Falken WildPeak AT3W

Falken WildPeak AT3W Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Falken? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

7 questions from our users

Gareth asked

What is the life expectancy of the tires for on road use only

Bernard P.
Bernard P.

Hi Gareth, I have currently 95000on ours and they will have at least 15k-20k left in them. They have worn really even with the pressures I run. I will go another set without hesitation.

Hi Bernard
Thats an astonishing amount of ks 'what pressure do you recommend ' i have a Nissan Patrol

Chris W.asked

Trying to find it in a 235/60/R18, travelling most rugged roads with mud, can anyone give me some help as to where to get them

Jason

I bought my AT3's from Beaudesert Tyre Store.

Hi Jason, thanks for that, were they 235/60/R18s

Ipchasked

I'm aware that the Wild Peak sidewalls are 2 ply, but what about tread ply? Are the 4 ply also?

Ken saddle

Your assumption of 2 ply sidewall is incorrect from a construction point of view. From a lamination perspective they are 2 ply. Remember it’s 2 ply overlapped.
The tread of the A/T3Ws feature a six-ply construction that consists of two layers of steel, polyester and polyamide.

Ipchasked

What ply. rating are the Falcon Wild Peak AT3 please?

Ken saddle

The AT3W use a unique tread continued sidewall ply design, therefore the 2 ply sides are multiplied giving 4 ply sides. I’ve never seen a sidewall failure on a Falken AT3W

Ipch

Thanks for your reply..But what about tread ply? Are they 4ply also or something different?

Jason

“...six-ply construction that consists of two layers of steel, polyester and polyamide...”

John M.
John M.asked

Are all Falken Wildpeak AT3W tyres of light truck construction or are there different versions.

chrisoftheinland
chrisoftheinland

not a question I can get an answer to either!

Hong J.
Hong J.asked

Hi there, I m running Dunlop AT22 265/65/17 for my Ford ranger xlt 3.2(2018).Now, thinking of upgrading to Falken AT3/W, any lifting or modify needed? Tks

Jan Thorpe
Jan Thorpe

I'm sorry I cannot give you any technical info as per your question ,,, all I can say is that I have had a few brands of tyres on my Troopy over the years including the Dunlops you have ,, plus ,, B F Goodrich and Coopers on which I toured Australia on some pretty rugged terrain. I was happy with the Dunlop and Goodrich tyres, disappointed in the Coopers and so far I am happy with the Falkens albeit I haven't done any serious off-roading yet. For a rugged looking tyre they are very quiet around town but I cannot give you any thoughts on 4WDing, although my tyre supplier has given me great recommendations. Give em a try and good luck.

Steve
Steve

If you stay with the same size tyre there is no change to any aspect of your vehicle.
If you change the tyre size you will need to stay withing any legal constraints applicable, here we are allowed 2 inch larger diameter for example. Then you will need to check whether larger diameter and/or width will foul the wheel arch - steering wheels have more movement. If there is any fouling you may be able to panel beat, adjust steering lock etc. or you may need suspension modification. Best place to look would be on a Ranger owners forum.

Yang H.
Yang H.

my mate put 285/65/17 on his 2019 Ranger wildtrack without any mods or lift

garryasked

what tyre pressure do you run on a 265/60r18 114T AT3w.
thanks

Paul S.
Paul S.

On the road I run 38psi and depending on conditions as low as 18psi.

waynjt