2ALDI Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)
Part of ALDI Drills 2.0

ALDI Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021) Questions & Answers

Scott S.
Scott S. · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

Had exact same issue as J. Brown in the comments (drill starts, stops, starts, stops ...).
Is this an 'overload' issue? Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks.

Sgr
Sgr · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

Is this a hammer drill only.

John J.
John J.

No both

Rod
Rod · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

ALDI Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill on sale 15 April 2023.

Will Aldi eventually sell the batteries for the ALDI Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill sometime later. You just have to wait for that.

Chrissie
Chrissie · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

I didn't get a battery or a battery charger with my kit? What battery fits this tool and how can I get them?

rodneyreeves

I don't have this item. I have the 16V version. It came with two batteries and a charger. I am surprised that you didn't get similar with your drill. I'd take it back for refund. But check what you were supposed to get in the box when you bought it.

Chrissie

Thank you. I'm wondering if Aldi is going to bring the batteries and charger out for sale for this product later?

Flash
Flash

Aldi doesn't bother selling batteries with tools which is the stupidest policy they have. I had to wait 6 months for batteries to show up on the catalogue and then had to be at the door at opening time as they all sell out within minutes. No other batteries are compatible and Aldi staff will happily NOT be of any assistance in keeping a battery back for you even if you have receipts for tools. They deserve to have a chainsaw fired up and wrecking their stores for this policy. ALL TOOLS SHOULD COME WITH BATTERIES! Customer service is non existent.

Col C.
Col C.

@Chrissie - These battery's and chargers are the same as those available for Power-G 20v tools available from Autobarn stores. Their tool skins are well priced but Aldi do much better for battery's and chargers. In general, you can also do a google search for 20v XFinity equipment and which should fit your hammer drill. The best buys on battery's and chargers will always be the periodic Aldi specials though.
Edit; I just noticed Aldi have an 8ah 20v battery listed for sale Sat 20/11/21.
This is one that was previously advertised but could not be provided but has now become available.
It is not advertised in the usual Special Buys catalogues or pages so worth a look on spec?

Slacker138
Slacker138

You can buy the battery and charger online, I ordered miner it arrived 2 days earlier than was advised to me.
Customer services are limited by their policies in what they can do for you, in my case they sent conflicting delivery addresses, although they did deliver to the collection point and all in all I am pleased so far.

The fact remains that the products are entry level not Professional tools so in that respect it would be wise to have realistic expectations of these tools and to keep the receipts as these tools have a higher chance of failing due too the the cheap price.

Bottom line buy cheap once, if it fails you buy a better product.

All in all have a realistic expectation of the tool the company and their customer service.

do.https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/diy?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AavailableOnline%3Atrue&privm=true&page=1&firstPlacementTotalCount=0&secondPlacementTotalCount=0

Judith Okeefe
Judith Okeefe · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

Can it also be used as a regular drill?

rodneyreeves

I have the 16volt model and it can be used as a regular drill. Have a read of the box it comes in.

Judith Okeefe

I have the 20V one and the box does not give you any details. I am returning it today.

Bob M.
Bob M. · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

what price a 20 battery

rodneyreeves

I have no idea and I don't own one of these. See if there is any help at the Aldi website.

PReviewer

Why expect consumers to know ?

Skye44
Skye44 · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

The manual was missing from my box. Can anyone help? I can't seem to find it online

Ask Aldi

Fred B
Fred B

billy9z
billy9z · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

I purchased the Ferrex20v
How does the chuck work

rodneyreeves

Read the instruction book. I don't have this piece of equipment.

peter b.
peter b. · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

I have purchased a ferrex cordless hammer drill in February from my local Aldi
The drill seems fine but battery will not go into the charger
How can this be fixed

Jenny
Jenny · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

I purchased this product which was on special on 2 January 2021. Unfortunately, when I got home, the battery wouldn't fit into the charger. It is the wrong charger. The charger supplied in the pack was model: XZ2000-2400KS (with only two prongs + and - with no earth) wheras the charg Spareser which should have been supplied was model: M8329A. I am currently trying to sort this out with after sales support at Action Spares and am having to jump through the hoops and still can't use the drill. Couldn't Aldi find a better solution to this problem ?

Paul H.
Paul H. · Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)

can i use hammer drill as a straight out drill or is it always on hammer?

Gary M.
Gary M.

Generally they have a button to switch between normaland hammer or on the front chuck were you change the speed or torque you will have the hammer setting on there

Grant H.
Grant H.

On this drill, there is a ring with 3 settings
Hammer
Drill
Driver

Victor Y.
Victor Y.

Hi guys, I bought this drill and there is no hammer action when I tried it without load. Can anyone with this drill tell me if yours has hammer action without load? Does the hammer action only kick in under load? Thanks

Noel H
Noel H

I just bought this drill today and yes I tried the hammer action and it does hammer but only with a load.

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives

Select a listing for your question
ALDI Ferrex 20V Brushless Hammer Drill Kit (Jan, Apr, Sep 2021)