Woolworths Questions & Answers

122 questions from our users

Mandy T.

Mandy T.asked

Online store

If an item you ordered on line is unavailable do you refund me

HG
HG

My understanding is Woolworths add a "similar product" although I have heard complaints of some strange examples of what they consider a similar product. I am sure they will also credit you if requested although there could be a delay in in receiving this this.

jpc43
jpc43

of course they refund you, eventually might take a week or two but they will get around to giving you a refund

Daisy
Daisy

I have had refunds within hours after contacting them regarding missing or faulty product. They are exceptionally good like that.

BEVAN M.

BEVAN M.asked

Online store

Hi I am in Port Denison the closes woollies to me is Geraldton can I still use the home delivery?

Michael V.

Michael V.asked

Woolworths

Can I request green bananas on line shopping

njollandasked

Woolworths

Have had second home delivery order now from Woolworths.
No docket in either order. Is this normal?
Used to Coles "Click and Collect" which always had a docket with the shopping listing all items bought
Thanks. Neville

Rosy
Rosy

Same happened to me couple of times. Is coles better, I have never tried them?

njolland

I shopped in Coles for over 40 years. The local shop (Bega) stopped click and collect during the bush fires. When I asked why I was told "WE cannot put our staff at risk during the fires" Now I ask you does that make any sense ? The nearest fire was perhaps 30k away.
a few week ago I asked "could you bring the shopping out to the car as I cannot walk without pain" (Awaiting hip replacement) No they couldn't do that because of the Virus. and and no they wouldn't do home deliveries from Bega.
So far 2 orders from Woolworths the US guy even carried the shopping upstairs for me. Great service.
Neville

Bill

Billasked

Physical store

Why is there no glass containers in stores to be collected want to claim my large container

David

Woolworths won’t answer you they just take our money and issue container credits that can’t be used as there are no containers in there big container scam

jsljustin
jsljustin

I agree with David, it is basically a scam by Woolworths. They may have had a little stock of the glass containers last year, but by now there appears to be no stock anywhere in Australia. I contacted the ACCC about this, listing it as "Other Scams". Although it may seem trivial, I encourage others to contact the ACCC. You can do so anonymously if you wish.

David

Agree 100% jsljustin, Woolworths the great Australian company scamming there customers, can’t wait as it is only a matter of time before a flood of overseas supermarket chains grace our shores see how they go then , Have a look at what Woolworths and Coles have done to our dairy industry let alone all there other suppliers

Ann

Annasked

Woolworths

I would really like to know how Woolworths can charge $13 delivery and comes as low as $2 would rather shop at Woolworths but $10 difference and you cannot leave your home is a big difference!

Sonia T.

Sonia T.asked

Online store

what does it cost for a pensioner delivery

danny
danny

depends

Physical store

Does woolworths glutenfree ham taste the same as others

Woolworths

Does woolworths glutenfree ham on the bone taste the same as others i just purchased one and didnt see the gluten free lable

Woolworths

Does the woolworths gluten free ham taste different to other hams

Lornafromwarner M.asked

Online store

i have been looking for Orphea clothing protector strips. after searching online ..it said available from Woolworths stores. having checked many local Woolworths stores and asking staff... they either say that they haven't heard of it or don't have it. why does it say available from Woolworths then?? where can it be bought? can the stores order it in?

Reviewer R.

I found them and in different flavours

Lornafromwarner M.

Where did you find/get them? I live in North side Brisbane. Looked in all stores in our area. Ended up ordering online. But makes them more expensive.

Krazzy Kazzasked

Online store

Why has this product been taken off the shelves, Bosisto's Euco Fresh Pre-Wash Stain Remover? It's a fabulous stain remover I have ever use. Please order it back in and put back on the shelves thank you.

Krazzy Kazz

I like the stain remover it's the best one that I ever used. Sadly I miss the product. The supermarkets need to get back in.

Reviewer R.

This not the Woolies site and they don’t respond here. Expect nothing to change.

Geoffrey M.

Geoffrey M.asked

Does Woolworths sell tvs

mallymuff
mallymuff

Hi Geoffrey, do you mean televisions? you'd be best to phone or email them to find out, sorry I don't know. Best luck.

Sabineasked

Transaction ID 91T61384H7474632X

Sabine

Where can I buy the Meercat HALLOWEEN? In which Store 5 km Radios from Seaford , or anywhere closer se on the way to work at Moorabbin,?!!!!

Sabineasked

Online store

Hi there, I am trying to find the Halloween meerkats $8.00 from your catalogue for VIC on sale Wednesday 7thOct to 13OCT , called 5 stores already in my area , also out of the 5km range , no luck ,nobody ever know about this product.Please check at your end (headoffice) here I can get one MeerKat.

Bill McMahon

Bill McMahonasked

Online store

Is delivery from woolworths free with priority assistance

MickD
MickD

Sorry Bill, I cannot help. I shop in store. Just avoid the pteradactyl disguised as chicken. Cheers, Mick

No Danger
No Danger

No it isn't

Ivan S.asked

Online store

Why have the prices of Australian packaged and frozen food increased so much in price (more than 20%) since the start of Covid. People in Australia have far less money now and Woolworths business is doing better than ever.
Also, why doesn’t Woolworths hire staff to clean the self checkouts and other areas where people are required to touch handles and so forth?
It seems as though Woolworths does not care about Australians during this crisis. Where are all Woolworths extra profits going?

alan
alan

have you contacted Woolworths and asked them

Ivan S.

Funny how they don’t reply here.
To answer your question and a bit:
Yes. I get an automatic reply saying how much they’re doing to help Australians during this difficult time and something about supply chain issues. I really don’t see how this is the case as they don’t even provide cleaning supplies at the self checkout never mind staff to clean the staff checkout during hours of operation.
It’s not just Woolworths corporation taking huge advantage of Australians since Covid-19, but they’re the most obvious. They were allowed to fix prices with their only real competitor, Coles, under an emergency government scheme that was said to ‘prevent hoarding’ so they are just charging what they want and will continue to increase the prices until most everyone is buying their only slightly cheaper generic brand(s). The media are either controlled by the cahoot of corporations or otherwise too scared to raise the issue.
My local Woolworths even asked me in an email to send feedback (I’ve stopped using their rewards card since as how would they know where I shop!?). I replied asking as much but never received a reply. Meanwhile, their value/ the value of theirs shares have skyrocketed and large stakeholders have received massive dividend paid to them.

Fay R.

Fay R.asked

Online store

Before Christmas I was a weekly customer of Woolies on-line shopping and had no difficulty placing my orders. No everything changed it has become very complicated to navigate between the product items. Please Woolies go back to the earlier system.

Old Johnasked

Online store

A big fail for Woolworths sales staff! On 17th June I went to purchase 2 pieces of Barramundi skin on.
No, we aren't carrying that sir, from the fish counter person, I then tried another 4 stores to no avail. The attendant at one store looked up the code, but nil stock! On the Thursday a sales person claimed that store had stock, rubbish. Refer customer numbers:900056359/8, 9000566184 & 9000566185, no further report received. No good hiding behind a tiny notation in their catalogue stating "Seafood may not be available in all stores", Our population here is over 80,000, 5 Woolies, 3 Coles & 2 Drakes. It seems the customer service crew just they sit on their backsides nattering about social life & silly old geisers complaining.
Then today, 8th July, here we go again, 2 store, nil stock & not receiving it either. Are these idiots looking for sales & keep their customers happy, no way. They stock skin off, no good on a BBQ (falls apart), or they stock Basa an imported catfish from the muddy deltas of China, Taiwan & Vietnam.
Our Barra farmers are overstocked, & as per a ABC Landline show, these big supermarkets were going to help out. Why can I go to COLES & DRAKES (IGA) & buy straight from the display counter?
Do these people really want a job?
John Day.

Old John

I did not see star rating, try 1 star no more. It is not really in today's standards for retail!!!

Jean

Jeanasked

Online store

Why is the payment option grey