48Mitsubishi ASX

Mitsubishi ASX Questions & Answers

Terry W.
Terry W. · ASX XB (2012-2014)

What is the small button next to my gear shifter on my 2013 xb asx please

Simratpal S.
Simratpal S. · ASX

I need to get 90k major service .. its very expensive.. can I do normal service now at 90k .. like do we really need to change spark plugs, brake fluid n coolant or can I change at next service ..plz answer if anyone can thankyou

Neil E
Neil E

Whilst it is very expensive, the 90k service I think is one that is worth having done by a mechanic. I used to do all my own services but I had a mechanic do my 90k service for peace of mind.

Sandi M.
Sandi M. · XD GSR (2019-2024)

I backed into a pole and the only damage was a broken outer case of the rear left tail light. It still works but ever since I have a message on my dash that says BSW temporarily unavailable. If I replace the taillight will this be corrected or do I have a problem with the sensor and need an auto mechanic to fix it.

Mice
Mice

I believe sensors are in rear bumper and will need recalibration by the dealer when replaced. When you damaged the light, you probably hit the bumper as well?

Thank you.

Sandi M.

Quick question I've had the rear tail light fixed but they didn't replace the sensor. No idea why they knew about the message on my dash...Still have the 'bsw temporarily unavailable' continuously displayed on my dash Is there somewhere else I can go to get the rear sensor replaced other than my Mitsubishi dealer. As i have had nothing but problems with them. Does any mechanic or someone else do this sort of thing. TIA

tadeusz g.
tadeusz g. · ASX XC (2014-2019)

Can my19 asx alarm time on entry be change d to 2 sec

Sylvester

Have no idea what that is but surely your dealer can field that question.

JonD

I haven't heard of that setting being changeable

Schnubbi · ASX

Hi,

I bought a good used Mitsubishi ASX from 2011. Now the interior is a bit used and I would like to replace it with the interior of a newer ASX model. The car hasn't really changed over the last 13 years and wondered if I could replace the steering wheel and headunit + surrounding plastics which include fan outlet and aircon dials etc from a newer ASX model and retrofit it to my older ASX. Does anyone have any experience with that and could help me out?

JonD

You can get some cheap items from Wish to spruce up the veh interior, new tail light assemblies as well online (that are supposed to be direct swop out and fit).
I would think that updating to a couple of years newer ASX may be possible (ie +-2014), but I doubt that you can swop out parts from a newer ASX without some problems.

Schnubbi

Ok thanks JonD for your help. Yep will need to do some more research. Someone said that I would need to replace the full electrical harness which would be possible.

ireneharper1959
ireneharper1959 · ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol (2016-2024)

I just need to know where the sensor is for the tailgate for my 2017 ASX LS, as i was recently rear ended and now the sensor is telling me the tailgate is open it isn't and keeps dinging and it won't lock.

JonD

Hi. Not sure if it is in the locking mechanism itself or on the frame of the boot lid.

ireneharper1959

Hi JonD thank you do you happen to know how i can switch it off.

Hi.
Unfortunately not.
There may be a fuse, but I doubt that it is a single function one, most likely linked to another circuit. So I wouldn't go that route. Best is for an auto electrician to have a look to either fix or bypass (as long as you can lock the tailgate).

Barry Knight
Barry Knight · ASX

My economy with my new ASX is very poor. I have been told it should be costing me around 9 lt per 100k. My first 2 fills it has cost me around double that figure. I have nnticed the rev counter running at 800rpm in Drive and well over the 1000rpm in neutral. Would this be the main cause for the ooor economy?

On 60% highway, 40% town, my '14 auto gets around
8.3lt/100km. Town driving will be more. I have the 2lt motor, not the new turbo 1.5.
I fill up after 700km, with around 70km left on the range.
Idling should be under 1000rpm, motor warmed up (choke off), and less when left in Drive holding it on the brake.
I don't think that a high idle would increase your fuel consumption as much as you state, unless you are spending hours stuck in traffic.

Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W. · ASX

monitor on our ASX not working properly random rings numbers radio station selection stuck

Sylvester

You need to take it back to dealer my radio does peculiar thing too like freezing etc but it's rare and corrects itself by turning ignition off and on.

Clara O. · ASX

The touch screen on my 2021 ask wont work properly

The touch screen on my 2021 asx s does not work properly

JonD

Best to take it to the Agents

Claudette M.
Claudette M. · ASX

I have a Mitsubishi ASX MR 2021 and have replaced the boot light globe and it still doesn't work. Is it possible it is the fuse or the wiring? Thank you Claudette

Hi.
Could be the fuse, electric switch on the boot or even a faulty new globe.
I'm not sure if the fuse may be linked with another circuit (anything else not working?), but should be fairly easy to check. Owners manual should help in identifying the correct fuse.

David T.
David T. · ASX

Hi, I have 2022 ES ASX, is it easy to replace headlights? it different look than my old car.. what type of globe is it? old is H4 and H7.

JonD

Old vehs had halogen globes. They were relatively easy to change. New cars have led or HID headlights. I don't think that they are as easy to change and are costly if the headlight is damaged.
Headlight globes tend to be fairly long lasting, as your veh is a '22, you shouldn't have to worry about them for a while.
Last time I CHECKED, newer ASX's were using HB11 and HB3 globes.
I'm not sure what headlights are in anew ASX now. Led?

cikgu i.
cikgu i. · ASX XC XLS (2016-2018)

I have changed battery but after that radio ask the password. How to get the password?

JonD

Dealer should be able to help otherwise there apparently should have been a card with the radio code when you bought the car-maybe in your little Mitsubishi bag with the Owners Manual.

Anita-and Brenton W.
Anita-and Brenton W. · ASX

Hi I have got a 2022 ASX just wondering what the headlight plug type is it's not a H4 or a HB3 thanks

JonD

Apparently the lowbeam is a H11 and the highbeam is a HB3.

Michael W.
Michael W. · ASX XD (2019-2024)

Looking for anyone who has an ASX with manual transmission for their thoughts?....cheers

Keith 45
Keith 45

Have had a Lancer Sportback from new with a 5 speed manual transmission which I imagine would be the same as the ASX as the cars are built on the same platform. The car has done over 80 thousand Km with absolutely no gearbox or clutch problems.

Ron C
Ron C · ASX XD (2019-2024)

The voice on my Mitsubishi ASX satnav when using android auto is very loud, the adjustments on the touch screen & steering wheel do not adjust the sound. Can anyone help me?

Ron C

My email .. Ron.campbell1806@gmail.com if anyone can help me.

ron.campbell1806@gmail.com

JonD

I don't know how Android Auto connects, I've got an old ASX.
If it connects through your phone, try turning the volume for media down on your phone.

Suzanne W.
Suzanne W. · ASX XD ES (2019-2024)

Why won’t the gps talk

Sorry, I got no GPS.

Abdoulaye D.
Abdoulaye D. · ASX XA (2010-2012)

2011 Mitsubishi ASX 1.8 Diesel it’s timing chain or belt if yes, how many miles should it be changed?

JonD

ASX 1.8 Diesel should have a timing chain.
Engine code should be 4N13.
Timing chain should not need replacing under normal driving conditions for the life of the engine.

Vadims K.
Vadims K.

You are total bonker, every belt is 60k and every chain is 100k miles.

JonD

Extract from Carsguide.au if you require and plant other sources available for further info:
"The timing chain, meanwhile, is preferred by some manufacturers because it should last the lifetime of the engine and never need replacement. This isn’t always the case, however, and some engine designs from a variety of manufacturers suffer problems in this regard. But, in a properly maintained engine of sound design, the timing chain should never need attention, while the rubber timing belt generally requires periodic replacement, typically between 60,000 and 120,000km depending on the manufacturer."
Neither the petrol nor diesel engines in the Mitsu ASX have been shown to have any timing chain issues (Google if you want).
Timing chain should last life of engine /250K km unless you drive like you stole it and /or believe that regular servicing is the next owner's responsibility.

Nola B.
Nola B. · ASX XD (2019-2024)

I live in South Australia but bought my used ASX from an interstate dealer. The car came with NSW radio stations preset. I want to delete these and preset South Australian stations. How can I do this?

Sorry, I have an older ASX. I don't think the radios are the same

stephanie b.
stephanie b. · ASX XD ES (2019-2024)

Why can I no longer see the artist and song title when listening to DAB radio in my mitsubishi ASX?

Franco D. · ASX

How to open the trunk while sitting in the car

JonD

Don't know what year your ASX is, but on mine (2014), you can only unlock the boot from inside (keyless entry/start). Person outside at the boot still has to touch the lock pad to release the boot so that it can be opened.

Thanks JonD

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives

Select a listing for your question
Mitsubishi ASX