Bumbleride Indie Twin

Bumbleride Indie Twin Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Mike

Mikeasked

Specs read it is 36" long, but is it with the handlebar unfolded or folded (if you fold the handlebar in the upright position)?

Tina M
Tina M

Hi Mike, Folded, in the boot it sits 29 inches high and 30 inches long. We have a Nissan Qashqai. It takes up the whole boot. It stands upright in the boot instead of flat on the floor. Not enough room to lay flat. It's been a fantastic pram for us.

Bumbleride
Gillian R.Bumbleride

Thanks Tina

Alexandra M.

Alexandra M.asked

Hi, I would like to know if the backrest when in upright position is fully upright or reclined? I was looking at the mountain buggy and when I put my toddler in it at the upright position it was on too much of a recline and she kept pulling herself forward and sitting awkwardly as she likes to be sitting up properly. We have a strider compact which she loves and that has a proper upright feature. I like the look of this pram and I would love to test this pram but cannot find a retailer in S.A. thanks so any advice would be helpful as I thought I liked the mountain buggy till I tried it... :)

ShanD

ShanDasked

1) I love the huge canopy, BUT, is this a hot pram? The fabric and bulkiness of the hoods look like it might get hot?

2)Has anyone had issues with the size of this pram either at the shops or when its folded and fitting into the car?

Amy

My two kids really feel the heat and neither had a problem this last summer. If it was particularly hot I would unzip the back to let some more airflow in for my baby.

The pram fits through a standard door and it's only slightly wider than my single jogging pram so I've had no issues with the size, can be a bit tricky in restaurant/cafes, but you're going to get that with any double pram!
We have a Nissan Dualis and it fits in the back easily with room to spare.

Taryn

Tarynasked

How often do you need to pump your bumbleride wheels please?

Amy

Probably every 2 months, depends how much you use it.

Dan
Dan

We use ours daily for the last 6 months. They are just needing air now.

Kaz

Every 4-6 weeks for us and we use our pram a lot.

Ally

Allyasked

Hello. How does the indie twin 2016 carrycot attach to the indie twin 2016/17 ? Does it require any adaptors? Is there an instruction manual to download for the 2016 carrycot?

Kaz

Hi, I'm sorry but i don't know as i only bought the pram after #2 was 6 months old. The website indicates that it's easy.
I had the city select double when #2 was born and didn't use the carrycot\bassinet. I also didn't bother with #1. Instead i just buought a padded neck support thing when they were really really small. I had a quinny wth #1 and that reclined fully with lots of padded support so didn't need it.

JoJo

JoJoasked

Can i use for only one child if my eldest is at day care or walking beside or will the balance be all out? Is there a side luggage option like bugaboo donkey for when only one child is in the pram? TiA

Kathryn

I've used it for only one child and just put my nappy bag in the other seat. It is a fixed 2 seat pram.

CHig
CHig

It doesn't have a side storage option like the donkey. It is a fixed 2 seat pram. I have one child in it regularly when one is at kindy or just wants to walk. It does pull slightly but I put that down to a combination of being on uneven paths, my youngest being a big boy and also needing to inflate the tires a bit more (it's been a while). Even with the slight pull it handles brilliantly and it's not noticeable in places like shopping centres. I can manoeuvre it with one hand with one or two in.

Sim

Simasked

Is the seat back tall enough for very tall 2-3 year olds? My 18mth daughter is 97th percentile in height and only has an inch or so spare in our single indie. I need a double for when she turns 2 and the indie twin looks perfect except for seat back height..

Kathryn

My son is 2.5 (75th %ile height) and still has heaps of room. I guess it depends on whether they're longer in the legs or torso.

Lauren
Lauren

The back height of the seat is quite generous, I bought this pram when my eldest was 2.3yrs old & she's always been off the chart for her height, she's now 3.6yrs old- 110cms tall & I still put her in the pram for my exercise walks weekly & she is comfortable & can lower/open the hood & her head still has a couple of cms until it touches! I hope this helps. :-)

natalie43asked

Do you think this pram will fit in the Holden Astra? Thank!

mummyof2boys

Possibly if you take the wheels off too. The wheel side of the fold is very chunky and only just fit in the boot of my ford fairmont. Hope that helps

Fairysasked

Are they pump up wheels or not?

amber

Yes pump wheels but comes with pump and I.ve only had to pump once

Fairys

Can you tell me if its Australian standards?

mummyof2boys

Yes pump up and as stated you get a pump with the pram. Its to au standards as its sold in most baby stores here in Australia

seahorse66

seahorse66asked

Has anyone had problems kicking the bar between the back wheels when walking with the pram? It looks similar to a single stroller I have and I am constantly kicking it, drives me insane!
TIA.

amber

Neither hubby or I kick wheels he.s 6ft.

Get an answer from our members and Bumbleride representatives