Mitsubishi ASX

Mitsubishi ASX Questions & Answers

XC (2014-2019), XB (2012-2014) and XA (2010-2012)

142 questions from our users

real books booklover

real books bookloverasked

ASX

I have a 2018 ASX, why do I have to connect my phone via the USB port in order for it show on the display? I thought it should be there automatically when it is paired with the car.

Simon M.

Simon M.asked

ASX XC LS Automatic, Petrol

i have a 2016 mitsubishi asx GA does it have timing belt or chain?

DMCasked

ASX

I imported a 2015 mistubishi asx from Japan to Jamaica and cannot get the timezones for North America & the Caribbean on the display. Everytime i set the clock to local date and time once the car is turned off and starts it goes back to the timezones around Japan. Any suggestions/answers?

JonD

Hi. I had a similar problem with my 2014. I would set the tone to local, but whenever I parked off and returned to the car the time display would gain 2hrs. I would reset again but every time I started again, same problem. After about 3 weeks and numerous resets, I has almost given up but then miraculously it suddenly maintained the correct time.
I don't recall having done anything differently on the time settings, but it's been correct now for a lib time.
I was going to buy a dashboard clock off Wish as I find the time display too small (in normal mode), but haven't done so as it's now displaying the correct time.

DMC

Ok! I will try that! Hopefully mine will stick too. If not I'll just have to buy that dashboard clock. Thank you!

Lisa S.asked

ASX

My new ASX ES 2019 is very hard on bumps doesn’t absorb and can be floaty I have neck stenosis and am having buyers remorse

JonD

Hi. I haven't got a new ASX (2014), but I found the ride a bit floaty and twitchy at first. Got used to it and now I don't feel that the ride is bad. It's a crossover so the ride height is slightly higher that a normal sedan which may cause the float /body roll feel. If you came from a previous well sorted car, you may find that the old design ASX doesn't compare well. Check your tyre pressure and make sure that they are not too high. 2.2 kpa should be right.

Lisa S.

Thanks John . I started out on 35 lowered to 28 now was told by dealer not to go lower but I want to I feel every bump hard when I drive alone when my husband is in the car in the passenger seat it’s ok because of the extra weight ? Still I am disappointed for a brand new car the bumps in the road are not absorbed well at all and saw as much on some reviews

JoJo

JoJoasked

ASX XC

I have an ASX 2016 model, which recently had a 75000km service. Since the service, when I turn key to accessories, “29months” comes on the display. What does this mean?! I’m sure it wasn’t there before the service..?

Kerrie

Kerrieasked

ASX

How do I delete some stations from dab

John T.asked

ASX

I have a year old ASX. Twice in that time the auto collision function has engaged by itself, completely freaking me out as you can imagine. It’s only for a second but it’s a grinding shuddering experience that jolts the steering as well. Both times I was travelling about 55-60km’s. At a high speed however one wonders! Has any body experienced this?

Tegan K.
Tegan K.

Not my self but they did have a recall last year on the model hve you taken it in ?

John T.

I believe they updated the software on the first service, so yes.

Scary . Do you find it a very bumpy ride

Dean H.

Dean H.asked

ASX

My partner has a 2016 asx,when driving taking off there is a flat spot on acceleration,just wondering what this could be?tia

JonD

If it's a CVT gearbox, there can be a slight hesitation on pulling off. Not serious normally, but if bad, there was a software upgrade available for the gearbox ecu on older cars. 2016 should have the upgrade but check with dealer. If manual gearbox, then maybe tune up required (also on CVT model if gearbox software is not at fault).
If it's CVT model, try pulling off in manual mode and see if it's quicker off the line as the gearbox likes to change up gears quickly due to economy programming.

FRANCISCO M.

FRANCISCO M.asked

ASX XA

If asx 2012 model have timing belt?

JonD

If you've got the 4B11 motor 2.0lt, timing chain. I think most of the engines in the range have timing chains from 2010 onwards.

Dan H.

Dan H.asked

ASX XC

I have a 2018 Mitsubishi asx. I was wondering if anyone has got 20inc wheels on your asx. If so I’m wanting to know if you experienced a slight front wheel drift movement when travelling 100klm and up. My car has had 3 x wheel alignment. I’m not sure if it’s the wheels causing the isssue or if it’s something in the car causing this symptom. Can someone please help me.

Arlie R.

Arlie R.asked

ASX XC

it is normal that the slow down message appearing in asx 2013?

Habib

Habibasked

ASX XB

My ASX 2012 indicator lights on both mirrors do not work. They do work when i lock or unlock the car. Sometimes they work when hazard is on. They never work when i indicate left or right. what can be wrong with it?

Kevin

Kevinasked

ASX XC

Does asx have timing belt or chain

Bob

professionally and quickly

Ron M.

Ron M.asked

ASX XA

Does a 1992 Delica have a timing belt or chain ?

Michael B.

Michael B.asked

What petrol to use

cliff

always use e10, 94 octane from puma or woolies or BP who says its 91 but it is 94,or other stations,it love 94 octane e10

Fernando I.

Fernando I.asked

ASX XC

When playing from USB, every time the car is turned off, upon re starting car, it goes back to the beggining of folder.. is there a way to stop this? or is it standard.

cliff

fernando i am so sorry to tell you that my usb is used to charge my phones and run my tom tom garmin map,i dont know if mine does what your is doing, i can try it for you or you can ask the mitsibishj advise column online ,

Sarah

Sarahasked

ASX

Can you remove the roof bars that already come installed on a Mitsubishi ASX 19 model?

Jay

Jayasked

ASX

My 2016 model ASX Bluetooth has suddenly stopped working. It has stopped putting out a signal for connection. My phone will not pick it up or anymore neither will any other phone for that matter. Is there anyway to reset it? I have read the owners manual, turned the car on/off, turned the audio system on/off and did the same to my phone and there’s still nothing.

Marshal C.

Marshal C.asked

ASX XC

How to remove the rear seat to install a seat cover?

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi representatives