. Empty in until the oil is in the correct margin on the dipstick. Clean the air filter and spark plug. It may need to run for 10 minutes to clear the old oil. If it still blows smoke get it serviced.

Paul mok

Paul mokasked

Where is it made?

Carlos T

Carlos Tasked

Corvette VGKS484 (Key Start, 4 Stroke)

I need the spark plug can you help me on the number of the spark plug? thank you

Matt

Mattasked

Corvette VGMS487 (500, 4 Stroke)

Can anyone tell me what spark plug I need for my corvette 500?

Fritznsauce
Fritznsauce

I bought a replacement spark plug for my Victa Corvette 750 19" mower last week (Model No GMS 488)

The spark plug I bought was a Champion RC12YC. Not sure if this spark plug is the right one for your mower? Suggest that you find out the make and model of your mower and engine and ring up a mower place and they can tell you what it should be.

Brent H

Brent Hasked

Corvette GMS484 (725, 4 Stroke)

Just to add to the question put 29/1/2016 the retailer thought they would solve the problem by lifting the engine about 5mm and increasing the revs to 3200rpm from 2800rpm. This had minimal effect but obviously created a further problem as it pushes the chassis further down into the cut area when attempting to cut at the same level. I have to lift the mower up one notch which does not cut the grass low enough. I am no technical person but clearly the problem is with the base plate which does not clear the grass to the catcher but the front wheel. It needs additional guard around the front of the plate and right front wheel. If any one can assist with the name of a good repair centre in Newcastle that can identify this problem please advise. Otherwise it will be a new mower and a waste of some hundreds of dollars thanks to Victa.

brian
brian

I don't own this particular model of Mower though I'd recommend putting it back the way it is . you also have the option of buying another mower altogether

T.O.F.asked

Corvette

Is it possible to change the primer bulb on a victa Corvette 700 series G4 Carby?
thanks.

Niko

sorry Mate, I have no idea, I did not have my corvette long enough :-)

Thanks anyway Niko.

faymax45

faymax45asked

Corvette VGMD489 (19", 4 Stroke)

how much oil capacity?

600 millilitres

Jay

Jayasked

Corvette

My victa corvette 500 will only start with petrol into spark plug hole, priming button seems like not squeezing correctly any ideas appreciated

Niko

Have to determine why the primer is not working. Leak or damaged bulb ? Have to resolve this as primer is required. Having to remove spark plug every time would be a pain. Good luck with it

barryasked

Corvette VGMS486 (400, 4 Stroke)

when is fuel tap on.. is it horizontal or diagonal for on?

Cant you tell which is correct way as it does not want to start at all?

CamPoole

Horizontal. Parallel to the fuel line.

thanks

Peterasked

Corvette

What sixe blades are appropriate for the Victa GMS 486 (650 ,4 stroke) ? 18" or 19"

Many thanks Peter Hulthen Townsville

Peter

Sorry, I meant what size are the blades: 18" or 19 " ?

Peter

Yes I found out they are 19". There are videos on U tube for changing blades and telling you which way to turn your four stoke so that the oil does not flow into the air filter and seize your motor. Always place oil inlet side down and petrol inlet side up. Unhook spark plug first. With whipper snippers don't leave fuel in the tank when finished especially in hot areas as the petrol will slowly evaporate leaving an oil rich mixture which will smoke up the spark plug. Empty the petrol first then restart to use any residual fuel. I wouldn't leave fuel in a two stroke tank either if you live in hot places north of the tropic of Capricorn or even in Brisbane in summer.

Robert Bush

Robert Bushasked

Corvette GCS484 (600, 4 Stroke)

What's the timing points on the motor can anyone tell me please?

CamPoole

As far as I am aware, the timing is preset as these are a CDI ignition equipped engine, and the ignition timing is set by the flywheel. You cannot change the timing like you used to be able to on points equipped engines.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives