Leitner Electric Folding Bicycle

74 questions from our users

Muhammad. I.

Muhammad. I.asked

Berlin

Hi. I want to change the fuse on my milan bike. But cannot find its location. Can you help?

Takeo N

Takeo Nasked

I wish to purchase a folding model,Tirol or Super T.

My commute takes 2400km per year.

How long battery can keep as design over the 80%?
Also how often will I need to change the parts such a wheel and etc.

Sorry my previous normal bike made in other company, was broken after 10 months with wheels and handle was completely broken which I supprised.

Thank you!

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, Thank you for your message. The battery uses Samsung cells and designed to last for 500 fully charged cycles. If you maintain the battery correctly, you should get a long lifetime our of it. However, obviously it comes to a number of factors. In regards to maintenance, we suggest to tighten spokes once a month if you are planning to travel daily, service your bike once every six months and etc. You should not need to change your wheels and parts. For your reference, we do stock all the spare parts in our Melbourne office. You can give us a call or email us if you ever require any assistance. Please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 or email at sales@leitner.com.au to discuss further. Thank you!

Peter G

Peter Gasked

I wish to purchase a folding model,Tirol or Libelle or Super T.
I am 188cm tall and 85kg and seat height important-
RE:Super T Can one purchase a longer seat shaft(to extend beyond 91cm)?
What makes the price difference between Tirol and Libelle? Is the Tirol structurally stronger and/or is the main shaft of the Libelle made stronger(and more expensive) to compensate ?
I like the Super T but can it be made to fit?
Your recommendation please.

markehemming
markehemming

I can only comment on the Tirol, as that's the one I've got. I'm 172 CMS and have the seat at the lowest setting and it's fine for me. I take my 2 yo on a baby seat and all up we are about 90KG - bike has no problem. Bike seems strong and well made.

Barry

I have a Libelle and my partner has the Super T, the price difference arises because the super T has a shock absorber under the seat post. The Super T is more comfortable but after buying a softer sprung after market saddle it is nearly as comfortable. I am 180 cm and weigh about 85kg and have the saddle set high which suits me well. I have a discarded milk carton carrier on the back to do my shopping. Other questions would be best directed to Leitner. I am happy with my purchase.

Leitner E.Leitner

Thanks for your message. And, thanks for everyones input and feedback as well!
The Tirol is a step over model and Libelle is a step through model. It is just the design of the frame that is different to suit individual needs. For the Super T, the seat height is limited to 94cm off the ground due to the design of the frame and dual suspension. We do not suggest to lift this seat post any higher. For further information, please contact us via 1300 856 725 or email at sales@leitner.com.au
Thank you!

catherine

catherineasked

Super T

i would like some infos about the battery
how long does it last? how many charge? can i charge it at home?
thanks
Catherine

Barry

The question about how long it lasts is best asked with Leitner. I think buy the 16 ah. battery for longer life. Rey easy to charge at home. Very pleased with mine which I use 4 to 5 times a week.

Doc

Docasked

I live in central Oregon, USA. Where would the bike be shipped from and who would service it?
Thanks,
David

Leitner E.Leitner

Dear David, Thanks for your message. The bikes will be shipped from Seattle warehouse. Most ebike shops can assist with servicing. If you have more questions, you can discuss with our USA team at sale@leitnerdirect.com or at 425 - 5222520 . Thank you!

Rion S.

Rion S.asked

Can you buy separately a battery case(without battery) ,a charger and the batterys bms?leitner berlin cruiser 36v 250w model

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, Thanks for your message. We do not sell the battery casing by itself nor the bms. However, if you can send us a picture and more details via email at sales@leitner.com.au , we will see how we can assist you. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.

Young Terry

Young Terryasked

Using a 48w or perhaps 50w battery improve hill claiming ability.
My bike lacks hill climbing ability.
Any suggestions;;; Please;;
Terry

Robert D.

I do not have much hill experience yet. I do think the wattsge of the motor is more important.

Barry

Electric bikes in Australia are limited by law to a max of 250 Watts which is the output of the Leitner bikes. So you are restricted whichever way you go. You can change have a 10AH or 16AH battery which will effect the range but not the power or speed. (max allowed speed 25km/h)

Leitner E.Leitner

Barry, thanks for your information. And, you are correct. 250W is the maximum legal motor power output under Australian Law. The battery Ah will only affect the range you get but will not affect the power or speed you get. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 to discuss further in regards to your concern Terry! We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

Pam C.

