Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series

Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series Questions & Answers

SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW), SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW), SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW), etc...

24 questions from our users

jarek

jarekasked

SRK20ZMA-S (2.0kW)

is there HEPA filter available for your model SRK20ZMA-S

Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Jarek. While there is no HEPA filter available for the ZMA series, the ZMA series incorporates a photocatalytic filter as standard which captures fine particles including smoke particles. Hope this helps!

Peter J Hasked

SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

What are Difference in SRK35ZSA-W.......SRK35ZSXA............SRK35ZMXA-S...

Hi Peter,

The ZSA is our Avanti series which comes in capacities between 2kW and 5kW. The ZSXA is our premium and high efficiency, Avanti PLUS series which comes in capacities between 2kw and 6kW and has some additional features and functions such as motion sensor. The ZMXA series is an older series that has been superseded by the Avanti PLUS. You can learn more about both series on our website -https://mhiaa.com.au/products/category/residential/split-systems/

good clear answer ,many thanks regards, Pete

Daniel

Danielasked

SRK20ZMA-S (2.0kW)

Is this enough for master room and do you installed on site service?

Glen A.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries

Hi Daniel, There are a number of factors to take into account when determing the correct size for your space. I'd suggest using our room sizing chart - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/.

If you want anymore info - best speak to an installer who can offer a recommendation. You can find your closest one by visiting our 'Where to Buy' page and entering your postcode - https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy

sandyasked

SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

Could you please give me the dimentions of the 5kw mitsubishi Split system aircon SRK ZMP series

Hi Sandy,

The SRK50ZMA (5.0kW model) indoor unit is 294mm x 798mm x 229mm and the outdoor unit is 640mm x 800(+71)mm x 290mm. Hope this helps!

Paul

Paulasked

SRK80ZMA-S (8.0kW)

Will the 8kw be enough for my open plan space approx. 65sqm?

Hi Paul,

There's a a number of factors to take into consideration when sizing up a unit. I'd suggest having a look at our sizing chart which you can find here - https://mhiaa.com.au/document/srkdxk-room-sizing-chart/ and then also speaking to an authorised dealer to organise a quote. Ycan find a closest by visiting our dealer search page and entering your post-code. https://mhiaa.com.au/where-to-buy. Hope this helps!

Mark R.

Mark R.asked

SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

How much for head unit only

Hi Mark,

Given this model has been discontinued, it may be hard to find however I'd suggest speaking to you closest dealer or wholesaler which you can find on our website below to see whether they could source one for you. If so, they'd also be able to provide you a quote.

Donasked

SRK92ZMA-S (9.2kW)

I bought a split system The inside unit is marked srk92zma-s and the outside unit is marked src92zma-s is this right?

Hi Don,

This is correct. The indoor model number will start with 'SRK' while the outdoor model number will start with 'SRC'. When looking for manuals or any other information, please use the indoor model number.

Hope this helps!

Kane

Kaneasked

SRK92ZMA-S (9.2kW)

Suddenly using double the e electricity. Is that normal after 2 months to suddenly start using double the electricity?

Hi Kane,

If you've started using your unit more frequently and for longer periods it will consumer more electricity however it shouldn't double unless you have drastically increased your usage. You can calculate how much power your unit should use by using the energy calculator on the Energy Ratings website - http://www.energyrating.gov.au/calculator. If you think you've been overcharged I suggest you speak to your power provider.

Hi Kane,
Id' suggest using the EnergyRating calculator to determine how much electricity your unit should be using and comparing this to your meter. If you find your power provider is charging you more than your meter reading, I suggest contacting them as they've been known to 'estimate' houses usage rather than check the meter correctly.

Rod LONGasked

SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

I have lost my user direction papers.Where can I get a copy.Thanks.

Vikram P
Vikram P

Hi Rod,

The above link is actually incorrect as it goes to MItsubishi Electric's website. You can find our manuals on our website - https://mhiaa.com.au/knowledge-centre/user-manuals/

Rod LONG

Thanks for your help.Found all the necessary info.Cheers.

Riny v.

Riny v.asked

need operating manual.

Riny v.

Riny v.asked

need a user manual

Hi Riny,

User manual for the ZMA series is available on our website - https://mhiaa.com.au/knowledge-centre/user-manuals/

Jan

Janasked

SRK92ZMA-S (9.2kW)

How long does it take to cool down a room about 6m x 6m when the temp is 36 - 38 degrees? Mine is taking a long time with it set on 18 full blast. It’s brand new.

Hi Jan,

The ability to cool down a space from those high temperatures depends on a number of factors including the type of insulation your space has, window size and location, what type of floors you have, how many doors you may have open plus many more.

If the room has been exposed to alot of sunlight through the day and you are turning it on for the first time it will take some time to cool down. You may want to use the 'High Power' operation when you turn the unit on and ensure all doors are closed to allow the unit to cool the space down as quickly as possible.

