Nissan Dualis / Qashqai

132 questions from our users

Bob K.

Bob K.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

I have a Dualis 2007 model. Problem is engine power when driving on a steep hill, or when climbing on an object small as 10cm... the car wont climb, even when i engage 4wD.
But no problem when on plain surfaces and has enough speed and power while on main road. So what could be the problem? Is this a common problem? Iv already changed the gear box but still same problem

Joe Smithasked

Dualis / Qashqai

What may be causing a whistling noise from the left C-pillar in the 2019 Nissan Qashqai?

I've heard that they have issues such as misaligned panels.

Joe Smith

My review at the top of the page wasn't incentivised, my apologies.

alan

I heard they all do it, something to do with the shape of them, The later model xtrails do the same thing. Earlier xtrails 2009-2013 never did it. They were good cars, Nissan knows about it, they refuse to acknowledge it.

Joe Smith

Took the car to Nissan and it turns out it was an air conditioning cap that wasn't put on properly but the car still makes that same noise but quieter. Huh... Lousy Nissan service!!!

Di Aitchisonasked

Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

I have a 5 year old Qashqi with ongoing aircon problems. I have asked to have it solved 4 to 5 times but because it is a "rare" incidence ie Mostly ok, but occasionally starts to blow coolish air..but no cold air. It can then just start working again. I am almost out of my extended warranty at the end of this month, so I'm getting desperate as I am a pensioner. It is in for 2 days at present and they say they will try to drive it around to see if it happens again. That is a long shot with no guarantees it will happen when they have it. At one stage they wondered if it might be associated with the battery, so I bought a new one..and the aircon was working for months after I'd replaced it. However it has happened again. I get their frustration..but it's nothing compared to mine. Alex

alan

typical nissan air conditioners they all had problems, qashqai & xtrails have the same units Nissan knows about it they pretend they dont know. so they dont have to repair them Leaking seals, faulty compressors pipes freezing up are some of the issues

Di Aitchison

Thankyou Alan...time will tell.

Bradasked

Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

I have a 2017 qushqai and it has 60,000km when you turn on the aircon the fan has a big tapping noise. All fin are on the fan!! Any help will be good

Amit
Amit

Sounds like when it started in my NQ diesel. At Nissan, they dismissed our complaint. Independent mechanic reveals fan is dead and engine is overheating on turning on AC. . Paying $ 275 fan + 140 fitting cost. Car is out of warranty after 3 years :(

alan

all quashqai had the exact same problem, nissan pretends they dont know of any issues with the fans

Brad

And they want $1500 for a new one. Got one after market luckily. It’s been a great little car other then that. But after them wanting that much for a fan I don’t want to take the risk something major might break. No more Nissan’s for me unfortunately

Paul S.

Paul S.asked

what i need to do befor i disconnect my battery on my nissan dualis 2012

nothing

andrew
andrew

nothing except undo the battery terminals

Donna C.asked

Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Hi there. I have 2015 Qashqai TI bought Jan 2016. Only done mainly urban driving on Gold Coast and RACQ told me i need a new fan that made a vibration clacking sound when aircon on.
Now i don’t know if better to trade for Subaru Forrester or Rav4 Hybrid as new fan costs under $300 to buy but over $1800 to install, then only has 12mth Warranty. Was told it’s a manufacturing problem so Nissan should recall the damn things and fix it!!
I found Nissan so unhelpful and unwilling to accept responsibility in clearly a fault that was in the car.
Only done the $13k what do you think? i’m not wealthy to keep forking out parts. Would i be better off in a Hybrid for economy and reliability? Can anyone suggest which are best but around Qasqai price?
Also what should i accept as Trade In? It’s got all the bells & whistles of TI model.
I’m upset as love the car but not the fact parts are from China or Mexican and i thought was British assembled but lol Chinese parts? Wtf??
Beautiful car inside but sadly i can’t trust it if will develop probs and yes the warranty is now finished...
Please reply as only got till 20th to decide.

How does the RACQ know its the fan making the noise Nissan Qashqai and

xtrails had a big problem with air cond units leaking seals & noisy compressors vibrating both easy fixed who told you it was $1800 to install a new fan Get another quote but NOT from Nissan they havent got a clue. Dont trade the car take it a local auto electrician or some one who does car air conditioning and get another quote Nissan will tell you anything just to make money

Donna C.

