4Bosch Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

VerifiedMPN:BCH6ZOOAU
4Bosch Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU
Greg N.
Greg N. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

My Bosch Zoo Vacuum Cleaner is not holding a charge and the manual tells me that the battery can only be replaced by a qualified Bosch service agent. I am in the Lake Macquarie area, NSW. Where is my nearest service agent? Greg at [Email Address Removed]

Jessi J
Jessi J

i'm just a customer like you !

Rachael L.
Rachael L. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I really like the vacuum but am very disappointed that the part where the hand joins it has cracked in the plastic. So I'm not able to use it. It's the first time I have spent so much on a vacuum.

Ted W.
Ted W. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Same as above, my Bosch ZOO is the same. It lasts not even one minute. Absolute rubbish. Having read all the similar issues above it is something Bosch musty know about as a dud part. Can you advise?

E.P.R.
E.P.R.

I called Bosch and they told me to replace the battery would be $500 and it's "infeasible" and to just buy a new vacuum, which is ridiculous. Dyson sell replacement batteries for $60-100 and in some cases out of warranty replace them for free. Shame on Bosch, disgusting anti-consumer practices. If they do not resolve this, I will be reporting it to Fair Trading and the ACCC

Dave
Dave · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Hi Bosch Home Appliance Representative,
We have had our BCH6ZOOAU/03 for 2 years, and now we can only use it on settings 1 or 2. The charge only lasts 1 minute on setting 3 and setting 2 doesn't provide enough suction to clean our rugs.
Cat fur gets stuck in the nozzle due to the lack of suction, and then it throws dust all over the floor. Put it to setting 3 and it stops almost straight away.
We had no problems when it was new, but now a broom would be better to clean the floor.
Can you please tell me how to rectify this?
Regards, David

Jennifer E
Jennifer E · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I am trying to register the warranty for my Zoo'o ProAnimal vacuum as I need to arrange a repair. Can you please let me know where I can find the serial number.
thanks

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Jennifer E, Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch vacuum.
The model details for the appliance can be found on the body of the vacuum, behind the dust cannister when it is removed.
If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Tinker
Tinker · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Hi I purchased this vacuum for my elderly mother and it has hardly been used in the 3 years she has had it and now the batteries will not hold charge. It says it is charged and only last 1-2 minutes and then completely dead. Very disappointing to find out we cannot replace the batteries. Surely this should last longer than 3 years at the price we paid. Can you offer any assistance with this please?

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Tinker,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum cleaner.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH#18026 in the subject line with your best contact number, your proof of purchase and, any further details regarding the issue. We’ll investigate for you.

Andy
Andy

I have same issue. About one year old. Good until now, charge only lasts 1 min

Nectaria H.
Nectaria H. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Hi my vaccuum cleaner charges fully then as soon as i use it it goes down to one line and i need to keep switching on and off for it to work until it finally dies compelety after 3 mins. Any ideas?

Rodney

I have the same problem, I bought three and they are all the same, what a waste of money, never again, chuck it out.

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Nectaria H., Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum cleaner.

Elisabeth W.
Elisabeth W. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I am really disappointed. We bought this vacuum cleaner 2-3 years ago, and the battery time has declined quickly. A couple of months ago it stopped working altogether.

To pay this much money for a product that only lasts a couple of years doesn’t feel that great. And not very sustainable either to have to buy a completelt new product when there is only something wrong with the battery.

I live in Sweden, so don’t know who to contact. Any help?

BSH H.
BSH H.

Hi Elisabeth,
Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Vacuum cleaner.
We would recommend to contact Bosch Sweden for further assistance.

Gary. C
Gary. C · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

My Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU which I have just brought 2nd hand will not run on the highest setting it runs on the other fine could it be the switch.

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Gary,  Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum.
We'd like to help, if you email us at socialmedia.au@bshg.com, quoting BSH15960 in the subject line with your contact number and your proof of purchase. We’ll investigate for you.

Gabby P.
Gabby P. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Hi, I am having the same problem as so many other users have posted about.
I bought this vacuum in March 2020 and over the past 4 months the vacuum only lasts for about 30 seconds and then shuts off. If I wait about 30 seconds it will work again but only for the same amount of time. I can keep doing this for about 20 minutes before it no longer turns on again. This is happening after being on charge overnight or even for days. I read somewhere it could be a overheating problem due to blocked filters and made sure to clean every filter section I could. Still made no difference. It doesn’t appear to be a charging problem either as all the lights are coming on as they always have. I am so disappointed as this vacuum worked so wonderful when I first got it and for me it was not exactly the cheapest option.
Please help.

Tony Carroll
Tony Carroll

If you read all the other reviews Gabby you would have to come to the same conclusion that Bosch has a multitude of problems both with their products and their commitments, To me this indicates that the company has deep seated problems and the public should be warned that it would be advisable not to purchase ANY products manufactured by Bosch

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Gabby, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum.

