Novalac Reflux

Novalac Reflux Questions & Answers

38 questions from our users

Malika B.

Malika B.asked

Hi. I want to know how to make this milk because this milk always stuck in bottle teeth when we feed baby please help because my baby digest this milk only?

Charlie
Charlie

Hi, you have to swish it around u til it all blends before you shake it as it’s too thick to shake it straight away.
Then I got a baby breeza and it doesn’t happen with that..

Tinny M.asked

Hi, my baby is 3mnths old and taking Novalac AR, however i find it difficult for me at night to be waking up making formula cos she will be crying....any tricks on how i can keep it ready.? They say it is only taken within an hour after making it...

Lize-Mé d.

Lize-Mé d.asked

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between novalac ar and ar digest. My 10 week old son is terribly constipated from ar. Will ar digest help?

Annuschka V.
Annuschka V.

Replace 1 scoop of AR with Novalac IT

Telisa P.

Telisa P.asked

Have been using novalac reflux for two day and just noticed that the formula is getting clogged at the teat. I am mixing at room temperature and shaking bottle for 30seconds, has anyone else had this said or know how to fix it? Also if formula is mixed with cooled down water will it thicken if heated in a microwave?

Tinny M.

I wash my hands and just pull the teat...to get it off...and keep feedin the baby,ido dat until it comes out

Naguru D.

Naguru D.asked

I'm try in novalac ar digest for 2 days now and my 7 week old baby is still vomiting every feed and when he is sleeping he vomits all of a sudden. How long should I use novalac for I dont see any change?

Marlene
Marlene

Did you get an answer? I also want to know!

Jacques V.

Jacques V.asked

We have a baby with silent reflux and we think.. loctose intolerant...
Novalac help with the reflux... but giving cramps... nan lactose free help with cramps but not reflux...

Can we mix the 2? thennat least he is not getting that much lactose from one feed and the novalac will help reflux..

We use all remedies..gavescon. nexseem in the morning..

Cameron H.
Cameron H.

Allergy one with infant gaviscon novalac have an allergy formula made with a rice based formula not cows milk but it's out of stock everywhere!

Losike A.

Losike A.asked

My 1month 11 days old baby is feeding novalac ar digest,she has been doing big poops but not too thick...but 2 days back she cries when she passes air and she has not pooped since then. What could be the problem?

LeChe

LeCheasked

Hi Everyone

Please help, my 2 month old baby has been vomiting/spitting up after every feed. My paediatrician advised me to change his milk to Novalac AR digest but it's been 6 days now and my son is suffering from severe stomach cramps and runny stomach. Its really hard to see him in so much pain. Please advise me on what I can do? Please please please

Dianne
Dianne

Have you been making it with boiling hot water and letting it cool?

Novalac did the same thing to my son, at first he would drink it up but after 2 days he would scream drinking it. He also got severely constipated. I went back to aptimal and after a few days he was back to normal.

Is there a chance he has reflux? If so try feeding him more upright, slow flow teet and keeping him upright (not lying down) for 15-20 mins after. We used to read a few books.
For tummy pain use panadol, heat pack and gently massage belly. Even keeping heat pack next to him on his side.

Personally I wouldnt keep using novalac. Perhaps go back to your previous formula with added thickener.
It takes awhile for them to get readjusted after Novalac so give it 3-4 days.
I hope this helps a little x

Bullion
Bullion

Are you using Novalac Reflux or Novalac AR digest?

I had the same problem with my daughter and used Novalac Reflux as pictured. I believe this has helped strengthen her tummy and she can now have other formulas with no issue. I still do purchase Novalac for her and she’s almost 5 months.

Christine S

Christine Sasked

Is novalac reflux vegetarian? Where is its dha source from?

Preethi

Preethiasked

My baby had a digestion problem in first month,,, doctor suggested me novalac ar digest,,, now baby is 3rd month and he doesn't have any digestion problems,, should I continue the same?

Crystal
Crystal

I would definitely continue your baby likes the formula and there's no Issues. If you change formulas It's a risk might not agree with your babies tummy , constipation etc

Mabel

Mabelasked

Since we started on Novalac my LO stopped with the reflux, however he has been having diarrhea ever since, he is 7wks old, what can I do? Please help. TIA

ekab

I hope u found some solution to ur problem alrdy. Novalac is the best for reflux but bub will get constipated. How ever luke warm water will do the magic. For constant diarrhoea u better change the formula. Most probably ur bub is lactose intolerant. Please contact a pedestrian or baby diat specialist.

Lindokuhle

Lindokuhleasked

My baby is using novalac and she is three weeks old and now she has flu and is coughing as if she will vomit must l continue to feed her the product?

