Motor Scout Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Matthew P.
Matthew P.

Hi, do you also service Queensland? Especially the Sunshine Coast or Brisbane?
I’m after a Commuter van which can transfer into a courier van if needed, such as a Toyota Hiace 12 seater, or similar. Used car is ok.

Motor Scout   DM

Hi Matt. We operate Australia wide and work with most Toyota dealers across Brisbane and the sunny coast so will definitely be able to assist. You can check out the range of Hiace vans here: external link or feel free to call our team on 1300 341 751.

manu
manu

Hi Guys
I m expecting help from you guys. I want to trade in my 2016 Honda HRV VTI-S 90000km and buy Toyota rav4 hybrid but I m not too sure about the process. I don't know should I sell my car outside or trade in to get a bit money so that it would be easy for my repayments. please let me know
Thanks guys

Jazzy L.
Jazzy L.

HI, just wondering what's the reason a quote has expired if you have an account with MotorScout? Would they reinstate the quote back? How long would the quote be valid for?

Antonio17

Are they able to help customers in Perth, WA too ?

Kjs new car
Kjs new car

Yes. Ring Jacob on 0488847382

Antonio17

Thanks will give him a ring. Did you contact him recently?

Riv
Riv

Can I sell and buy my car through Motor Scout? Thank you

Doug
Doug

Yesd I believe you can both buy and sell a vehicle through MotorScout

Katie
Katie

Can I only get a Trade In price for my old car through Motor Scout ? I already bought a new car its on the water, I don't need their new car service.

Ted
Ted

Hi, how are you finding getting quotes for the Toyota Landcruiser 300 Sahara. Are dealers giving you prices or just guideline price.
Do you source close to where the buyer is located?
Or do I give you radius on how far I am willing to travel to pick it up.

Sophia N.
Sophia N.

Hi, I wanted to check if your organisation can organised novated leasing/salary packaging when we buy the car through it? It would be great to know.

Gregg
Gregg

l was wondering does Motor Scout try to get quotes close to where l live in Victoria or is there an unlimited kilometer radius involved when finding a dealership...Also as l'm looking at a GXL Rav4 2.5l hybrid do you look at how cheap you can get the deposit down too. l'm hearing some dealers want deposit prices ranging from $2000 down to $500. Seeing as l will be looking to finance , if approved, does it start from when it is approved or when l collect the car which could be in 12 months time. Thanks

Eloise
Eloise

Is it legitimate? Phone number put me on hold then rings out, online chat help left chat and did not respond to a car make question.

Emma
Emma

Yes, this is a legitimate business…If you submit your details on their website they will call you back (Monday-Friday) to confirm what you are looking for and then hopefully they should come back with quotes shortly after. When you accept a quote you will see the dealership’s details and you will deal with the dealership just like you normally would when buying a car directly at a dealership.

Gony N.
Gony N.

Hi,
Just wanted to know what the wait time was for a new RAV 4 Hybrid Cruiser.

Regards

Motor Scout   DM

Hi Gony. As it currently stands and depending on which state you're in, it can be anywhere from 6-12 months. i hope that helps!.

Anthony
Anthony

Other car brokers say they have the biggest dealer networks, volume buyer and can get the largest fleet discounts. So what distinguishes Motor Scout from other car brokers? Thanks.

Sydney girl
Sydney girl

Probably the level of service.

David Knowles
David Knowles

Wanting a price on a Isuzu LSU or a Mazda XTR dual cab with tow bar and electricals - Drive away.

lorraine K.
lorraine K.

Will a Rav 4 tow a small boat

Kevin L
Kevin L

Does Motorscout handle trade ins if so how.

Motor Scout   DM

We sure do Kevin! We have an online trade in form that will send your trade-in to our dealer network allowing you to receive multiple trade-in offers.

Stephen J.
Stephen J.

Has anyone bought a car and got finance through motorscout?? If so how long was the process??

Kyle M.
Kyle M.

Just bought our new Kia using motorscout ..... a not recommended them more highly! Honestly who wants to haggle with car salesmen .....not me... let motorscout do the leg work for you and get you the best deal.... I used Matt and he was so nice to boot.

Mark F.
Mark F.

How much to join motorscout? is it a annual fee?

Long Paddock
Long Paddock

No fee to the buyer. They charge the selling dealer what they call a spotters fee.

Lus
Lus

Hi can you please provide me with a quote for a Mazda CX 3 Akari AWD 2020 model? Thanks

niko87
niko87

So what is the average savings on a vehicle in a percentage? 10%? 15%?

Motor Scout   DM

Hi Niko. The discounted saving will vary depending on your state and vehicle selected but to give you an indication, we've saved client on average just over 10% this year. I hope that helps!

Neo
Neo

Is it possible to talk to someone directly in your Sydney office? Have been trying for days to no avail! I do not feel safe depositing lots of money for a car online which I cannot test drive.

Motor Scout   DM

Hi Neo. There is currently a business posing as Motor Scout selling used cars online. Unfortunately they are in no way associated with Motor Scout Australia. We’re an online broker who only assist with new car dealers so our advice is to steer clear of these overseas imitators and save yourself a few big headaches. Regards

Peter
Founder
Motor Scout Australia

Trevor
Trevor

Will you help me sell my car? Trevor

Motor Scout   DM

Hi Trevor. We can assist if you're looking to trade-in your current car on a brand new one but if you're looking to just sell your car, your best best will be Car Sales, Gumtree of Facebook Marketplace.

Get an answer from our members and Motor Scout representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Motor Scout is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2022 and 2021. Learn more

OnlineAuto.com.au