Pam C.asked

What are the dimensions of the Libelle when it is unfolded?

Hi,
Thanks for your message.
The total length of the Libelle is about 162cm. The handlebar is adjustable between 106cm-108cm when measured from the ground up to the handlebar. The seat height is also adjustable between 79.5cm-100cm measured from the ground up to the seat. The pedals are foldable.
Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 856 725 or email at sales@leitner.com.au
Thank you very much!
Regards,
Leitner team

Alan L.

Alan L.asked

Super T

Do the Libelle & SuperT share the same features apart from the step thru / leg over frame?

Robert D.

The Libelle does not have a rear shock.

Leitner E.Leitner

Thanks for your message. The Libelle is a step thru model with front fork suspension. The Super T is a straight bar model with dual suspension. If you have more questions about our bike, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 856 725 or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . We can find the bike that suits you best. Thank you!

Graeme W.

Graeme W.asked

How to unlock throttle

Karl
Karl

The throttle is operational when the Red button on the right side of the handle bar is pushed in. The throttle will work only when one bar or more of the pedal assist is selected on the control panel. If I have misunderstood your question please forgive me.

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi Graeme, if you wish to unlock your throttle to activate the max speed, please follow the instructions in manual. Otherwise, please send us an email for instructions. Thank you!

col h

col hasked

I have a Leitner electric stepthrough folding bike which I purchased new about 5 years ago, the plate(plastic) where the battery sits and the electrodes pass through has shattered- can I replace this and how much would a new plate cost. Also what is the cost of a new front light

9 under the battery where the electrodes pass through has shattered can I purchase

Leitner E.Leitner

Hi, thanks for your message. We are sorry to hear that the battery cradle/plate has broken, please contact us via email at sales@leitner.com.au with pictures of the part and pictures showing your battery as there has been upgrades with the batteries over the years. We wanted to confirm the correct part before quoting you. A new front light is $15 plus postage. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon. .

billandkaz

billandkazasked

Super T

When it's folded up, can I walk with it along side of me? I live in Brisbane cbd and need to take it in the lift to my apartment.

Bren

Brenasked

Super T

I’m looking at purchasing a Super T dual suspension E bike for myself and would like to hear from any females who may have one to check suitability for female riders.

Thanks, Bren

SixP

We both like and happy with purchase
Son and mother

geraldine o.
geraldine o.

Hi I have had a super t for a year and love love it. The bar is a little high to get my leg over but fitness will improve this. You will not be disappointed. Only point is the bar height to get leg over . Geraldine

Kevin

Kevinasked

I have assembled my folding electric bike and ridden it for the fist time. Everything worked well. However, I can seem to fold the frame, I can fold the handlebars etc but the middle frame appears to be locked, even though I have played around with the central device. Is there a close up video of how to fold the frame? Kevin

Maire

Maireasked

I have 2 q’s :
For journeys approximately 40k return on cycle paths, is it worth going for the suspension option or would ‘regular’ do ?
2ndly, I live in Fremantle, WA, do you have an agreement / arrangement with a dealer here for maintenance ?

SixP

We have folding dual suspension and its nicer over the bumps, which even bike paths can have.

Phill C.

Phill C.asked

i neeed a20x 2.125 rear tyre . a tyre with long wear characteristic. how much?

SixP

They sell the bikes, you are best to call or email them direct or contact a local bike shop and ask them.
The bike shop may also fit.

Fred B.

Fred B.asked

Libelle

Hello, having two flats in rear tyre,removing and replacing rear wheel I must have twisted the cable exiting
axle of rear wheel,would you please supply pinouts info,so I can check for o/c,thank you Clive.

Contact Leitner direct
Their contact info is on their website

Clive
Clive

Thank you,Fred.may I add having had my bike for a couple of years it is a quality item.

Case

Caseasked

Can anyone tell me if its necessary to use the pedal to constantly activate the motor. I rode a friends Leitner Super T and found it irritating or was this just a bad battery. The bikes about 2 years old.

Cheryl T

Cheryl Tasked

Hi Leitner
We are thinking of purchasing 2 daul suspension folding bikes, do you have anyone in the Canberra region that I could look at.

Thanks Cheryl

Malcolm M.

Malcolm M.asked

Tirol

Motor making squeak/rattle. Low noise at low speed, more pronounced as speed is greater. Checked chain alignment and derailleur and its adjustment. Noise seems to coming from the motor. HELP.

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives