Honda CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

6 questions from our users

sajith a.

sajith a.asked

hello...
I would like to know the price of Honda CB400 hyper VTec Revo in U.A.E.?

Kasiasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

i have cb400 revo 2010 when i ride in traffic the tanks get too hot difficult to ride my other friends also says the same problem cb 400 revo,i think after radiator fan on the air flow getting to under tank.if any one knows this answer.

Jorin C

Jorin Casked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

Does anyone know the colour code for the blue 2018 cb400sf revo?

Jamesasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

I bought non abs CB400SF Revo 2018 version if I want to install ABS is it able and what is the cost?

Kasi

u can't install . different frame and wirehanes.

James

Is there any other ways to install ABS other dan the frame works and harness to this model Honda CB400SF REVO 2018 version

PoeticJusticeasked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

What is the best method to lower the CB400? I'm 5.1" and would like to have my feet planted on my 2010 CB400.

Kathy

Hi Ya, I'm 5 foot 2 and lowered my 2012 CB 400A by first shaving some height off the seat. Local upholsterer only charged me $50. Seat is still really comfy. Still not low enough so I took bike to a local engineering firm (Caloundra Qld) who specializes in lowering dirt bikes etc. They removed the pre load adjusters and dropped it 30 mm thru the forks and shortened the side stand. I can fairly flat foot it in my chunky sole Johnny Reb boots. I have ridden on all sorts of roads, country bridges and even thru water at creek crossings no problem. Bike can be put back to original by refitting parts and a new side stand. Its been a great bike, 12000km last year never missed a beat. Hope that helps. Enjoy!

PoeticJustice

Thanks Kathy, Really appreciate the response. I too have chunky shoes and shaved the seat but still on my toes. What was the cost of removing the preload, and shortening the side stand? did it make much difference to the dynamics of the bike? do you notice it being bumpier?

isagani

Perhaps this technique could help: Motorcycle tips for short riders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAfvS2iJKoY

gin0234

gin0234asked

CB400 Hyper VTEC Revo

What's the different between a VTEC Spec III and a VTEC Revo?

Kathy

Sorry can't really answer that for you as don't have a mechanical background. My guess is that earlier Vtec motor was refined in some way and renamed.

isagani

Main difference: The VTEC engages earlier on the REVO (i.e. the rest of the valves open at lower engine revolutions than on the Spec III). "2008:The CB400SF Hyper VTEC Revo introduced Honda's PGM-FI programmed fuel injection and an idle air control valve for improved fuel economy and reliability. Revised engine materials and an integrated crank-case cover reduced the engine weight by 2 kg. The VTEC operation was further refined such that in gears 1–5 four-valve operation engaged at 6,300 rpm for wide open throttle, otherwise at 6,750 rpm, and remaining at 6,750 rpm in 6th gear. Independent cylinder ignition timing map, revised air intake geometry and a larger stainless steel muffler contribute to fuel efficiency. Updated frame rigidity and engine mounting position improved handling." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CB400SF

Nick
Nick

Revo has Fuel Injection. Spec3 is carb'd.

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives