Honda HRU19

Honda HRU19 Questions & Answers

HRU19K1, HRU19M1, HRU19D, etc...

55 questions from our users

Geoffrey B.
Geoffrey B.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

Am using this mower for the first time What do I need to do to start the motor?

jbambury
jbambury

Turn the fuel flow on, if it isn't already on, push the throttle all the way forward as far as you can (this activates the choke) then pull the cord. Once the engine fires pull the throttle back midway and let it idle and warm up. I never turn my fuel off and the mower starts 1st pull 98% of the time and always on the 2nd pull if it didn't start 1st pull.

Alan
Alan

On my mower, turn fuel on (I also always leave mine on), hold the engine brake lever on the handle in, and pull the starter.

HRU19

Where do the throttle cables connect on carby

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

From your many posts I believe you should take it to a proper service agent.

HRU19

What type of spark plug & gap size

Buffalo Buck HRU19K1

Fuel pours out when i open fuel valve

Vaz
Vaz

Pours out where?

Maveri
Maveri

You really need to describe exactly where the fuel is leaking from

Is it because of a lose clamp around the value (there's one prior to the valve and one afterwards, they are spring versions)

They might have come lose but more likely the hose might have developed a split after the valve (otherwise it would leak all the time)

You really need to describe in detail where the leak is happening

Vince J
Vince Jasked
HRU19

what quantity of oil required for reservoir

Carl F.
Carl F.asked
HRU19

My HRU19R has recently started to stop running after about 30 seconds, let it sit and it will start to run again with pretty much full power but stops after 30 seconds or even sooner when under load. have tried draining the fuel bowl and blowing fuel line back from fuel cock. Any ideas?

Country boy
Country boy

My thoughts be would be the auto choke malfunctioning (if equipped) to check you can simply pull the air filter cover and filter and sight if open or closed

Brendan H.
Brendan H.asked

Years of manufacture?

Isaia leviasked

Want to buy this one

JOHN
JOHN

Choose wisely, it will last a lifetime!! Excellent home lawn mower but not commercial!!

Kevin W.
Kevin W.asked

what is the spark plug gap on a honda 4 stroke hru 19 lawn mower

Kevin W.
Kevin W.asked
HRU19

what is the spark plug gap

TheOneAndDroneyasked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

I'm torn between the HRU19M2 and the HRU196M2 (yes, I know it's commercial - but the decks are identical) The HRU19 has the updated 170cc, but of the lower "C" class, not the "X" so it has more cc's but inferior in build. I don't care about engine speed control or the blade brake the HRU196 has - but the mechanism protection guards and the metal engine/exhaust cover/air filter housing etc (vs plastic everything on the HRU19) appeals. The main thing I'm torn about is that one is commercial quality and the other isn't. I've got a price match for $799 on the HRU19M@ and $1099 on the HRU196M2, so just $300 between them. Any input from HRU196M2 users? (not the M1 please)

Brendan H
Brendan H

HRU19M2

Robbo3057

I have a HRU196M2PBUH version of the mower. It depends on how flat your yard is. The mower is commercial grade and weighs in a 44kg empty so it's heavy. Really heavy after an hour or two mowing in the sun. It's a two person job to get it in and out of the car when it needs servicing. That being said, it is incredibly reliable. Apart from the weight, I can't fault it. Probably worth the $1229 I paid for it.

TheOneAndDroney

Thanks for the replies. I’ve heard from a source that the 160cc engine is being changed in all commercial Honda mowers. So I’ll wait for that to happen :)

That mower (if the blade brake model) is the $999 one.

KM W.
KM W.asked
HRU19

Does this model take unleaded petrol

jeremy.ieraci
jeremy.ieraci

HRU19

Type of oil and quantity

Best engine oil

Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

Best oil and what quantity

Robbo3057

Depends on the engine. If it's a GXV160 then it's 0.65 ltrs but if it's a GSV190 or a GCV160 then it's 0.55 ltrs. Any good quality motor oil will do the job.

James. M
James. M

How do I know if my engine is a GXV160, GSV190 Or GCV160???

vakaz 85asked

How much oil do the honda hru 19 series need upon oil change

Lee F.asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19M2

Picked up my new mower and used today, fantastic mower, cuts beautiful, but the catcher blows grass
out the vents majorly, all over me, i covered the vents with heavy duty tape, is this good or bad?

vakaz 85

No do not cover vents.... usually there is mesh inside the catcher over the vents to prevent this....

ok thanks

How’s the mower going?

rickn2115
rickn2115asked
Buffalo Buck HRU19R1

I used this mower last week with no problems
Now it starts but wont run ?
What position should the petrol tap be in - it is hard to see.
It starts with the choke on but then wont run in any position ?

Jeff A

I am not sure but try all positions. Pull the full line off to see if it is blocked. If not see your Honda dealer

Jennifer J.
Jennifer J.

Facing up if off. Facing left is on.

Brian Basked
HRU19

What grade of oil does a buffalo bull use

Jeff A

SAE 30 if in hot conditions which is most of Australia. I always used my 15W 40 diesel oil from my car. That way one oil. You will not use much in the Honda, only regular oil changes

Gary J.