MicroCloud Mattress Toppers

MicroCloud Mattress Toppers Questions & Answers

136 questions from our users

Vivekharin

Vivekharinasked

Hi, Can this topper be recommended for Medium firm mattress with Gel top? I am looking to add more firmness to my mattress because I feel my Mattress is quite soft and it's hurting my body.

Hi Vivekharin,
This topper won’t add more firmness, it will make it slightly softer. Maybe you could try an eggshell foam topper or a magnetic topper to make it a bit firmer and to assist with a sore back.

Hi Vivekharin,
the reply from Michelle is correct. The topper is really designed to create more softness , comfort and pressure point relief and it is especially ideal for a firm mattress that needs attention. .Considering the mattress you have is too soft, it is best to locate a smaller scale mattress maker and request them to re make your mattress to make it firmer. This is your best option under the circumstances.

Bruce

Bruceasked

Hi. I have just brought a replacement Side by Side 4 Queen bed from Forty Winks. Sept 2020. It was to replace a Series 4 side by side red and blue that we brought 9 years ago and that had sagged on both sides . We did find the first one very comfortable as it had a high wool comfort layer on top. Was hot as for the first 2 weeks but body got used to it and then all good. The new one is red / red so firm. Well we are in terrible shape , the bed does not have the same comfort layer ( not advised by the sales guy that this has been trimmed down )and is like sleeping on the floor. Head of Forty Winks Brookvale said go buy a foam topper and she will be right. Well we did this and it has made a very small difference. Now i am looking at $300 micro cloud Topper 1200GSM to see if this helps. I am a side sleeper and this bed is killing me. Feel like crap in the morning and sore all over. Reminds me of one futon in Japan. For $2600 i was hoping for a comfortable replacement. Your advice re Microcloud topper. Do you recon this will solve the prob ? i am 90 kg and misses 65kg. ta bruce

Monica

Monicaasked

Would this mattress topper be useful to make an uneven sofa bed comfy or do I need something thicker?

Good morning Monica.
I do believe that the MicroCloud topper would certainly help provide comfort on the uneven sofa bed. It is really soft and cushioned. Haven not seen your sofa bed, however, it is difficult to determine.
As the topper is fitted, if necessary, I am sure a layer of foam cut to size could be added?
Regards Evelyn

claddagh55asked

How hot does this topper get as I suffer badly from heat stress in bed ?
My washing machine would be too small to wash this on a regular basis so should I place something cool on top to protect the topper?

Hi claddagh55.
I also do feel the heat in bed, however, I do not find that the MicroCoud topper exacerbates this. The topper itself is made of a breathable combination of ultra-fine fibre filling and Japanese cotton casting.
You can read this in the FAQ on the website regarding the mattress toppers.
I have a king size topper, so I would need to launder at the laundromat or dry cleaner, as it is too large to accomodate in my 10kg washing machine.
Yes, I do have a mattress protector over my topper, I already had one, otherwise I would of purchased one from MicroCloud as well. I will do further down the track. No doubt you would want an effective protecter on your topper, as well as a breathable friendly material, to keep you cool whilst sleeping.
I have no trouble sleeping on my beautiful soft mattress now, thanks to the best topper I have ever purchased.
Hope this helps.

claddagh55

Thank you for the information Evelyn. Much appreciated.

Hi Claddagh,

the toppers itself is not a warming or cooling item. If you are a hot sleeper, you may well find that your heat will transfer to the topper and this may give you the impression the topper is warming you . We have designed the topper to have max air flow and this is indeed acceptable by many of our clients all over Australia . We suggest you consider carefully before purchasing and we appreciate the opportunity to address the issue with you now.
I also thank Evelyn for her very considered reply to your inquiry .

Kaz Mac

Kaz Macasked

Hi, What is the mattress topper made from?

Hi Kaz.
If you go to the MicroCloud website, www.microcloud.com.au click on the menu, then the mattress toppers, FAQ, you will find all the answers that you need.
As we have allergies, we find the MicroCloud topper perfect for our needs.
Hope this helps.

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Kaz, thank you for your enquiry. We developed a hi-tech fibre filling blend which allows for a uniquely soft yet supportive feel. The outer casing is 100% cotton. No animal products.

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Good morning Kaz, certainly happy to help. The filling is a combination of man made fibres. Like all materials, you can get varying qualities. We only use the very best quality. The fibre is extremely fine, finer than human hair -- which means you have more fibre for better comfort.

Like all things that we use, there is some natural wear -- similar to a pair of shoes. However, we process and blend the fibre in a certain way that gives it a crimp. The fibre therefore act like miniature springs for resilience to hold shape better than other fibres. We often receive feedback from our customers indicating that it remains comfortable.

All our range is designed by our team here in Melbourne, Australia. We carefully select and source the materials ourselves. Our Mattress Topper is made in China using world leading machinery and processes. Some of our range is made in Australia. You can be assure you're supporting a small Australian business.

Hari_M

Hari_Masked

Can I ask what the three year warranty actually covers?

Evelyn

May I suggest that you contact MicroCloud direct. Their details are on the website.

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Hari, thank you for your enquiry. In line with Australian Consumer Law, our warranty covers faulty workmanship and materials defects. Full terms can be seen here www.microcloudbedding.com.au/terms#warranty

Jojo Barnesasked

where can I buy a microCloud mattress topper and how much does it cost for a king size bed? please send reply to jojo@alpha.net.au

Jojo Barnes

can I use an electric-blanket with the topper?

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Jojo, you can use electric blanket under the topper, please ensure your electric blanket is in good condition.
For prices on all MicroCloud toppers, please go to pour website for details, https://www.microcloudbedding.com.au/mattress-toppers

Jojo Barnes

Where is your shop? Can I pick up myself?

