DeLonghi La Specialista Maestro

DeLonghi La Specialista Maestro Questions & Answers

MPNs: EC9665.M and EC9665M

9 questions from our users

Courtie H.asked

Is it normal for a new machine to have coffee grinds on it and smell strong of coffee in the grinder?

Straps
Straps

Do you mean at the point of ‘unboxing’ from the shop.??

Courtie H.

Yes straight from the box I brought it today opened it and it has grinds near the tamp and the grinder smells like coffee

Doris Smith
Doris Smith

Take it back and ask for a new machine as paid for, not a 2nd hand one as received. Unacceptable on every level from any retailer.

Lorraine D.
Lorraine D.asked

Coffee grinder no working

renny
rennyasked

Hi are the cappuccino nice and hot I currently have a very expensive machine but not impressed

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Renny, for this particular machine, yes the cappuccinos are hot. Since this is a manual machine you can heat up the milk with the steam wand to however hot you would like.
The best places to look around for the best price would be at https://delonghicoffeemachines.com.au/ and this will also tell you which stores near you are selling the Maestro :)

Lynsey asked

The coffee is hot enough how can I make it hotter without using the Manual streamer?

Hi Lynsey,
You can customise your length of pour for both coffee and milk with the "MY" button if your using the auto milk carafe. If you want to learn more about your machine you can book a one on one with a coffee expert who can go through how to customise your coffees at: https://www.delonghi.com/en-au/live-coffee-expert#

Lynsey

We have looked in the manual and there is no option to increase the temperature it’s is set at 5 also out coffee being dispensed into the tamper is not working correctly now when we got it it was fine at 15 now it’s down to 9 and still to much coffee so we have to scrap it out every time

Hi Lynsey,
The best way to increase the temperature on the automatic milk would be to customise your drinks to have around 40% coffee and 60% milk. The temperature of the coffee will increase the temperature of the milk. The way to customise is linked below for you, and if you are having trouble you can book in a one-on-one with us, the link is above. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDmmeKTjEQ

As for the ground coffee. You will need to adjust the settings for the bean as the same settings will not work properly on older bean or newer beans. If you have the dose level on 9 and it is still too much for your basket, try decreasing the settings.

Ashasked

Hi, i just got my Maestro from your online store, delivered in a few days of ordering which was great, and all goes well. One issue I am having is the LatteCrema system - just blows steam - it does siphon the milk up by the looks. I have read the instuctions, checked the system, cleaned it and still no action. Can you assist. Ash

Michael Cook

Hi Ash did your Latte Crema system come with a little plastic tube that attaches to the lid where there is a hole for drawing the milk up. If so do you place the curved end into the top so the flat end sits in the jug and draws the milk? If you did not get this tube I suggest contacting Delonghi Customer Service. Hope this helps.

ConLac
ConLac

Take the clean function off clean and turn the knob to the froth you want. Latte is the middle one

Ash

Thanks - I have the tube in the milk and tried all of the settings for milk froth and none work - only steam comes out of the spout.

GTSasked

Hi,

I have recently purchased a La Specialista EC9665M (Australia, Harvey Norman) love the machine, brews great. Our issue is with brewing and frothing at the same time, can this be done?

We were told by sales staff it can do it, only to find out it's not the case. As we regularly make 2-4 coffees at a time when having staff meetings etc, it takes a lot longer to do. Especially leaving the first brewed coffee waiting until the fourth is brewed, then to froth 2 jugs aftwards.

I know this may sound menial to some, but the extra time is often important to us. Thanks for any advice.

Michael Cook

I have not been in that situation. However if you grind each cup as normal set dial to what you want and then manually froth with frother all the milk to right heat and pour in each cup. I do not think you can do it automatically. I might suggest you contact delonghi customer service representatives who would know more. I hope this has helped.

Mick King
Mick King

I purchased the same machine to make coffee shop quality coffee. It makes coffee at the same speed as a coffee shop. You can try the auto milk jug, it makes the milk quicker, or maybe instant coffee.

GTS

Thanks for the reply Mick. Yes we've tried the auto frother, not enough milk for our large coffees, if temp and quantitycan be adjustedon the auto frothing that would be great. I've tried all settings to no avail. I'm questioning if brewing & frothing is doable at the same time. Otherwise the machine is great.

Lino S.
Lino S.asked

where can i buy the delonghi la specialista meastro in scotland

CherylDeLonghi

Hi Lino,
Very happy to hear you are wanting a Maestro. This site is monitored by De'Longhi Australia. We have been the first country to release Maestro. Probably the best thing for you is to check with De'Longhi UK as to when they will release Maestro. Here is the link

Ray
Rayasked

Hi we recently purchased a EC9665 and we can’t get it to build any pressure at all. We are using Vittoria beans and when we grind them finely the water doesn’t even make it through and starts spilling out other places. When we grind it coarsely we do get some coffee flow but it’s more of a drip than steady flow and again the pressure gauge does not move at all. Could the beans cause this or is our machine faulty out of the box?

DelonghiDeLonghi

Hi Ray, it could be that the settings on the machine aren't matched to the beans, and you will need to adjust the coarseness and dose level, but if you would like you can talk to one of our coffee experts to help you with your machine and get your settings perfect? If so, please direct message us and we will organise this :)

Annette A.asked

I bought the Specialista Maestro yesterday, but I cannot find how to adjust the volume of milk that comes from the automatic milk frother. We have large cups/mugs and love lattes, but I haven’t been able to adjust how much milk comes out and am always left with only 1/2 a cup. Hoping this is an easy fix I just haven’t found yet. Thank you

Josh
Josh

Hi Annette,

You’ll need to select your coffee type first then you press and hold the my button and then okay. This will run through the coffee and milk cycle but you’ll have to press okay to stop each cycle whenever you’ve reached your desired amount of each. After you’ve finished the milk press the my button again and it will remember the amounts for next time.

You’ll know which one you’ve got personalised setting on next time by looking at the my button, it will light up.

Hope this helps.

Annette A.

Ok thank you I will give it a try.

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines