5Novalac Reflux

Novalac Reflux Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.
FATIMA M.
FATIMA M.

Hi I hav a 15 old week baby .at 1st she was using s26 gold bt then was vomiting thru her nose n mouth.then I changed it to s26 comfort which constipated her.then paedritian put her on novolec ar digest plus bt now the milk is out of stock.so the paedritian changed it to novolec ar bt baby was vomiting n stomach cramps.nw paedritian changed it to novolec HD. Wit this milk baby mkin stools green in color and she hardly sleeps.is this normal.

Bethany P.
Bethany P.

I’m currently using Novalac reflux for my almost 4 month old. She is currently on a reflux medication also. My Dr wants her to slowly ween off the reflux formula but there doesn’t seem to be a normal every day formula in this range. Any suggestions to what other brand formula is the most similar to the Novalac range that I can use that won’t cause too much upset on my baby’s tummy? We are staring with using a different formula for two of her feeds during the day and going from there.

Jemy A.
Jemy A.

Hi try novalac HA.. It's thick and I'm using it for my daughter of 4 months. She has reflux and is lactose intolerance. She is fed every 4 hours. She had to be admitted because of her spitting up after every feed and in between. It has slowed down alot than before. She don't have a problem with constipation at all.

Melissa N.
Melissa N.

My 4 month old recently started having reflux. She was on Nan AR but I couldn't find stock so I changed to Novalac AR DIGEST. It helps with spitting up alot but now she has running tummy everytime she goes out.... What can I do or should I stop the Novalac?

Bulelwa Z.
Bulelwa Z.

My baby was 6 week old on 20 April the Dr suggested Novalac AR ,but now the baby keeps making number 2 all the time .mu question 8s still normal for a 1mnth old and 3 week old ?

Ros
Ros

Does Novalac Reflux come in a reflux formula for babies 1yr +?

Liz
Liz

Hi I need help please. My baby is currently on Novalac AR1 and she vomits about 3 times a day and her stools have increased to about 6 a day now. Is this normal? What other milk can I try to help her?

Rae
Rae

Baby been on novolac reflux now for 1 tin but us becoming more windy .

Muhammad Abubakar H.
Muhammad Abubakar H.

Novalac AR 1 formula milk is halal or not kindly guide me?

Tandokazi T.
Tandokazi T.

Please help I have a 17 days new born was using nan optipro but baby was vomiting after every feed so got an advice to use novalac ar, now it's been 3days using it vomiting is better but he can't pass stool. He is really struggling is it too soon to try another r should I wait plz it's urgent

Mabakoena M.
Mabakoena M.

Same here. Will listen with you

Redelia T.
Redelia T.

Hi my baby was on Novalac HA and nexium so we switched to AR however i noticed that she very constipated and keeps arching backwards should i change to the normal Novalac 1?

Danielle D.
Danielle D.

Hi, my 2month old baby has mild reflux and cramping. She was on Similac total comfort and nexium.
Went for a checkup and the pediatrician advised to switch to Novalac AR, however now my baby is extremely sleepy, she even falls asleep while feeding so out of 150ml she only drinks like 90ml. Seems like she's vomiting /spitting up more then previous.
She is passing clay like stools and is in pain when trying to pass any stool and has way more cramps.

Also I'm using Tommy tippee close to nature bottles and the formula builds up in the teat every time I shake to mix up the formula. I'M not mixing the formula in hot boiled water.

Please help!!
Should I continue with Novalac AR or switch back to Similac total comfort??

Please note this is day 2 of using Novalac AR.

Thanks in advance!

Amelia A.

I also have a 2 month old baby. I also had formula build up in the teat. So we boil and cool water to desired temp first. We then add 2 scoops and shake and then 2 scoops and shake again.
It generally won’t thicken then. My baby also was drinking 90 then slowly after a week or 2 increased to 120.
The stool is much thicker so we give baby Bonnisan - 1 mil only 3 times a day and it helps a lot and he is more regular now.
I stopped the nexium, my baby was getting very sick with it and vomiting and spitting up more.

Noxolo N.

I am going through the same issue as Danielle D. I would like to know whether what Amelia suggested worked Danielle D.

Portia
Portia

I have 1day using novalec AR digest prescribed by a doctor for vomiting,now my son has loose tool I think is diarrhea what should I do now?

Charleen E.
Charleen E.

Hi my 3 month old was said to go on novalac ar die to her bad reflux the reflux is beter and sitting up less but now shes constipated and has very hard stool is it normal because she needs to het used to the Milk or must i talk to the doctor again?

tt

Hi Charleen, I hope you’re well.
My baby has been using this formula since he was 4 months old, after having to try the other brands and didn’t make any difference, with Navalac is so good, he doesn’t vomit and never had constipation, so yes you may have to.
Or if she’s doing her poos everyday and doesn’t hurt her maybe wait for a week, and see how she goes. I hope she’s all well soon, Good luck.

Dikeledi M.
Dikeledi M.

I want to change my 3 months old from novolac ar digest to novolac ar 1 is it advisable ?

Hi Dikeledi
I hope you’re well, since using this formula for my baby never have any issues, he used to drink the other brands, his vomiting never stopped plus he had diarrhoea, so I do highly recommend this formula, I hope this would be helpful for you and your baby, all the best.

Phumzile
Phumzile

I have changed a formula to novalac ar digest because of regurgitation but not it shows the diarrhea. Now I dont know what to feed my baby please help?

Amelia A.

What was your outcome eventually?

Noxolo N.

What’s did you finally decide on Phumzile?

Reba M.
Reba M.

It did the same with my baby but I kept feeding him till he got used to it ....his 5 months old now

Jaya K.
Jaya K.

My 5 weeks old is using novolac ar since one day and poop has changed to solid whitish color. Is it normal?

Razaan D.
Razaan D.

My son is going on 3 weeks he was on novalac ar digest, caused sever cramps and he would have 4 poop diapers a day or more, when having to poo he would cry. He is now using Novalac AR is it normal to spit up after drinking. Was the Novalac AR digest to thick and this one to thin. Please assist?

Farhio S.
Farhio S.

Is this milk halal?

Fatima A.
Fatima A.

Yes it is

Nabeelah J.
Nabeelah J.

Hi, my 4 week old has been prescribed NOVALAC AR due to severe reflux, gas and cramping , she has used it for approximately 10 days of which her reflux has improved however her excessive gas and cramps persisted and she became very constipated passing hard solid stools.
My doctor then suggested we use NOVALAC DIGEST, it's now 2 days using digest and I noticed a difference however she now has diarrhea!
Please advice what should I do?

Amelia A.

Hello, I have a 2 month old boy with the same issue as yours, what was your outcome?

Kaylan O.
Kaylan O.

Whats the price in rand for novalac colic and can i buy it by dischem?

Dagan
Dagan

I am having the same problem with my baby ,did you get any help?

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Novalac? Claim your listing.