NAB (National Australia Bank)

NAB (National Australia Bank) Questions & Answers

Online, Branches

33 questions from our users

John S.

John S.asked

Can I deposit coins at a nab atm

Frank
Frank

majority of NAB ATM don't offer this service , NAB bank don't really own any ATM machines, NAB bank hire them that's why it's difficult to find a original nab ATM they got rid of most of them to save money.its Disappointing and frustrating when I need to find an NAB ATM to withdraw money have to use a different bank costing extra to use.

R OBasked

why wont my branch give me a deposit book to pay in money

fred f

I do not know. Why don’t you ask them?

R OB

Does NAB still have deposit books to let me pay in cash

fred f

They did last time I checked.

Doogle

Doogleasked

Does nan pay after midnight

john smith
john smith

I dont know ask her

fred f

No as my nan is asleep at that time

Thomas J.

Thomas J.asked

My app keeps wanting an update but wont update .. my wifes phone updated no probs recently. Why not mine

Melissa
Melissa

I'm no tech head, but when I encounter issues like this, which I haven't for the NAB app, but I use this methodology for any app's that won't update, is turn your wifi on your phone, sometimes that can help instead of just using your phone's data, try reinstalling the app or turn your phone off for a bit then turn on again and it may reset your app for you.

James Burton

James Burtonasked

Can you deposit $10.00 in my account though the atm

i cant but you can

Only if you deposit $100.00 in my account first

Hussain L.

Hussain L.asked

Hi, brother sent me money from NAB account to UAE and its been more than a week I didnt receive the money and no one is facilitating my brother in NAB branch. It's a huge money. Please anyone can assist what is the process to approach higher authorities or is there any central bank or something where my brother can go and complain?

Exhausted

I sympathise as I had a large sum of money go astray in the NAB labyrinth for days. I was a total stress mess. On NAB's website there is a complaints email and telephone number but I tried both and they never even got back to me... shocking! I finally got my issue resolved by calling the NAB 13 number over and over again and telling my story to so many people that someone finally helped me. Banking should never be this soul destroying... I am still knocked around by how helpless I felt to get my money back. I hope you get someone on their 13 number who cares and is competent...very hit and miss and NAB needs a good clean up!

Verash

Verashasked

If i deposit cash into my nab account over the.weekend by using nab atm, when willi recieve my funds??

Exhausted

I think it would be Tuesday as if I pay funds between accounts in different banks online on a weekend funds appear in receiving account Tues morning. Depositing cash into account using same bank atm might be immediate though...good luck.

george murray
george murray

Ask the bank asking here wont give you the correct answer

trevor

trevorasked

how can i deposit money into my nab account at a smart atm

Billy-jean C.asked

Just wondering how long it takes for money from a nab smart atm to clear in a Commonwealth account first time deposit

micheal

depends when the bank processes the ATM transactions it could take 5-7 working days

Billy-jean C.

Thank you but nab told me you can't deposit into a different bank account apart from nab ... from the atm that is ..is this true?

hammerhead
hammerhead

that is correct you can now only deposit at a Nab ATM for a Nab account, You have to do a transfer thru the bank to deposit into any other bank or do an online transfer

Rabina k.

Rabina k.asked

Hello,
I had collected super fund from Hesta. I had been trying to collect money from different banks of Nepal. I have processed cheque from Nabil bank of Nepal today. This cheque was issued on 7th November 2018 from NAB. So I was just concerned if this cheque has any validity? If it has what should I do to collect the money as I am living in Nepal??

Nathan j

Nathan jasked

How long does it take for money to transfer and clear nab to commonwealth direct deposit ??

Meghann R.

Meghann R.asked

If I am with nab can I deposit cash in a commonwealth ATM with my nab card?

NancyW
NancyW

Yes, you can. I've used the quick deposit ATM Commonwealth have using my NAB and ANZ card to put money in my sons accounts. As long as it is a card from another bank, you are good to go.

Sss

Sssasked

If I cashed a business cheque in my account it took 3 working days would a second cheque clear straight away

PKVJ

PKVJasked

How long is a nab cheque stays valid for?

you will need to contact the NAB & ask them

Jayasked

Why would nab decline giving me $200 out of cheque I deposited for $4000 told them I am stuck in Queensland with no money for food or anything have been with nab for 17 years have my grand kids with me my money goes into my account every week so stressed my money will clear tomorrow but that’s not the point. Never default on paying my credit card etc. just disgusting

george

I don't understand why you ask the question on a public forum don't you think contacting the NAB direct you would get a quicker & more accurate response

Jay

Tried twice by ringing them, young fellow was really nice but could not tell me why

George jetson
you need to understand that we are all not as clever as you as being rude to people, maybe I am old and was just a little upset with the situation I and my grand children were in, you try raising grandchildren and see how you feel at the end of the day

Sue m

Sue masked

Why can't I deposit cash into my account at your Somerville branch?

Bubbysue

Bubbysueasked

My lawyer has deposited my settlement money in my bank account how long does it take to clear?

Emjay
Emjay

From my previous experience of working in a lawyers office, it would depend on the type of cheque deposited. If, for example, this was part of a property sale and the cheque was issued by the buyers bank, it would be a bank cheque and would clear overnight. If it is the lawyers trust account cheque (which I would presume it was) then it could take up to 7 days to clear, depending on the banks involved. I would doubt it would take any longer.

Colly

Collyasked

Does anyone have inside information on the current never resolved NAB to Loyalty Programme ( e.g Qantas Freq. Flyer) points transfer fiasco.?
I have not had ANY points go across from NA B to QFF for 5 months. They advise they are working on it.??

Doug The Mug.

Doug The Mug.asked

Does anybody have anything to say/report about RACQ Bank? Good or Bad would help.

Manda W

Manda Wasked

How long will it take for cheque to clear via deposit at atm?

Get an answer from our members and NAB representatives