Darryl

Darrylasked

SRK63ZMA-S (6.3kW)

instructions for remote please?

Soutasked

model SRK20zSXA-W.Heating area capacity please?

Hi Sout,

The SRK20ZSXA is designed for smaller spaces and while it depends on a number of variables including your window location and which direction it faces, your wall and floor types, insulation, etc the unit should be capable of heating a room that is between 12-20 metres squared. We recommend heading to our website and speaking to a local installer who can assess your requirements and recommend a product that would be suitable.

Glen

Sout

will do when time is appropriate, thank you. Sout

peter

peterasked

SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Last my system was cleaned when they opened the door where the filters are the left hinge snapped off, well it's only plastic, should be aluminium, where can I get replacement hinges from?

Hi Peter,

You can purchase spare parts for your unit from our authorised spare parts provider MRE. Their website is http://mrespareparts.com.au/index.aspx.

Glen

box

boxasked

SRK92ZMA-S (9.2kW)

Can you run the unit as a fan circulation only with out heating or cooling?

unhappyblanco

For humidity do you mean? Yes it has this function.

njehanbeen

njehanbeenasked

Hi
How match gap should be between air conditioner and celling ?

unhappyblanco

Hi I bought the unit but I didn't install it I had a professional installer do it so I've no idea about the required gap - however I found this on Google hope this helps? https://m.wikihow.com/Install-a-Split-System-Air-Conditioner

Caryll B

Caryll Basked

SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

New to air cons, what is the best setting for economy use?

Pearl lee
Pearl lee

I turn my on 24 degree for with strong mode and full fan for "30 mins" to cool down the room ASAP.
Then I change it to 26 degree, ECO mode and reduce the fan to 3 (depending on how hot it is) . Put it on 3D auto rotation to have a better circulation of air.
Make sure that you close your curtain. cover the gap under the door and floor. This will prevent air leaking out.
Another good tip is to sprinkle water mist in the room before turn on the air con. This really helps cool down the room, then you can go straight to 26 degree.

Petaasked

SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

How much are these air cons and where can l buy one? :)

sixall
sixall

Hi Peta, I bought mine from Betta Electrical. You can get them from $1500 to $1800. Then you have to pay for installation. Sometimes the installation cost is included. Make sure you get a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioner. There is big difference between Mitsubishi and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. Hope that answered your question.

Peta

Hello, and thank you. Yes l did manage to get this air conditioner. It is the Mitsubishi Heavy industries one and l love it. Can"t hear it at night in the bedroom. Thinking about replacing the one in the lounge with one of these too, before we repaint the lounge room. Thanks for the reply :) :) I am so happy with it Peta

downgrade
downgrade

I like it how you said there is a big difference between mitsubishi heavy industries and mitsubishi you're right mitsubishi electric are Japanese and are considered to be no2 wall split manufacturers world wide. If you're wondering Daikin no 1. Panasonic no 3. Not my opinion it's a fact. I am a refrigeration technician and repaired A/Cs for 30 years. Mitsubishi heavy industries manufactured some of the crappiest systems in their early days. I've always received lots of service calls for break downs with them. 2 weeks ago I piped up a ducted unit for someone when we started it it was noisy. He was very Un happy. They are not my recommendation and they do not even remotely come close to a mitsubishi electric. Which have existed since the 1940s. I'm pretty sure heavy industries originated in Australia mid to late 80s. And if you were unfortunate to have one installed then ducted those days you would know how poorly it worked or should I say didn't work heating was a disaster. I recommend panasonic they are priced well they hardly ever give problems there technical support is excellent and they perform as good as any and are as quiet as any. Worst tech support LG don't go near one they're throw aways. Toshiba fujitsu samsung all good value. And for a little more $ Daikin Mitsubishi Electric. But sizing and correct installation are critical. Take Actron you can't just go buy a ducted unit of your choice their agents need building plans and they sell you correct size. Because under sizing is the main reason for negative reviews it simply doesn't work well because it is undersized. And 90% of installs are this way. Why smaller unit cheaper price get sale. And will swear black and blue there nothing wrong with the ac they sold you. Then they simply stop answering your calls. Who has a huge reputation for this. Man ix right price. They install 8 and 10 kw units in 3 bedroom homes.

tomasked

SRK92ZMA-S (9.2kW)

What is the BTU of this model?

Marion

Not sure if I can find that out! Will check the manual and see if it is there.

Marion

There is nothing on the Manual - this might be of some use to you - it is from the Mitsubishi site: https://www.airconditioning-online.com.au/mitsubishi-heavy-industries-SRK71ZMA-S-7.1kw-cooling-8kw-heating-air-conditioner
Then you can convert kw to Btu's
BTU value Conversion Table
BTU KW
9000 BTU 2.6kw
12000 BTU 3.5kw
15000 BTU 4.3kw
17000 BTU 4.98kw

Hope this helps.

tom

That's great Marion, thanks!

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries representatives