A.B

A.Basked

My baby 3 months and she have alot guss and reflux problems so i hav eto try nan.aldi.and s26 formula but she hav it...please tell me this formula will be work my baby ? Please help me she what's only 5.8 kilos

Michelle
Michelle

Hi my baby was about the same age as yours when we tried novalac and his reflux definitely improved. I tried breastfeeding but he wouldnt take to it so bought the novalac reflux and he dramatically changed. He was alot happier plus he started putting on more weight

Annabanana

Annabananaasked

Does Novalac Refulx contain DHA?

meaganjade
meaganjade

I’ve just had a look on the ingredient list, and DHA is not listed, but DHA can be synthesized from alpha-linolenic acid, and that is listed on the ingredient list. I’m definitely no expert though, that was just from some quick research. Might be best to contact the manufacturer.

Candice. M

Candice. Masked

My 7week old baby was suffering with reflux while on nan ha. I switched her to novalac at it helped for 3days but she wasn't breaking her wind as normal she is now breaking big winds and then brings up. The novalac is so thick she has really be checking episodes . Is this normal or should I change her milk again..any help?

Hi Candice
NAN is the worst anti reflux formula to begin with.
I know reflux is a nightmare for parents. i hope it doesnt happen to any one else.

I ve tried 1/2 anti reflux formula but settled with novalac AR. This is better choice i believe at list for my LO. I know breaking wind will be tougher day by day, dnt know why. when i first started with novalac AR initially burping was easy (2-6 weeks) but after that it gets hard. u ve to be very patient. every time try sitting position first then put her on your shoulder and start massaging her entire back (patting doesnt work much). Trust me shoulder position is best way. You can try infacol- before feed But worst part is, for some it may INCREASE REFLUX but for some it works. But i can guaranty you that, if you use infacol and after feed ur DD will become very unsettled. But burping becomes easy and after burp she will be very calm and happy.

My friend Chocking, Blocked/mucosy nose, Back arching are the bi-product of reflux so dnt worry. its common.

Novalac can cause serious temporary constipation as well but just stick with it, constipation will be over within 3-5days and ur DD will be back to her normal routine. Dont use any medication for constipation because those are absolute useless. If ur DS gets constipation just use 1-1.5ml of luke warm water in between feed (no more than twice a day) then her bowel will be cleared very soon 100%. lot of people says that no water for baby. thats rubish. I took advice from 3 GP, every one said after 5-6 weeks you can give little water for constipation which works like magic. And my LO loves water lol and it doesnt create problem for reflux.

One more suggestion, please make sure u dont just breast feed ur DD. even if ur DD becomes full after breastfeed, give her little AR formula otherwise reflux will get worse.

My DS became lot better after switching to novalac ar. hes more settled, sleeps, laughs, plays and vomit lot lot less. I hope it will work for ur DD.
Best of luck

Shellasked

My daughter 7.5mths has been on this product for few weeks and in the past few days she has started pooing a lot and crying when pooing. I love the product, is it worth switching to a different novalac or keep persisting?

CarrieRoss81

Since her condition is all of a sudden, i wouldnt think the formula is the culprit, she may have a virus etc. Perhaps take her to the GP. As a side note, I ceased using this product at around 5 months when I started introducing baby food, as reflux behaviours lessened. I Now use SMA at 8mths.

What is SMA?
Yeah I love the Novalac I may try the non reflux as that has settled down

sara

saraasked

Is novalac allernova AR halal

CarrieRoss81

Yes, Novalac products are Halaal.

Wael

Waelasked

What is the right temperature for novalac AR digest ? Or should I shake it with room temperature ????

Clare Bear
Clare Bear

Hi wael. Use room temperature water because heating it thickens it and it's meant to thicken in their tummy. Heating it up will make it to think to drink. Hope this helps.

danny

dannyasked

My Baby was having Novalec Colic - it was good colic was gone and she didn't cry but however she couldn't sleep for days, night and day only 10 min, and she would wake up.We changed to S26 Lactose free And then she started having reflux. Every feed she would bring back. Now the question is if I buy Novalec reflux would she sleep? or should I stay with the current formula. Don't Know what to do.

saphm

Every baby is different and will react to products differently. I've tried Aptamil AR for reflux which works but it kept my baby up. She has just started to spill a little with Novolac Reflux now, but she sleeps well. If it's colic relief you're after, you could also try Infants Friend? My baby has grown out of her colic now so it's no longer an issue for us. Trial and error I guess otherwise maybe make an appointment to see a Paediatrician?
Good luck.

Manz

Manzasked

I have just put my son on this (his 8weeks old) he still keeps throwing up and cries a lot.. Should I try the colic formula instead?

saphm

Hi Manz, if it's reflux that your son has then I'm not too sure that Novalac Colic will be any better than Novalac Reflux. Maybe have a chat with your Doctor if you haven't already. They may suggest trying something different depending on how bad your sons reflux is. Sorry I can't be of much help.
I hope you find something that works for your little one very soon x

Get an answer from our members and Novalac representatives