Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn

Maxxis MT-762 Bighorn Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

Roberto S.asked

How this will performs on my forester ?
On 235/75r15

Crackers
Crackers

I personally would not put this type of tyre on that car

Roberto S.

You could elaborate a little more on the answer. given that I'm evaluating installing that pneumatic measure, to get out of the tires rim 17

P V.
P V.

Foresters are just an Impreza in a different dress. They aren't an off-road vehicle and the AWD system isn't designed in a way to handle what big heavy muddies have to offer. Just go with a decent all terrain like the Fallen Wildpeak'. You'll also run the risk of damage to the centre diff and the weak as rear diff, unless you upgrade to the R180 LSD found in the Gen4 Liberty 3.0R-B

steven

stevenasked

How do the side wall handle sticks,rocks etc has anyone experienced any issues in this area.

peed off
peed off

Honestly they are ok but a little soft they need more tread on the side walls like the 4x4 TRA6873R especially in mud, the tread on the side also protects the tyre from sticks, rocks slashing them.

bertt
bertt

I had one speared and penetrated through the wall by a twig about the diameter of a pencil. The tyre stayed up and got me home. I don't know how any other tyre would have managed in the circumstances.

Luapasked

How do these tyres perform on 4 x 4 trailers?

Neil Moore
Neil Moore

Have had no trouble 4wding it's just if something goes wrong with the tyres maxxis have a terrible warranty won't honer their claims

Luap

Good to know that, thanks. I just recently acquired a pre owned trailer and it had these Maxxis 753 Bravos fitted. I guess ill use them till they need to be replaced.

Paul Moore

AJ187

I haven't had them on a trailer, but I imagine that the would be great though. They have performed well for me on a 4wd ute, 4wd Wagon and also a short wheelbase 4wd, and varied loads from nothing to fully loaded with over a ton on the ute.

TheExploder

TheExploderasked

Will the 31in fit on my 1998 ford explorer 5.0 with no lift?

AJ187

I wouldn't know sorry talk to a tyre dealer. I imagine the standard tyres would be that size or equivalent size?

Pete

Peteasked

Honestly what is a better tyre a maxxis bighorn or a BF Goodrich mud terrain? honest appinions

Benno62

I haven't tried the bfs but so far cannot fault the bighorns.i think great value for money

bigeye
bigeye

My mate mog has these and hates them , reckons he cant wait to get onto a set of BFG KM2s , im on my second set and cant fault them , BFG KM2 placed 1st as best mud tyre overall ,in a comparison that incl 14 different sets of mud tyre . Guys who tow motorbikes buy maxis, serious offroaders choose BFG.

joevac

joevacasked

How are these tyres on road in the rain?

Stephan de Kock
Stephan de Kock

I don't drive that fast more or less 120 km/p/h. I did drive in very bad situations but never had any sliding problems or skiing. The only problem is the road noise but every nobbly has this problem you can do nothing about it.

Benno62

No problems in rain unless you push to hard( like any car/tyre)

Paul8650

Paul8650asked

How big can I go with tyres on a stock 06 rodeo?

Benno62

I bought my 04 hilux with a 2in lift and squeezed on 33x15x12.5 .i would think you'll need lift ,if not 31s will fit fine

dirt tracker
dirt tracker

31" (265/70-16 or 245/75-16) will fit std height. with a little front end minor wheel alignment, (more caster) I fitted 265/75-16 (32") on a stock 04 rodeo with only minor scrubbing when in 4wd when tyres were new. 235/85-16 would be an easier fit & still are 32" high.

Get an answer from our members and Maxxis representatives