NAB (National Australia Bank) Questions & Answers

42 questions from our users

Glen G.

Glen G.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

I’ve been fully id at nab branch but still can’t access my money as they said they have not been sent anything from the branch I need my money so what can I do

micheal

i dont why you would be asking here for this is NOT the NAB the logical thing to do would be to contact the bank

Glen G.

Glen G.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

I’ve been id at a nab branch but still can’t access my money

see above

Anonymous762

Anonymous762asked

Dear NAB customers and Ex NAB customers,
Does anyone here know, do you need to have at least one transaction account or savings account with NAB, in order to maintain a credit card with them?
I would appreciate a response please.
Thanks in advance.
Regards, Anonymous762

sam
sam

yes you need some sort of account transaction, savings, loan ,

Smpasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

I'm with NAB but my friend isn't. Can she deposit cash into an atm and send it to my nab account? Does it matter which atm she uses? Her banks atm? Mine? Any?

iamagirl1969
iamagirl1969

No she can't deposit into a NAB ATM if she doesn't have a card to access it. Why would she want to do this? To send you money all she needs to do, is send it via online banking from her bank account to yours. Most banks have OSKO payment systems which allow you to pay someone in real time. So I need to pay you for something, I go online I submit your bank account via your bsb and account number and with OSKO payments, you will receive the money immediately.

Hope this helps you out.

Smp

Hi thanks for your reply. I realise now it's an odd question.
For certain reasons she wants it to be an anonymous deposit so not account to account. I know it can be done. I just don't know if it has to be done via my own banks atm or if it can be done from here to mine OR from any atm to mine. She would use her card.
Lol weird I know and hard to explain with out back story

claireobeythekitty

No it can't be done. all banking transactions within Australia are tracked. Sounds to me like your friend is a bit shady. I would avoid attempting to assist her in her anonymous deposits, because it sounds suspiciously like some kind of fraudulent activity is happening.

James S.

James S.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Hello, Can i deposit cash into another companies account. I have tried this i have there bsb and acct. Numbers. So far i cant do.

Brenda Langella
Brenda Langella

You should be able if you have the app click on pay anyone and put in the details that should work

claireobeythekitty

What error message are you getting? You may have an incorrect account number or BSB number and or the other parties bank account is closed?

Nick H.

Nick H.asked

Online

If you make to many errors at the atm and it shuts you out how long before you can have another go

george
george

2hours or you need to contact the bank

Nick H.

Nick H.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

How many errors are am I allowed at an ATM shut down how long does it take to reopen

RudolphandHermey

RudolphandHermeyasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Why have i got a text saying
"Dear customer your account has been limited.
Login in and update details to continue using our services.
Thanks nab."
I have never ever had an account with them.

Fired Up

Have you considered phishing sms as per their website

its a scam

Mitch  M.

Mitch M.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Can I deposit money into a commonwealth bank from my Nab bank

Fired Up

I see no reason why you can’t

micheal

yeah i do it all the time

John S.

John S.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Can I deposit coins at a nab atm

Frank
Frank

majority of NAB ATM don't offer this service , NAB bank don't really own any ATM machines, NAB bank hire them that's why it's difficult to find a original nab ATM they got rid of most of them to save money.its Disappointing and frustrating when I need to find an NAB ATM to withdraw money have to use a different bank costing extra to use.

R OBasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

why wont my branch give me a deposit book to pay in money

Fired Up

I do not know. Why don’t you ask them?

R OB

Does NAB still have deposit books to let me pay in cash

Fired Up

They did last time I checked.

Doogle

Doogleasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Does nan pay after midnight

john smith
john smith

I dont know ask her

Fired Up

No as my nan is asleep at that time

Thomas J.

Thomas J.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

My app keeps wanting an update but wont update .. my wifes phone updated no probs recently. Why not mine

Melissa
Melissa

I'm no tech head, but when I encounter issues like this, which I haven't for the NAB app, but I use this methodology for any app's that won't update, is turn your wifi on your phone, sometimes that can help instead of just using your phone's data, try reinstalling the app or turn your phone off for a bit then turn on again and it may reset your app for you.

Louise H
Louise H

The app needs a later version of the IOS software than what you have on your phone. This could be because you haven't let your phone do its software upgrades or because you are using an older phone that is not compatible with latest IOS software versions. You need to either run your software updates or upgrade your device/phone. This will happen to more and more of your apps over time...

James Burton

James Burtonasked

Can you deposit $10.00 in my account though the atm

i cant but you can

Only if you deposit $100.00 in my account first

Hussain L.

Hussain L.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Hi, brother sent me money from NAB account to UAE and its been more than a week I didnt receive the money and no one is facilitating my brother in NAB branch. It's a huge money. Please anyone can assist what is the process to approach higher authorities or is there any central bank or something where my brother can go and complain?

Exhausted

I sympathise as I had a large sum of money go astray in the NAB labyrinth for days. I was a total stress mess. On NAB's website there is a complaints email and telephone number but I tried both and they never even got back to me... shocking! I finally got my issue resolved by calling the NAB 13 number over and over again and telling my story to so many people that someone finally helped me. Banking should never be this soul destroying... I am still knocked around by how helpless I felt to get my money back. I hope you get someone on their 13 number who cares and is competent...very hit and miss and NAB needs a good clean up!

Verash

Verashasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

If i deposit cash into my nab account over the.weekend by using nab atm, when willi recieve my funds??

Exhausted

I think it would be Tuesday as if I pay funds between accounts in different banks online on a weekend funds appear in receiving account Tues morning. Depositing cash into account using same bank atm might be immediate though...good luck.

wingnut
wingnut

Ask the bank asking here wont give you the correct answer

trevor

trevorasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

how can i deposit money into my nab account at a smart atm

Billy-jean C.asked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

Just wondering how long it takes for money from a nab smart atm to clear in a Commonwealth account first time deposit

micheal

depends when the bank processes the ATM transactions it could take 5-7 working days

Billy-jean C.

Thank you but nab told me you can't deposit into a different bank account apart from nab ... from the atm that is ..is this true?

minni
minni

that is correct you can now only deposit at a Nab ATM for a Nab account, You have to do a transfer thru the bank to deposit into any other bank or do an online transfer

Rabina k.

Rabina k.asked

Hello,
I had collected super fund from Hesta. I had been trying to collect money from different banks of Nepal. I have processed cheque from Nabil bank of Nepal today. This cheque was issued on 7th November 2018 from NAB. So I was just concerned if this cheque has any validity? If it has what should I do to collect the money as I am living in Nepal??

Nathan j

Nathan jasked

NAB (National Australia Bank)

How long does it take for money to transfer and clear nab to commonwealth direct deposit ??

Get an answer from our members and NAB representatives

Other Banks