6Bumbleride Indie Twin

Bumbleride Indie Twin Questions & Answers

Stéphanie B.
Stéphanie B.

Hi, I have a bumbleride Indie and I have trouble folding it. When I pull the 2 latches it just blocks. It won’t fold. It is out of warranty (4+yr old). How can I fix it/fold it??

Bumbleride   DM

Hi Stephanie, Please contact our customer service team and they will assist you with a solution. Please email: external link  or call 03 9588 0999 for assistance

Brendan

We’ve had our Bumble ride single just over 3 years (outside of its warranty). We are currently using it for our second child, it’s a fantastic pram and very versatile. Unfortunately only recently it hasn’t started locking when open, hence it keeps collapsing in on itself when it’s “lifted up”, like trying to get over a road curb. Has anyone had this issue? Is it fixable?

Bumbleride   DM

Hi Brendan, I suggest you give our Bumbleride team a call and ask for Nigel. He can help you resolve the problem with your hinge so you can get your pram back on the road. Just call 03 9588 0999. Thanks, Jenine

Brendan

Hi Jenine, I managed to contact Danish by Design and they have been extremely helpful and are sending ut a replacement frame. The customer service received from Bumbleride is amazing, thank you for your assistance
!

Bumbleride   DM

That's so great to hear! Please let us know if you need any further help. Warm regards, Jenine

Maddy P.

Hi there, me and my partner are looking to purchase a bumbler ride duo for our soon to be born twins. How are the regular seats for newborns?! Are they comfy enough? We don’t want capsules or bassinets as have 0-4 car seats already purchased! We live very remotely also so not in the car very often! Cheers

Tina M

Hi Maddy, They are great for newborns. I recommend getting a pram liner for each seat. Fyi we ordered a new storage basket thingy at the 2yr mark. It got a bit tatty. Their customer service is great. Good luck!

Bumbleride   DM

Hi Maddy, Bumbleride Aust offer free return shipping and full refund if you aren't happy with the product or change your mind. You have 14 days. Good to know this as you are in a remote area so it's hard to check the pram out in person :)

Maddy P.

Thanks for replying! I’m currently in Perth for another month until the bubs are due! We’re looking for something that suits the really hot weather, that is tough and will handle gravel tracks...Reckon this will make the cut?! Cheers!!

Bumbleride   DM

Hi Maddy, All the Bumbleride prams travel really well off road because they have all-wheel suspension and air-filled tyres. This means they can go anywhere and you'll get a super smooth ride. Without these two features it will be a bumpier ride, plus the pram may be harder to steer as it's not gliding over the surface. The tyres are really quick and easy to maintain too.

Regarding the weather, you can create extra air flow if need be. The hood has a peek-a-boo window in the top with mesh, there's also a mesh panel in the head area, plus you can zip open the back completely to increase air flow. The hood also has an extra long extension for sun protection and is UV resistant.

If you haven't already looked at the reviews and demonstration videos on the Bumbleride website, this may help you understand all the features as well. Good luck with your decision making!

Daniel C.
Daniel C.

Hi there we have a bumbleride Indi and it seems that the 2 pull latches on the side have locked up and it now won’t fold down at all.
Has anyone else had the problem or know how how to trouble shoot it???
Unfortunately it is out of warranty so a bit stuck with this one.
We have the single indi version not double.

Bumbleride   DM

Hi Daniel. I am not sure how old your Indie is but it has a 3 year warranty on the frame. If you are within this period please fill in this form external link  and we will be happy to assist

Hello,
I am worried about punctures on the air filled tyres as we don’t have footpaths where I live. We have foam tires on our current pram and constantly get little sharp pebbles stuck in them, which isn’t a problem as they don’t puncture anything. Has anyone had dramas with puncturing the tyres? An occasional pump up doesn’t bother me but am worried if they are like bike tyres and the inner tube gets punctured, they then need to be replaced.
Thanks,
Emma

Bumbleride   DM

Hi Emma. Small stones will not puncture your tyres but if you run across glass or nails there is a risk of it happening. If so, you can repair the tube like on a bike and it will not need replacing. Hope this helps

Tina M

Hi Emma, We have never had any tyre issues. It comes with a free pump and we only pump them up every 2 months or so. Cheers,Tina.

Hi there,
Can you substitute one of the seats for the bassinet? In the pictures I can only find either 2 seats or 2 bassinets, but not the 1 each combination. I am looking for a double pram that can seat my toddler and would like the bassinet for my newborn.
Best,
Emma

Tina M

Hi, I didn't buy the bassinet but used two baby mico baby capsules which worked fine. I reckon you could do the bassinet and seat configuration. The seats are quite separate to one another. Try the bumbleride Australia customer service email on their website. Tina.

Emily
Emily

I used one seat and one bassinet. It worked well but you do need to remove the bassinet to fold, that didn't bother us as were used to using a bugaboo. Once you have both seats on it snaps down in one piece.

