Weber Family Q Series

Weber Family Q Series Questions & Answers

Premium (Q3200), Standard (Q3100), Q320, etc...

365 questions from our users

Joe A
Joe Aasked
Family Q Series

I have weber q 2200 I think it is....the one in between baby and family and no temp gauge on lid.....I was coming a boneless roast pork tonight with both grill on a trivet and disposable tray under it with the holes in it.....now it was cooking for about 35 minutes on high...now I was inside chopping vegetables to also go on weber....i went back outside and there was more smoke then usual....I opened the lid and there was fat fire....inside lid was black and the plastic on frame in couple places had melted is this covered under warranty or an I up for another weber at my expense .....it is only 7 months old any information is greatly appreciated....I'm located in Melbourne Victoria Australia TIA

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Joe, we're sorry to hear of you experience and we will be able to work through with you to determine what has happened and how we can best help you under warranty.

Could you please send us an email via social@weberbbq.com.au with some images of your barbecue and the serial number and we can look into this for you.

Thanks.

Tony
Tonyasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

I have just assembled my new Weber 3100 Q BBQ. I am unable to install a battery. Instructions state a AAA battery. Clearly this will not fit. Tried the smaller battery but couldn't get it in as springload would not allow it to close. Am I missing something??

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Tony, if you have a Q3100, there is no need for a battery in your ignition system. The instruction manual covers both models (Q3100 & Q3200)- the 3200 requires a battery behind the ignition button.

Michelle
Michelle asked
Family Q Standard (Q3100)

Hi we have just bought this bbq and we noticed that the screws inside the bbq from the lid have started to melt. I questioned hubby maybe he didn’t set it up right but there would be no other way I could see for lid to be positioned without the screws in the inside of the bbq. Please let me know what we should do
Thanks Michelle

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Michelle, did you still need a hand here?

My question would be, are you talking about the screws themselves, or are you talking about the spacers that come with the screws? As these are meant to be on the outside of the lid, not inside.

If it's easier, please feel free to send some photos to social@weberbbq.com.au and we can figure out the issue there.

Frank
Frankasked

Can I convert to lpg

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Frank, yes you can convert your Family Q from Natural Gas to LPG - you will just need to purchase a conversion kit from our customer service team. You can either contact us on 1300 301 290, via our website contact form or on our social accounts to organise the conversion kit, just be sure to have your barbecue serial number handy.

Frank C.
Frank C.asked
Family Q Series

I need to know what to do to convert a family q to lpg as I was given one that connects to ng can anyone help

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Frank, yes you can convert your Family Q from Natural Gas to LPG - you will just need to purchase a conversion kit from our customer service team. You can either contact us on 1300 301 290, via our website contact form or on our social accounts to organise the conversion kit, just be sure to have your barbecue serial number handy when you order the kit.

Frank C.
Frank C.asked
Family Q Series

How can I convert a family q from ng to lpg is it a big problem as I was given one that uses ng

Glenda L.
Glenda L.asked
Family Q Series

Hi I have a Weber q family on a stationary stand. The holder for the drip pan has been taken out. Do I need to remove the bbq from the stand to replace. If i need to remove from stand how do i do this please

Dean S.
Dean S.asked
Family Q Premium (Q3200)

I have a Family Q and the middle burner is starting to get clogged and I have tried to keep them unclogged using a paper clip. Can you advise a better way to do this so that this does not become a fire potential fire hazard or does the burner need to be replaced. The outside burner ring is perfectly clean.

Cheers

Dean

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Dean, we would best recommend to give your burner tube a thorough clean by removing them from the cook box (when the barbecue is cold) and soaking them in hot soapy water. This will help to remove any stubborn build up which may be in the burner tube. Once you have soaked them you can once again clear the hole with a paper clip as you have been doing.

If this still persists please contact us via custserv@weberbbq.com.au or via 1300301290 and we can help with any further trouble shooting or assess if you do need new burner tubes.