Karen G.
Karen G. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Can you get another battery for this product?

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Karen G,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch vacuum cleaner.
This particular model does not have a detachable charger as it's fitted to the unit and we are not able to replace it. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

Braveheart
Braveheart · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I purchased my Bosch Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU about two years ago. After charging overnight, the machine works for about 20 seconds, then stops for 10 seconds and then starts again. This continues for about 15 minutes, with the battery finally stopping until I charge it overnight again. This is very disappointing as this was replaced under warranty from the store when our first Bosch Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU battery died. There seems to be an inherent problem of the battery life with this product. Other than the battery problem, this is a fantastic machine.

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Braveheart, Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear of the recent issue you're having with your vacuum. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744 (select option 1) and we'll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Vincent
Vincent · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I sent in service twice and battery not charging
Can I do the battery replacement myself ?
How to open ?
We can find the battery in the internet ?

jen · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I'm wondering if the battery can be replaced? It just doesn't last very long at all, only minutes. I really love everything about the Bosch zoo'o except for this battery issue! I regularly clean out the filters but it doesn't help with the battery life.

Julie

We had 2, one downstairs and one upstairs. The one downstairs would cut out after a couple of minutes despite being constantly on the charger. We took it back to the store and they contacted Bosch. They sent a new charger cord but it made no difference. I was given a ref number and called Bosch and they told me to go back to the store which I did. They gave me a store credit for the full amount. I was happy with that as I shop there frequently. The Bosch upstairs is still going ok, but it’s newer than the one we took back. Time will tell. I bought a robot for downstairs and it’s brilliant!

Rinky
Rinky

Mine last for 20 - 25 min when it’s full charge. If it’s still under warranty you can take it back to the shop, mine had problem with vacuuming after six months, they replaced it immediately, even if it’s not under warranty it’s worth trying them. They might be able to give you any solution.

jen

Thank you. It is out of warranty and the store do not sell bosch anymore - apparently because of all the problems they were having with the products!

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Jen, Thank you for your question. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your vacuum. You have advised above the store of purchase no longer stocks Bosch, that's fine we're still able to help. If you could kindly email our team your details along with a copy of the invoice for the vacuum to socialmedia.au@bshg.com, with reference BSH14124 in the subject line. Once we received this, we can advise you further. Kind regards Bosch Home Australia.

Daniel P
Daniel P · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

I purchased this vacuum just over 2 years ago and for the past year or so the battery life has slowly declined, now almost to the point of only lasting less than 5 mins and being very in practical to use.

Wondering if there is anyway to replace the battery pack in this device or if there is anyway to have it considered for warranty claim?

Julie

I don’t know but mines gone the same .. I went back to Harvey Norman today and as it’s still under warranty I’m taking it back tomorrow and they’re refunding for it.

radarada
radarada

They are a crap product

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Daniel P, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum cleaner. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you. Regards, Bosch Home Australia.

Judith · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Is it possible to replace battery of Bosch Zoo’o? This is our second machine. Great little vacuum cleaner but short lived each time. Wondering if it would be economical to change the battery. Has anyone done this?

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Judith, Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Vacuum Cleaner. We'd like to help, if you contact us on 1300 369 744. Be sure to provide your model number & we’ll investigate for you.

Judith

Thank you. The battery cannot be replaced but Charlotte was pleasant and helpful and our situation is under review.

Judith

Bosch has been extremely helpful in resolving our problem. Excellent company for fair dealing.

Trish
Trish  · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

Why does my cordless flash red after seconds of turning it on? And also when I turn it off everything I just sucked up falls out

Pollyanna
Pollyanna

I have no idea. We do not have that problem. It sounds like you do not have the dust container plugged in properly. I suggest you read the manual or contact the supplyer or Bosch directly

Kaykay
Kaykay · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

My Bosch BCH6ZOOAU stick vacuum cleaner is not charging

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Kaykay , Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with your vacuum.

Ana C.
Ana C. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

How long does it take to charge the first time? It's been 2 hours and is not 100%

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Ana. C,  Thanks for the question regarding your Bosch Vacuum Cleaning.
The first charge for your Vacuum Cleaner is recommended to be between 4-6 hrs. If you need any more help, feel free to contact us on 1300 369 744.

sahrin j.
sahrin j. · Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU

What is the problem when charging battery light is not on?

Bosch Home Appliances   DM

Hi Sahrin, If the light is not on, it means the appliance is not charging. If you contact us on 1300 369 744 we’ll investigate for you.
Regards,
Bosch Home Australia

Emtedee
Emtedee

this has happened to me and I have disconnected the cleaner from the power and tried again - eventually it does start to charge. One issue I notice is when the dust container is not tightly fixed in - I give it a sharp slap and tha usually resolves the issue

Get an answer from our members and Bosch Home Appliances representatives

Select a listing for your question
Bosch Athlet ProAnimal BCH6ZOOAU