Mazda CX-5 KF

Mazda CX-5 KF (2017-2020) Questions & Answers

Also referred to as: Mazda CX-5 KF 2019 and Mazda CX-5 KF 2021. Akera, Maxx, Maxx Sport, etc...

12 questions from our users

Peter

Peterasked

CX-5 KF Maxx Sport FWD, 2.0L Petrol (2015-2020)

can I use any type of grade petrol in my 2 litre CX 5 Mazda

Gillian B.

Gillian B.asked

CX-5 KF Akera AWD, 2.2L Diesel (2017-2020)

Is the Mazda warranty for 3 or 5 years?

Gillian B.

Gillian B.asked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

I have a 2017 cx5 KF series is the Mazda warranty 3 or 5 years ?

Mr SS
Mr SS

Mine is 3 years, looks at your documents, ask your dealer.

D from Lindfield

D from Lindfieldasked

CX-5 KF Akera AWD, 2.2L Diesel (2017-2020)

Has Mazda solved its diesel engine issues In the 2019 Mazda CX5?
For those complaining about the engine how much highway driving do you do?

Maggie3029

Maggie3029asked

CX-5 KF Maxx AWD, 2.5L Petrol, Automatic (2017-2020)

Can you retrofit the 360 degree camera into the 2017 CX 5 Akera?

Sal

Salasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

HI all , we currently have the latest 2018 CX5 AKERA with 7k on the clock , fuel consumption is terrible with an average of 13.8/100km. Anybody else experience this?

SuninCuba
SuninCuba

Hi Sal. I'd love to help you - but my new vehicle is the Diesel model. Its very fuel efficient, though I haven't done a long country run yet to see how it goes with fuel consumption in a non stop/start scenario. Do you have istop on? That helps save fuel too. This is probably a stupid statement - but have you called the manufacturer or your local Mazda Dealer to see if this is normal, as there may be an issue with the fuel workings. Always make sure too that your tyres are kept at 36psi always - that can affect your fuel consumption. Good Luck.

Laura S

Laura Sasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

Purchased a new 2017 CX5 in February, 2018. I've always liked Mazdas so this is not my first one. I was happy to finally have an SUV crossover that has the auto lift hatch door. BUT....I'm disappointed in the height of this hatch door when it's up at its fullest. It doe not raise high enough. I'm only 5'2" & yet I have to be sure to bend so I don't hit my head on it when placing & removing items in the back. My daughter is 5'8" & doesn't like the car because of that. Any way this hatch door can be corrected to raise it higher as most other brand SUVs?

John Sasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

We have recently 2018 KF CX5 SportMaxx so far so good was amazingly quiet until we installed genuine Mazda accessory slimline weathershields from purchasing dealer at the first service, while the install, fit and finish is excellent as soon as they were installed with closed windows the wind noise at 100 to 110kph went up dramatically.

To me the issue is the design in that there is a narrowed point between mirror and the start of the weathershield causing a high pressure zone, my previous 2 cars had weathershields fitted without a significant increase in wind noise but they also started slimmer and a little higher than mirror level. Seems a strange flaw in their accessory design when Mazda have advertised the KF CX5 advancements in NVH.

Does anyone have the genuine Mazda accessory slimline weathershields fitted and noticed an increase in their wind noise ?

JohnR
JohnR

sorry, cannot help: We do love the superb quietness of the vehicle, improved even more with the new Goodyear ultra quiet Efficient Grip tyres and have specifically avoided anything like weather shields or even roof rack because of experiences with previous other vehicles.

Cath
Cath

I have the weather shields on my 2019 Gt and the weather shields do make a whistling noise with the wind. It is annoying. My husband has a different car with weathershields
And they make hardly any noise at all.
A bit disappointing.

John S

The offical Mazda weathersheilds are a poor design so will eventuality replace with aftermarket ones, in the meantime have been able to lessen the noise for long distance trips by getting adhesive dense foam rubber strip about 15cm long, 2cm across and 1cm thick then sticking it on the shields inner surface next to the mirror from the bottom....the weathershield low pressure void next to the mirror is the main source of noise....

Suggest you also write a letter of complaint to Mazda like I did and they did write back to me to say they'd look into it but obviously nothing has changed.

HSM

HSMasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

Has anyone experienced vibration/harmonics noise inside the cabin? I was unable to locate a possible cause such as loose parts etc. any ideas?

Carkman
Carkman

Not with my mazda but did with my holden. My speaker/radio was picking up noise from the alternator.
Hope that helps.

Bateup

Bateupasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

What price are people paying for the Next Gen Mazda 2017 Akera Diesel Auto? Got one yard down to $50k in QLD but hoping to go lower. Thanks!

Ali
Ali

I got my next gen CX-5 Petrol Akera down to $46,500 drive away with window tint and mats. I'm in Victoria.

Jen

Jenasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

Looking at buying cx5 in the next few weeks. I was looking at buying the 2.0litre FWD but now I am concerned that it won't have enough power. I mainly drive around town but do go on the highway probably once every three weeks. I want to have enough power to overtake safely. What are people's experiences with the 2litre engine? Also would the 2.5 litre be easier for me to sell in the future when I want to upgrade. Thank you.

Peter Bellmont
Peter Bellmont

I would buy the 2.5 litre for both reasons, more power available when needed and a better re-sale value when you want to trade or sell.

IH0059401 Steve

I have owned both a 2.0 and a 2.5 litre CX5 the 2.5 is far superior and yes I think it will have a better resale value, The fuel use is very similar 7.8 for the 2.0 and 8.1 for the 2.5.

hawari
hawari

I have the 2.0 litre. Don't even go there. It is underpowered and it consumes a lot of petrol ( my reading is never below 11.5 Litre/KM.

DianneP

DiannePasked

CX-5 KF (2017-2020)

Have just had delivery of my second CX5 - 2017 GT Diesel, replacing a 2012 GT Diesel. We live on a rural property but as the amount of time the vehicle is actually off bitumen is not great, we thought the CX5 a good SUV option. Our 2012 CX5 had problems. Specifically, the little white clips that attach the mudflap to the car would break off leaving it flapping loose. The car was back at the dealer a few times with the entire bumper replaced as the mudflaps are part of an entire unit. The service was good and the car a delight to drive, so when needing a new car we purchased another CX5 but without mudflaps. Today I drove through 30cm grass on our property and the tyre guard partially peeled off - the white clips popping out and a clip under the car breaking off. Just wondering if this is a common flaw with the CX5?

Sorry to hear that. Have not had any issues during past 21 months. Sounds like it could possibly be a problem associated with off road use as ours has not been off sealed roads really.

John
John

I have not had any trouble with anything falling off my CX5.
My car has only ever been driven on sealed roads and once for about 30km (20 miles) on a well maintained dirt road.
I don't think Mazda or many other cars are built as well as they used to be and maybe all in the name of keeping costs down to remain competitive with other car manufacturers. Pity.

IH0059401 Steve

Unfortunately the CX5 is not really a off road SUV, I also have had two CX5s never had any problems, but pretty sure they are more for the bitumen only rather than the paddock.