5Ecovacs Deebot Neo

Ecovacs Deebot Neo Questions & Answers

Gagandeep K.
Gagandeep K.

We bought this vaccum week ago .on floor it does great work but on carpet it's always
Need to clean sensors

Vanessa W.
Vanessa W.

Can I put a 2nd device downstairs and run 2 vacs off the same app

Bel Beaumont
Bel Beaumont

Does this robotvac operate without WiFi access? (I don't have home WiFi, only mobile internet, and I've found some appliances won't connect to a mobile hotspot for internet access). Can the robotvac function fully without use of the Internet and the app?

Ru B.
Ru B.

Does the app have multiple map capability? ie Can I create a 2nd stored map and take the Neo to the upstairs level?

Peter R.
Peter R.

Deebot Neo doesn’t mop up to the walls. It leaves a wide dirty strip alongside the walls. How can I overcome this without resorting to hand mopping

Stephanie N.
Stephanie N.

Can the Neo detect drop-offs and avoid them, or do I have to set up a geoboundary fence?

Sue B.
Sue B.

Hi there, my ECOVACS robot has suddenly stopped suctioning. I have tried everything from replacing the main brush, filter, cleaning the sensors , and resetting it. What do I do?!

Rumneek
Rumneek

My Debot Neo is on the mop only mode. How do I change this?

Tim T.
Tim T.

Has anyone used the deebot cleaning solution in a Neo? And if so, how much do you add?

Russell B.
Russell B.

Can the robot cross carpet to mop a designated hard floor (defined) AREA, as designated on my map?

Michelle S.

When I set it to mop, it only does the tiled floors, ignoring carpet areas so I'd say yes.

Min doesn't

A&D Ranauro
A&D Ranauro

Can you add metho or any tile cleaner to the water reservoir for the mopping function .

Michelle S.

Good question. I wondered that but apparently it may damage the components. Ecovacs do have special floor cleaning solutions but I couldn't find one for the Neo. I use the Neo for a general surface mop but when the floor needs a deep clean, I use my steam mop.

Rahme A.

Can Ecovacs Deebot Neo vaccum clean and mop the same area many cycles or only one cycle cause i looked for that in instruction manual book I couldn’t find nothing about that neither in the app on the phone?!!

Michelle S.

If you go into cleaning preferences, you can increase the number of times it vacuums/mops an area and the intensity of the mopping and vacuum pattern.

Rahme A.

When I press on the cleaning preference it showed only the vaccum power and the water flow level it doesn’t show the number of times?!!
How i can fix that?
And thanks for ur answer i really appreciate it

Pato
Pato

If you go into either the ‘Auto’ or ‘Area’ on the App it should display a map. To the left of the map is ‘cleaning preference’ touch this then ‘Cleaning preference edit’. There you will be able to increase the cleaning times from 1 to 2 along with amount of water and suction power setting.

Fabian K.
Fabian K.

Hello, can I just remove the cleaning cloth, empty the water tank but leave the mop plate on and then run a vacuum cycle? In other words, can I run a vacuum cycle with just the plastic mop plate on? Thanks, Fabian

Michelle S.

No I dont think so. I think it will register the mopping plate so will want to mop. It can mop or vacuum but not both.

Jemanic

I found it easier to remove the water tank wash to cloth and put it back on for the next time I mop. The water tank is not needed to vacuum

Fab

If you put the tank back in empty it will still vacuum with the plate on (without the cleaning cloth). I've done it.

ailee r.
ailee r.

I have uneven tile floors and a few high room dividers.
What is the max height the neo can traverse and navigate?
Or is a different model more capable?

Yvette
Yvette

I just purchased an Ecovacs Deebot Neo. I don’t have home internet. Can I still use it or should I return it. If it can be used without WI FI there aren’t any instructions on how to set up without WI FI?

Michelle S.

I use wifi but I believe it works via bluetooth with Google Assistant on a smartphone using voice commands. If you Google Can I use Ecovacs Deebot with my phone? It takes you to an Ecovacs webpage with instructions how to do it.

GoodOutcomes
GoodOutcomes

To use and control the vacuum through the app you would need to have wifi

jacqui A.
jacqui A.

I'm sure you can just press start button on machine.

Charles

What’s the height clearance for this vacuum?

Michelle S.

Whatever the height of the robot is. He goes our beds, tables, chairs etc no problems. It's more about giving him enough width (including the brushes) to move freely through spaces.

Charles

Would it fit under 5 cm gap of entertainment unit?

Michelle S.

No. Its compact but that small. It has the dust box, water tank, brushes and roller and wheels to fit in so it does well being the size that it is.

Jot
Jot

I cannot remove the mop plate

Michelle S.

I had problems too when mine was new. I googled it and gave a firm tug and it came off. Much easier now after many uses.

Jemanic

After many emails to ECOVACS so-called customer service, I am not able to find an accessory pack for the DEEBOT NEO. They keep sending me the wrong thing, then tell me it is not suitable for the NEO and that I have to send it back at my cost. Very frustrating to deal, with can someone tell me if the N8 accessory pack is suitable for the NEO or where I can buy one for the NEO without using ECOVACS?

Fab

Here you go: https://www.ecovacs.com/au/deebot-winbot-accessories/buddy-kit-t9-n8-ozmo-950

Jemanic

I Did buy that first, and they said it was not suitable, sent it back, and reordered one for the Neo, and they sent the same one back. Have to return at my expense, and I will never deal with them again. Staff seems to have no idea what they are doing.

Michael H.
Michael H.

Stop paying for return shipping. Contact your credit card.

Priyanka A.
Priyanka A.

Does it has auto detection for rug/carpet and tiles while in operation? As I just lay big sized rug on floor

Michelle S.

It has no problems vacuuming carpets and different pile rugs in our house.

Seth W.
Seth W.

Which auto emptying station can I buy for my Deebot Neo

Carolyn D.
Carolyn D.

Don’t - they are a huge waste of money - the auto empty is only at the end of the cleaning cycle it has no ability to tell when the dust chamber is full so it keeps cleaning and sucking until the dust nicks the roller and the “main brush tangled” and it stops- it doesn’t return to auto empty staton to empty when it’s full.then when it’s full the empty ports don’t suck any thick stuff out - they are the size of postage stamps /<20c piece so dog hair dust won’t empty and stays in the chamber and then it is full for the next cycle and so the same error after a small bit of vacuuming and Deebot is stopped again!!
The only reasonable way around it is making schedules for one small room at a time or half a big room and then Deebot will dock itself and empty and hopefully empty enough to do another half room - other wise a total waste of time. You have to make sure the half room schedules are far enough apart to be able to get charge on it again to complete the room too.
The auto empty station is a huge bust IMO - very expensive and does not do what it’s supposed to do at all. Waste of $$$

Get an answer from our members and Ecovacs representatives