Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series

Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series Questions & Answers

Wendy N.
Wendy N. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

I had my system installed by professional installers and after 3 weeks the system stopped blowing warm air. There’s virtually no air coming out on heating mode and no heat (And I have it set on the sun). The cooling mode is still working. The installers came out and said it’s possibly low refrigerant caused by the manufacturer not putting enough gas in or a refrigerant leak and it needs a top-up - but they’re not sure. Prior to the heating stopping, the run light would blink and no warm air would come out - the troubleshooting guide said it’s due to low outside temps but it’s been around 10 C outside at night. At one point the yellow timer light came on and stayed static. Can you help with possible problem?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hello Wendy, We are sorry to hear about this experience. I will message you direct to obtain some further information so that we can assist you further.

Reg
Reg · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

What area does this model service

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hello Reg, Thank you for reaching out to MHIAA. The area that this unit can easily cool/heat would depend on the room style. However please see the link external link

I will also email you direct with a detailed document to assist you with your enquiry.

Fiona
Fiona · SRK35ZMA-S (3.5kW)

I have just moved into a unit with a Mitsubishi air conditioner, it's winter and I want to get warm but my air conditioner only emits cold air. I've been told the air conditioner has been serviced, however I don't have a manual. What can I do?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hello Fiona, Thank you for reaching out to us. Please see all of our manuals here for you to be able to external link

NickO
NickO · SRK35ZMA-S (3.5kW)

What is the lowest temperature setting that can be set on Heating mode

Gary D.
Gary D. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

What is the outside temperature considered to extremely low?

MARG
MARG · SRK92ZMA-S (9.2kW)

The front panels on my Mitsubishi SRK92ZMA-9 wont go up and down. Can someone tell me why please?

TRENA A.
TRENA A. · SRK-ZMA Series

Hi, My kids have torched something on my remote control and now every five minutes the unit turns off , I can’t figure out what button to push to make it just turn on and stay on. Any help would be so appreciated . Thank you

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hello Trena, Thank you for reaching out to us. I have attached the link to the user manual for the series of Air conditioning that you have. I would take a look specifically at pages 8 and onwards as this shows all of the buttons on the remote and its purpose.

external link

I hope that this helps with your enquiry. If you need anything further please feel free to call us on 1300 138 007.

Mick O
Mick O · SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

Hi, we have a Mitsubishi Air Conditioner (SRK25ZMA-S), that we have had for a few years, but have only recently realized that it is missing two filters. I believe they are both orange and fit in small plastic frames (which we have).
1 x Allergen clear filter
1 x Photocatalytic washable deodorizing filter
Does anyone know the part numbers for these or where we can buy them?
any help would be appreciated.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Mick, You can purchase those filters (Part#RKT437A005 and #RKT437A801D) through our spare parts supplier MRE Spares.

Mick O

Awesome, thanks for that.

Chris W.
Chris W. · SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

My daughter in Melbourne bought a new property with this model split system on the wall which is only 4 years old but has failed due to the evaporator developing a cracked radiator leaking out all the gas. Is there any way to have this repaired. It seems too new to have failed?
Thanks Chris!

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Chris, Really sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

We'd suggest submitting a warranty service request via the page below and we'll get an authorised service agent to get in touch. If you daughter has any paperwork relating to the purchase or installation of the system our agent can refer to that for warranty purposes.

Chris W.

Thanks will see if we can find the paperwork. How much warranty is on these units?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Chris, Out split systems come with a 5 year manufacturers warranty.

Jamie L
Jamie L · SRK20ZMA-S (2.0kW)

How do you turn off the operating light when the unit is in use? The light is very bright in our room when we turn off the lights to go to sleep

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Jamie, Unfortunately, the ZMA series is our older model and the operating light is unable to be adjusted. This feature is only available on our newer Avanti and Avanti PLUS series.

Hope this helps but please let us know if you have any further questions.

Beanthings
Beanthings

Hello, I have the same question, I have the Avanti SKR35ZSAW. How to I turn off the green light so I can sleep with aircon on please

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hello Jamie, Thank you for your enquiry. To dim the light on your wall unit, please follow the instructions.

* Find the Menu button on your remote. Hold this down
* You will see levels to adjust, this can selected by your up and down buttons.
* Once you are satisfied with the level, you can select SET on your remote.

Dave
Dave · SRK25ZMA-S (2.5kW)

hello, does this system have a quiet fan

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Dave, The ZMA series has been superseded by the Avanti series and you can find more info about the replacement model here:
external link

Should be noted that the Avanti series is one of our quieter models, achieving a 19dB when in low fan mode. On top of this, the Silent Operation feature also allows for set periods of time where the unit will operate with reduced noise levels, perfect for night time and an uninterrupted sleep.

Lastly, the Avanti has also been named by ProductReview as the best split system of 2021 and 2022 and incorporates a range of convenient features and functions such as our Clean Air Technology and LED Brightness Control.

If you were looking for a quote, you can find your closest MHI installer by visiting the page below and entering your postcode.
external link

Alternatively, if you’d like a MHI installer in your area to get in touch, visit the page below and leave some details.
external link

Hope this helps but please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards Dave

Andrew G.
Andrew G. · SRK20ZMA-S (2.0kW)

What does "indoor unit" mean?
Does it include the inverter which goes outside? If not can it work without the inverter?
I am looking for heating cooling unit for a cottage with a bedroom area of 14sqm area nd a 2.4m ceiling.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Andrew, All split systems are made up of an 'indoor unit' which is mounted to the wall inside your home and an 'outdoor unit' which is placed up against a wall on the outside of your home. Due to their design, split systems require both and indoor and outdoor unit to function.

Based on those dimensions, one of our smaller systems from our Avanti or Avanti PLUS range (possible 2.0kW or 2.5kW) would be ideal but we always recommend speaking to a local installer who can provide a product recommendation, explain how the systems work and offer a quote.

If you visit the page below and leave some details, we'll get an MHI installer in your area to get in touch and discuss further.

external link

Otherwise, if you'd like to speak to an MHI installer directly, you can enter your postcode on the page below to find your closest one.

external link

If you have any issues or need any further assistance, feel free to contact us on 1300 138 007.

G W.
G W. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Can I heat below 18 degrees, eg 15.

G W.

I don't understand why there needs to be a lower temp limit on heating but remote won't go below 18deg. I like to heat my room to just 15 degrees

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi G, Like most split systems air conditioners currently available on the market, our systems can only be set to a minimum of 18c while in heating mode.

If you find this is too warm, you can try adjusting the fan speed to the lowest possible setting or using the night setback function which will keep your room above 10c.

Julian S.
Julian S.

This is quite silly. I'm the third person in this page asking this functionality. Who cares what the rest of the market does.
It's literally a programming change to provide a lower setpoint and the night setback of 10°C proves that it's possible.
MIH please take the feedback and update this

Tony D
Tony D

I have the opposite problem with my unit. I set the temp on the remote to 25 and the unit ramps down and stops heating when the room temp reaches 18 deg. Mitsubishi techs so far are telling me the unit is operating normally? It falls short of 7 degrees to set temp in my eyes. I'm waiting for the service side of things to be exhausted as I'm definitely still not happy before posting my review of the unit here.

Tom E.

My brand new one (SRK35ZSA-W) seems to be doing the same thing. I have to set it to 24C to get it to 19C. I have the WiFi connection, and it says the room temperature is 25C when it is really about 20C.

Tom E.

Tony and Julian. You need to swap units. A unit that has to be set 7C higher should be able to have a setpoint a lot lower than 18C. BTW there's some sort of regulation that says that for comfort , rooms should be heated to 30C. This is a 30 year old WHO guideline (look it up).

Lou B.
Lou B. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Do I set my Mitsubishi heavy industries on auto or heating? Thanks.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Lou, If you want the unit to warm your space, we would suggest setting your unit to heating mode. When it comes to setting the temperature, this often comes down to personal preference but we usually recommend setting the temperature to somewhere around 20 degrees.

Hope this helps!

MasonPR
MasonPR · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

Just was wondering if you could get the air swings to go different ways.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Mason, You can adjust the louvres (and thus airflow) either left/right or up/down by pressing the 'L/R' and 'U/D' buttons on the remote control.

You can find instructions on page 12 of the user manual below:

baz
baz · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

How do i remove the front cover i can see three screws, do i just remove those and lift off?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Baz, We've just sent you a message to gather your email address so we can some you some more information.

David I.
David I. · SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

I currently have this installed in my apartment but realized that it is missing the filter holders for RKT437A005 [28] and RKT437A801D [29].

I tried to look on the site posted in the reply earlier but couple only find the replacement filters and not the holders. Can anyone tell me where I can get the filter holders as well as the filters?

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi David, You should still be able to purchase 2 x RKX129A014 filter holders from MRE spares if you contact them on info@mrespares.com.au or +61 2 9600 7444.

FF F.
FF F. · SRK71ZMA-S (7.1kW)

What is the price for 7.1Kw and if this model is available in Cairns.

Thank you.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi F, The SRK71ZMA-S has been superseded by the Bronte series (SRK71ZRA-W) but if you wanted to speak to either of the MHIAA installers below they'd be happy to provide you a quote for the unit and installation.

A WILLIS & D.J WILLIS - 07 4032 3097

J & R REFRIGERATION PTY LTD - 07 4081 2900

MCM
MCM · SRK50ZMA-S (5.0kW)

I have a SRK35ZGA-S.
It was working last week but will not turn on now either by using the remote or the Button on the unit manually. I have changed the batteries in the remote and the screen on the remote appears funtional but there is no visible light from the sensor.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi There, Really sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

If the unit's not responding to either the remote or the manual power button we'd suggest visiting the page below and leaving some details and we'll get a service agent to get in touch.

Sheena
Sheena · SRK20ZMA-S (2.0kW)

Is it good for a small bedroom? Where can I get this? How much is the installation?

Nic Grande
Nic Grande

It is ample for a bedroom on a low setting.Contact Noel aircon for a quote They are more than reasonable. Ph.0411112990.

Sheena

Thanks very much for the information Mic!

Sorry Typo - Nic

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners   DM

Hi Sheena, The SRKZMA series has been superseded by the Avanti SRK20ZSA-W model which you can learn more via the page below.

external link

Regarding sizing, without knowing the exact size of the room, it would be hard to confirm is the 2.0kW would be suitable for your space which is why we always recommend speaking to a local installer who can assess the space and provide a recommendation.

You can find the closest MHIAA dealer by visiting the page below

external link

If you have any other issues or questions you can also contact us directly on 1300 138 007.

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives

Select a listing for your question
Mitsubishi SRK-ZMA Series