A2 Platinum Premium Questions & Answers

39 questions from our users

Ben

Benasked

A2 Platinum Premium

Is it possible to get a sample pack to see if my baby will like this formula? She is 16 months old.

JEs

JEsasked

A2 Platinum Premium

My baby is on a2 and her poo is very runny. She goes once a day or every other day. I thought formula fed babies’ poos have pasty consistency? Is my baby’s poo normal. She has had this runny poo for a month now.

We have had the same problem, with a heap of gas/wind that we have been able to relive 30-40% via infocol. Our child is also on Losec for reflux

Ann L.

Ann L.asked

A2 Platinum Premium

Are they good for eczema baby?

William

Williamasked

A2 Platinum Premium

What kind of cows does the A2 milk come from?

MaRLeY B.

MaRLeY B.asked

How to transition from Aptamil to a2

Jessica M.

Jessica M.asked

A2 Platinum Premium

Hi I order my formula with my food shopping and I didnt realise they gave me stage 2 instead of stage 1 my baby is 5months (4months corrected) (prem) I have opened the tin and I Given her 2 bottles before realising will this harm her? If not can she finish the tin ?

Sheeren H.

Sheeren H.asked

Platinum Premium Follow-On

what is the scoop size in ml please

Shantell.c

Shantell.casked

A2 Platinum Premium

Is a2 good for a sensitive stomach? My little girl had bad reflux, after using a reflux formula it subsided she was no longer projectile vomiting but still vomiting alot. After trying many different formulas we spoke to a midwife who suggested we use nan comfort. Her vomiting wasn't as often or as much but after several weeks it has gotten worse again. Thinking it may be a milk allergy we took her back to the midwife only to be told she just has a sensitive stomach. My poor girl is only 4 months old and has had nothing but discomfort and vomiting since she was born. Any suggestions please?

Ruchi S.
Ruchi S.

It sounds more like an allergy than a sensitive stomach. Try Goats milk or Soy formula. You may also want to see a pediatrician. Found this useful website - https://www.babylist.com/hello-baby/best-baby-formula

The lactose free aptinal plus might be good too
I baby was prescribed losec for vomiting

Chris

Chrisasked

A2 Platinum Premium

My child started using A2 from birth and I love this product,its realy good,but my child is starting to get lots of slime on chest,Could this be because of product
He is 2 turning 3 and we use A2 platinum 3

Nav Dhillon

Nav Dhillonasked

Platinum Premium Infant

My daughter is 2.5 months old she is not gai Ning much weight .Does a2 platinum formula helps in gaining weight?

joyce g.

joyce g.asked

Platinum Premium Follow-On

I have just transitioned my son to stage 2 follow-on formula and he almost always never finish a bottle. He spews up and cries after feeding halfway through. There were times where he would just drink 30ml-50ml every 4 hours. So, I wait it out for 2 weeks, see how he goes. Still the same. So, I went to see our local nurse and she told me to stay on A2 stage1 as he was happy with it. Is this something you'd recommend? Or should I wait a bit longer for him to get used to it?

Samasked

Platinum Premium Infant

My baby is 3 weeks of age and is a formula fed baby... once I left the hospital I was advised by the nurse to get s26 formula which I did but then my baby got constipated and got some wind too! ... I changed the formula to A2 platinum stage 1 but my baby is still constipated and pooing every 2 days or so which is better than the s26 where he didn’t go at all... I got advised by my nurse to get infacol and colic drops to help but I don’t feel it’s doing much ... any extra advise on what to do? change formula? Use a formula for constipation just until he gets better than go back to A2? First baby so very new to it all!!
Thanks in advance

3923M
3923M

Hi Sam, congratulations on your new bub!
I wouldn't be too concerned about the frequency of his poo as long as it is coming out reasonably soft. I would consider trying another formula if he was experiencing any pain when trying to go, and it was only coming out in hard little pellets. You could try a gentle massage with lotion on his belly after a bath or if you notice he is trying to go, while he is on his back, gently encourage his knees towards his belly (kind of like a squat), makes it easier for him to push.
Each baby is different so trying to find the right formula is just trial and patience. I have four babes and none of them were the same. I am currently using S26 Gold but I would stick to what you are using if you find it is better than the last. We all want the best start for our babies but don't be fooled by the words 'premium, platinum or gold'. The most important thing is that your baby sleeps well and gains weight well, this makes for a happy mamma. All the best.

Shelly
Shelly

Hi Sam,

My pediatrician advised me that “Gold” formulas tend to constipate babies so I would steer clear of those. Personally, I would stick to the A2 and get some Coloxyl drops. These drops combined with the A2 really helped my baby girl. She was a bit older though so I would check with your Doctor first and make sure your bub can have them. I'm not sure why the nurse suggested colic drops and infacol for constipation, I wouldn’t expect them to make a difference.
I hope your bub is feeling better soon. It’s horrible to watch them constipated and in pain. Best of luck.

Sam

Hi ladies thank you for your advise I’ll be sure to take it on board ... Shelly I had a auto correct moment happen i am currently using coloxyl drops not colic drops along with infacol as advised by nurse and it’s not really doing much

APez

APezasked

Platinum Premium Infant

Hi guys. I have just put my 8 week old on A2 platinum and wanted to know of your experiences. Firstly, I started on Nan gold but had to change due to silent reflux issues. We changed to novalac reflux for 2 weeks but his poos were very hard and the reflux issues seeemd to subside with medication. We have now changed to the A2 formula and he has been on it for 3 days. He is now struggling with bad wind (no diarrhoea though) but just really smelly wind and very unsettled and squirmy (particularly at night). Has this been your experience too? I wanted to know if I should persist with this new formula and put it down to just a change in his diet. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks :-)

Moochie000
Moochie000

I also changed because of those reasons. I do add thickener into each feed too. And also changed my bottles :)

Kath Mott

Kath Mottasked

Platinum Premium Infant

My newborn was on Novalac Colic formula from about 6 weeks which seemed to ease her colic symptoms. She's now 13 weeks and I think she's grown out of colic symptoms so I decided to change formula due to a small amount of constipation and her vomiting/spit ups being chucky cheese in consistency. I've moved to the A2 for the last couple of days and now she is spitting up more liquidy rather than chucky cheese and the smell is really bad almost putrid. Has anyone experience this? Maybe the lactose is fermenting in her tummy and therefore smells bad? Should I give her A few more days on this formula to see if it settles or perhaps move back to another formula. Bub is relatively happy it's more so that I'm not happy with the smell and the constant washing!!

sumi

sumiasked

Platinum Premium Infant

hi my baby is 11 month old and i am trying to switch to formula from breastfed as my milk is drying now. i have tried s26 Nan but nothing seems work. i just don't want to go to normal milk as i tried once and result wasn't good his stomach became gassy and didn't eat solid.can you suggest me what can I do?

Danielle
Danielle

I have never had any trouble with the A2 formula and know a lot of other mums that would say the same. Relatives have used other formulas and ended up changing to A2 and their little ones have got on so much better. Hope this helps

Sand'ya G

Sand'ya Gasked

Platinum Premium Infant

My baby is 2.5month old now brestmilk is not enough for her so I have started giving a2 stage 1 but she start to cry when I give her the bottle and make her face so annoying.i am so confused.can you tell me why?

Candyl
Candyl

Do you breastfeed your baby or bottle feed her Express milk before? If you have been breastfeeding your baby, she may not understand a bottle and how to drink from it. I saw in Facebook about Minibite bottles which teats are very similar to nipples. Some babies refuse to take normal bottles but are fine with Minibite bottles so you may give it a go. You can also search people’s feedback on this bottle in Product Review before buying.

Emma Ng

Emma Ngasked

Platinum Premium Infant

I just switched from s26 to a2. I know a2 is working well with my baby stomach. But the problem is he getting hungry after every 2hours instead of 3hours as when i feed him s26 before. He is now 1m old. I normally fed him 75-90ml in s26 n it lasts on him in 3h but with 75-90ml in a2 it only last on him in 2h. Is that normal?!

MummaBird

Babies cluster feed around this time, so I would certainly suggest it could be normal x

Stanyaasked

Platinum Premium Infant

Hi, my baby is 8 weeks old and he is on A2 formula stage 1. His poo is very dark green other than that he seems very happy. Is dark green poo normal? Thanks?

Blondie
Blondie

Hi. Since your baby is only 8 weeks old it may be placenta fluid that hasn't flushed out properly. I'm no expert I suggest that you ask a doctor.

Thank you.

MummaBird

Yes it’s normal! In many stages of growth you will find all sorts of weird textures and different shades of colours. Be wary of blood in poo x

Kashlyn

Kashlynasked

Platinum Premium Infant

Curious to all the mums that use this formula.
Does your baby poop green sludge!? Like melted soft serve!?

MM
MM

Yes, my baby does too.
Don't forget formula feed babies pooh can be various colours including mustard, green and even black apparently.

Nancy

Nancyasked

Platinum Premium Infant

Which supermarket can I buy it?

Nadia
Nadia

It is usually sold out at most supermarkets, I buy mine from Chemist Warehouse (Brisbane)