Victa Corvette

36 questions from our users

Steven P.

Steven P.asked

Corvette

What is the cutting with?

Michael012

The cutting width for the Corvette 725 is 46cm (18in).

CheekyGirl0183

Check your manual

Phil

Philasked

Corvette 400

How low does the 400 cut !!

Michael012

The current Victa Corvette 400 model has a minimum cutting height of 18mm.

Mary K

Mary Kasked

Corvette

how low does the 400 cut !

Michael012

The current Victa Corvette 400 model has a minimum cutting height of 18mm.

Greg M.asked

Corvette

Is it self propelled or have assisted push facility?

Robert Griffin

Robert Griffinasked

Corvette 400

Self propelled mower not working

Robert Griffin

Robert Griffinasked

Self drive won’t work after 6 months

Norman T.

Norman T.asked

Corvette

I have a Victa Corvette 700 and the pull cord to start has snapped. How do I replace the cord? Your advice and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Omaroo

Hi Norman, I wouldnt know how to do that myself but would check if it is still under warranty and if so take it back to where you bought it

Saro

Saroasked

Corvette 400

Bought a Victa Corvette 400 today. Soon as I got it home before first use front chrome stickers that say VICTA fell off. Whats going on here?

Greg M.

They need to be stuck back on, superglue the thing. It's proof for if ever it breaks down, blame Victa.

Gavin

Gavinasked

Corvette

What size blades would i use for my corvette 700?

Pedro
Pedro

Mine used standard Victa flail blades

Omaroo

sorry, not mechanically minded so wouldn't know. My mower will either be going back to the mower shop to get any work done or get my son to do it for me

Peet S.

Peet S.asked

Corvette

What spark plug does the Corvette 700 use please?

Omaroo

I am not mechanically minded so wouldn't know, when it comes time for any maintenance on this I will surely not be the one doing it!! sorry I am unable to help

Michael012

My Corvette 725 uses a Champion brand RJ19LMC spark plug.

Billasked

Corvette

I have a victa corvette , when I switch it off it keeps running Any ideas why this happens and how do I fix it?

Omaroo

Hi Bill, haven't had this trouble with my mower and wouldn't really know why it would happen, just looked in my manual under trouble shooting but doesn't have that problem. All I could think of is maybe you haven't moved the throttle control to the proper stop position. If it is under warranty I would take it back to where you bought it from. sorry I cant be of much more help but probably the wrong person to ask as not mechanically minded!!

Geoff
Geoff

Depending on the model mower and the mechanism the answers would differ. The very simplest would be that the electrical shorting contact on the throttle mechanism (near the carby) on a B and S motor is not making contact so turning off the motor. If so then something has loosened and slipped and needs adjusting and tightening. Next time the.motor is running observe how the throttle opens and closes to slow the motor. Then to turn it off when it slows, manually push the throttle lever on the carby closed. This is the simplest solution. I had the same problem and that became my usual method of stopping it.

Bill

Thanks fir you help. I noticed the screw that holds the throttle cable in place was loose and the cable had become dislodged from its guide so when backing the throttle off its wouldn’t fully disengage Cheers

Henry P.

Henry P.asked

Corvette

I have a victa corvette 750 mulch when I change the blades do I turn it up or on its side to change blades

Theplug

Theplugasked

Corvette 300

I have looked at all these reviews and I'm in shock with most. Do you people have anything between your ears? Blots etc come lose its called pre check and mantiance of your gear. I'd hate to to see your other equipment.

Richie

Richieasked

Corvette

Wat is the most common fault for starting the mower have spark fresh gas n many pulls no go

bjr

Check air filter next. Make sure it’s not clogged, dirty, blocked etc

Vic
Vic

Sometimes there are carby problems - for example grass gets into the carby and blocks the jet, or throttle cable issue

Jenny

Jennyasked

Corvette 300

Is the Corvette 300 heavier than the Corvette 100?

bjr

Yes. 31kg vs 26kg. See also Victa website.

Jenny

Jennyasked

Corvette 100

How much does the mower weigh in comparison to the Corvette 200 and 300?

bjr

200 is apparently weighs the same. 300 is 5kg heavier at 31kg. Numbers from victa website.

Don

Donasked

HOW TO REMOVE ENGINE COVER TO CLEAN PLUG

Barry
Barry

Sorry Don,
I have simply dumped my 18 month old victa and all the associated paper work in the tip!!! I do not want to know about these victas as they are just rubbish/money pits.
I recently bought a new Rover which has been working perfectly.
Cheers, Barry

Warwick

Warwickasked

Corvette

What type of spark plug is fitted to the Victa Corvette 700 lawn mower?

Michael012

My Corvette 725 uses a Champion brand RJ19LMC spark plug.

Get an answer from our members and Victa representatives

Victa Corvette