Bumbleride   DM

Yes, you can have one bassinet and one seat on the Indie Twin. Or a capsule and a seat. If you want to keep it super simple, lay the seat flat and with the hood over and the foot rest folded up you have created a bassinet style space for your newborn (it is forward facing whereas the bassinet will be rear facing)

Grace R.
Grace R.

Hi, My husband and I are tall (6ft 1) could you tell me if the handlebars adjust well?

Bumbleride   DM

Hi Grace. The handlebars can easily be adjusted to suit your heights and you will have plenty of room for your stride too. No problem

Mike
Mike

Specs read it is 36" long, but is it with the handlebar unfolded or folded (if you fold the handlebar in the upright position)?

Tina M

Hi Mike, Folded, in the boot it sits 29 inches high and 30 inches long. We have a Nissan Qashqai. It takes up the whole boot. It stands upright in the boot instead of flat on the floor. Not enough room to lay flat. It's been a fantastic pram for us.

Thanks Tina

Alexandra M.
Alexandra M.

Hi, I would like to know if the backrest when in upright position is fully upright or reclined? I was looking at the mountain buggy and when I put my toddler in it at the upright position it was on too much of a recline and she kept pulling herself forward and sitting awkwardly as she likes to be sitting up properly. We have a strider compact which she loves and that has a proper upright feature. I like the look of this pram and I would love to test this pram but cannot find a retailer in S.A. thanks so any advice would be helpful as I thought I liked the mountain buggy till I tried it... :)

ShanD
ShanD

1) I love the huge canopy, BUT, is this a hot pram? The fabric and bulkiness of the hoods look like it might get hot?

2)Has anyone had issues with the size of this pram either at the shops or when its folded and fitting into the car?

Amy

My two kids really feel the heat and neither had a problem this last summer. If it was particularly hot I would unzip the back to let some more airflow in for my baby.

The pram fits through a standard door and it's only slightly wider than my single jogging pram so I've had no issues with the size, can be a bit tricky in restaurant/cafes, but you're going to get that with any double pram!

We have a Nissan Dualis and it fits in the back easily with room to spare.

Taryn
Taryn

How often do you need to pump your bumbleride wheels please?

Amy

Probably every 2 months, depends how much you use it.

Dan
Dan

We use ours daily for the last 6 months. They are just needing air now.

Kaz

Every 4-6 weeks for us and we use our pram a lot.

Ally
Ally

Hello. How does the indie twin 2016 carrycot attach to the indie twin 2016/17 ? Does it require any adaptors? Is there an instruction manual to download for the 2016 carrycot?

Kaz

Hi, I'm sorry but i don't know as i only bought the pram after #2 was 6 months old. The website indicates that it's easy.

I had the city select double when #2 was born and didn't use the carrycot\bassinet. I also didn't bother with #1. Instead i just buought a padded neck support thing when they were really really small. I had a quinny wth #1 and that reclined fully with lots of padded support so didn't need it.

JoJo
JoJo

Can i use for only one child if my eldest is at day care or walking beside or will the balance be all out? Is there a side luggage option like bugaboo donkey for when only one child is in the pram? TiA

Kathryn

I've used it for only one child and just put my nappy bag in the other seat. It is a fixed 2 seat pram.

CHig
CHig

It doesn't have a side storage option like the donkey. It is a fixed 2 seat pram. I have one child in it regularly when one is at kindy or just wants to walk. It does pull slightly but I put that down to a combination of being on uneven paths, my youngest being a big boy and also needing to inflate the tires a bit more (it's been a while). Even with the slight pull it handles brilliantly and it's not noticeable in places like shopping centres. I can manoeuvre it with one hand with one or two in.

Sim
Sim

Is the seat back tall enough for very tall 2-3 year olds? My 18mth daughter is 97th percentile in height and only has an inch or so spare in our single indie. I need a double for when she turns 2 and the indie twin looks perfect except for seat back height..

Kathryn

My son is 2.5 (75th %ile height) and still has heaps of room. I guess it depends on whether they're longer in the legs or torso.

Lauren
Lauren

The back height of the seat is quite generous, I bought this pram when my eldest was 2.3yrs old & she's always been off the chart for her height, she's now 3.6yrs old- 110cms tall & I still put her in the pram for my exercise walks weekly & she is comfortable & can lower/open the hood & her head still has a couple of cms until it touches! I hope this helps. :-)

natalie43

Do you think this pram will fit in the Holden Astra? Thank!

mummyof2boys

Possibly if you take the wheels off too. The wheel side of the fold is very chunky and only just fit in the boot of my ford fairmont. Hope that helps

Fairys

Are they pump up wheels or not?

amber

Yes pump wheels but comes with pump and I.ve only had to pump once

Fairys

Can you tell me if its Australian standards?

mummyof2boys

Yes pump up and as stated you get a pump with the pram. Its to au standards as its sold in most baby stores here in Australia

seahorse66
seahorse66

Has anyone had problems kicking the bar between the back wheels when walking with the pram? It looks similar to a single stroller I have and I am constantly kicking it, drives me insane!

TIA.

amber

Neither hubby or I kick wheels he.s 6ft.

Get an answer from our members and Bumbleride representatives