2Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV

Netcomm AC1600 NF18ACV Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:NF18ACV
Alan R.
Alan R.

How many 2.4Mhz clients can the modem accommodate?

FrequentFlyer12
FrequentFlyer12

I am told the amount of Wi Fi connected devices is virtually unlimited, but probably about 512 devices connected live at any one time is via the 2.4 Ghz Wi fi band is about the limit. In the real world I have seen no more than about 30 connected devices at any one time with my NF18 router. The 5Ghz band with Wi Fi 6 may perform faster, but may have less range. The efficiency of the Wi Fi connection is limited by the speed of the feed of the internet whether it be NBN Tier 100 or whatever and if the Wi Fi Band in use by the device is congested or due to neighbours and others along the road or street.

Some NF18AC routers setup for Hotels, Coffee Shops and Restautant's may provide the Wi Fi connections for their customers as Guests and operate off the Guest Wi Fi Settings and Guest Network Password with Isolation. They may use their EFTPOS and Business Transactions and Internet on the main Wi Fi Network with High Security MAC Addressing setup for each MAC Address on each EFTPOS Device or terminal. They also may operate at NBN 250 Tier for the high speed. The number of clients on either the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz band able to be connected can be controlled by the NF18AC Router.

If you wish to get further concise and more detailed information, I suggest you may wish to contact Netcomm Technical Support.

keith m.
keith m.

Had a storm last night and today my modem will not connect nbn. Has anyone had this happen?

Richard
Richard

how many devices can connect to a NetComm NF18ACV.NC.AU?

reymon b.
reymon b.

How can i install the AC 1600 dual band

Roger-Adelaide

I note that the most recent review was 7 months ago, and the majority are 12 months plus.
Does this mean that no-one uses this model anymore. I am looking at NBN through an ISP who supplies the nf18acv. After reading these reviews I am not prepared to use this model unless huge improvements have been made especially to Wi-fi

Luigi Martin

I believe most ISPs (outside of Telstra & Optus) generally provide rubbish modems

If WiFi >>and<< NBN speeds are important to you, then stick with T & O

If you are prepared to do some extra work, then a reasonable ISP (I use Spintel), together with NF18ACV plus a good external WiFi/Mesh system works remakably well (I don't use mesh, just a decent WiFi Access point), & I usually have about 10 devices (5 WiFi, 5 wired ethernet), with no problems

YMMV

Roger-Adelaide

Thanks for your answer. Coincidentally I will be using Spintel as my ISP. I have decided to buy my own wifi router buying a TP-LINK ac1600 VR600 v2.. NBN being connected Tuesday afternoon hopefully all will be good. Will be replacing my existing fixed wireless broadband due to unreliable speeds.

Mahesh P.
Mahesh P.

hi could you please let me know how to connect netcomm modem with 2 degree connection?

Hi Mahesh,

Your question doen't make sense to me

What is a 2 degree connection?

Slightly warmer than the freezing point of water ????? LOL

Cameron W.
Cameron W.

Fermi
Fermi

How can I access my router settings I tried ths default password and username and it says wrong what should I do?

Anil P.

If you got the router through ISP, the login details will be set by them. It should have come with the box on a card or something. If not call the service provider and they will help you. Also, reset the router if you want and you should be able to use the default login details. Hope that helps.

BrianW
BrianW

how to install ethernet version

Murray
Murray

What would be the best WIFI extender for this unit please ?

Robin.
Robin.

How many devise's will this run

I normally use 10 devices. But it should be okay for more

JoeW

Agree more than 10 but I don't use its built-in wifi preferring a mesh home wifi system.

Lyn
Lyn

There is a Calix FSL-213710 with 2 phone & 4 LAN points, and lights to indicate Alarm, PON, phones & Lan. Is this Calix a 5GHz Ac router?

JoeW

As far as I know, CASA systems purchased Netcomm. The Netcomm name still appears on the product - I received a new one this last week. You can find it listed on CASA systems website but it's still a Netcomm on the photo. Don't know if the CASA / NetComm is rebranded could not find a photo...

Phil
Phil

Can I change Wireless network name .... currently NetComm 6036
I have a situation which requires this to be string with nospace

Rudi P.

How many wireless connections can this modem handle?

Alan M
Alan M

Don't know the max, but the defaults are 16 for each band. I've had 11 working. 8 on 2.4 and 3 on 5.

Thanks!

barry
barry

has anyone used vpn with this we use voip so we have to use our servers router or thy wont support voip thank u barry

Jodi S.

How many connected devices for smart home will the Netcomm allow me to use via Wi-Fi?

Tim Cowley
Tim Cowley

Some poster above said he had 30

Jodi S.

I have over 25 connected devices with my smart home. How many devices will the Netcomm allow me to add via wifi?

Brisdaz
Brisdaz

Where's the best place to sell a brand new unit? Brand new prices at computer stores are around $140. I have one for sale.

Nikki
Nikki

I guess if you're only selling the one unit then eBay would be your best bet

Get an answer from our members and NetComm representatives