Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader

Fisher & Paykel WashSmart Front Loader Questions & Answers

WH7560P2 (7.5kg), WH8560P2 (8.5kg), WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

125 questions from our users

Andy F

Andy Fasked

WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

When I turn mine it shows that the Keylock button is on. But I can’t turn it off then it enters a strange spin setting where it appears to show what I believe the RPM. It spins for a minute or so and then stops. Then it just keeps doing it. I am Unable to turn Keylock off

Andy F

Andy Fasked

WashSmart Front Loader

Hi, when we turn our washing machine on nothings works and Keylock is lit. Then all the lights light up and it enters a strange setting. Goes into spin mode and it shows the RPM speed I think. Goes right up then stops and does it all over again. Holding the Keylock button does fix it.

Rachael B.

Rachael B.asked

WashSmart Front Loader

I'm having trouble with mould not only in the rubber ring around the door butvim the powder dispenser draw. I clean it regularly and leave the door open but still mould. The draw dispenser regularly blocks up and doesn't take all of the powder or fabric softener...
Can someone offer advice please as it's out of warranty now....

Tina A.

Tina A.asked

WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

All of a sudden my washing machine has started making sounds like a train or truck coming through the house when spinning. It is level.

JeannieCeeasked

WashSmart WH8560P2 (8.5kg)

Why are these washers being discounted May 2020?

N Lim
N Lim

We just purchased the 12kg front loader.... worst decision ever... it doesnt spin dry your clothes very well so you have to put it through extra 24 minutes of spin cycle.... and it shakes like almighty.... its perfectly level.... about it being quiet..... when it spins it near on walks off by itself...... wish I bought a top loader....

JeannieCee

Maybe you should seek professional assistance with this N Lim, as it doesn't sound right. I did buy the WH8560P2, it arrived 2 days ago and I did 4 loads of washing yesterday using various wash cycles. I was extremely happy with the wash, spin and quietness of the washer. Have found nothing bad yet.

Susanna

Susannaasked

WashSmart Front Loader

Twice now in a year our machine has gone nuts while spinning. Jumped around smashing itself against the cavity it sits in. Sounded like something was coming through the wall. The banging noise was horrendous. Just had a normal load in. Any ideas?

Witty64

Sorry to hear this. I'd be ringing F & P - even if it's out of warranty.

Helen P.
Helen P.

Mine did the same. Ran out of warranty in December. My main bearing went and it was going to cost $315. I called them and they are giving me a brand new washer. I couldn't believe it.

Ghoop

Ghoopasked

WashSmart Front Loader

Our washer (WH8560P) failed to start the spin cycle and just sits there rocking back and forth endlessly. Tried reset but to no avail. Had a heavy sweater on board and am wondering if the machine was unable to balance the load before starting the spin. When I took the load out cycle completed OK.

Steven Fejgl
Steven Fejgl

Yup sounds like out of balance happened to me when I washed a heavy doona it couldn't balance it out

Witty64

I'd ring Fisher & Paykel & tell them what happened. They should be very understanding & give you an answer over the phone. (my washer is a 7.5 kg load so presume if I go over something won't happen).

Raymond G.

Raymond G.asked

WashSmart Front Loader

We just moved house and our new front load washing machine spills water when it is paused and the door is opened to add a extra item. It was work before the move, and seem to work ok when the cycle is allowed to complete without opening the door

Ellen C.

Ellen C.asked

WashSmart Front Loader

hi my washer isnt really turning on it just clicks n flashes but doesnt turn on does anyone know how to fix this or is it broken

Witty64

Once the power is turned on and the settings selected you press “start” . The machine automatically starts, water first. Hope this helps.

Trish Clarke

Trish Clarkeasked

WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

From clean cycle flashing but unable to turn knob from cottons or start machine

Greg G.

Greg G.asked

WashSmart WH8060P2 (8.0kg)

I have a wh8060p2 washing machine it was working fine and then it started coming up with error no tap I’ve checked everything the book says the only thing I can find not quite right is the water flow rate 5 1/2 Ltrs per minute not 6 Ltrs per minute is going stop the machine and only in the rinse mode any ideas

buffy

buffyasked

My 59 minutes wash takes 75 any ideas

Kenny

Kennyasked

WashSmart Front Loader

Today my Fisher & Paykel 6.0kg washing machine has decided not to work. It is filling up with water but does not start the cycle process and after 10 or so minutes it re drains the water out of the machine. Any advice or tips on what has caused this and what it could be?

Tanya

Tanyaasked

WashSmart Front Loader

Hi I have a WH8560P2 8.5kg front loader & it just started to turn itself off the last couple of days then today it just keeps restarting not sure what’s going on

Lachie.M

Lachie.Masked

WashSmart Front Loader

Have had the machine for awhile been good now err 10 is coming up, does anyone have any info if it is an easy fix or should we just look for a new washer and save the call out fee?

Jennyasked

WashSmart Front Loader

I have a 7.5kg Quicksmart and the door won't open at the end of the cycle anymore.

Bev M.
Bev M.

You need a mechanic to open it.

Mossimo
Mossimo

Door safety solenoid has died. Needs repair/replacement.

Jackie

Jackieasked

WashSmart WH7560P2 (7.5kg)

I keep getting the clr fltr message even after I’ve cleaned it all on hands and knees. It’s still under warranty but I live an hour from anywhere so would prefer some advice here from F&P before I add three hours to your tech’s day.

Liana

Lianaasked

WashSmart Front Loader

Hi our machine is brand new.
However in the spin cycle it vibrates uncontrollably, moves across the room and sounds like an airplane taking off. Wondering if anyone has any advice?
Have tried a slower spin speed. Different loads of washing etc. but still getting the same problem.
The machine has actually put some holes in the wall where it has hit the wall during the spin cycle.
Thanks in advance

Aimee B.

Aimee B.asked

WashSmart Front Loader

W th at does drum clean mean and would that appearing stop the machine from starting?

keith S.

keith S.asked

WashSmart Front Loader

"Door open" is flashing when door is securely closed, What is solution?

Get an answer from our members and Fisher & Paykel representatives