Kelly

Kellyasked

Will this be likely to move around on the bed

springtime

No Kelly it stays in place like a fitted sheet.

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hello Kelly, thank you for your enquiry. Our mattress topper has a fully fitted skirt which ensures the topper stays in place. It's just like putting a fitted sheet on the bed. We do not use corner straps.

Mary M.

Mary M.asked

As I am extremely heat sensitive and just cannot sleep on most mattresses, I bought an organic cotton mattress a couple of years ago, however it is extremely firm. Do you think that your topper may help without affecting the heat intolerance issue that I have?

springtime

Mary, Iam a hot sleeper. I can sleep well with this topper. However I do not need a doona or heavy pj's on cooler nights.

Nikkiasked

I have had my lower spine fused. I considered purchasing a new mattress but I have opted to find a mattress topper instead. Are your toppers firm enough to provide good support for my back? Can I still use an electric blanket with your toppers?

springtime

Nikki, that is way above what i would suggest. Given your medical condition i would not like to mislead you. We dont use e l ectric blankets at all. We prefer natuarl heat. Good luck. We do find when cool it is good. When warm good. It depends where you are in the world.

Nikki

Thank you for your answer. I’m in Victoria, it gets very cold where we live. I find the electric blanket provides a lot of relief for my back.

mimi

mimiasked

We spent over $2000 for a new firm bed as we wanted better sleep but I find it is firmer than when I tested at the store. Now I got back and shoulder pain and I even wake up middle of the night:( I am very disappointed as I thought nicer mattress will help me for better sleep.... Actually my husband finds comfortable and no issue maybe because he is twice heavier than me!? Do you think this MicroCloud topper would help me? Also it won’t be too cushiony for my husband?

springtime

I think it is perfect. Not to soft, supportive, we have not hip or back pain now

Curlygirl

Curlygirlasked

We have a firm posturepedic mattress, which my husband likes and needs for his back. While I do need the support it is slightly too firm for me. My husband is happy for the mattress to be a bit softer but not too much. How soft is your topper?

Marvin

Marvinasked

We recently bought a new mattress (awaiting delivery) - with pillowtop and plush. Would you still recommend your mattress topper?

springtime

I would think not depending on the quality of the mattress you have purchased.

Cheryl B.

Cheryl B.asked

How much for a queen please

BSN
BSN

A Queen cost $290 :)

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Cheryl, as @BSN kindly mentioned, they are $290. You can purchase direct from our website www.microcloudbedding.com.au/mattress-toppers or call 1800 95 33 22

rainbow

rainbowasked

Hi, I am a heavy person 135kg, will this topper give me hip comfort as I am a side sleeper?

Kitchie M.
Kitchie M.

When using their mattress topper it had that plush feel, which was able to balance out the firmness of my mattress. I definitely noticed a large difference with my shoulders and hips no longer being in pain when I'd wake up. Then again I'm quite light (I weigh 57kg), but I'm sure Microcloud could answer this question a lot better though. All the best :)

Julie
Julie

I’m around the 80kg mark, I have had a hip operation approx 5 years ago & currently have a new hip problem & the bursar is playing up. Prior to the topper I couldn’t even roll onto my side it would wake me. I definitely couldn’t sleep on my side all night but I can sleep & lie on it for a reasonable amount of time

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Rainbow, thank you for your question. Our topper is designed to create comfort on those pressure areas, like the hip and shoulder for side sleepers. We would recommend more frequent rotation of the topper so that it wears evenly. You can also shake the topper and machine wash + tumble dry to re-stimulate our fibre fill.

Veronica C.

Veronica C.asked

what is the thickness of your topper ? thanks

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Veronica, thank you for getting in touch. Our topper is approximately 4.5 to 5cm thick. This is the optimal loft to provide comfort and pressure relief.

Margaret

Margaretasked

Hi I’m hoping to purchase one of your mattress toppers my bed is firm to medium but a medium to soft would suit me better so I’m hoping that your mattress would solve this problem. if I have issues with your mattress topper eg it doesn’t work the way all your reviews suggest I would like to know if there is a return policy with this regard as this is a large purchase for me. Thank you and kind regards Margaret

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Margaret, thank you for your question. Our topper is designed to create a softer and more comfortable outcome. Many customers advise that it is a great solution for a mattress that is too firm, as our topper helps to take pressure off the body. Based on your needs, we are confident that you will achieve the desired outcome. Our policy states that once the product is opened and used, it cannot be returned. However, it is important that we are helpful in our after sales service to assist customers with any concerns they may have.

kristy22

kristy22asked

Do these toppers have anything in them to keep you cool? Does anyone find they get hot or too warm sleeping on them?

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi kristy22, thank you for your question and apologies for the late reply. The topper has been designed for neutral temperature. The outer casing is 100% cotton + the fibre inside is very fine. This allows air to enter easily and circulate easily.

Sue

Sueasked

Hi
How much is a King size please

Di
Di

Hi i looked at website ks is $310

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Sue, as Di kindly mentioned -- Mattress Topper (king size) is $310. You can order via https://www.microcloudbedding.com.au/mattress-toppers or call 1800 95 33 22

Helen

Helenasked

Can I put one on top of my pillow top mattress?

Dave Wishart
Dave Wishart

Hello Helen, I,m really not sure. I can't see why not. It is worth a try simply because the topper sides are very generous and I'm sure it would easily overlay your other topper. Also if not, you will get the benefit of the microcloud topper itself. Good luck Helen.
Regards, Dave.

MicroCloud B.MicroCloud

Hi Helen, you can use our topper on any mattress. What issue are you finding with your pillow top mattress that has led you to search for a mattress topper.

@ Dave - thank you for your reply too.

Get an answer from our members and MicroCloud representatives