Bob G.
Bob G.asked
Family Q Premium (Q3200) LPG

Can you use a Weber q grill pan with trivet instead of the convection tray and trivet

Blank
Blankasked
Family Q Series

How do I convert from mains gas to bottle gas

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hey Blank, our customer service team will be able to help you out with a conversion kit! Give them a call on 1300 301 290 or contact us via our website with your barbecue serial number handy and we will be able to go through the conversion process with you. Thanks!

Peejay
Peejayasked
Family Q Series

Can I use the large casserole with lid off
as a frying pan

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Peejay, yes you can use the casserole dish with the lid off! It's a very versatile product and can be used for a range of different cooks with or without the lid. Thanks

Gail H
Gail Hasked
Family Q Premium (Q3200)

can you convert your weber bbq from lpg to natural gas

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Gail, yes you can convert your barbecue from LPG to natural gas but this will require purchasing a conversion kit. Our customer service team will be able to help you with purchasing a kit and all the information needed to convert - give us a call on 1300 301 290 with have your serial number handy and we will be able to help you out.

Chris N.
Chris N.asked
Family Q Q320

Will the stand for a family Q suit other models of Webber? I have a Q2000 and a friend has a stand for a family Q just want to know if it will fit.

J Harper

Hello, you would have to measure the width between the feet to see if they would seat properly as once on the stand they are secured so as not to move. Hope this helps.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Chris, the Family Q comes built in with the cart/stand and the barbecue isn't removable from the stand.

If you are looking for the same style stand we have the Patio cart which will work with the Q2000 series, you can check it out on our website here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/accessories/merchandise-and-more/carts/weber-q-patio-cart/6524.html

Peter
Peterasked
Family Q Series

Hi I have a weber family Q which sits on its stand/legs. Am I able to purchase and retro fit my existing family Q into the Q3600 built in model? Thank you, Peter.

J Harper

Hello, I am not sure of this as it depends wether there would be a place to fixture your existing Weber. It would be beneficial to speak to a Weber agent for this advice. Regards jean

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Peter, unfortunately you aren't able to retrofit your free standing Family Q to our built in model. There are some slight variations in the placement of the control knobs and the drip pan system between the free standing and built in Family Q models, therefore they can't easily be changed.

Please let us know if you have any other questions we can help with.

Kate
Kateasked
Family Q Series

What size gas bottle do I buy from the petrol station?

8.5

J Harper

Hi Kate I have house gas with my weberQ. If you do a lot of family bbq’s it would be more economical to get the large bottle or if you only use it from time to time then the medium is just as good as there is always swap and go hope this helps. Regards Jean

Cass L
Cass Lasked
Family Q Standard (Q3100) Natural Gas

Can I convert this to use gas bottles - if so where do I get the items from (Glen Iris Victoria)?

Normanasked
Family Q Series

Hi I have a q3200 natural gas Weber the cookbox has cracked close to where the hinge fits. Heard of this happening alot. What does a new cookbox cost ? Thanks Norman

Ross

How old is the bbq and cookbox you got now?

2014 I think

J Harper

Hello Norman maybe try Blue Sky Shellharbour 02 42961277 they maybe able to help.

Peter
Peterasked
Family Q Series

I have a Weber family Q looking for replacement lpg orifices but can’t seem to find them anywhere

Ross

You need to contact Weber directly for parts

J Harper

Hi Peter you could try Blue Sky in Shellharbour they are WeberQ dealers.

Jim
Jimasked
Family Q Series

I have a Weber BBQ, Model Q 200, Ser No. DZ0851240. Could you please advise if I can purchase a handle for the BBQ frame as supplied with the latest model?

Jim from Brisbane

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Jim, yes, give us a call on 1300301290 and we can help :)

Kim C.
Kim C.asked
Family Q Q320

Is the Q2000 and Q3000 cart trolley collapsible for transporting or a one piece assemble unit

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Kim, the Stationary Cart is not a transportable cart once assembled. If you're looking for a portable cart, then our Portable Cart is suitable for Q2000/2200's and Q1000/1200's.

The Family Q does not come separately from the cart

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Weber Family Q Series