Thankyou so much. I am taking it on Friday who wants to check it’s the fan. Nissan ( omg- lol) quoted $1840 so no way. The mechanic i found said if it’s that then $800 part and labour tho at least he said he wants to make sure as might be something cheaper... I hope only something small. Gorgeous car but i’m unsure to trade for Mazda CX-5 2021 model...... if the Qashqai doesn’t have any major expensive “ problems” then i’d like to keep it.... Tho CVT makes me wonder...

ben dover
ben dover

. Get the mechanic to check the air conditioner compressor there was a lot of problems with Nissan air con units this is where the problem could be....keep the Qashqai 100% better then Mazdas, you think you have problems now Mazdas are worse. As for the CVT there is a lot of rumors about nissan CVT they only fail because they arnt serviced properly Get the transmission serviced new filters oil etc every 20,000kms & you shouldnt have any problems. DO NOT TAKE IT TO NISSAN FOR SERVICING they never do it properly mark it off in the log book that its been done & charge for it.

Paul S.

Paul S.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

do l need to de code the emc befor removing auto gearbox

NickD

NickDasked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

DUALIS TS 2013 Diesel 1.6 - Does anyone know where the oil filter on these engines is located? I see that they are not like a standard filter but rather a cartridge. Doesn't seem to be much info around so help appreciated... thanks

Pili m.

Pili m.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

I changed my gear box oil last month but today it's dry am using dualis 2007 any idea please?

Paul W.

Paul W.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

my cruise control drops in and out, and auto start system failure light on ,is this a battery issue

Salim S.

Salim S.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

I have dualis j10,but no speed it drives up 40km/h with more power engine but it changes gear. Any ideas?

JillyS

JillySasked

Dualis / Qashqai

Anyone know why my 2018 Qashqui makes an intermittent quiet beeping whilst Locked and parked ? No doors open , no dashboard lights on

Linda-jane H.asked

Dualis / Qashqai

Hi guys I have a nissan dualis 2013 and have replaced the battery but the stop start fault is still flashing any ideas on how to reset it .thank you

alan

You need to reset the computer...That happens sometimes Try disconnecting the battery for around 4hrs then reconnect. Connect the Red positive cable before the Black negative.

Musa M.

Musa M.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

My J10 2008 model won't power on. Dash board doesn't light up, car won't respond to key, and ignition knob won't turn. Please advise?

check the fuses & relays

Matchai G.

Matchai G.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

I have a Nissan Dualis 2010 model, 4Ward 2.L petrol. It suddenly jerks then the the accelerator moves UP and DOWN while the car misfires, eco mode switches itself off and the 4ward with gearbox signal appears ON the dashboard, next thing, the car goes off with all the lights ON the dashboard. next morning the car wont start until now..it just stuttering and CANNOT iddle. Replaced parts such as spark plugs, oil filter, engine oil and gearbox oil, antifreeze, but still it wont start. Can anyone help?

wingnut
wingnut

it could be anything...check the electronic control module, & oxygen sensor... Take it a mechanic & put it on the computer & get the fault code then look up the fault code

Gee

Geeasked

Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Hi guys, has anyone else had any of the following issues with their qashqai 2015 diesel?
- 4 battery replacements
- automatic transmission replaced
- fan belt x 2 replacements
- intercooler
- turbo
- egr valve
- inner console illuminating lights blown
- problems with moonroof
All replaced things listed have been placed (egr valve pending). Oh and check your mud flap front drivers side and fell me it’s still in tact and the bolts haven’t come undone from that guard? Because mine has and I’ve seen 2 other qashqai driving around with the same issue.
Vehicle is regularly serviced as I do a lot of driving.

Anteneh

Antenehasked

Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Would you please contact me online seller for Nissan Quashqai j11 2017 model Transmission control unit?

Manmeet R

Manmeet Rasked

Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

I am looking to buy Nissan qashqai 2019/2020 models. I might do some rideshare for sometime casually on this car. Any problems with this car ? Would these Nissan car last longer?

Peter
Peter

I haven't had any problems with mine and I think since Nissan has upgraded to the apple car play app you'll have an even better driving experience

Rob A

Rob Aasked

Dualis / Qashqai

Stop start system fault appears on my 2013 TS Dualis. I would like to disconnect it as I am not a fan of the system. When I push the off button for stop start the indicator circular arrow in white continues to flash on the in front panel. And also orange triangular indicator appears and remains on although I can turn this off by pushing the i button on the steering wheel. Would appreciate and suggestions on how to turn off S/S and hopefully turn off auto indicator from flashing continiously. Cheers Rob

PA B.

I have asked to turn off stop start too, but you cant. The fault is most lkely due your battery not holding sufficient amps. It happens at about 540cca, the dealers will try tell you it is something more, replace battery and reset.

Rabindra D.

Rabindra D.asked

Dualis J10 (2007-2014)

Any body expert in finding radio codes for Nissaan dualis st 2013. My radio is locked and asking for PIN code.

PA B.

The radio passcode is on a red and white card in the front pocket of your manual, mine is 1229.

Nissan Dualis / Qashqai