Leitner Venice

Leitner Venice Questions & Answers

Geoff · Venice

Ridding my bike today, it all of a sudden died, no indication on the controller or the battery.
Any ideas??

David Jobson

No idea. Suggest contact the great people at Leitner, they are very helpful.

Leitner   DM

Dear Geoff, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your bike. Please contact our team at sales@leitner.com.au so we can assist you further. Thank you! Regards,

Geoff · Venice

Riding today and all of a sudden my bike died, nothing on the controller or the battery. Done 950klm approx.
Any ideas?

Leitner   DM

Dear Geoff, We are sorry to hear that you have having issues with your bike. Please contact our team at sales@leitner.com.au , our customer service team will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!
Regards,

Ian R.
Ian R. · Venice 10Ah

How can I run my Leitner Venice on battery alone without pedalling assist

Ian R.
Ian R. · Venice 10Ah

How n I run my Leitner Venice on battery alone without pedalling

David Jobson

Sorry, I don't know, having never done that.
I can quite easily get 70kms out of the larger battery in the bike, on flat terrain peddling on 2 level mostly with occasionally on 3 level and still have charge left. No range anxiety so far!

David Jobson

Oh, I have the 16a battery.

Leitner   DM

Hi Ian, please contact our team on sales@leitner.com.au if you would like to discuss further. Thank you!

George D.
George D. · Venice

seat height above ground?

Leitner   DM

Hi George, The Venice's saddle height range is 84-103cm above the ground. We recommend it for riders between 5'5" and 6'2" (guide only). Hope that helps! Regards, Leitner Team

Bek
Bek · Venice

Sorry, I forgot to ask. Can a basket be fitted to the front also?

Ann

I use a cane basket on the front, the cables are well wrapped so it is fine.

Leitner   DM

Hi Bek, While we don't stock baskets for our bikes, you should be able to find a compatible one at your local bike shop. Thanks! Regards, Leitner Team

Bek
Bek · Venice

Looking to purchase the Venice. I’m 5ft10. Is it big enough?

Stephen Koelewyn
Stephen Koelewyn

I bought my wife the Venice 26, very happy with the bike, I'm 6'1, I find it is a comfortable bike to ride.
When my current bike of another brand eventually comes due for replacement, I will be replacing it with a Leitner bike.

Leitner   DM

Hi Bek, At 5'10", you are within the recommended height range for the Venice Cruiser. Please note that this is a guide only. For more information, see external link Thanks! Regards, Leitner Team

baj
baj · Venice 10Ah

Does the motor sit in the wheel and if so which one, front or back? Or is it in the fork of the bike?

back wheel, I bought with 16 AH Battery then still bought a 19.2 AH after

Leitner   DM

Hi baj, thanks for your message. The Venice Cruiser is a rear wheel hub motor ebike. Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions via sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you! Regards,

ROD V.
ROD V. · Venice

What's the difference between the venice and the milan ?

Leitner   DM

Hi ROD V. Thanks for your message.
The Venice Cruiser is 26" Step Thru model and Milan Cruiser is 24" Step Thru model. The only difference is the wheel size. Hope this helps. Please contact our friendly customer service team at 1300 856 725 or sales@leitner.com.au if you have any other questions. Thank you!
Regards,
Leitner Team

Ann

Exactly, Milan is suitable for shorter people.

Anita Muller
Anita Muller · Venice

Can I put my 12kg dog on the front or back of the bike?

Kym K · Venice 10Ah

Could you please tell me the weight of the bike after the removal of the battery.

Allan W
Allan W

Leitner tell you on their website. The battery doesn't weigh that much but the motor on the rear wheel is very heavy; thus the bike is heavy even though the rest of the bike (frame, wheels, brakes etc) is lightweight aluminium alloy. My guess is the bike alone is around 22kg. The battery (10ah) weighs 3kg. It is a really good quality bike at a 'bargain price'. So far I've been very happy with it.

Thanks so much

David
David

Agree with Allan W.
In fact the bike can be pedalled easy enough on flat ground without assist.
Very happy with our two.

Kym K

I like the brand but our bike rack, which cannot be upgraded, can only take a maximum weight of 35kgs for 2 bikes. Does anyone know of an electric bike, with removable battery, that would come in at 17kgs each bike with battery removed?

Paul M.
Paul M.

Specialized Como SL claim to be 17kg (incl.battery),but you will be looking at $4,500+ for one

Peter O.
Peter O. · Venice

Hi, my wife is keen on this bike, but she is only 159cm tall, your info states it is recommended for riders 165cm and taller. Can the seat be lowered to suit riders around 159cm ?

Allie R.

It is a very big bike, I would recommend she wait until the Milan is back in stock. It's almost identical but smaller. I am 171 cm and keep the seat quite low, so I wouldn't suggest anyone shorter ride it. It's also quite a bit longer than average, so it might feel like a bit much bike for her.

Leitner   DM

Hi Peter, thanks for your query. And thank you Allie for your reply sharing your experience. @Peter, I agree that the Milan Cruiser is better suited for your wife.

Unfortunately the Venice Cruiser's minimum seat height is 84cm from the ground to the top of the seat. This is generally only suitable for riders taller than 165cm. And, as Allie says, the reach of the Venice Cruiser is also longer than the Milan Cruiser.

I hope this helps.

Joanne H.
Joanne H. · Venice

If I buy 1 of these bikes can you put blinkers on it an how much

Doug
Doug

I presume you mean indicators , I have never seen indicators on a bike of any sort . The use of the riders hands would be expected by other road users .

Lisa
Lisa · Venice

hello we purchased 2 suspension ebikes recently for around 1350 odd and want to know exactly what mirror would suit this best for premium rear viewing please

Allie R.

I have a zefal cyclop mirror installed on mine and it's quite good.

Leitner   DM

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your query. And thank you Allie for sharing your recommendation.

@Lisa, I generally suggest bringing your eBike to a local bike shop for 3rd party accessories such as mirrors. That way, you can get something professionally fitted and you know it will suit you.

I hope this helps!

Dianne Broniecki · Venice

But confused on what size evokes we should get, myself I am 5 ft 4 and my husband is 6ft 1 which e bikes should we go for please?

Ink
Ink

Hi Dianne
Leitner is very helpful if you give them a call, but I think you would probably want the 24" bike and your husband would need the 26"

That is what I thought
Thankyou

Leitner   DM

Thanks for your message. We do suggest the 24" and 26" as well. You can check the dimensions including the seat height on these two bikes on our website in order to see if it is suitable for you. Feel free to give our friendly customer service team a call on 1300 856 725 to discuss further or send us an email at sales@leitner.com.au . Thank you!

DaiD
DaiD · Venice

I’m living in WA and considering purchasing a Leitner to replace my current seven year old ebike. What arrangements do you have for dealing with warranty or any repair requirements in WA.
Dai

Get an answer from our members and Leitner representatives

Select a listing for your question
Leitner Venice

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Leitner Venice is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2023.

Dyson 26 inch Adventure Folding Electric Bike