White Knight Renew Tile & Laminate Satin Finish

White Knight Renew Tile & Laminate Satin Finish Questions & Answers

73 questions from our users

TGSasked

I have put first coat of clear on my benchtop and can now see lines in the finish. Can i.sand these out before the final coat? Any tips to get a nice finish?

nik
nik

Yes but ours still wasn't 100 percent

TGS

Sanded back. Put another coat on. Now it has dried white in patches. Completely ruined. What a waist of money and time.

peter.c.

peter.c.asked

Can you paint over two pack surfaces?

Susie

Susieasked

I’m painting my cupboards but would like a final seal to minimise paint chips from occurring down the track. Would the benchtop coat help with this? Has anyone had long lasting results with only the the primer and paint, no seal?

Desiree G.
Desiree G.

Results are not great with just the paint - the surface just isn't hard enough. I have had little luck with the White Knight product. The first time I used it, it went milky and didn't clear once dry. The second time I used the recommended roller and the finish was irregular and heavily textured. The third time I used a 4mm nap microfibre roller with average results. There were odd little white specks in it that couldn't be picked out. The fourth time, I used a Dulux product - it is cheaper, and also has a longer 'working' time - 10 days vs 1 hour for the White Knight. That was 2 weeks ago. So far, so good. But I don't know how it will wear long term. It's pretty hard at the moment and seems scratch resistant. Hope this helps. Good luck, Desiree

roy t.

roy t.asked

can laminate paint be sprayed

georgej878

well you can spray pretty well anything you can brush or roller on "IF" you know what your doing..

Warren W.

Warren W.asked

Is it advisable to lightly sand between coats of the 2pak protective coat

georgej878

just a light scuff with a grey scourer from auto paint shop and use a tack rag (bunnings etc) to remove dust, most important..i actually used haymes acrylic on the doors with an adhesion primer turned out great..

Peter M.

Peter M.asked

Is laminate paint acrylic

Omar
Omar

The primer is acrylic but the top coat is oil based.
It was the 1st time I used that combination you would think it to be stronger if the primer was also oil base.

Dee

Deeasked

Can i use white knight laminate paint on kitchen cupboard doors that have previously been painted with normal paint?

Elana

Elanaasked

My Gloss White Laminate Doors have discoloured & I want to know if I can spray them with White Knight Tile paint to Gloss White again, or the best way to renew/revamp them. Regards Eileen

LegalEagle

LegalEagleasked

I wondered why my benchtops suddenly looked awful after using the very expensive white knight top coat. Now I know why. I had used wk laminate paint previously without using the top coat - and the result was so much better. Tip: dont use the top coat - it doesnt even dry to a shine. Appalling product. I'm going to ask for a refund.

Raeleen W.

Raeleen W.asked

Can White Knight tile paint be sprayed on.

Calasked

Is white Knight Bench Top ok to use around the sink area or will the water damage it?

georgej878

the paint is waterproof no problem but make sure it is sealed on the edges so water cant get underneath it into the benchtop material

Cal

Many thanks for the info

Mammie M.

Mammie M.asked

Have just done my bathroom tiles with tile primer and paint so happy with result I want to do my vanity can I use the tile primer on this before I buy laminate paint or is it totally different product

Phil S

Phil Sasked

Hi
I painted over a white melamite surface with the primer and then the laminate paint.
I waited a day before applying the laminate paint but it is still tacky after 2 days.
How do I remove the tackiness ?

Steve G
Steve G

Hi Phil, I think I will have that same problem, I painted 12 hours ago and it still feels tacky?

Terri

Terriasked

Why does the top coat start to peel? It looks awful and has to be done again, otherwise I am extremely happy but would appreciate an answer before my husband has to do it again. He followed your video carefully.
Moyra Wells

Denise R.

Denise R.asked

I bought tile primer [ instead of the tile and laminate primer ] by mistake . Can I still use the tile primer on laminate kitchen cabinets ?

Denise R.

Denise R.asked

can i use the tile primer , to prime coat laminate kitchen cabinets ?

Richard w.

Richard w.asked

I have a laminate benchtop with a timber edge can i use white knight laminate paint over the timber edge as well?

Terri

Terriasked

We recently (about) 3 months ago applied your product onto our kitchen bench, it came up beautiful and I was thrilled, but in the middle section on the bench (where we mostly use) it has started to peel. Why would that be? My husband was so careful to follow all directions. He is going to sand it back and redo it but I hope it doesn't happen again. My email is Moyra.wells@bigpond.com would appreciate any information you can give us.

Happy

Happyasked

after finishing my 2nd coat of colour, I noticed paintbrush hairs. Not sure, but think it was in first coat. About to put clear top coat. Is there any way of sanding down this area and reapplying paint layers?? Area is around sink, from when I was cutting in the paint. Please help.

DIY gal

DIY galasked

I’m about to repaint a set of laminated drawers and wasn’t sure about needing a top coat protector?? And now after reading all your reviews am concerned that as a company you haven’t addressed the ‘top coat’ problem that many purchasers have had after using it.
What do you suggest?